Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Stux posted:

a stereotype of a salaryman done for a joke

honestly, problematic tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I doubt its anything shady but wouldn't be surprised if she's been to Area 0 before and will be involved in whatever DLC stuff will be happening there

Yeah I doubt she's evil, just probably has more to her the game didn't really explore in the base game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stux posted:

looking at a stereotype of a salaryman done for a joke and using it to determine ifit means the person everyone is friendly with is evil ftw.

Larry is no joke!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Stux posted:

looking at a stereotype of a salaryman done for a joke and using it to determine ifit means the person everyone is friendly with is evil ftw.

Is it, or is it that Larry is a man of the people and everyone else is self cenetered to the point of blindness. Didn't see any of those other gym trainers in the Elite Four now did you. After all, he's the only one of the gym leaders whose day job it is to work for the League, everyone else does it on their lunch breaks.

Joking aside, the Chairwoman mostly seems evil because she is the only one in the entire game who isn't having any fun. And the "having fun" list includes the Director of your academy, several gangs of truant children who are Going Through Some Stuff, and the psychotic robot copy of a dead dude

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

Joking aside, the Chairwoman mostly seems evil because she is the only one in the entire game who isn't having any fun. And the "having fun" list includes the Director of your academy, several gangs of truant children who are Going Through Some Stuff, and the psychotic robot copy of a dead dude

This actually is the big brain take right here. And again I'll reiterate I don't think she's evil just oddly unapproachable.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shes having fun. did we play the same game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think most weirdness regarding the champion is just that she looks weird

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah, I find her appearance a bit odd but she seemed fine? She was gracious and pleasant dealing with dumb kids. I wish she'd been a bit more involved in the main story, but it's already pretty crowded.

The gag of Hassel bursting into tears all the time genuinely tickled me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Countblanc posted:

i think most weirdness regarding the champion is just that she looks weird

didnt want to say it but its 1000% judging a book by its alien face weird hair cover. im free from such sin however

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
LOIS GRIFFIN: Geeta, stahp!

Eh I found a glimmet in a cave fork, somewhere under a river north of the mines in the eastern half.

You can't say it's impossible to have one, much like you can yourself catch a paradox pokemon or two before endgame.

Geeta is meant to be really intense in conversation and direct with what she needs. One weird trick (in Japan and elsewhere)!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geeta's deal is that she looks like a proper and professional chairwoman but actually she's kinda similar to Nemona in that she's pretty intense and perhaps a bit too into the job. You don't really get to see a whole lot of it (aside from some anecdotes from the E4 and Gym Leaders, and her strongarming Penny into working for the league) so i'm not sure it fully lands but whatever. It's not that big a deal and I think she's ok.

People just still be disappointed that Leon wasn't doping up his Charizard or whatever so they're pushing for the new champion to be secretly evil instead.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I saw Glimmet a bunch of times all over the map when I played. The caves were lousy with them especially. Not even as a stalactite thing. They were just in groups on the ground everywhere. :shrug:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Has this already been noticed? Whenever I got to the auctions ingame, I always get three auctions, and there's a fourth booth that's empty. I always thought that was weird, since there's four food-selling vendors around them. Last night I discovered that when the map loads, there is a fourth auction NPC, but after a moment they despawn. Normally, you wouldn't be able to see this, since the whole town would load together, and the view of the auctions would be blocked by the roof and walls as you enter the city. However, I was standing in the auction area while I did raids, so I was able to see the load.

I even had one time when the NPC reappeared, but they were insubstantial: My character couldn't talk to them, passed right through them, and they had no 'auction' word balloon.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Well I've finally done it. I caught a competitively viable shiny Scream Tail in a love ball. I think I'm going to take a break from shiny hunting for a while after this because holy poo poo even with the shiny charm and sparkling power 3 finding one is a massive struggle. On the flip side I caught a spare so if anybody wants her she's up for grabs. First come first serve just shoot me off a PM.

Thanks!

Bobulus posted:

Has this already been noticed? Whenever I got to the auctions ingame, I always get three auctions, and there's a fourth booth that's empty. I always thought that was weird, since there's four food-selling vendors around them. Last night I discovered that when the map loads, there is a fourth auction NPC, but after a moment they despawn. Normally, you wouldn't be able to see this, since the whole town would load together, and the view of the auctions would be blocked by the roof and walls as you enter the city. However, I was standing in the auction area while I did raids, so I was able to see the load.

I even had one time when the NPC reappeared, but they were insubstantial: My character couldn't talk to them, passed right through them, and they had no 'auction' word balloon.

That NPC sells transformation items, like for Rotom or for Arceus. They only spawn in when you have one of those mons in your boxes.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Evil or not, I can buy that there's something about Geeta that's gonna be explored further in the DLC. Between 4/6 of her team being mons that are found in Area Zero and the game drawing attention to her Glimmora, her seemingly not very invested in her losses against the player, and not being able to rematch the E4 + Champion, it just gives off the vibes that her story's not done yet.

My pet theory is that we're gonna get a rematch with her in the DLC with her 'real' team with Glimmora as the actual lead, naturally and only after that we're gonna get the E4 rematch.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

CuddleCryptid posted:

Shes a school board director, of course shes pure evil

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Evil or not, I can buy that there's something about Geeta that's gonna be explored further in the DLC. Between 4/6 of her team being mons that are found in Area Zero and the game drawing attention to her Glimmora, her seemingly not very invested in her losses against the player, and not being able to rematch the E4 + Champion, it just gives off the vibes that her story's not done yet.

My pet theory is that we're gonna get a rematch with her in the DLC with her 'real' team with Glimmora as the actual lead, naturally and only after that we're gonna get the E4 rematch.

I mean you can rematch her

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Araxxor posted:

Thanks!

That NPC sells transformation items, like for Rotom or for Arceus. They only spawn in when you have one of those mons in your boxes.

I hear you sometimes even need them in your party for the vendor to spawn? Normally they're legendaries, like the genies or Giratina and so forth. My 4th auction guy disappeared after I got the rotom catalog and hasn't come back, either :<

heck, I should set up a shop,...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean you can rematch her

I mean sure, but not as part of the usual E4 gauntlet

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

I mean sure, but not as part of the usual E4 gauntlet

I really hope an improved E4 gauntlet gets added in the DLC. I'd love for these guys to have some better teams on hand.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the DLC should let you start a motorcycle gang with Arben and Penny and Nenona where you drive around on Pokémon and challenge trainers to 4v4

Araxxor posted:

Thanks!

they should sell mega stones and z crystals then wtf

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

My name is Larry. I’m 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Medali, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Paldean Pokemon League, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don’t smoke, but I occasionally drink. I’m in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning.

Dundunsparce has no weaknesses!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Wikipedia notes Larry as, "Paradox Red"???

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Rudoku posted:

Yeah you guys should Snarl more. What's it gonna do, a physical attack?

I was surprised to find out that Snarl is a staple move in Doubles, what a wild world.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

There's no way to teach Annihilape something like Swords Dance is there? It is a sweet mon but it feels silly to wait around buffing yourself for that long.

Iron Hands too damned good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

do people realize that heal cheering cures status ailments as well

like god drat stop using fake tears when the shield is up and everyone's confused, throw a cheer!!!

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Do people really not know that status moves don't work when the shield is up?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
virtually none of Tera Raids besides "attack big guy with moves" made any sense to me a month ago let alone two days ago when I took it upon myself to figure this out here online so ya, people dont know!!

also omg.. Support Grimmsnarl kicks sooooo much rear end. I have never played any kind of Support role ever and whoever said that he drags the squad kicking and screaming over the finish line was 100% correct, not even talking Charizard. amazing! I dont even know what to use my candies on now

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

blizzardvizard posted:

If you just want a universal one: Spirit Break/Chilling Water/Reflect/Light Screen, 252 HP/128 Def/128 SpD, Impish Nature, Light Clay item. Set up screens, spam offense-lowering moves, and cheer occasionally.

More optimally you can have 2 other Grimmsnarls that maxes out either Def or SpD and takes either Spirit Break + Light Screen or Chilling Water + Reflect, so you have 2 slots free for Taunt, Fake Tears, Misty Terrain, or Thunder Wave.

Then you just bring the appropriate Grimmsnarl if you know the raid mon is only going to use physical or special. But it's still a good idea to have the first "balanced" Grimmsnarl on hand since some raid mons like Hydreigon pack physical and special and will avoid using special moves if their SpA is lowered too much, for example.

quotin, eveybodyy please use this! make your own sink hair clog paladin

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

You can replace Bad Ombre the support Umbreon when you pry her from my cold, dead, frustrated at idiot pubbies hands.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

JohnCompany posted:

Do people really not know that status moves don't work when the shield is up?

Lol nope I didn't

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Found that out the hard way. Fortunately attacking moves with debuffs attached such as Spirit Break will still apply the debuff.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So I got a foreign ditto, if I wanna start breeding starters all I need is to make a party of only Starter Line/Ditto, find some food with Egg Power, and keep the game idle in picnic mode?

Also since picnics are how “egg” moves get passed on now, do I just have whatever guy has a comparable move/egg group in the team with the target?

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Also since picnics are how “egg” moves get passed on now, do I just have whatever guy has a comparable move/egg group in the team with the target?
By default, egg moves will only pass to hatched Pokemon like they always have. If you have a Pokemon holding a Mirror Herb with empty move slots, it'll learn egg moves from any other Pokemon in the party that know them, regardless of species/gender/egg group/etc.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Egg moves are also transferred instantly. You don't need to AFK. Set up the picnic then leave instantly. Bam, moves are transferred.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

1st Stage Midboss posted:

By default, egg moves will only pass to hatched Pokemon like they always have. If you have a Pokemon holding a Mirror Herb with empty move slots, it'll learn egg moves from any other Pokemon in the party that know them, regardless of species/gender/egg group/etc.

Ah, that makes sense. Is there a move deleter, or is that just a function of the Remember Moves option I missed?

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Is there a move deleter, or is that just a function of the Remember Moves option I missed?

You can forget moves from the Pokemon screen, it's in the same menu as remembering moves and learning from a TM.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Re: animechat, I love that in the anime people have to take Ash seriously because he keeps winning contests despite being an absolute weirdo. You have very serious trainers sitting in the stands going "ah, yes, the *sigh* ultra ten million super thunderbolt attack"

For the game, can someone confirm if it's possible to get multiple Malicious Armors, or is it a one time trade?

VVV Thanks, I don't need to stress about my charcadet then

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 18, 2022

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

For the game, can someone confirm if it's possible to get multiple Malicious Armors, or is it a one time trade?
You can get multiple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I've been really enjoying using a Gardevoir mixed support/offense build for this set of Charizard raids. 252 HP/SPA, Moonblast / Light Screen / Mystical Fire / Calm Mind. If my allies bring three Azumarills, I can use Light Screen and just spam Mystical Fire. If they bring three Grimmsnarls, I can spam Calm Mind and then Moonblast. Not really optimal for either role, but since it can play both it lets me just play braindead during team select and handle pretty much whatever my allies do (within reason).