Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

Amazing game. I have to give the Dolphins a lot of respect they gave the Bills the business as they say.
Absolutely. It's not going to be easy to win the AFC East going forward.

But that's just all the more reason to take pride in winning it! :thurman:

I mean....I who actually thinks the Bears or Patriots will beat us, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Lets say you're going into potentially your last drive of the game with snow coming down trying to take the lead. Both your running backs are averaging 7 yards a carry. How many run plays do you think you call on the drive? If you answered more than one, congrats, you called a better drive than McDaniel.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

Was it? I kinda think you score there with the footing what it was. The Dolphins aren't going to score a TD in that weather with 30 seconds left and no TOs

i was with you but i will say, the worst case with the dive is that you miss the FG and it goes to OT. the worst case with the TD is the phins have an opportunity tie it up and maybe win outright (if they go for 2). so the worst case scenario is better in the version where he dives

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Glad that I got to come home and see both of my Dad’s hometown teams win tonight after his funeral yesterday, even if this one was closer than was needed (and he still would have found plenty to complain about).

He got kicked out of The Rockpile way back in the day for chugging a bottle of SoCo and getting, uh, a little too rowdy, (it’s what made him swear off of alcohol) so I think he would have enjoyed seeing the snowball throwing.

Also, gently caress Hill forever and ever, amen.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 18, 2022

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
You had a good game against the #1 seed on the road in December, but it's hard to call it much of a moral victory when you poo poo the bed like that on your last offensive and defensive drive. You really should have won that one.

I don't wanna see Josh Boyer anywhere near this team next year.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Work posting to say I never doubted for a second!

Honest!

Go Bills!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tarbrush posted:

However fraudulent the Dolphins are, the Vikings have taken fraudulence to a new level

In the end the universe knew it had to give it back to Miami (it'll go back to Minnesota in the NFC Championship collapse)

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Sure it’s been said here several times already. But Fins fans, your team put up a hell of a fight tonight. Game had me so uncomfortable at points. Knox had… 2 bad drops?

W and on to Chicago next week.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1604331311665135617?s=20&t=gal1ZY1axX0l3jx_R2aoqg

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/ByMHarrington/status/1604342357230358528?s=20&t=gal1ZY1axX0l3jx_R2aoqg

Unreal feeling to like both teams simultaneously

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Unreal that both teams were simultaneous holes full of burning tires about five years ago compared to how exceptional they're doing now. Though honestly I'm far more surprised at the turnaround on the Sabres than I am on the Bills, they seemed WAY more rudderless and in the poo poo way more recently.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I took a civil service exam yesterday and there was a guy in the room wearing a Bills hat, Bills jersey and Bills Zubaz pants

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I want the Jets and Pats to lose obviously but it'd be kind of funny to have a three way tie for second place in the division.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not that I believe the Titans can win today but pretty sure a Chargers loss and Jets win puts them back to controlling their own.

Super huge games today.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If Quinnen can’t play I’m legit worried about their ability to play base defense and generate a pass rush.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Go Raiders and Lions and whoever the Chargers are playing!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jesus Christ this sounds bad

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1604493840026566658?s=46&t=JuUcJQtfQCfx3mFjavy7Dg

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah that’s bad. Coaches who believe in their QB don’t say things like that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He'd be pretty foolish to believe in Zach Wilson still.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Can a player be ejected for punching their own player? Asking for Elijah Moore’s sake

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He'd be pretty foolish to believe in Zach Wilson still.

Well he clearly doesn't, lol. Still, it's pretty crazy for a coach to say to a beat writer "yeah, he still sucks, but we'll see what happens" about a starting QB.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The QB struggling with yips that just spent the last three weeks deactivated and watched his teammates and fan base all but throw a parade for his backup? Probably in a good headspace now to help his team down a critical stretch.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His mechanics are better! By that I mean he stopped going to jiffy lube. He’s still bad at throwing the ball.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Gonna be a bad day.

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1604505353055526921?s=46&t=JuUcJQtfQCfx3mFjavy7Dg

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah I’d be surprised if we won. Quinnen is that important here.

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1604507250688774146

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gg Bills. Dammit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets win this game without their QB and best defensive player it would be a minor miracle.

They also really should have started Streveler today.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 18, 2022

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Look at this poo poo. 1 guy goes down and everyone is ready to call it a day before the game has even started. Zero faith in a defensive head coach to put out a competent defense when the star player goes down, even when we have depth at the position. Do you guys believe in Saleh or not?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

Look at this poo poo. 1 guy goes down and everyone is ready to call it a day before the game has even started. Zero faith in a defensive head coach to put out a competent defense when the star player goes down, even when we have depth at the position. Do you guys believe in Saleh or not?

Are there alot of teams in the NFL that could lose their best player by far on D, another starter at safety and their QB and expect to win against a decent opponent? Also their best OL, pro bowl RB and WR2. At a certain point you just don't have the personnel.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

If the Jets win this game without their QB and best defensive player it would be a minor miracle.

They also really should have started Streveler today.

They're still the Lions. They could blow it. It wouldn't take a miracle.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Are there alot of teams in the NFL that could lose their best player by far on D, another starter at safety and their QB and expect to win against a decent opponent?

Turns out every team has injuries by week 15. Teams that are well coached adapt, teams that aren't fall out of the playoff race.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Turns out every team has injuries by week 15. Teams that are well coached adapt, teams that aren't fall out of the playoff race.

Not every team has this level of injuries. Obviously losing your QB and having to play a backup who isn't any good is a whole different animal too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Are there alot of teams in the NFL that could lose their best player by far on D, another starter at safety and their QB and expect to win against a decent opponent? Also their best OL, pro bowl RB and WR2. At a certain point you just don't have the personnel.

Pedantry incoming.

Yes for all of that except quarterback. The Jets' injury situation this late in the year isn't that remarkable, but Zach Wilson is absolutely enough to sink you.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I have the crazy belief that the Jets are less likely to win without Quinnen Williams, yes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I have the crazy belief that the Jets are less likely to win without Quinnen Williams, yes

If White was playing the Jets could win without Quinnen but they will need to score points today and it's pretty likely that Wilson can't. Their only chance is if the OL and the running game take the game over.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That’s 4 starters including QB. It’s a pretty big inactive list. Obviously not to mention the starters that are already lost for the year.

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1604514684790398981

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

They're less likely to win but even with the injuries (which every team has) it's not this foregone conclusion that the Jets will lose. Like, the Jets were still 5-2 with Wilson and the defensive personnel is still top 5 without Quinnen.

You really can't envision a scenario where the Lions and Goff on the road struggle against a borderline elite defense?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

They're less likely to win but even with the injuries (which every team has) it's not this foregone conclusion that the Jets will lose. Like, the Jets were still 5-2 with Wilson and the defensive personnel is still top 5 without Quinnen.

You really can't envision a scenario where the Lions and Goff on the road struggle against a borderline elite defense?

I don’t think every team is without their best player and their QB in the middle of a playoff push. In any case, i dont think its a foregone conclusion, I just think it’s a brutal injury situation (which happens) at a particularly critical juncture!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

I don’t think every team is without their best player and their QB in the middle of a playoff push. In any case, i dont think its a foregone conclusion, I just think it’s a brutal injury situation (which happens) at a particularly critical juncture!

Yeah I guess I was pushing back more on the "minor miracle if they won" comment from mcmagic more than anything anyone else said.

I think it's still a competitive matchup is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Winning is still possible obviously. It’s just much rougher sledding.

If Allen was out with 3 other starters you’d be pessimistic as well.