Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
he'll carry on with advertisers such as mypillow, we buy gold, crypto, and goofy mobile phone game ads where the gameplay doesn't match what the ad is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tiny Timbs posted:

what loving scheme would fauci even be trying to perpetrate in this scenario

to give blood clots to three people?

It is apparently an extremely rare side effect in pre-metoposal women.

So of course this is proof positive every AntiVaxxer ever is right and Fauci should be tried at the Hague.

I really hope Elon isn't vaccinated, I really do.

How does this loving idiot believe every conspiracy ever created? You are rich and powerful you loving rear end in a top hat: don't you think you would know?

He's like the prime target for Nigerian Prince emails.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Armitage posted:

he'll carry on with advertisers such as mypillow, we buy gold, crypto, and goofy mobile phone game ads where the gameplay doesn't match what the ad is about.

https://twitter.com/mobilegamehell/status/1581456515008823296

honestly if Twitter only showed this account I'd be cool with it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Armitage posted:

JUST ONE loving GAME THAT ACTUALLY HAS THE PINS IN IT

JUST ONE

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Frank Frank posted:

I'm sure his remaining advertisers are going to love him going full-tilt "covid is a hoax/clot shot" bullshit. Definitely send those tweets to Apple and Amazon or whoever.

anyone still advertising with twitter simply doesn't care anymore

this isn't going to change that

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I still see below hit tweets promotions of sun lamps and vibrators so obviously those guys haven't left lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TulliusCicero posted:

It is apparently an extremely rare side effect in pre-metoposal women.

So of course this is proof positive every AntiVaxxer ever is right and Fauci should be tried at the Hague.

I really hope Elon isn't vaccinated, I really do.

How does this loving idiot believe every conspiracy ever created? You are rich and powerful you loving rear end in a top hat: don't you think you would know?

He's like the prime target for Nigerian Prince emails.

I generally assume all the antivax conservatives are totally fully vaccinated and doing it to work up the MAGA base, but in Elon's case?

Yeah, I'd totally buy he's unvaccinated. Dude has no filter anymore and thinks he's the cool kid in the classroom.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I’m sure Black Rifle Coffee can make up for Apple and Amazon.

Also Mike Pillows!

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

MJeff posted:

"So the FDA finally came out and said that Pfizer’s Covid shot causes blood clots?"

Should I even ask?

I looked around until one of these sycophants actually posted a link of substance, and it's a loving Epoch Times article, also the main tweet that started this posted a Mike Pillow ad as a reply :hmbol:

DemonTrigger fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 18, 2022

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

28 minutes ago

President Trump and Elon Musk are both strong, independent leaders. They didn’t always see eye to eye. But neither did Patton and Churchill. Both understood the needs of true Americans whether it be food supplies, entertainment (The Apprentice/Twitter), matters of national security, adherence to the Constitution and sound economic principles (balanced budgets). Everything they do is for Americans because they are true patriots and selfless. We owe then a debt we’ll never adequately repay.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

The thing being posted as "proof the FDA admitted it" was that apparently they held an open forum where anyone could speak, and noted crazy antivax rear end in a top hat Steve Kirsch showed up to spout nonsense, so now they're trying to use him as "The FDA"

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Steadiman posted:

And he’s still vastly overestimating that market segment because those people tend to lose interest the moment a new shiny thing comes along and there’s really not that many of them, no matter how loudly they claim to be the silent majority. He’s gonna have to keep adding more and more outlandish stuff he can never deliver on to keep the tiny bit of monthly income that Blue will give him. Really would be nice to have some big juicy advertisers right about now

Twitter was never the product. The people using Twitter were the product. It was never a platform that could hold a profit. This subscription service will go nowhere.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

learnincurve posted:

You are the sweetest person on this hellsite and we are not good enough for you FNLN

We spoke in DMs and I've sent him to the modern classification, the diagnosis was internationally changed in 2021 and there has been just decades of misinformation knocking about. The elephant in my room has always been "it wasn't the MMR was it?? :(" from parents.

almost everything that makes people say mean stuff, if they're not opportunist grifter/sociopaths like elon or genuine sadists like probably elon(all both kinda people are hopeless and will never change) is rooted in a lack of adequate education on the subject mixed with fear - either fear of the thing itself, or fear of social rejection from not disliking the things the in-group fears, or fear of punishment for the same (parentally, culturally, legally, or religion encouraged/enforced prejudices, all the stuff where they've been directly told 'You better hate this thing' f.ex),

people eventually hold those feelings for so long, they forget the fear is even there, and only remember the anger/resentment. it's still there though, behind everything else. that's the part that needs addressed to get anywhere

Those are the people who, if they're not too deeply entrenched in their prejudice and aren't active in a "we hate this thing" community, are absolutely worth engaging with and finding out what's got them freaked out or upset. it's harder for politically-adjacent things nowadays but for anything else, it's basically always the best approach as long as someone will consider what you have to say.

nothing calms anxiety more than not having the thing you're worrying about be an unknown anymore and most people bein' jerks genuinely don't want to be jerks, they're misguided and feel like they're protecting something important to them and don't understand the thing they feel threatened by isn't a threat

fear is a very misrecognized emotion, it's generally treated like people who are afraid of something are hiding behind trees and running for the hills or cowering and keeping their heads down, and if they're not, they're not afraid, and it's not that at all

it's perceiving a threat. fear can be mad dangerous, and it doesn't have to be a real threat at all, just real fear. that fear goes unrecognized because the people holding it want to protect against, fight, or attack the thing they're afraid of, and everyone else just sees the anger and hostility and so it basically never gets addressed, which hurts everyone involved, and that makes me sad

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604264310431272964

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just find a sycophantic tweet and parrot it back to them, making it your new bedrock belief. That's how you Elon

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
YoY Tesla is down by over 43% - more than any other major car manufacturer including Chevy, Ford, Honda, Toyota and Nissan (closest at -37%).

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Data Graham posted:

Just find a sycophantic tweet and parrot it back to them, making it your new bedrock belief. That's how you Elon

I Elon by neglecting my kids and accusing those who question me of being pedos, but I guess that works too

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ugh he's even adopted the Trump grammar,

just ugh

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Automatic Slim posted:

Twitter was never the product. The people using Twitter were the product. It was never a platform that could hold a profit. This subscription service will go nowhere.

I think they know this. The whole thing has some purely political angle.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/gideonheilpern2...ingawful.com%2F

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Spreadr

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Lol

Automatic Slim posted:

Oh yeah. It sums up his fundamental misunderstanding of what Twitter actually and why social media appeals to people in the first place. He thinks the platform is the product and it’s informing every choice he’s made which is completely untenable in the long run. he’ll end up the most popular boy in an empty playground and If a lib gets owned and nobody is around to retweet it, is the lib even truly owned?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I remember during the vaccine hysteria a tweet that said that unvaccinated sperm be as valuable as gold in a few years.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Coffn

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It works on multiple levels!

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Harald posted:

ugh he's even adopted the Trump grammar,

just ugh

It’s worse to be honest. He’s trying to fill in the Trump void but also trying to be as blaise as possible. Only that he comes across like one of those early 2000s forum warriors who always wants to get the last word in an argument.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

:drat:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Honestly, this is all pretty funny and exactly what would happen if you gave some notorious SA badposter unilateral control over the forums so that they could live out their "punish my posting enemies" fantasies. Seraph or maybe that guy who used to spam his youtube channel here all day long.

(turn on your monitor etc)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Unvaxxed dating is win-win because both partners will eventually kill each other with the common cold

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They tried to warn us, but we wouldn't listen!

the best thing about that was being forced to pay money to not be listed

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Automatic Slim posted:

It ended up that Twitter was the product. But it was sold just once, to a guy who paid 44 billion.

Very profitable though!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Only what the market will bear. That’s capitalism baby!

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Nurgl

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

kazil posted:

if I had to bet who was losing power first, elon or fauci, I think I'd have a safe bet

lmao if your answer to this is anything but "fauci", this is america we don't let billionaires become not-billionaires

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I am terminally online but somehow there is something new from Elon every time I look

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This is already a dating app, it's for people who are into gaping

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

QuarkJets posted:

lmao if your answer to this is anything but "fauci", this is america we don't let billionaires become not-billionaires

Elon is REALLY trying though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1604337738202976256

Banning a reporter who covers online culture who's been very critical of Musk. Seems like he's finally dropping the pretence.