Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for making my mother cry because I did not want to meet a stranger?

quote:

This happened months ago, but I'm (f25) still not sure what to think of this situation. I moved away from my home state last July, to a very faraway state a degree. My parents helped me move. So here is what happened.

My stepfather made friends with this man via Facebook. It was/is a group page about fathers who have daughters that move to that particular state. It's to help fathers who have questions about helping their daughters transition from another state to this state. My stepfather became acquainted with this man online. My mother helped me move into my new apartment in the state, as my stepfather had to stay for work. My mother insisted that we meet this man in person. I don know why but meeting this stranger gave me weird vibes. I told my mother that I did not want to meet this man. She told me that my stepfather and her wanted me to meet this man to have a support network in the area. Again, I said that I wouldn't meet this man.

At some point, after saying this to her, we ended up in the car. I'm cannot remember exactly what escalated the situation, maybe I said something, but she started sobbing and eventually yelling at me. She said stuff like, "You make me feel like I'm a bad mother. You make me feel like I can never do anything right by you. You never show appreciation for me. Anything I do for you ends up wrong. We know you're just trying to get away from us. We know you moved up here to get away from your family. You're so ungrateful. You only talk about the stuff that I do wrong!" etc. I explained to her that I try to show appreciation as much as I can because this is not the first time she has expressed this to me. But she just reiterated that she was just telling me how she felt. I understand having the ability to express yourself to family is important. But, I did point out that I do express gratitude and that I had been expressing it more than she was either remembering or feeling. I make a conscious effort to express gratitude to her frequently because she has said these things to me periodically for years. Anyway, eventually, I caved and said I would meet this guy. I won't lie. This whole situation had me crying too. I just felt like a horrible and guilty. We ended up meeting this guy. It was fine. I haven't spoken to him since.

Eventually, I told my friend about this. They said it was reasonable for me to have a support network, but at 25 I should be making those connections with fellow students or professors, not strange men my parents had me meet because they know them from Facebook. They also said my mother's reaction to not wanting to meet this man was odd. That was the main word they kept saying, that the situation was just odd. Part of me, though, still feels really guilty about this, despite it being months ago. I often wonder, if I had just said yes to meeting this guy, would I have caused so much emotional turmoil for my mother? I could have avoided her crying and getting so upset by just saying yes. So, AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Mom finally found her a husband

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Piell posted:

My stepfather made friends with this man via Facebook. It was/is a group page about fathers who have daughters that move to that particular state. It's to help fathers who have questions about helping their daughters transition from another state to this state.

what a weirdly specific group. why is the random man already in the state? is this just a weird trafficking thing?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

teen witch posted:

AITA for not inviting my cousin back to Manhattan because he acted too much like a tourist?

"Not everybody is in a hurry, you know."

Lol. Lmao.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I couldn't imagine destroying someone's sentimental keepsakes, especially if they were my own kid, what the absolute gently caress

There's a frightening amount of parents who just straight up confess they care more about a made bed than their child's feelings, and it's scary.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ilmucche posted:

what a weirdly specific group. why is the random man already in the state? is this just a weird trafficking thing?

Yeah, that felt like such a weird thing. Although I also went to:

datajugend posted:

Mom finally found her a husband

as my first thought.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I figured cult. Like, the Facebook page is for Mormons whose kids are moving to California, to try to keep the kids under the church's thumb.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ilmucche posted:

"Please post in this group where and when your young, isolated daughter moved. For the support"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Well I am pretty sure it wasn't a weird Mormon group that the stepdad was on but now I think he probably belongs in jail for trying to sell his step daughter...

WIBTA for concern of my mothers FB Feet Pics

quote:

Before making a judgment, please consider my past. I(f25) was raised by sexually open parents. At age 5, they were vocal about being in an open marriage. I met some of the other women and their children. A few years later, they were open about promoting an adult website (not participating in the acts). In my teens, my mother had giant framed lingerie photos of her hung all over their bedroom. I rarely brought friends over. My mother had this humiliating "fetish" voice of speaking to my stepfather in a high, very young, girly voice and would call my stepfather "daddy." It bothered my stepsister and me.

The issue: My mother is on Facebook, is friends with our family members, and recently posted a posed photo of her feet in black fishnets in high heels. The post is about her going to a concert, and although the shoes are nice, it feels creepy and honestly explicit. Part of me wonders if she is just innocently oblivious to how this could be viewed sexually. I wonder if I could save her some embarrassment by explaining how the photos could be interpreted. Another part of me questions if she had done this on purpose, considering her history, and if I should keep my mouth shut. After all, who casually posts feet pics? She is a grown woman who can do whatever she wants on social media. Still, I don't want to be friends with her if she's going to be purposefully explicit because then I will continue seeing these uncomfortable photos knowing her intentions. If I unfriend her, she'll take it personally and have questions. I don't want to control a grown women's choices, though. I'm not sure how to handle this

Posted by the same person 3 months ago...

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

deety posted:

AITA for not wanting my friend’s little sister to crash our D&D campaign?

Lol at this guy for thinking his plans should be in any way a priority here.

quote:

My mom thinks I was an AH because V is ‘raising a child by himself’, but he has money from his inheritance and gets help from his gfs family, so he isn’t ‘alone’. My brothers agree that I’m not TA here because V shouldn’t baby A so much that he won’t put her with a babysitter.

Well, at least you won't die completely alone because your brothers are assholes, too.

Jackass.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I couldn't imagine destroying someone's sentimental keepsakes, especially if they were my own kid, what the absolute gently caress

There's a frightening amount of parents who just straight up confess they care more about a made bed than their child's feelings, and it's scary.

Yeah and there's a lot of other things I've realized lately that were not okay like verbal and physical abuse. My mom always said she was the best most loving mom and I really need to :therapy:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

B-Rock452 posted:

WIBTA for concern of my mothers FB Feet Pics

Part of me wonders if she is just innocently oblivious to how this could be viewed sexually.

How is there still part of her that doesn't get that her mom is a mondo perv?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

AITA if I tell my guests (family) that I need to be reimbursed for buying, preparing and cooking Christmas dinner?

quote:

Using a throwaway just in case my cousins were to come across this. I’m 21 and have a really close family. We always did Christmas at my grandmas house but she passed away last January and so there was a lot of discussion as to who would do the dinner.

Mu opinion was it would be best to have one of the younger people do it that way we can have a long standing tradition that last years. There was some arguing back and forth between my and my aunt but finally she said “fine.” I was kind of thinking my 29 year old cousin would step up since she has a really nice house and kitchen but then she said she would be going to Germany this year. Finally after a month of no one volunteering my mom said I’d really pissed my aunt off and I needed to do Christmas this year since I was so adamant about a young person doing it. I was not going to be proved wrong so I said I would.

So a couple of things. Im a good cook so I’m not worried about that part. But it’s WAY more expensive than I thought it would be, especially with inflation. I also realized that my apartment is way too small so I rented a really nice Airbnb for the day. And I had to buy all new dishes, cookware, serving ware, table spread etc… this is going to cost me about $4500 that is going on my credit card.

We are having between 20 and 25 people and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask them to pay between $250 and $300each so I’m not financially ruined by this. Im a first year teacher and I can’t afford that.

When I told my mom about the idea she said don’t you dare even consider it. Her argument was it was my idea and I even arguged with my aunt, all my grandmas stuff packed up and in great shape…I didn’t need fo get a whole new “spread” from pottery barn and why didn’t I just ask someone else to host and I could cook and that my grandma never once asked for anything in return so this could “splinter” the family.

She said “admit you bit off more than you could chew, take everything back, cancel the Airbnb and ask for help with hosting and cooking.” I said no I could do but I needed money. She said I was embarrassing “the hell” out of her and she may not come.

Your own mom threatening to not come to your Christmas is making me feel like an rear end in a top hat. Am I or would I be ?

Edit: thank you for the inputs, I will be calling my aunt and try to work this out and I will return all the stuff I can and cancel the Airbnb.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Vim Fuego posted:

A huge perv whose fetishes include forcing other people to participate in her Being Sexy, too.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

AITA if I tell my guests (family) that I need to be reimbursed for buying, preparing and cooking Christmas dinner?

Ohhhh, absolutely the rear end in a top hat. Good that they seem to have realized it and stepped back from the brink, though.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

tinytort posted:

A huge perv whose fetishes include forcing other people to participate in her Being Sexy, too.

A huge perv who also cries when her daughter refuses to meet the strange man her stepfather found on Facebook for her

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

And I had to buy all new dishes, cookware, serving ware, table spread etc… this is going to cost me about $4500 that is going on my credit card

quote:

had to

Lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

I also realized that my apartment is way too small so I rented a really nice Airbnb for the day. And I had to buy all new dishes, cookware, serving ware, table spread etc… this is going to cost me about $4500 that is going on my credit card.

We are having between 20 and 25 people and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask them to pay between $250 and $300each

lmao that math does not add up, either they're bad at math or this was a failed grift

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
actually i'm pretty sure this was a failed grift now

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Biplane posted:

"Please post in this group where and when your young, isolated daughter moved. For the support"

That facebook group was definitely created by Dennis Reynolds.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

It's a hard lesson to learn, since most folks' parents have never had any sexual activity whatsoever so it's not something they would ever have to think about

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lmao that math does not add up, either they're bad at math or this was a failed grift

I don’t think it’s a grift, I think the OP is just a genuine dumbass. She probably bought a bunch of incredibly overpriced stuff to make it look like she knew what she was doing.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for throwing away my son’s coin collection because he refused to clean his room?

AITA for throwing away a family heirloom because of a mundane chore?

This reminds me of my childhood so loving much. I couldn't ever let my parents know that things had value to me otherwise they'd confiscate it as soon as they found any sort of justification.

Congratulations on becoming estranged!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

wizardofloneliness posted:

I don’t think it’s a grift, I think the OP is just a genuine dumbass. She probably bought a bunch of incredibly overpriced stuff to make it look like she knew what she was doing.

Likely, but at their lowest estimate they're asking for $5000 for a $4500 spread. Or $7500 at the high end.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
In the comments she goes into detail about how everything has to look perfect for TikTok. One in particular where she gets chills just thinking about how good the pictures would look in that spectacular Airbnb makes me think it's probably fake but who knows, social media can do horrible things to people's brains.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Rabble posted:

This reminds me of my childhood so loving much. I couldn't ever let my parents know that things had value to me otherwise they'd confiscate it as soon as they found any sort of justification.

Oof. Almost forgot about that. Sorry fellow hosed up kid.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Piell posted:

it’s perfectly reasonable to have concerns when your daughter decides to move out of New Mexico

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Piell posted:

It's to help fathers who have questions about helping their daughters transition from another state to this state.
The gently caress is this?

I've lived in several states in the US and spent tons of time traveling for work and at no point did I ever think "oh man, this state, wow this state is so different that I need special help figuring out how to live here!". A grocery store is a grocery store, a gas station is a gas station, Walmart is always Walmart, etc.

Is this some small town Fox News Conservative bullshit where like "you gotta protect your daughters against the horrors of California" or something?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

In the comments she goes into detail about how everything has to look perfect for TikTok. One in particular where she gets chills just thinking about how good the pictures would look in that spectacular Airbnb makes me think it's probably fake but who knows, social media can do horrible things to people's brains.

This actually makes it more believable for me

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It's almost 100% a forced marriage attempt.

AITA for buying my siblings better gifts than my stepsiblings?

quote:

My dad has been married to Joy for 2 years. She has two kids who are 7m and 5f. My siblings (14m and 13f) and I 16m live with our dad and Joy. I don't consider Joy my parent or her kids my siblings but I'm not a jerk either so when I went Christmas shopping I did get them gifts, but nothing like what I got my siblings. I got my sister this makeup case she's been wanting, some decals for her Switch and I got her some packs of Animal Crossing amiibo cards. I got my brother three video games he's wanted for a while and I got him a second controller for his PS5. I work PT and I save most of my money so I could afford to do this. I got a toy for each of my stepsiblings, not even really sure what they were, but not very expensive. I was wrapping them while everyone else was out. Joy came home early and saw me wrapping them, asked where the rest of the gifts were, I said that was it, and she got mad at me because she realized her kids got way less compared to my siblings and the effort was put into my siblings more. She told me I was old enough to treat them all exactly the same and to imagine how it would feel for her kids to think I don't love them the same. She complained to my dad when he got home and he asked me about it. I told him her kids don't mean the same to me as my siblings so I got them something to be nice vs actually wanting to and trying to be their big brother. Dad spoke to Joy after me and she was annoyed that I didn't see them all as equally my siblings. She questioned me on who else I bought gifts for and I told her it was none of her business. She told me I live in her house, she's the mom of the house, etc. I told her I don't have a mom and that she's not MY mom and I don't owe her the information about who I spend my money on gifts for.

Things are now so tense. It's been more than a week and my dad asked if I would consider spending more on Joy's kids to keep the peace. I told him I wasn't willing to do that. So dad bought some extra gifts for me to say are from me. Joy was pissed and said I was a little rear end in a top hat because I should not be getting blood family better gifts for being blood when we're all equally one family.

AITA?

And for people who will ask or suggest going to my mom's. I literally don't have one. My siblings and I were born to a surrogate for dad to be our sole parent. He became a single parent to three. The surrogate has no legal rights to us. So no mom.

AITA (AWTA) for not giving our granddaughter the same wedding gift as our other grandchildren?

quote:

First of all, this is my first post on here ever, I wanted an objective opinion and I have read a lot of these kinds of posts on Facebook. If I do anything wrong please tell me.

I(70s F) am the grandmother to 5 wonderful grandkids (3 women and 2 men). The last of my grandkids got married last October. My husband (70s M) and I usually get them a small gift (usually the cheapest thing on the registry), then the day before the wedding, we privately gift them a check for $40k, we prefer that they use it for a house, but we don’t force them to do so. We also ask them to keep it private (we have a big extended family, and we don’t want them to expect it from us). They all honored this request.

When it came to our youngest granddaughter, we bought her an air fryer (that was the cheapest thing on the registry) and sent it in advance. Then she called us furious, she went off on us for being cheap and how she knew we had money, but that we did not love her enough to show it by getting her something more expensive.

We were horrified by her behavior, then she went ahead and threatened to disinvite us if we didn’t get her a better gift. We discussed it, bought her a China set, but we did not give her the money that was set aside for her. We decided that she did not deserve it.

Fast foreword to last week, she met up with her brother, they got to talking and she found out about the cash gift that he got. She asked her cousins and found out all of them got the same gift. She called us furious for discriminating against her. We told her that it was our money, and after how she behaved, we did not want to give it to her.

She started crying, said that she was just extremely stressed, and that we shouldn’t have taken it to heart. We told her that we stand by our decision. Now she is refusing to attend Christmas, and her mother (our DIL) is calling us AHs. So AWTAs.

most of reddit votes NTA because air fryers are loving awesome.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 17, 2022

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

MagusofStars posted:

The gently caress is this?

It's not a support group for fathers, it's a creep group for setting daughters of marriageable age up with men within a religious cult or very specific ethnicity.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for buying my siblings better gifts than my stepsiblings?

quote:

My siblings and I were born to a surrogate for dad to be our sole parent. He became a single parent to three. The surrogate has no legal rights to us. So no mom. l

:dafuq:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

tactlessbastard posted:

Well, at least you won't die completely alone because your brothers are assholes, too.

Jackass.

oh, that guy actually figured it out:

quote:

Edit: Ok I see overwhelmingly I am being voted TA. I’m gonna take some time away from reddit now (because I’ve started getting threats) to think about what happened and then try and talk to V.

I definitely don’t think I’d been appreciating his role as being that of a parent, not just as an older brother, and I need to say sorry. I struggled to make friends in school and D&D was one of those ways I made friends, but I think I’ve been too focused on the game itself rather than the good friends I’ve been playing with.

Hopefully I can mend this with everyone. I was afraid of the change but ended up making it worse. Once I’ve thought about what I’m going to say I’ll talk to him and update you.

(Also just to add for those confused:
  1. My issue was never her joining us or being there - it was really that everyone seemed to reach a consensus on changing the whole plan so last minute. I should have just asked to reschedule, I let my excitement for the event get the better of me and was desperate for it to go ahead as planned.

2. This was the finale of the first arc, which I should have specified. I was attached to it so much after only a month because it’s been our best yet, and I was afraid of it being ruined / changing. But like people have said, the whole point of D&D is change, and no good campaign is made by refusing to accept that. )

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ugh you cant learn from your mistake and grow as a person that is cheating.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA (AWTA) for not giving our granddaughter the same wedding gift as our other grandchildren?

Impressive balls on the granddaughter.

"I was just being terrible to you because I was under a lot of stress. Can I have my 40 grand now?"

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

MagusofStars posted:

"oh man, this state, wow this state is so different that I need special help figuring out how to live here!". A grocery store is a grocery store, a gas station is a gas station,

Unless you're my mother in law who has always lived in Oregon and was driven to tears when she had to figure out how to fuel her own vehicle for the first time at age 64.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Maybe Alaska would be the only place where you should get some orientation for remote areas. And I could see parents being anxious about how hostile it can be for women. But that support group makes little sense.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for being uncomfortable with my girlfriend's manly behaviour around her brothers?

quote:

My (19M) girlfriend (18F) invited my to spend the holidays with her family. We have been together for almost a year since we met at our college. I can't go with my family this year for logistical reasons so this was a good option. She is the youngest among seven siblings (28M, 26M, 25M, 23M, 22M, 20M) and the only girl. Their mom died seven years ago so it was going to be us, her bothers and their father (54M). In my experience, my girlfriend was never shy or quiet but she has always been polite and well spoken. All her brothers are really tall and muscular guys but my she is a short and petite girl.

Since we arrived earlier this week, I have noticed how she behaves really different around here that what I am used to, specially around her brothers. She is really manly and aggressive with them and has a tendency to insult them at the slightest provocation, calling them sissies, pussies, cucksuckers and suggesting they lack balls or have small penises. The brothers don't seem to take any offense by all this as if it was very normal and unimportant. The brothers also say rude things to one another but not with the same level of intensity my girlfriend does.

They don't insult her like that at all but do tease her with more mundane things like she cooking badly. One of the first exchanges that showed me all this family dynamic was when we were going to eat the first night and my girlfriend has cooked something. The oldest brother told me that he was sad my girlfriend didn't inherited their mom's cooking talents and she responded he should be more worried about how he inherited their mom's dick size. By the way, I have seen all of them wearing boxers during my days here and none of them have a small penis, so I think these insults are more metaphorical. The insults mainly occur either in responses like that or as a way to pressure them to do their chores around the house.

I don't like confrontations at all so I have been really uncomfortable about this enviroment and very intimidated by my girlfriend's behaviour. I tried to talk to one of the brothers about this but he just told me they think it is funny and that they were them the ones who teach her those words when they were younger. He says they are confident about their masculinity and are not by what their little sister says.

When she heard we were talking instead of doing the dishes, she said "go back to work, this is my kitchen not a small dick support group". When she realised she said that to me and not only to the brother, she apologised and said it was just the costume. I talk to her about how bad I me feel but she just laughed and didn't take my feelings seriously. I have been trying to insist with this but she just ignores me and avoids the issue. If I keep talking about it she just gets mad and walks away. This has became a big conflict for me because I am not okay with this situation.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

AITA For Telling My Daughter “Remember Who Is Raising You”

quote:

I (30’s F) have two teenage daughters. My older girl is about to turn 16. Her father lives just minutes way from us but she hasn’t seen him in months because he is not a nice or good person and she said she needed a break from him. We have no formal custody agreement, so she doesn’t have to see either of us if she doesn’t want to, but this is the first time this has happened.

Her father has honestly always been crap. He cheated on me with multiple people when we were together and constantly told me he was going to get custody of her and make some other girl her mom. He abandoned her when she was an infant and didn’t show up again for about a year. He pays me $100/month in “child support,” and I had to really work my rear end off to be a parent and earn my three degrees.

My husband has been in her life since she was 3. He has provided for her in every way, puts a roof over her head, puts food in her belly, holds medical insurance on her, goes to her games and conferences, talks with her about life, took her to all the father-daughter dances, etc. My ex pays for her phone.

My daughter recently blew up over ketchup. Yes, ketchup. My husband is diabetic and buys sugar free ketchup, and she was mad that we were out of regular. She stated saying, “well if HE took better care of himself and didn’t get diabetes we could have regular ketchup! My dad always made sure we had regular because he knows how much I like it!”

I got pissed and listed off everything my husband does for her and told her “you need to remember who is raising you, and it is not your dad! He can have whatever ketchup he likes!”

She went to her room and now I’m wondering if I went too far, because I feel bad for being so blunt even though she already knows what kind of person her father is.

AITA?

AITA and the reason that our anniversary ruined?

quote:

Yesterday my husband and I were going to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The day before, however, I started my menstrual cycle. Husband declared that our anniversary was now ruined. For background info- my periods are usually very painful and we normally do not have sex during that time. So the next morning on our anniversary, he told me that he had plans for us to stay overnight at a hotel nearby so that we could have a night away from our teenagers…… BUT that since I started my period, he cancelled it. That didn’t actually bother me though. I honestly was glad that we didn’t need to spend extra money on a room.

We chose not to exchange gifts this year too, since it’s so close to Christmas. The new plan was to grab lunch together, and then have dinner later in the evening. On the way to lunch, husband started complaining that this is not how he wanted the day to go and told me “if you weren’t bleeding right now we’d be in a hotel right now having sex”. At this point now I’m getting irritated, especially because we have an active sex life outside of my monthly cycles. I asked him to please drop it before I get upset and the day gets ruined. He agreed and then we had lunch.

When we got back home, we didn’t have sex, but other things were done…..and let’s just say I took care of him. A little later we had to be at our son’s school for an awards event and the plan was to have dinner together afterwards.

We get back home and my husband’s mood completely changed again. He brought up the hotel again and how I’m “too bloody to do anything”. I told him that he was making me feel really horrible for something that I have no control over. He said he knows, but that he just really wanted to have sex. And that he had a whole plan for the night. I asked if we could celebrate and do his hotel idea once my period is over but he said what’s the point. So I’m trying to save the night still, asking where he wants to go eat dinner. He said nowhere and that he didn’t feel like going out now. So I offered DoorDash and said I would make us some drinks. Nope, wasn’t good enough. He poured himself a glass of whiskey and told me to clean the kitchen and dining room. Didn’t talk to me for the rest of the night.

After re-playing the whole day again, I realized that he hadn’t hugged me, kissed me, or given me any kind of physical touch. It made me really sad and I feel like I’m just some sex object now.

This morning he told me that he’s willing to give me a chance to make it up to him. Umm, excuse me??? I told him I don’t need to make up anything because I did nothing wrong. Now his silent treatment has continued. AITA?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 17, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for being uncomfortable with my girlfriend's manly behaviour around her brothers?

That sounds like an annoying dynamic to be around but holy lol, that guy's a weiner.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Cowslips Warren posted:

It's true, this man has no dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hold on a sec, gotta update brother_in_law_penises.xls