Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I wonder if Elon is going to come online and overrule the new change to Twitter to make it seem like he is generous and not the one that put the rule in place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Watching Seth internet lawyer, argue with an actual lawyer has me 😝

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Twibbit posted:

Going to be honest, I also want one of those f150 lightnings, but until I get out of this apartment with no chargers, I am stuck with gasoline.

id love to get an electric vehicel. but i use a wheelchair van(ramp not lift) and they don't make electric vans like that yet.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Charles Ford posted:

I'd already been planning to sell my Tesla (and switch to something even more stupid, but at least made by a proper car company, like a Ford F150 Lightning or a Hummer EV) but I'm getting genuinely concerned about the price I'll be able to get for the current car used given Musk's Wild Ride.

You’ll get more today than you will tomorrow. Just lie in the advert and say you love this car, it’s the best you’vr ever known but you are expecting a new baby and you need a bigger car.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

lmao the tie a lot of people still have on this platform is that a lot of content creators they like promote their stuff on Twitter. Good job getting rid of the single thing keeping a large chunk of people on Twitter.

If "social media platforms" gets extended to include Twitch, Youtube, or any art commission sites (do people arrange commissions on Instagram?? idk) then that's gonna be the last straw for a lot of people who're hanging on solely because they can't afford to lose their Twitter audience, because if they're gonna lose it anyway then there's no point

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Charles Ford posted:

I'd already been planning to sell my Tesla (and switch to something even more stupid, but at least made by a proper car company, like a Ford F150 Lightning or a Hummer EV) but I'm getting genuinely concerned about the price I'll be able to get for the current car used given Musk's Wild Ride.

Sell it to a chud who wants a tesla to own the libs

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Charles Ford posted:

Well it's only going to get worse, so...

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Charles Ford posted:

Why not go for the Lyriq, same battery platform but not a monstrosity like the Hummer

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

https://mastodon.social/@JxckS/109536576764917403

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

learnincurve posted:

You’ll get more today than you will tomorrow. Just lie in the advert and say you love this car, it’s the best you’vr ever known but you are expecting a new baby and you need a bigger car.

this

say you're upgrading to a model x because you just love the features so much, gently caress it. get that money

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
How does this keep getting even funnier every single day? My god, Elon is a baby. Even getting one of his minority shareholders (who's one of his few friends) to turn on him is magnificent.

And he proudly posted his own "assassination coordinates" today.

His mom continually helicoptering in to tell people to stop being mean to her baby boy is the cherry on top.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Dapper_Swindler posted:

id love to get an electric vehicel. but i use a wheelchair van(ramp not lift) and they don't make electric vans like that yet.

Get something delivered from Amazon and steal their Rivian EDV.
Which exists, unlike elons delivery truck.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

learnincurve posted:

A few months ago the model 3s and ys had months long waiting lists.

As of last week the waiting lists are gone and they started offering a $4k discount if you’ll buy one and take delivery before the end of December.

A day ago they added 10,000 miles of supercharging to the deal.

I’m not saying elons killed demand, maybe they are suddenly producing way more. I don’t know I don’t follow Tesla. But it seems weird that they keep having to up the offers to get rid of the things.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

VW ID Buzz

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

As of last week the waiting lists are gone and they started offering a $4k discount if you’ll buy one and take delivery before the end of December.

I’m not saying elons killed demand, maybe they are suddenly producing way more. I don’t know I don’t follow Tesla. But it seems weird that they keep having to up the offers to get rid of the things.

Pretty soon they'll have enough idle time to be able to afford to glue the trim on

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Don't you see its the FEDS FAULT!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Glimm posted:

Why not go for the Lyriq, same battery platform but not a monstrosity like the Hummer

Alternatively, get that big dumbass hummer and yell yolo out the convertible roof non-stop

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Glimm posted:

the hummer EV is hilarious imo

totally impractical and a terrible purchase, but i love that something that absurd exists

if it's someone's dream to hurl a full quarter of a 2bdr family home atop 3/8 mile of road at over 1g averaged acceleration and eat up $800 worth of tire tread in the process, who are we to shatter that dream

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Alternatively, get that big dumbass hummer and yell yolo out the convertible roof non-stop

Ganbarre

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Elon getting off the plane in Qatar:

"So I heard there was a total ban on boos during the world cup....oh. Oh, booze. Right."

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
So, the new policy is stupid as poo poo.

But probably worth remembering that Instagram and TikTok also have tried to limit cross-promotion off their platforms. They are both hyperlink deserts because you can only have a single link on your profile, and none in your posts/comments. This is why the phrase “link in bio” became so ubiquitous and companies like Linktree popped up to make the most of that limited hyperlink real estate.

Halisnacks fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 18, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lol

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Halisnacks posted:

hyperlink desserts

nice

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

CharlestheHammer posted:

From what I’ve seen they are actually just focusing on liberals being hypocrites for carding what a private company does.

Free speech thing just never happened

Also a good chunk of them are bots too.

In a year or two we're going to have some article revealing that Elon was one of those guys who paid bot agencies to post a manufactured consensus on twitter to pump stock, stroke his ego, justify blatantly heinous bullshit, and try to get around the SEC and everyone who knew that he was probably doing that since before the buyout will shrug and wonder why it took so long to come out everyone will laugh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Wasn't it more of an issue that they just couldnt make them fast enough, hence the huge waiting lists? Now they've got production ramped its more than caught up. Of course if they've scaled based on the demand trajectory following a linear path that would be stupid as poo poo.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

kazil posted:

I wonder if Elon is going to come online and overrule the new change to Twitter to make it seem like he is generous and not the one that put the rule in place

I would not be surprised, because it seems like nothing about him can surprise me now. Right now he’s attempting to silence his antics with the World Cup…. but it’s not working. Nearly every top comment for 6 miles scrolling on each post hates him. Welp. :munch:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

he's losing the silicon valley investor dipshit demographic

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Halisnacks posted:

So, the new policy is stupid as poo poo.

But probably worth remembering that Instagram and TikTok also have tried to limit cross-promotion off their platforms. They are both hyperlink desserts because you can only have a single link on your profile, and none in your posts/comments. This is why the phrase “link in bio” became so ubiquitous and companies like Linktree popped up to make the most of that limited hyperlink real estate.

Not quite sure this is a good comparison, you're free to type links in descriptions/comments but they just don't parse to a clickable link outside of the bio. It's kinda dumb but there's no rule that you'll get banned for doing it as far as I can see.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I know I’m probably late to the party with this one, but lol, you can’t edit posts without Twitter Blue? Yeah, that’s not going to work in your favor, Elong.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

repiv posted:

he's losing the silicon valley investor dipshit demographic

lmao

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
lmfao holy poo poo I tried to set up an Instagram account because I knew some people were posting pet photos and art there. The moment I sent a verification code I was immediately suspended for reasons not explained to me and now they want me to take a selfie to complete the ban appeal process

gently caress Twitter but also gently caress Instagram/Facebook

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

serious gaylord posted:

Wasn't it more of an issue that they just couldnt make them fast enough, hence the huge waiting lists? Now they've got production ramped its more than caught up. Of course if they've scaled based on the demand trajectory following a linear path that would be stupid as poo poo.

Yeah like I said, I don’t know if their production has changed. I do expect them to start offering blowjobs when the 10,000 feee miles of fuel doesn’t work though

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This dude's twitter name, twitter handle, and Reboot icon combined gave me a boner

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So far they haven't banned existing profiles where they already have the info in it

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Steadiman posted:

Not quite sure this is a good comparison, you're free to type links in descriptions/comments but they just don't parse to a clickable link outside of the bio. It's kinda dumb but there's no rule that you'll get banned for doing it as far as I can see.

Yes, I agree.

I guess my point is that the IG/TT implementation is meant to achieve the same thing Twitter is probably going for (less outbound traffic, especially to competitors), which it probably achieves by making a user’s off-platform online presence more than a single click away. Twitter could have done something similar, with precedence, and gotten way less blowback. Instead they went draconian, ham-fisted, and in contradiction to their explicit free speech values. Another great move for Elon’s Twitter!

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

serious gaylord posted:

That's how the stock was valued. Softening demand when 50% year over year growth is baked in to the price target is a huge problem for them. They where given a tech multiple for P/E because their cars where higher margin and they sell $15,000 software packages that is almost pure profit but none of that matters if they can't sell insane volumes of cars and they have to get their cars to stop killing people and become actually autonomous either of these things not happening is going to cause the stock to be revaluated at a lower multiple regardless of revenue.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

MiracleFlare posted:

lmfao holy poo poo I tried to set up an Instagram account because I knew some people were posting pet photos and art there. The moment I sent a verification code I was immediately suspended for reasons not explained to me and now they want me to take a selfie to complete the ban appeal process

gently caress Twitter but also gently caress Instagram/Facebook

Your reputation precedes you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Halisnacks posted:

Yes, I agree.

I guess my point is that the IG/TT implementation is meant to achieve the same thing Twitter is probably going for (less outbound traffic, especially to competitors), which it probably achieves by making a user’s off-platform online presence more than a single click away. Twitter could have done something similar, with precedence, and gotten way less blowback. Instead they went draconian, ham-fisted, and in contradiction to their explicit free speech values. Another great move for Elon’s Twitter!

Yeah he really musked this up