Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Epic High Five posted:

95% of cars look exactly the same now. It's either a massively oversized land boat or a broke person hatchback lifted 1 inch off the ground, renamed "crossover", and sold for 20k more

The only reason you can look at a parking lot and not see something from anti-Soviet propaganda is because enough people are still trying to keep 04 sedans running because it's all they can afford

:wrong:

i keep an 02 hatchback running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Jailbreaking your car, which lets software control your speed and direction, seems bad.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jetz0r posted:

:wrong:

i keep an 02 hatchback running

:hf: got a '14 hatchback I intend to run until its wheels fall off. In a sensible world this would be the only kind of car anybody would need if the rare circumstance they need one at all, I'm pretty sure I can move more poo poo in it than most truck beds I've seen lol.

This month is my last payment on it, bracing myself for the dealership/financers burying me in trade-in offers

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

sorry you hate fuel efficiency it’s not the cars' fault they converge on the most* aerodynamic** shape

Apr 7, 2003

BonHair posted:

Jailbreaking your car, which lets software control your speed and direction, seems bad.

~ 2010 era car forums were full of instructions on how to break the park interlock so you could watch DVDs on your entertainment system while in motion.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Epic High Five posted:

95% of cars look exactly the same now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

dire, I guess my memory of a decent variety in what I'd see was just a temporary transition in the industry and not the old standard

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
These companies have all the marketing money in the world and for 80 years they've been the ones deciding what people want their cars to look like.

Build whatever is most convenient for you as a corporation, then make the market want that.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Gunshow Poophole posted:

converge on the most* aerodynamic** shape
Crab Train?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i just drove but i live next a nice parkway, so even though it's a bit slower there's not many cars, and a lot of cool houses to look at

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

actionjackson posted:

i just drove but i live next a nice parkway, so even though it's a bit slower there's not many cars, and a lot of cool houses to look at

you’re always posting about your luxury lifestyle with your fancy cars and taste in design and buying le creuset despite pages of advice in the cooking thread not to. now you live somewhere nice too? what is your deal, action man?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

you’re always posting about your luxury lifestyle with your fancy cars and taste in design and buying le creuset despite pages of advice in the cooking thread not to. now you live somewhere nice too? what is your deal, action man?

weird thread stalking but ok

i live in a pretty small condo that I only got because I bought in 2011 when prices were really low (like 180/SF), and also I'm in Minneapolis so no one wanted to buy here and deal with the winters

but I am near the river and the road that is right above it obviously has a lot of fancy homes. i would not call a 1 br / 1 ba 952 SF condo fancy. across the street from me is just student housing since my neighborhood borders the u of minn main campus

also no kids to suck away all my dollars

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The title of the article is "check your six", but it has nothing to do with the fact that the bmw x6 has no rear visibility. rather it's about how its oversized grill looks scary behind other drivers

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you make memorable posts asking for purchase advice that go on for several pages. then Kramer in here with your car? you’re like some archetypal type of a guy and nobody else posts like that.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive become golf cart pilled. a future of trollies, trains, bikes, and golf carts for the edge case ppl.... golf.. cart

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its all you need folks. cars are too big, too fast. dont need to go 500 miles at 100 mph. cars too powerful. dont need all that....

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Aerodynamic, not in the sense that the air moves effortlessly around the car, increasing speed, stability and fuel efficiency, but in the American sense of showing that dumb communist* air who's the boss by violently pushing it in front of the car.

*Air is free, which is a communist concept.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heavy machinery to buy grocery? i think not. golf cart

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

you make memorable posts asking for purchase advice that go on for several pages. then Kramer in here with your car? you’re like some archetypal type of a guy and nobody else posts like that.

i don't like having a car but i'm in america so :shrug:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Smythe posted:

ive become golf cart pilled. a future of trollies, trains, bikes, and golf carts for the edge case ppl.... golf.. cart

golf carts are pretty awesome, i loved working outdoor shows where i got to zip around in little cargo golf carts

load em up with cable and zip ties, drive them right inside the buildings/tents, give people rides around the grounds, and put it back in the cart corral to recharge overnight.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Clowns, every one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDcSrmnLDUo

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

weird thread stalking but ok

i live in a pretty small condo that I only got because I bought in 2011 when prices were really low (like 180/SF), and also I'm in Minneapolis so no one wanted to buy here and deal with the winters

but I am near the river and the road that is right above it obviously has a lot of fancy homes. i would not call a 1 br / 1 ba 952 SF condo fancy. across the street from me is just student housing since my neighborhood borders the u of minn main campus

also no kids to suck away all my dollars
My two-bedroom apartment is 425 square feet, that sounds absolutely palatial.

What do you do with all that space!? It's possible living here has completely broken my sense of space.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

i got given a le creuset cast iron that is p good are they bad now? should i not replace it if it is ruined one day

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

i got given a le creuset cast iron that is p good are they bad now? should i not replace it if it is ruined one day

i hear they’re fine but you have a lot of money to throw around if you’re just starting out and buy it for how it looks with your interior design, and it seems like showing off.

e: 500 ft2 with 2

moral of the story don’t come to the car hating thread to boast of your car and house with the nice road for cars

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 22:39 on Dec 17, 2022

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Real hurthling! posted:

le creuset is high quality home cookware

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
le creuset is overrated and cast iron is better than enamelware anyway. People just don't get their pans seasoned well enough.

Apr 7, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

You need some all clad to go with it or it’s no good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the cheap all clad or the super fancy series that still exposes you to cancer teflon but heats more evenly? i have a wok from their cheaper line.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'd love to buy the super fancy car with the auto parking system that jacks you off and the fancy human leather interior but I'm poor and me and my passengers eat too many sloppy banh mis in the cabin

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chicken thigh bahn mi is my new go to

vvv
900sqft would be a very big one bedroom in my city. thats how big my 2br is.

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 01:22 on Dec 18, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ham Equity posted:

My two-bedroom apartment is 425 square feet, that sounds absolutely palatial.

What do you do with all that space!? It's possible living here has completely broken my sense of space.

thats a very small apartment lol

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Real hurthling! posted:

the cheap all clad or the super fancy series that still exposes you to cancer teflon but heats more evenly? i have a wok from their cheaper line.

replace that wok with a cheap carbon steel one and then pick up one of those butane burners for hot pot and korean bbq. that combo will serve you far better than any weird non-stick wok option. just remember, get the wok hot Before you add the oil!

the final objective is to have some insane 50k + btu outdoor burner to go with your three foot wok so you can be the guy who’s always outside grilling only with delicious stir fries

Apr 7, 2003

cat botherer posted:

le creuset is overrated and cast iron is better than enamelware anyway. People just don't get their pans seasoned well enough.

My wife likes cooking in le cruset

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife likes cooking in le cruset

howd you chop her up so finely?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I am not American and living in America I hate Rights on red as I been almost run over or freak out when doing a right in red and suddenly pedestrian.
So I normally ignore and wait for green while angry people honk, I loved reading on Reddit someone mad that they always honk st people stopped at red arrows which in Washington state don't mean no right on red btw unlike California or rest of us and how 'messes up his light timing and will be late"

Well leave earlier then idiot

mystes
May 31, 2006

Celexi posted:

red arrows which in Washington state don't mean no right
wtf? it just means "stop" in washington state?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
And when I have to drive what I love most us road ragers which I then promptly floor it and they always fail to catch up my stealth sports car. Btw people are getting shot in Washington by road ragers so bolting is always the safest lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

mystes posted:

It means a right in red you can do but has low visibility lol.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mystes posted:

I don't know what that poster is talking about. You can do that at most intersections unless there is explicitly a sign that says "no turn on red".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't know what that poster is talking about. You can do that at most intersections unless there is explicitly a sign that says "no turn on red".

That isn't the case outside Washington and Oregon is what I meant. In California a red arrow is no turn