Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Morpheus posted:

Aka 3D Dot Game Heroes

Never had a ps3, haven't really seen it beyond a few pics a decade ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
i don't think ff9 is the best final fantasy but i find it a very cosy game. i think people have described dragon quest games in the same way, it's just a nice little comfy world to get stuck into.

or this is just my childhood talking idk

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Interesting how Nintendo used to have all of the RPGs (SNES), to having next to nine of them (N64), and now it's back to having RPGs even previously made by its competitors.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Interesting how Nintendo used to have all of the RPGs (SNES), to having next to nine of them (N64), and now it's back to having RPGs even previously made by its competitors.

nintendo has had a ton of rpgs since the ds though

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

IMO RPGs (at least in the classic style) are perfect for a portable system. They encourage a playstyle where you do a few minutes at a time here or there, and an occasional longer session but at a relaxed pace.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

IMO RPGs (at least in the classic style) are perfect for a portable system. They encourage a playstyle where you do a few minutes at a time here or there, and an occasional longer session but at a relaxed pace.

I agree with the caveat that they must let you save at will. Titles that use save points on portable systems should be illegal or something. Suspend does mostly get around that problem, but holy gently caress just let me save when I want.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It should be the law that all Yakuza games have a Switch port. I don’t care about the processor. Make it happen! :colbert:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dramicus posted:

I agree with the caveat that they must let you save at will. Titles that use save points on portable systems should be illegal or something. Suspend does mostly get around that problem, but holy gently caress just let me save when I want.
Hell, quick save states for any and all games at this point. Don't have to use them if you want extra hassle or challenge or whatever, but if you're not doing a competitive multiplayer game, you should be able to just save and come back to exactly where you were.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

How’s Crisis Core. Heard voice acting is bad. Does the j-pop Star Zack is modeled after do Japanese vocals? Can I do subs?

Any setting or anything to adjust or fuss with?

Also, 30 fps docked as well :/ I’m confused, does the switch ever have more computation power while docked? I thought it was supposed to

crisis core owns, I’ve been having a blast with the improved combat
Zack’s new voice is whatever but the rest of the cast is good.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mister Facetious posted:

If you voxelize the characters like Nintendo did with those 8-bit Mario amiibo, i think it could maybe work

stux is eternally wrong and angry, dont worry

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

MechaSeinfeld posted:

The slow start is a killer. I will keep playing because of Vivi but I really don’t like Zidane. Not my type of guy tbh.

He genuinely grows on you.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Large Testicles posted:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

He genuinely grows on you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah like a tumour lol

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah like a tumour lol

i'm pretty sure even genital warts are better than having to deal with stux

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'd be mad all the time too if I had completely reasonable and correct takes like "interpolation filters on spritework suck major rear end" and every schlub on the internet had some myopic retort about how they're taking things too seriously or whatever.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster

Physical Copy already sold out, lmao.

e: forgot to mention it's $74.99.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 18, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Bleck posted:

I'd be mad all the time too if I had completely reasonable and correct takes like "interpolation filters on spritework suck major rear end" and every schlub on the internet had some myopic retort about how they're taking things too seriously or whatever.

Yeah cause video games are totally worth getting violently angry about so much that you wish death upon people

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I like stux. I think he's hyperbolic, but they bring up good points every now and then.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm not really aware of stux but he did agree with me the other day that the bioshock and borderlands series are both great so that's a pass

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Posting about posters sucks. Report posts if you think they break the rules.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Crisis Core is a good port. Turns out I didn't really love the base game, but it's a fine enough game.

I'm sure this is a pretty common JRPG trope and I dunno why this is the game that made it an active distraction for me, but the entire plot is just characters talking past each other at nearly every instance, to the point where Zack's response to the villain's big final speech is just "I literally have no idea what you're talking about, snap out of it man"

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

why weren't the pixel remasters on switch already. i kind of thought they were.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

An Actual Princess posted:

why weren't the pixel remasters on switch already. i kind of thought they were.

I know that they came out on steam piecemeal. Maybe Nintendo has an "all or nothing" policy to releasing collections.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

How’s Crisis Core. Heard voice acting is bad. Does the j-pop Star Zack is modeled after do Japanese vocals? Can I do subs?

Any setting or anything to adjust or fuss with?

Also, 30 fps docked as well :/ I’m confused, does the switch ever have more computation power while docked? I thought it was supposed to

It uses more computational power when docked because the TV is higher resolution than the built-in screen

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Or you just don't grind, and spread your actually good characters across two teams and put the random encounter blocker on team dead weight. It's not that hard of a game.

I'm sorry but that is patently false. It's a well-written game with poor presentation.

OK smartass, if it's so well written, what's the deal with time compression?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Large Testicles posted:

Yeah cause video games are totally worth getting violently angry about so much that you wish death upon people

Large Testicles posted:

Lol at all of you cowards afraid of dying and also trying to kill the rest of humanity off with you. Humans are garbage and deserve extinction. IDK how much you love your moms and dads but they deserve to die as much as you do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:greencube:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The final fantasy remasters do have a quick save feature, the only real difference from a regular save is you only have one slot for it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

every time

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love this but not as much as i love my Nintendo Switch

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Lmao, rack 'em

B33rChiller posted:

I've had a bit of fun with red wings.

I'm disappointed no-one made a joke about this in the intervening period

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
at this rate I'm gonna have to wait for the Switch 2 to be able to play Chrono trigger

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

Lmao, rack 'em

I'm disappointed no-one made a joke about this in the intervening period
Ha, yeah, I was half expecting some kind of crude jab too.
Thanks though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

at this rate I'm gonna have to wait for the Switch 2 to be able to play Chrono trigger

you can play Chrono Trigger on the greatest handheld ever made, the PS Vita

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

He was right about Stadia :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you can play Chrono Trigger on the greatest handheld ever made, the smartphone

:newlol:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
If you like or wanted Tactics Ogre, its physical release is deep sale. (~35 bucks)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/tactics-ogre-reborn-switch Best Buy, amazon, and game stop.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Aerofallosov posted:

If you like or wanted Tactics Ogre, its physical release is deep sale. (~35 bucks)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/tactics-ogre-reborn-switch Best Buy, amazon, and game stop.

It says it arrives in February lol

Like I do want the game, but do I wanna wait 2 months for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Framboise posted:

It says it arrives in February lol

Like I do want the game, but do I wanna wait 2 months for it?

Backlogs are made for waiting.