Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kale
May 14, 2010

Its admittedly kind of funny how quickly Elon the perrenial jokester has been replaced by Elon the whiny vindictive bitch that looks for random Mini pages on Wikipedia to tweet about how rear end mad he is over. Hopefully people make tons now just to annoy the wretched fucker. And no he cant buy wikipedia cause its not for sale like his fanboys seem to think. You love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

confused posted:

Musk will be ousted if the stock falls much more. The writing is on the wall. Tesla favorability is now underwater and with Musk doubling and trippling down on his Twitter antics, no reason to think it will change trajetory. The vast majority of Tesla customers are affluent people who believe climate change is real. Exactly the people Musk is pissing off the most with his behavior at Twitter. It's not like there are going to suddendly be a ton of right wingers who are going to start buying Teslas because they like what he's doing at Twitter beacuse, in general, they believe that climate change isn't real.

He'll probably be fine staying as CEO of SpaceX since its sales is much more about their capabilities than marketing and don't have as much direct competition like Tesla does these days.

I don't think you realize how unwilling people are to do anything that may even remotely be considered sacrifice. Changing social media platforms, buying a different car, not eating a chicken sandwich from a certain restaurant, not playing a videogame. Whatever it is no matter how small is just too much to ask.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ratjaculation posted:

i checked and only one of those accounts paid for the blue tick

If you think about it, in a way, two of them did.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Offler posted:

I'm going to go ahead and assume that almost all of these new intricate rules for who the algorithm should favor will only ever get shoddily implemented, if at all. As long as Elon is tweeting, he will keep throwing out new rules and adjustments that he expects to se people working on pronto. And surely everyone who still works at Twitter now knows that if your choice is between finishing your work on Elon's idea from three weeks ago or making sure you look very busy working on his latest idea you'll chose the second option as long as you value your job.

I once worked for a loving lunatic boss who would call us developers in the middle of our work and say "Stop what you're doing, we need this new feature I've just thought up. It's absolutely critical and you need to start on it immediately." And then do the same again when we were halfway through that.

It was an utter shitshow and went bust.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Musk's liabilities with respect to Twitter is already fully realized to the extent that if he doesn't want to spend another penny, he can let it sink and he can walk away none the poorer. He sold Tesla shares but we don't know precisely why; they could be to fund more Twitter shenanigans, or could be to pay taxes, or to get the biggest rail of coke in time for New Year's. So all the speculation that he's willing to throw more billions of his own money at Twitter is just that, speculation.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1603787147798253568

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

This was before they started coming for him and little baby X. You see it's all fine until it happens to him.

vvv And right on cue the puppetmaster defense vvv

koshmar fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 17, 2022

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604239880153767936

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I deleted Twitter and my account a while ago but I gotta say I kinda miss Eve 6 guy.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

kw0134 posted:

Musk's liabilities with respect to Twitter is already fully realized to the extent that if he doesn't want to spend another penny, he can let it sink and he can walk away none the poorer. He sold Tesla shares but we don't know precisely why; they could be to fund more Twitter shenanigans, or could be to pay taxes, or to get the biggest rail of coke in time for New Year's. So all the speculation that he's willing to throw more billions of his own money at Twitter is just that, speculation.

You think Elon paying taxes is a possibility?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 18, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Murdstone posted:

I deleted Twitter and my account a while ago but I gotta say I kinda miss Eve 6 guy.

I never thought I'd think the guy from Eve6 was cool but here we are

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

MrQwerty posted:

I never thought I'd think the guy from Eve6 was cool but here we are

For years, eve6 guy has been one of the few consistently good Twitter posters.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/az_rww/status/1604008769397981185
https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1603873365441273873
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1604173704690569218

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Man, who knew the first amendment would be such a gigantic mistake? Sure it's great to have freedoms and be able to assemble and all that, but no one ever considered that it would render society itself powerless to make Elon musk shut the gently caress up. At least in China if you caused enough trouble for the party they shut you up by killing you. maybe someone can convince him to try Datura. It's a deliriant, so he'll spend two weeks walking around San Francisco, pissing himself, and getting really thirsty. importantly, his eyes will also be too dilated to read his tiny phone screen, and he will be unable to read or tweet.

Nah, he's providing a valuable societal lesson right now - he's currently a sitting, tweeting one-man counter argument to the entire idea that billionaires must be geniuses who have been justly rewarded in the market for their brilliance. As a sideshow he also frequently reminds us that billionaires are also pretty drat far from the benevolent job creators who selflessly donates most of their wealth to charity we see in movies.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

i'm the puppetmaster btw, dance puppets dance

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Duck and Cover posted:

You think paying taxes is a possibility?
Hell, he's already incurred a massive tax liability with this sale. He will incur a tax bill if he exercises his options, which he receives as part of his compensation. He avoids more taxes than he would otherwise have to pay, but only because he leaves it in stock and otherwise doesn't cash out. The moment he does, as he did earlier this year and a few days ago, is straight-up taxable, period.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

heh, everyone's calling me a shameless hypocritical sack of poo poo, just like i planned

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

kw0134 posted:

Hell, he's already incurred a massive tax liability with this sale. He will incur a tax bill if he exercises his options, which he receives as part of his compensation. He avoids more taxes than he would otherwise have to pay, but only because he leaves it in stock and otherwise doesn't cash out. The moment he does, as he did earlier this year and a few days ago, is straight-up taxable, period.

I had really exceptionally high taxes one year because of stocks being cashed out. It was very sad. I feel Elon's pain. ELON I UNDERSTAND YOUUUU!!111!!!1!111. Wait no I'm not a transphobic rear end in a top hat who spent billions so that they could be the center of attention. I mean I've been banned a whole bunch but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been enough to be even 1 billion.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 18, 2022

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

ben shapino posted:

heh, everyone's calling me a shameless hypocritical sack of poo poo, just like i planned

making GBS threads my pants live on television to own the libs

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

...! posted:

For years, eve6 guy has been one of the few consistently good Twitter posters.

yeah it's pretty loving wild

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Duck and Cover posted:

I had really exceptionally high taxes one year because of stocks being cashed out. It was very sad. I feel Elon's pain. ELON I UNDERSTAND YOUUUU!!111!!!1!111. Wait no I'm not a transphobic rear end in a top hat who spent billions so that they could be the center of attention. I mean I've been banned a whole bunch but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been enough to be even 1 billion.

Thank you for contributing to society. Plz teech Mr Must how to do this thanks in advance (TiA)

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

There it fuckin is. What comes after puppet master? Back to the double/triple/nth downing and start the loop again?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Mindless posted:

There it fuckin is. What comes after puppet master? Back to the double/triple/nth downing and start the loop again?

I think we're due for him to start slowly turning into a corncob then the loop resets.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Mindless posted:

More puppet master.

"I wanted twitter to fail."

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I scrolled through his feed (and feel free to double check me on this) and Elon has tweeted at least once, sometimes several times, per hour for the last 24 hours.

He's gotta be on some kind of drug. Nobody is this online naturally.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

E the Shaggy posted:

I wonder how much Musk is wiling to lose before he says gently caress it and tries to sell Twitter. Do you think he's willing to lose his entire fortune to own the libz?
He's already trying to sell it (at the overpriced amount he bought it for)
https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/elon-musks-team-seeks-new-investors-for-twitter-report/

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

how is he this terminally online and he doesn't know invoking the puppetmaster defense is a shameful, tired, cliched self-own?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Elon Musk has never read a book.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

how is he this terminally online and he doesn't know invoking the puppetmaster defense is a shameful, tired, cliched self-own?

His casual "this was my plan all along" makes more sense when you realize he's watched every Bond movie and identified with the villain in all of them.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
You just know he could start selling $50 stakes in twitter, for 0.000000001%, or whatever 1 billionth is, and people would buy them, valuing twitter now at $50 billion.
Galaxy brain musk.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Elon Musk has never read a book.

why would he read dead tree skin? lol use a modern format like youtube 5 hour video essays about a 5 min thing, or a black mermaid from a movie thats not even out yet.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Foxfire_ posted:

He's already trying to sell it (at the overpriced amount he bought it for)
https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/elon-musks-team-seeks-new-investors-for-twitter-report/

:roflolmao:

quote:

Ross Gerber, a Tesla investor who said he put less than $1 million in Musk’s original takeover of Twitter, confirmed that he was contacted Thursday evening about another funding round, Semafor reported.

Imagine you’re this dude, and you put in anything near $1 million on this poo poo. You’ve watched Musk completely destroy the (already bad) finances of the company in less than 60 days, and two nights ago Musk asked you for more. :rubby:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

why would he read dead tree skin? lol use a modern format like youtube 5 hour video essays about a 5 min thing, or a black mermaid from a movie thats not even out yet.

<<Elon Musk: I learned neuroscience tonight. From a 5 hours long youtube video.>>

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
about neuromancer

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Doug Sisk posted:

You just know he could start selling $50 stakes in twitter, for 0.000000001%, or whatever 1 billionth is, and people would buy them, valuing twitter now at $50 billion.
Galaxy brain musk.
That's not how that works, but it's more ingenious than any of the nonsense Musk has floated so far.

Absorbs Quickly
Jan 6, 2005

And then the ArchAngel descended from heaven.

kw0134 posted:

That's not how that works, but it's more ingenious than any of the nonsense Musk has floated so far.

That's pretty much what FTX did with the FTT token to "prove" their liquid assets. Seems like it went great!

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Literal 51 y/o man falling back on the puppetmaster defence after repeatedly embarrassing himself in public.

I dread to think where this poor billionaire would be without a fash-addled circle of sycophants to assure him that it's everyone else who is owned, not him.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I poo poo myself on purpose! lol!!

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

learnincurve posted:

Oh god no, please just no don't, all of this is wrong. It's 25 year old "information" and it's just aggressively horrible. Points for the overconfidence though.

I've worked in disability therapy, ASD specifically, for 20 years. What you are describing is an autistic person with a learning disability, not Autism. These things are two separate diagnosis which do have a high chance of happening together (as does Autism and blindness) and this is where the "high functioning" and "low functioning" myth comes in. No such thing, what they did was classify some people with autism but without the learning disability as "high functioning" or "Asperger's" depending on which doctor was doing the tests that day.

To ad to this. I was giving a "learning disability diagnosis" in the early 1990s. Then Aspergers got popular in the early to mid 2000. I see your a 2014 goon. But I assure you in the mid 2000 alot of annoying posters would self diagnosis Aspergers.

It even seemed to become popular in medical circles as well. A guy I went to highschool with took part in a homicide, and the psychologist sent to assess him said the word "aspergers" and boy did he latch on to that idea like a life line.

He still claims to be autistic to this day. I dont really have the heart to call him out on his coping mechanism and how hosed up it is.

The dude was honest charismatic popular had far better social skills than me. He just did something awful. The ring leader of the homicide watched anime and worse belts like the main character from final fantasy VII.

But if Elon has a mental disability we shouldnt make fun of him for that. Its mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/inthefade/status/1604118496647979009