Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

10 less dollars and Tesla stock will be worth less than Toyota's

Lol that Elon Musk had the easiest life ever as the darling of the idiot speculation-investing class and he farted it all away being The Most Divorced Man Ever™.

Speculators are amazingly stupid people (bitcoin lol) and you can string them along with terrible ideas for years, and yet he threw it all away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Baby Jesus, this year for Christmas I want Elon musk to post pictures of himself eating instant Mac and cheese for Christmas dinner, alone in a dimly lit room, alongside a divorced screed about how he is actually glad to be abandoned by everyone because at least he doesn't have to deal with all the haters and losers

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/rpsagainsttrump/status/1603962601255354368?s=46&t=r-0Ud9A1MjRbRYcqpT5w6g

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

steinrokkan posted:

Baby Jesus, this year for Christmas I want Elon musk to post pictures of himself eating instant Mac and cheese for Christmas dinner, alone in a dimly lit room, alongside a divorced screed about how he is actually glad to be abandoned by everyone because at least he doesn't have to deal with all the haters and losers

Frying pan for one

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

please keep him on, I love watching billionaires lose money

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

And y’all said it would never happen :rolleyes:

Kale
May 14, 2010

This is it, this is next weeks antic.

Leo: *Serious businessman rhetoric and rationale behind call for new CEO of Tesla*
Elon: :lol: :laffo: Dogecoin Jokey Joke Joke The Wokey Joke Joke :smug: :smith: :lol: jokity joke if only joke joke woke shiba inu :smugdog: Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi :smuggo: why ya gotta do me like that mah dude :911:

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 17, 2022

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

At what point does Musk just completely lose it at everyone making fun of him and, in a fit of rage, just shuts the whole site down "until he can fix it"?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rhonne posted:

At what point does Musk just completely lose it at everyone making fun of him and, in a fit of rage, just shuts the whole site down "until he can fix it"?

According to mudge’s whistleblowing during the takeover if you shut down Twitter it won’t come back. So while possible, that would be really stupid.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

:yeshaha:

Now to see if Elon can log off Twitter long enough to go back to pretending to pay attention to Tesla.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Rhonne posted:

that would mean cutting off the dopamine he gets from being the main character of twitter

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
What the hell did Elon do? I'm not about to scroll through 1000s of posts. I'm seeing getting owned as usual, getting owned for pedo island, and now shareholders trying to oust him from Tesla.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

What the hell did Elon do? I'm not about to scroll through 1000s of posts. I'm seeing getting owned as usual, getting owned for pedo island, and now shareholders trying to oust him from Tesla.

What didn't elon do?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think Musk has more or less accepted that people online hate him. It seems being hated IRL is what is breaking him right now

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

kazil posted:

What didn't elon do?

What can't Elon do!

(stop posting)

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Technically, 90% of people like him (except during quiet periods_

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

But he had a meeting yesterday, what more do they want dammit? He's only one man

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

In what time frame? Like the past day or two? Got booed on stage at a Chapelle comedy show, tailspinned into a paranoid panic at the realization that everyone hates him, lied about being doxxed and his family being attacked in LA to use as an excuse to ban the jet tracker, then banned a bunch of journalists for having the audacity to ask the LAPD if he actually reported an attack, which he didn't, then set up a poll about whether or not he should unban the people who TOTALLY DOXXED HIM (which he claims the journalists did by just sharing the link to the jet tracker), proceeded to get profoundly owned by his own poll, set up a new one to try and correct it, got owned again, and has been sulking ever since.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

steinrokkan posted:

don't doxx my christmas plans :(

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I can't wait for the "Elon Musk has unfollowed Tesla" post

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He was in a meeting yesterday, whether or not he contributed to the meeting is unknown.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pretty funny how he can't just shut the gently caress up and let Twitter exist for a while without it all explicitly being about him. I know that's the point of buying Twitter to begin with but jesus christ man shut the gently caress up and stop posting for like a day.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
There we go

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Pretty funny how he can't just shut the gently caress up and let Twitter exist for a while without it all explicitly being about him. I know that's the point of buying Twitter to begin with but jesus christ man shut the gently caress up and stop posting for like a day.

"You first lol" - Elon Musk, 51 years of age.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Now he can buy it back for cheap and take complete control of Tesla too.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

A normal CEO (lol) might see that their largest investors are calling for their ouster and snap back to their real responsibilities; manning the ship they've been accused of fleeing. However, we know Elon has skin thin enough to be measured in subatomic particles, so as long as people are clowning on him on Twitter, he isn't going to be able to stop posting.

Edit: Elon was def posting/reading Twitter during that meeting

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I assume Musk does still go to meetings, it's just that he spends the whole time staring at twitter while everyone else sits in an uncomfortable silence.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
I really hope he suspends one of the board members of Tesla on twitter.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Elon Musk ignoring the figurative burning piles of cash behind himself: "who the gently caress is scraeming "LOG OFF" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never log off".

and another 50 million goes up in smoke.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

elon skin so thin its being used in new CPU wafers

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I'm sure Elon's response will be "Interesting that someone that knows nothing about building cars is trying to tell me how to build them! I guess I'll have to open another plant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣"

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I totally missed that he sold a ton of Tesla stock this week lmao

Just treating it like an ATM so he can shovel billions of dollars into the Twitter furnace so people can continue to make fun of him

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Musk gets the boot, then watch all those stories about Tesla cars killing people suddenly become he main concern and blame it on the "woke programmers" that stole his company from him.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Twitter (probably) isn't going to kill itself by breaking or shutting down. What will kill Twitter is people moving to another platform that serves them better. After yesterday, it's undeniably a bad place for journalists. I think Post.news has a shot there. They have money and some names, I could see the journalist crowd move there.

As the toxicity increases, users will start to form other communities elsewhere. Discord, Cohost, and Mastodon are all decent competitors for that crowd, though I don't think any has really nailed it and I bet something we don't know about yet will rise instead. Mastodon in particular is a good fit for public (government) announcements, especially if there's a good mobile experience.

What I don't see is an appropriate place for Brands to move to. Where does Nintendo go to announce directs? Where do airlines go to handle customer issues? Where do brands spend ad dollars if the places their users hang aren't interested in advertising? I don't know, none of the replacements I know about seem to fit this use very well.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Total Party Kill posted:

A normal CEO (lol) might see that their largest investors are calling for their ouster and snap back to their real responsibilities; manning the ship they've been accused of fleeing. However, we know Elon has skin thin enough to be measured in subatomic particles, so as long as people are clowning on him on Twitter, he isn't going to be able to stop posting.

Edit: Elon was def posting/reading Twitter during that meeting

The only thing thinner than Elon's skin is the paint on a brand new Tesla

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I, too, might one day decide to self diagnose out-of-date medical terminology so I can say with that authority that Elon is a massive loving shitbag.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think Musk has more or less accepted that people online hate him. It seems being hated IRL is what is breaking him right now

:hai: This week's hilarity seems to have come from the Chapelle fiasco. Elon went out there thinking The Normies were still in his corner and found out otherwise. Now he's terrified that the guillotines are right around the corner.

(They aren't. But a man can dream, right?)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

sebmojo posted:

i think it's fake
Slightly off topic but no, as any Australian can tell you, it was not fake, the then Prime Minister of Australia did say that. He's a complete and utter scumbag.

My Take, for the 0 people who care:

The biggest problem with Musk, aside from the fact that he still exists, is that at no point in his life has he ever really faced consequences for his bullshit that were meaningful. He's always bullshitted or been bailed out of them before and ended up wealthier. He has a distinct trajectory of failing upwards with his idiocy and big boasting.

The thing is, before he had actual competent people around him who were able to actually make something that could be hocked off to others. With twitter, there isn't that anymore. No new big thing can be pushed out. There is nothing big he can brag about. As such his continued bullshitting like he has historically done don't come with the big dream vapourware project that can appear worth that kind of bombastic rhetoric, and as such every single failing of his as a person is coming to the fore with the attendant blows to his ego.

In addition, the whole twitter debacle has been a mess of petty vengeance and spite from the start. He made the initial ridiculous offer, probably while high as a loving kite, and then followed through just enough that when he had second thoughts he could no longer get out of it. He tried anyway, in his usual manner, by mercilessly attacking the company he was obligated to buy for an inflated price and tanking its stock price. Then when cooler heads prevailed upon him the fact that he was not going to get out of the deal, and that he was just loving himself on an iron spike by carrying on the way he was, he followed through on the deal.

Then he immediately fired the entire board in revenge for making him buy the company, which caused chaos and half the advertisers went "nope!" and hosed off. There are no adults left in the room at twitter who can reign him in or translate his insanity into something that is workable, like at his other companies. As a result, we are getting raw and unfiltered Musk, and watching how his every attempt to recover from the hole he blew in the company with this spiteful and pointless act has just made everything worse. It's like watching a guy try to put out a kitchen grease fire after kicking out the fire department. First comes the water which makes it worse, and now he's trying petrol.

The worst (best) part of this is that every single thing he is doing is happening right out in the open for absolutely everyone to see. Without his chaperones and without anything big to capture the imaginations of countless idiots, he is letting it all hang out in public. The emperor has no clothes and is baffled and angry at why the people he has always believed loved him are now pointing and laughing. Obviously this is their fault somehow, and he's been lashing out ever since, getting more and more unhinged. This is not going to end well for him. It cannot end well for him. The absolute best thing he could do is shut the gently caress up and appoint someone to lead twitter and then go hide in a bunker until June of next year, but as an egotist he is literally incapable of such, even if he otherwise had impulse control greater than a toddler on meth.

It's going to be great to watch, but I can't help but think that the later stages of his meltdown will be an attempt to do as much damage as is physically possible to those he feels have wronged him by not worshipping the ground upon which he walks.