Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The replies to this are loving mental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

More or less mental than the replies in this very thread after the initial report?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Do we know that the Qataris haven’t paid her to say that? I’m merely asking.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Shrapnig posted:

More or less mental than the replies in this very thread after the initial report?

More, it's all anti-vax stuff

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

camoseven posted:

More, it's all anti-vax stuff

This is probably my favorite mental Grant Wahl take frankly

https://twitter.com/VandomVA/status/1602180935533072385

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

This is probably my favorite mental Grant Wahl take frankly

https://twitter.com/VandomVA/status/1602180935533072385

Mine were the posts in this thread

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

The hot new conspiracy theory is that he died because of his vaccinations because something something bullshit something something they cause fissures in the aorta or something.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

The hot new conspiracy theory is that he died because of his vaccinations because something something bullshit something something they cause fissures in the aorta or something.

Pretty sure that's how they administered the vaccine to the lady in that one scene in Pulp Fiction

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

sticksy posted:

Pretty sure that's how they administered the vaccine to the lady in that one scene in Pulp Fiction
What's really disgusting is that there are people practically gloating about it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Glad I don’t use that website anymore. Maybe more people should do that.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

hadji murad posted:

Glad I don’t use that website anymore. Maybe more people should do that.
Well the problem is that practically every place you see the announcement you also see...that. Anti covid-vaxxers are loving everywhere. Obviously they're not the majority of people but they make so much goddamn noise.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
They are everywhere but recently encouraged a lot by the management. I don’t want to derail and make this about Musk.

Probably I’m a hypocrite because I posted under Lowtax for how many years…

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

one thing you have to say about lowtax is he wasn’t against taking his shots

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think somebody already made that joke

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I think somebody already made that joke

Is it a one shot deal or something?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It was about shots on target

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

That’s amazing lol

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/arti...54250_3224.html

have to translate and second half is behind a paywall, but basically:

fifa says PSG president didnt do a corruption after a "donation"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How corrupt would you have to be for FIFA to find you corrupt? Match fixing so cheap you undercut the competition?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
actually when you are corrupt, calling everyone else corrupt seems to be a surprisingly effective smokescreen

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

goatface posted:

How corrupt would you have to be for FIFA to find you corrupt? Match fixing so cheap you undercut the competition?

You just have to be corrupt in a very particular way so that you adversely affect another, more powerful corrupt fifa exec.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Bea Nanner posted:

actually when you are corrupt, calling everyone else corrupt seems to be a surprisingly effective smokescreen

Or saying to actual non-corrupt agencies that they aren't corrupt. It's like the liars and truth-tellers paradigm.......or is it?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

FIFA is basically money in American politics - when every inch of the system is corrupt where do you even begin? Take down the most hilariously corrup and you're tacitly approving everything below that level.

Wild that we're days away from the FINAL and empty seats are still a near-certainty.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wild that we're days away from the FINAL and empty seats are still a near-certainty.

Woah, slow down there pardner!

These have all been sellout crowds. The stadiums have been completely full. Not a single empty seat.

It must be a trick of the light. See, traditional Qatari thobes are white. And the majority of the seats are white. So what you’re really seeing are Qataris dressed in thobes (no women allowed), not empty seats. How silly! :eng101:

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Where’s the thread

Muchachos quiero ganar la tercera

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Please ban all the Qanon lunatics that posted after Wahl’s death, Jesus Christ

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

why settle for a similie when you can have the real thing

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1604485088481136640?s=20&t=LoJ5tPjMv5cm2Bl-XCvR-g

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

this account has been suspended

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Assassination coordinates!!! Ban this filth

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Look at that lumpy body (my monitor is on)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Lol, they are showing Macron more often than the French coach

(My family is watching this and they will not acknowledge my protest)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Finally this poo poo is over

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
My friend, this poo poo isn't over. There's going to be articles and investigations into this World Cup for years.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I gotta say, this World Cup was incredible, just a complete rollercoaster from start to finish, and the final was incredible, I have many criticisms against qatar but they really pulled off an incredible achievement for the Arab world by pulling off this event as well as they did.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
nvm

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Great football, terrible hosts

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Al-Saqr posted:

I gotta say, this World Cup was incredible, just a complete rollercoaster from start to finish, and the final was incredible, I have many criticisms against qatar but they really pulled off an incredible achievement for the Arab world by pulling off this event as well as they did.

The football has nothing to do with Qatar. We had empty stadium's in every game till the semi finals

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The football has nothing to do with Qatar. We had empty stadium's in every game till the semi finals

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The football was good in spite of the tournament being bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Al-Saqr posted:

How are Qatar responsible for the quality of the foot you cretin