Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Could be a melta bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

Could be a melta bomb

Its shaped like a krak grenade.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
My bad, I got confused and thought dandy was talking about the gunlugger's grenade for some reason

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Drakes posted:

Thanks emprah!

Guess I'll hang onto this till they iron out crafting.

Isn't this a perfect roll?

N-not that I'm jealous or anything

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love the boltgun so much with my zealot.

It's Daddy's sit-down gun

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

State Damage Modifier

Pysker: Sliding: 0.5x Dodging 0.5x, Sprinting: 1.25x
Ogryn: Sliding: 1x, Dodging: 1x, Sprinting 1x
Zealot: Sliding : 0x, Dodging: 0.5x, Sprinting 0.5x
Veteran: Sliding 0.5x, Dodging: 1x, Sprinting: 2x

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

To be sure, VT2 didnt have anything like the hidden damage modifiers right?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

get a pre-made group and do the Repair mission that involves replacing the coolant. After you finished the final objective and are heading to the Valk, don't kill any of the pox walkers spawning on your right and set up on the bridge close to the Valk. It helps to have two Ogryns for this, one with a shield, just start pushing and holding the horde there for a bit till it looks like the spawns are petering out. Press your Charge button and you should get it! Did it last night with goons to get it done.

Yeah I'm planning this eventually, at least the doing it with friends thing. We can all get the skin!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think I just had to put this down for a while until another patch or two fixes the stability problems. Darktide, you're a beautiful game and the combat is tons of fun, but you're the crashinest, disconnectinest game I've ever tried to play in my life.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sharkopath posted:

Oh hey, squad leader gets krak grenades and people already have pulled out the animation, somehow.

Is that a Vet subclass that got pulled out of the data?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

comrade corcus posted:

State Damage Modifier

Pysker: Sliding: 0.5x Dodging 0.5x, Sprinting: 1.25x
Ogryn: Sliding: 1x, Dodging: 1x, Sprinting 1x
Zealot: Sliding : 0x, Dodging: 0.5x, Sprinting 0.5x
Veteran: Sliding 0.5x, Dodging: 1x, Sprinting: 2x

this is the dumbest poo poo I've seen in

*checks notes*

at least a day or two

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

S.J. posted:

Is that a Vet subclass that got pulled out of the data?

Yeah, ogryn has gun lugger which is pretty straightforward, supression and ranged fire boosts, and zealot has way less info but shields are mentioned.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Yeah, ogryn has gun lugger which is pretty straightforward, supression and ranged fire boosts, and zealot has way less info but shields are mentioned.

Ooh, a Templar most likely. That's neat!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Legit Businessman posted:

I have a brand new 30 psyker. Any tips for builds? I really do like the idea of the force sword survivability build.

Here is what I'm rolling on my Psyker.

For feats you don't really have many choices besides toughness on quelling in tier1 and peril resist per warp charge in tier2, everything else ranges from not good to actively doesn't do anything like quell speed.

Force sword: grab whatever force sword you can with deflector if you want to block bullets, stuff like dueling saber and combat knife are still decent choices and highly mobile if you are content with just blocking normal hits like some kind of none-psyker space peasant, the shove and shove attack are both very easy to spam and stagger a lot of enemies immediately similar to a ogyn shield shove, use the basic shove often.
Dump stats for the sword are probably damage and first strike and maybe mobility, warp resist only if you don't intend to use the special action but it's rather good, it goes from costing 45 peril to use to 13 at 79%, mobility is important for living for dodge distance and movement while charging heavies in my option and otherwise you are just using the sword to make space before going back to a staff.

Voidstrike: Transfer peril is top tier and will let you just constantly chain into hordes without stopping to quell, dump stats are blast radius and charge speed with quell and warp resist just being "nice" to have high.
Purge: I don't have too much experience running it compared to void, but it's a flamethrower, it does flamethrower things, dump stat is cloud radius and probably a little quell speed, try to get high burning for 15 max stacks and high application rate.

For curio's I'm running max health and 10-12% block efficiency on everything, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if block efficiency didn't do anything for peril blocking because :fatshark: I just haven't tested to see the difference, would love if someone did though so I wasn't just relying on gut feelings of it doing "something".

Sadly can't offer any tips for actually getting these items besides watching the shop like a hawk and picking up good bases and hoping the upgrades hit the right blessing, I used a 300~ force sword for a long time because it had deflector.

In closing, being able to block bullets is fun and let's you distract gunners with a shield your veterans can shoot past.
https://i.gyazo.com/1e72b7a4f4e4da4c975b1a1c30c9760c.mp4
I really like that clip.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 18, 2022

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

S.J. posted:

Ooh, a Templar most likely. That's neat!

Crusader I'd guess. The tabletop RPG Wrath & Glory had a Crusader class that used power sword and thunder shield. Plus "Templar" might get confusing as zealots already refer to veterans by that name.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Lassitude posted:

Crusader I'd guess. The tabletop RPG Wrath & Glory had a Crusader class that used power sword and thunder shield. Plus "Templar" might get confusing as zealots already refer to veterans by that name.

Yeah, we're talking about the same thing. It showed up in the TT RPGs and it's in some Inquisitorial warbands in miniature form from a long time ago too.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
There, now Zealots can get power swords. Surely they won't want them nerfed now,

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I think the most recent patch borked something with my game. I've been playing without any cashes or DCs since launch. I've had one game out of six where I didn't CTD, and I've crashed multiple times in the social area. Really sucks now that I've found a build I like and fell into a nice groove with my zealot.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

What curios are you rocking (aside from +block)

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I think I just had to put this down for a while until another patch or two fixes the stability problems. Darktide, you're a beautiful game and the combat is tons of fun, but you're the crashinest, disconnectinest game I've ever tried to play in my life.

*Looks over at The Ascent* You need to play more games.

Also, the Stub Revolver has absolutely beautiful sights, both hip-fire and iron. I love this thing. Most other guns need sights as clear as this.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 18, 2022

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

S.J. posted:

Yeah, we're talking about the same thing. It showed up in the TT RPGs and it's in some Inquisitorial warbands in miniature form from a long time ago too.

Huh, isn't that the paid Zealot cosmetic that's in the shop right now, plus cloak? Also watch as the powersword+shield is gonna be way worse compared to the Vet's powersword :v:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

What curios are you rocking (aside from +block)

They aren't anything special outside of life/block, this is probably the better one, the others have 12% block.

I just don't have the plasteel to reroll and upgrade them over and over.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Exodee posted:

Huh, isn't that the paid Zealot cosmetic that's in the shop right now, plus cloak? Also watch as the powersword+shield is gonna be way worse compared to the Vet's powersword :v:

Yeah! And also gently caress you because now I'm worried about whether or not class cosmetics will be useable on different subclasses or different cosmetics have to be bought entirely separately :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hereseeeh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

for me i've put it down until something changes re: powerswords

idc whether it's buffs or nerfs or whatever at this point i'm just kinda done with the feeling of playing second fiddle if i'm not vet

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

God dammit my brain pronounced this.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Enjoy posted:

Iris the creepy lady

Is the dueling sword good? I haven't tried it yet.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I love the boltgun so much with my zealot.

It's Daddy's sit-down gun

I don't know, I'm finding it kind hard to pick out individual ranged enemies while aiming down sights with the boltgun. Admittedly, that might be because mine only has a Stability of 46%. I really need to find a better one.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

For those that Played VT/VT 2 - when they released new classes, did they increase character slots, or is character slots new?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kith posted:

It's beautiful

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

For those that Played VT/VT 2 - when they released new classes, did they increase character slots, or is character slots new?

You didn't make characters in VT, there were 5 and that was it, they never added any new characters to 2. The subclasses just got added to the characters and they each had 3 on release that you could swap between freely once they unlocked.

I would imagine this will be largely similar, there are 5 slots currently I think and only 4 core classes, I bet for awhile they'll only add subclasses to those classes so you won't need to make another character anyway.

Then if they ever did add another full character class, they would probably add a slot at the same time just so folks who have made 5 characters for whatever reason don't have to delete one.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Squats when!!!

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I picked the Ogryn hunter feat for Veteran and bring the Boltgun. It's fun for Bulwarks and Reapers to never get the chance to get a melee hit off on your team.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm still trying to evaluate guns properly, how do these compare? I just saw the heavy one in the store, and I think heavy is generally preferable for recon lasguns, very slightly worse overall modifiers. Headhunter is probably a better Blessing right? Although I can reroll that. Something just feels weaker about the Heavy one right now, but it's only a blue for the minute so maybe it will be better when upgraded?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

is this a good Kantrael? Melk being somewhat generous this week.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Its dece. Id replace the reload speed with something else since its already fast. Infernus idk about on a Kantrael, and I think they fixed its stacking on the Recon Las.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Get that poo poo ASAP, replace the burn stack blessing with the scaling headshot crit chance one eventually

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm still trying to evaluate guns properly, how do these compare? I just saw the heavy one in the store, and I think heavy is generally preferable for recon lasguns, very slightly worse overall modifiers. Headhunter is probably a better Blessing right? Although I can reroll that. Something just feels weaker about the Heavy one right now, but it's only a blue for the minute so maybe it will be better when upgraded?

Not comparing individual traits, but the viias big thing is that it takes two ammo per shot but has innate punch through higher than most other lasguns, which makes it really good at chewing up hordes and even sometimes getting elites that are being shielded by mobs. I generally prefer it over the ii. The Vid is the opposite spectrum without punch through but with the ludicrous firerate that gives it a very high dps without losing much accuracy. In general id say a good talent for the whole recon line is infernus if you can get it, they have a higher base crit than other lasguns. Iis just kinda in the middle, fine stats but it doesnt have the special abilities of the viia or the dps of the vid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kith posted:

Whats the range on "close range" kills?