Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Some Guy TT posted:

what exactly did snyder do that was so awful again i remember reading very similar hes a nightmare to work with no were not getting into details for uh legal reasons talking points that im seeing here with the cavill story but in retrospect it feels like this might have been insincere posturing given that he was replaced with a guy who had a decades long record of being a sex pest that just hadnt been made public yet

he made sick rear end action sequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The allegation itself seems like a tabloid rag interpretation of "he kept disagreeing with the writers' decisions", optimized for maximal scandal-scoop tbh

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
its already attracting all the epic anti-sjws as well lol. Disagreeing and leaving a sinking show will now become the culture war.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

what exactly did snyder do that was so awful again i remember reading very similar hes a nightmare to work with no were not getting into details for uh legal reasons talking points that im seeing here with the cavill story but in retrospect it feels like this might have been insincere posturing given that he was replaced with a guy who had a decades long record of being a sex pest that just hadnt been made public yet

He has to take at least some of the blame for his horrid fanbase imo

That's bad enough

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Combining the last page of Napoleon and Bettany chat to remind everyone to watch Master & Commander and also read the books

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

He has to take at least some of the blame for his horrid fanbase imo

That's bad enough

someone literally just got a day probe in the snyderdome complaining that superman doesn't kill people and deadshot isn't black

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
That someone also was reminding people to trust james gunn and its necessary to reboot the franchise.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gunn makes superhero movies kind of fun to watch by adding gen x music + quirky dialogue. let him cook imo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

someone literally just got a day probe in the snyderdome complaining that superman doesn't kill people and deadshot isn't black

I'm not cape-brained enough to figure out what this means but the fact that there's somehow still a snyderdome is less than ideal

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm not cape-brained enough to figure out what this means but the fact that there's somehow still a snyderdome is less than ideal

Someone was probed for posting opinions that made a group of people who treat Batfleck like Tony Montana angry.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Combining the last page of Napoleon and Bettany chat to remind everyone to watch Master & Commander and also read the books

they are god tier

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

lol @ people still trying to believe it's snyder fans who are the problem

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Snyder

that's the friend of Jake and Neytiri's kids right?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

Someone was probed for posting opinions that made a group of people who treat Batfleck like Tony Montana angry.

the guy also called jason momoa not fit to be aquaman because he was too ethnic.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't see any anti-snyder gangtags or gigantic threads devoted to making GBS threads on that director. I guess the equal-and-opposite hate campaign must be organised on a discord

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Snyder

He's the director of classics such as Dawn of the Dead, 300, Sucker Punch and Justice League (The Spider Cut).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Living the dreadlocks lifestyle while constantly trapped in an air tight face mask sounds not great

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

He's the director of classics such as Dawn of the Dead, 300, Sucker Punch and Justice League (The Spider Cut).

Lol spider cut got me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Tankbuster posted:

the guy also called jason momoa not fit to be aquaman because he was too ethnic.

Lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Snyder

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

After what happened ITT when we tried saying 300 was a neocon movie (it was) yes I'm gonna say they're *a* problem, WB's ongoing meltdown notwithstanding

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Noob Saibot posted:

You need a clean slate because these aren’t accurate depictions of the characters. Superman would never just stand there while his dad killed himself nor would he just snap the necks of his adversaries, aquaman, Randal Flag, joker and Harley Quinn don’t have loving tattoos that say damaged or whatever, Barry and Arthur have blonde hair, Lois isn’t a red head, jimmy olson shouldn’t be dead in the Middle East, Deadshot isn’t black, etc.

The bigger issue that you seem to be missing is the loving DC movies ARENT GOOD. Go watch black Adam and say with a. Straight face “aw yea this is DC, this is my poo poo”. It has the same CGI as The Mummy Returns and it’s a vanity project for Johnson. The scene with cavil has hem both smiling and nodding at each other like The Rock had Cavil walk up on stage at a WWE convention

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The poster wants the movies to be more accurate to the source material. What is the problem?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

loquacius posted:

After what happened ITT when we tried saying 300 was a neocon movie (it was) yes I'm gonna say they're *a* problem, WB's ongoing meltdown notwithstanding

neocons wish they could make something so homoerotic

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Aquaman should pull up his pants and speak in english instead of clicking like some sort of dolphin.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

its pretty funny that there's a thread in CD dedicated entirely to zack snyder

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah its a funny containment zone. God willing Gunn gets one after 2026 when his movie comes out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Doubt that will happen for a number of reasons but #1 will be because his movies will be good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think this is about the time some psycho posts movie stills and explains how Snyder plagiarizing artists better than he is is actually brilliant.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol that guy used to try to troll the succzone

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

yeah idk the thread but i definitely recognize that name as a lovely poster

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Dogville is required viewing for all Bettanheads

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Gunn's last capeshit movie made less money than that Ryan Reynolds MMO movie.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Tankbuster posted:

yeah its a funny containment zone. God willing Gunn gets one after 2026 when his movie comes out.

Gunn makes epic bacon for wet boys. he's ok at writing cut rate Whedon dialogue I suppose, not enough of a hook to inspire insane Snyder level loyalty

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

indigi posted:

Gunn makes epic bacon for wet boys. he's ok at writing cut rate Whedon dialogue I suppose, not enough of a hook to inspire insane Snyder level loyalty

oh there has been a reflexive fandom for him. Its really funny because the non chuddy guy's movie was about a bunch of US backed mercenaries overthrowing a latin american government with superhero stuff in it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he has fans but he doesn't have the "it" factor of a zack Snyder or Glenn Greenwald to inspire absolute baby bawling fits at the drop of a hat

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
need strong mujahids if you are to bully film studios into getting your movies made.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You need the mix of mythic visual language with a slightly incomprehensible screenplay to spark a light in the prodromal schizophrenic mind of a true CD goon. Gunn is fun but he's too straightforward to inspire much more than an SMG post about The Suicide Squad being a fascist reimagining of the original.

E: this is why they're pro Star Wars prequels but anti Sequel trilogy.

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Dec 18, 2022