Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Framboise posted:

It says it arrives in February lol

Like I do want the game, but do I wanna wait 2 months for it?

I'm sure you can find other things to play in the mean time, Fram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

mk8 is so good you guys! im just over the moon about how fuckin fabulous this game is!!!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Dry Bones is the best character

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Played a little bit of D2 Remastered last night, and my experience was sort of what I feared. The game feels a bit dated (cause it is), but nostalgia didn't really overcome any of that. Also, the controls just don't feel anywhere near as comfortable as D3 is set up. I'll give it some more time though and see if it sinks in enough to be more enjoyable. I have a couple flights coming up, so maybe it'll be a great in-flight game.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

BisterdDave posted:

Played a little bit of D2 Remastered last night, and my experience was sort of what I feared. The game feels a bit dated (cause it is), but nostalgia didn't really overcome any of that. Also, the controls just don't feel anywhere near as comfortable as D3 is set up. I'll give it some more time though and see if it sinks in enough to be more enjoyable. I have a couple flights coming up, so maybe it'll be a great in-flight game.

Getting rid of ID and Town scrolls was one of the best things D3 improved on.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
shame about literally eveyrthing else in d3

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
The part of my brain that lights up and says "I REALLY LOVE GAMBLING" says that on the Switch handheld mode, Diablo 2 is a better "ARPG" since you can come back to reality and do sick loot trades online and go back to zoning tf out in handheld mode but Diablo 3 is a significantly better video game experience as a whole and thus is more fun and ended up having more legs on it for me. Pick your poison! 🎰

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Before Vampire Survivors, D3 was the last time I played a game that hit all the right "numbers go up" activators in my brain. D2 just feels much slower.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
ya never going back

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Inkling Girl is the best character

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

mk8 is so good you guys! im just over the moon about how fuckin fabulous this game is!!!

Somehow I've had it for a year and never played online until yesterday. Haven't done that since MKDS. So much better than playing against AI opponents or crushing my daughter yet again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
d3 doesnt udnerstand loot and doesnt have teleport staffs. a big fail on their part

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Switch had a pretty decent year:

Mario Rabbids 2
Triangle Strategy
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
Pokemon Arceus
Xenoblade 3
Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3
Ninja Turtles
Kirby

Probably some more stuff I'm forgetting. Out of the games I listed here, I only got ninja turtles, but Mario Rabbids 2 and Triangle Strategy are on my to-do list.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Mario Rabbids 2
Triangle Strategy
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
Pokemon Arceus
Xenoblade 3
Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3
Ninja Turtles
Kirby

Probably some more stuff I'm forgetting. Out of the games I listed here, I only got ninja turtles, but Mario Rabbids 2 and Triangle Strategy are on my to-do list.

:yeah: this is a really good list of must have 2022 games for Switch! Of those, Xenoblade 3 was my favorite.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Framboise posted:

It says it arrives in February lol

Like I do want the game, but do I wanna wait 2 months for it?

Yeah, sorry. I hadn't seen the February thing, sorry. Good to go through backlog?

I did find a shiny voltorb!

... too bad it rolled a bit then self destructed itself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Mario Rabbids 2
Triangle Strategy
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
Pokemon Arceus
Xenoblade 3
Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3
Ninja Turtles
Kirby

No Zelda or Metroid Prime; worst year ever

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

drat fine tactical mario games but also rabbids!!! is such a monkey paw wish

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Aerofallosov posted:

Yeah, sorry. I hadn't seen the February thing, sorry. Good to go through backlog?

I did find a shiny voltorb!

... too bad it rolled a bit then self destructed itself.

I was in a weird sort of mood today and decided to try and find an authentic Sinistea. They have a little stamp on the underside. Otherwise indistinguishable from the normal ones.

I found a shiny one just now.

Still no authentic one though!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

im glad diablo 3 tells me what skills i should use by boosting their damage by 13 thousand percent so I don't have to think

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Fuligin posted:

drat fine tactical mario games but also rabbids!!! is such a monkey paw wish

might as well be called "Despicable Me Tactics: War of Illumination" but I knew that. I thought I could cope. I could not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tbh i didnt find much objectionable about the rabbids in the first game, they were kinda just silly critters

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Let Smallfry Drive The Kart

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Libluini posted:

OK smartass, if it's so well written, what's the deal with time compression?

It's... time compression? Like, you take time, and compress it, so events happen concurrently instead of sequentially? I don't understand the question; it's literally the exact thing the name implies.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Wrong, Time Compression is when you go to a palace with roman numeral/painting name puzzles and lose all your abilities for some reason, then get them back by murdering things. Also, it includes the word "then" clearly demonstrating the still-sequential and non-compressed nature of time.

(I take the point that this would in fact be the presentation of an otherwise straightforward concept, but when the concept is mathematically straightforward yet would require the game become utterly incomprehensible to actually seriously present it as described, I still blame the writing)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It just squeezes past and future events into a single point, and anyone who's been drawn to that point will experience time linearly from there. Nobody ever said it was recursive, that's an entirely different concept.

The castle has absolutely nothing to do with time compression, it's a perfectly standard future magic witch castle.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

I'm sure you can find other things to play in the mean time, Fram.

I mean, yeah. I suppose I can knock it a few spots down my list of priorities for nearly half off.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I can't trust anything you chumps say about time compression because you can't even spell it right.

KOMPRESSION. IT IS SPELLED KOMPRESSION.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Is it spelled SeeDs because it's pronounced CDs?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Electromax posted:

Nintendo Switch - "SeeDs Nuts" ~Sorceress Edea

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Don't Fux with Stux

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
they're called seeds because if you're a future villain they'll be beautiful flowers and mighty oaks by the time they confront you, from the idiom "sowing the seeds of your own destruction"

Ultimecia ends up accidentally creating SeeD in her efforts to destroy it, because when the time compression ends it unfolds into a closed time loop and she spends her final moments giving its founder the idea. I don't think the capital D is ever explained, but I'm guessing it's based on her accent, like she really enunciates her Ds?

like her wardrobe does heyo

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Ultimecia ends up accidentally creating SeeD in her efforts to destroy it, because when the time compression ends it unfolds into a closed time loop and she spends her final moments giving its founder the idea

hate it when that happens

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Electromax posted:

SeeDs nuts

E: drat it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got the Mario Kart expansion pass. it's so good. feels so wild playing new tracks on this absolute GOAT game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Re-beat Portal 2 again last night. What a quality game. I should go through it with the commentary, I really liked that in 1. It's amazing how much they got out of Portal being an effective tech demo.

Now I've dug into the new content of Into the Breach (AMAZING as always) and my copy of Super Mario 3D World (Christmas work bonus) has arrived. And I wanted to finally try out Subnautica properly and I see my chance to play some newer indies just slipping away.

Switch is good and has too many games!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And I wanted to finally try out Subnautica properly and I see my chance to play some newer indies just slipping away.

Switch is good and has too many games!

Join us.... Everything's better down where it's wetter, take it from me.

:getin:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It just squeezes past and future events into a single point, and anyone who's been drawn to that point will experience time linearly from there. Nobody ever said it was recursive, that's an entirely different concept.

The castle has absolutely nothing to do with time compression, it's a perfectly standard future magic witch castle.

No-one complains about time compression being a hard to understand concept, the problem is that it's dumb gibberish

Libluini fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Re-beat Portal 2 again last night. What a quality game. I should go through it with the commentary, I really liked that in 1. It's amazing how much they got out of Portal being an effective tech demo.

I played it again last year and it's still lightyears ahead of most stuff these days in terms of animation, voice acting, pacing etc... It's an absolutely perfect game.