Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Buffalo:

'Saturday, 8:52 a.m. ET Update: The forecast from The Weather Channel now calls for a 65% chance of snow at kickoff, with 11 MPH winds and the real-feel temperature at 20 degrees. Based on the forecast, nearly one inch of snow is expected to fall during the game.'

This is actually sort of good news that it's only one inch during the game (or bad news for us if you wanted more). Lake effect snow warning in place until one tomorrow afternoon.

https://twitter.com/pathammer/status/1604091800834244609

Patrick Hammer, supposedly a Buffalo meteorologist who is also a man named Patrick Hammer posted:

Currently about 9 inches of snow on the ground. Still snowing with heavier snow expected to move back towards the stadium game time.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
More snow is good snow. Except for Miami. They are probably doomed.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Docjowles posted:

lol. I think everyone suspected this was the case since there didn't seem to be any football reason for him to get repeatedly cut. But funny to hear it spelled out.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/11023806

He's a 7th round pick?!?!? Why would a former 7th rounder have any sort of an ego? Your hanging in the league by your fingertips, why piss people off?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

syzpid posted:

He's a 7th round pick?!?!? Why would a former 7th rounder have any sort of an ego? Your hanging in the league by your fingertips, why piss people off?

A 7th who was inactive every game of his rookie year too! Pissed about merely playing less, like this year isn't already the most he's played in the league

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Snow games are awful

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Snow games are awful

Snow game dumb as hell but let the crazy people pretend

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My titties are ready

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1604174655836672000?s=46&t=YPvHThXBDGTAIkWDGpTFhg

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's mitch o'clock

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

indigi posted:

are you seriously telling him to stop pishing right now

This is highly unorthodox

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

a neat cape posted:

Snow games are awful

counterpoint: bad weather games are amazing

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

Snow games are awful

They are fun one or two per season events

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lions-Eagles 2013 was one of my favorite games.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Snow games are awful

mods

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Snow is awful

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Cowards, the lot of you. You don't deserve snow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
49ers about to move into the #2 seed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1604179526006714368

get ready baby here it comes baby. TB12

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Snow games are awful

Amy Pole Her posted:

Snow game dumb as hell but let the crazy people pretend

Miami and SoCal checking in

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
snow games aren't normal football but that's what makes them fun. no worse than when teams play in driving rain or hyperwind

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens have essentially the whole team available today except for one guy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens have essentially the whole team available today except for one guy

Pretty good. How much of a difference could one guy possibly make

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Browns are playing for nothing too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

indigi posted:

snow games aren't normal football but that's what makes them fun. no worse than when teams play in driving rain or hyperwind

Those are also bad.

It's bad football.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
apple dropped out of the sunday ticket bidding so now its down to google/youtube vs amazon

https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/17/23513966/apple-nfl-sunday-ticket-negotiations-exit

i do love that some of the reasons are apple correctly pointing out how loving stupidly limited the sunday ticket package is and also they wanted to do some bundling that the nfl hated

quote:

iPhone maker reportedly wanted to gain the rights to aspects not included in its Sunday Ticket contract, and also expressed concern over some of the limitations that come along with the football package, such as the fact that it can’t stream the games internationally, nor can it access in-market games. On Friday, a report from Sportico revealed that Apple wanted to bundle Sunday Ticket with its $6.99 per month Apple TV Plus subscription at no added cost, something reporter Anthony Crupi describes as “a far too magnanimous gesture” for the NFL.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
If Sunday Ticket just had all the drat games, it would be fine. Figure out whatever revenue sharing deal you need with the other broadcasters and make it happen.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

rjmccall posted:

If Sunday Ticket just had all the drat games, it would be fine. Figure out whatever revenue sharing deal you need with the other broadcasters and make it happen.

yea this has always been the biggest issue. the dumbass in market/local market poo poo has got to die

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

apple dropped out of the sunday ticket bidding so now its down to google/youtube vs amazon

https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/17/23513966/apple-nfl-sunday-ticket-negotiations-exit

i do love that some of the reasons are apple correctly pointing out how loving stupidly limited the sunday ticket package is and also they wanted to do some bundling that the nfl hated

The NFL isn't going to do anything to make their offerings less lovely because fans are still paying for it. I actually would root for Amazon in this situation because they have done a really good job with their TNF offering and I would be fine with them applying that model to more games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why can't you just pay $200 a year or something just to watch whatever team you want? seems win/win for everyone

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Prime TNF coverage is so good it’s kind of insane. They do a fantastic job with it. I was hoping for Apple to scoop up some NFL action but if not then I hope it’s Amazon.

indigi posted:

:yeah:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

a neat cape posted:

Those are also bad.

It's bad football.

yeah but as long as it isn't playoffs it's a nice change of pace and can lead to really fun games

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:lol: Colts :lol:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Biggest comeback in NFL history.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Waltzing Along posted:

Why can't you just pay $200 a year or something just to watch whatever team you want? seems win/win for everyone

You kinda can, but it takes Gamepass and a VPN

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matt Ryan has to retire after that, right?

RIGHT?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

You can take the QB out of Atlanta, but you can't take the Atlanta out of the QB

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

matt ryan gets a shitload of money next year and the only way they can stop it is to cut him and still take on basically that same amount of cap hit, as a matter of principle

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Matt Ryan made a lot of money and will have a great life all things considered. But he will not have good memories from playing football. The football gods truly have become angry.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

You can except it’s $300 per year and it’s Sunday Ticket streaming.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Waltzing Along posted:

49ers about to move into the #2 seed.

Not fuckin' yet, baby! You'll have to pull our corpse out of that seat to get it.

Because the heart attacks will have killed us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hopefully this will effect the front office's opinion about paying Lamar