Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fishstick posted:

Whats the range on "close range" kills?

ehhh, about that far I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's the same range as "nearby" in path of exile.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

toasterwarrior posted:

It's beautiful

A whopping four bullets to kill a Rager. :)

https://i.imgur.com/CO5VYlu.mp4

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's the same range as "nearby" in path of exile.

beat me to it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fishstick posted:

About a stones throw, or so.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Fishstick posted:

5 feet and 18 nuremburg inches

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

S.J. posted:

ehhh, about that far I guess

About thiiiiiis big

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Bout yo big

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/vgywY9Z.mp4

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I found this badboy as a blue in the regular shop and here it is fully upgraded:

The first blessing is good, the second, eh. But we'll see how rerolling that goes when that feature is live.

I'm thinking I should reroll the first perk for something else, right?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah in general I keep vs Maniacs because most of the enemies with Maniac armor have so much HP to chew through.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

I found this badboy as a blue in the regular shop and here it is fully upgraded:

The first blessing is good, the second, eh. But we'll see how rerolling that goes when that feature is live.

I'm thinking I should reroll the first perk for something else, right?

Yeah I'd re-roll vs Unarmoured until you get Carapace personally, or flak

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

S.J. posted:

That's what I was thinking! Time to get on this before they fix the infinite reroll bug.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Wouldn't get vs. carapace on a Kantrael 12, attack breakdown shows that you're always doing jack poo poo against carapace. Flak is probably a much better bet, mainly if you can get bodyshots to kill against traitor guardsmen down by at least one.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah make sure you check the actual damage it's doing in the attack breakdowns. 20% of 17 damage is fuckall.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I got 20% Unyielding after a couple of rolls, how do we like that compared to Flak?

I agree r.e. Carapace on the lasgun. And my power sword does +20 Carapace so we are covered there.

edit: 20% Flak works best for me!

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 18, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

can i say how great it is fatshark put in those attack breakdown tables, like it’s usually heavy poo poo we give them but they did nail that very well

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What should I be looking for to save for upgrades or rerolls anyway

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
I'm really starting to like the Turtolsky MkVII, I think it might almost be as good as the Eviscerator
https://i.imgur.com/ECwKNHU.mp4
Just as good if not better against hordes thanks to the extra mobility/stamina, and it fucks up Ragers (both variants) really well. Plus, I just found out that you can stunlock them with the special.
Reasons why it's probably not quite as good is that the shove attack isn't very good against hordes, which is why I got hit a couple times. But maybe I should just get into the habit of doing a regular shove into heavy instead, which gets you a cleaving sweep. More importantly though, it doesn't do jack poo poo against Crushers, so you're kinda boned if your ult is down against them. Or alternatively just rely on your teammates for those.

As far as the other variants go, I like them way less; the MkII does less damage and has awkward diagonal swings in exchange for... more speed I guess? While the IX exchanges the armor piercing heavies for wide cleaving swings, but I feel like the VII can cleave just as well if you've got the moveset down while also being able to deal with flak armor.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

S.J. posted:

You know that the las doesn't hurt carapace that much, this is horrifically bad advice. Go into the Meat Grinder and see those damage numbers for yourself, young goon.

Anti-Hero posted:

I got 20% Unyielding after a couple of rolls, how do we like that compared to Flak?

I agree r.e. Carapace on the lasgun. And my power sword does +20 Carapace so we are covered there.

edit: 20% Flak works best for me!

If you want to spend the time, +damage against Elites covers: Crusher/Bulwark/Reaper/Mauler/Gunner/Shotgunner/Rager, which are all higher HP targets that should be priority for the MK12 user. (Yes I know that the +dmg to the crusher is a bit of a nonstarter)

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 18, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Legit Businessman posted:

You know that the las doesn't hurt carapace that much, this is horrifically bad advice. Go into the Meat Grinder and see those damage numbers for yourself, young goon.

No, and that's why I said 'or flak', because they can just... check it themselves, on their own gun? What a weird loving comment.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Kokoro Wish posted:

Also, the Stub Revolver has absolutely beautiful sights, both hip-fire and iron. I love this thing. Most other guns need sights as clear as this.

The revolver is the best feeling gun in the game for me, and I loving love everything about it. I love that 90% of the time on Zealot I end up killing snipers faster than my Vets because it's so effortless once they're tagged to line up the shot and plink 'em in the head one time on Heresy.

One the patches said they did something about phantom hits from guns, right? I can't recall specifically or if I'm completely making it up in my head. Either way I know it's probably a latency issue, but I've just straight up stopped shooting at dudes who are moving because it feels like a coin flip (or worse) as to whether or not I'll actually get a hit marker even though I got the blood spurt effect with the shot.

Legit Businessman posted:

For those that Played VT/VT 2 - when they released new classes, did they increase character slots, or is character slots new?

Vaguely related to this, but: I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't play VT2 again until Sienna got her new subclass, which they said they were still doing once Darktide launched, but given how much of a shitshow this game is in nearly every possible way I may have to reevaluate that because I'm pretty sure my Fire Auntie is gonna get left behind on that one.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
The braced autoguns have definitely grown on me. Do people really like the kantrael xiis? The firing rate seems too slow for the damage you can put out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it’s the opposite dude: the fire rate penalty in no way outweighs how much more damage you do per shot

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Exodee posted:

I'm really starting to like the Turtolsky MkVII, I think it might almost be as good as the Eviscerator
Just as good if not better against hordes thanks to the extra mobility/stamina, and it fucks up Ragers (both variants) really well. Plus, I just found out that you can stunlock them with the special.
Reasons why it's probably not quite as good is that the shove attack isn't very good against hordes, which is why I got hit a couple times. But maybe I should just get into the habit of doing a regular shove into heavy instead, which gets you a cleaving sweep. More importantly though, it doesn't do jack poo poo against Crushers, so you're kinda boned if your ult is down against them. Or alternatively just rely on your teammates for those.

As far as the other variants go, I like them way less; the MkII does less damage and has awkward diagonal swings in exchange for... more speed I guess? While the IX exchanges the armor piercing heavies for wide cleaving swings, but I feel like the VII can cleave just as well if you've got the moveset down while also being able to deal with flak armor.

Honestly you take a lot of hits there, whereas the eviscerator heavy attack, push, push attack combo is effective both offensively and defensively

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

terrorist ambulance posted:

Honestly you take a lot of hits there, whereas the eviscerator heavy attack, push, push attack combo is effective both offensively and defensively
Yeah, that's why I think the Evisc is still better, especially for Damnation. But I think if I can get regular shoves into heavies into my muscle memory I think I could've avoided getting hit (except against the Rager obviously)

But you need to think more on your feet for sure, while with the Eviscerator you just do the shove-attack combo over and over.

Edit: MilkandCookiesTW makes a good case for an actual top tier weapon though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdCzOea1tj0

Exodee fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 19, 2022

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Cowcaster posted:

can i say how great it is fatshark put in those attack breakdown tables, like it’s usually heavy poo poo we give them but they did nail that very well

They really did hit it out of the park with that screen, everything I need in one place.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sab Sabbington posted:

One the patches said they did something about phantom hits from guns, right? I can't recall specifically or if I'm completely making it up in my head. Either way I know it's probably a latency issue, but I've just straight up stopped shooting at dudes who are moving because it feels like a coin flip (or worse) as to whether or not I'll actually get a hit marker even though I got the blood spurt effect with the shot.

It happens to melee too. very common to get hits that register on the client with a hit sound, blood effects and cleave reduction but the server says nah on the damage. I'm 90% sure it's an issue with the new dedicated server netcode.

https://i.imgur.com/DfWF1zI.mp4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shoot the dog you stupid assholes

It's been twenty seconds and it's the end of the game, spare one bullet from the mutant whose shield you're shooting and save me so I can save you

No? Ok

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Pugs still gotta learn that freeing someone who just got trapped is waaay faster than killing the trapper (assuming there's only 1 trapper). Also, pugs suck at keeping an eye on out for the rest of team while they go full-on minecraft on mobs.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Passburger posted:

Pugs still gotta learn that freeing someone who just got trapped is waaay faster than killing the trapper (assuming there's only 1 trapper). Also, pugs suck at keeping an eye on out for the rest of team while they go full-on minecraft on mobs.

*laughs in bolter*

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's most interesting to me about the dogs specifically is if you do a push, that's not enough to knock the dog off a person (even considering you'd still have a live dog on your hands). you've got to force the dog off with damage, and hopefully, enough damage to kill it

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

S.J. posted:

Squats when!!!

Depends. I extremely doubt we get League of Votann squats for the same reason we're not going to get skittari or marines - they are way outside the scope of a story about imperial last chancers pressed into inquisitorial service. League of Votann only nominally imperial adjacent in that they are or started as abhuman, but all the weird technology and AI and cloning stuff in the faction is just too off from whew this story is.

Imperial squats? There are still a handful around, but I would 100% expect Ratlings first, given there's a lot of voice lines that reference them. Even with subclasses there are enough things you could pull from like the Only War FFG tabletop to give them class variety.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

Depends. I extremely doubt we get League of Votann squats for the same reason we're not going to get skittari or marines - they are way outside the scope of a story about imperial last chancers pressed into inquisitorial service. League of Votann only nominally imperial adjacent in that they are or started as abhuman, but all the weird technology and AI and cloning stuff in the faction is just too off from whew this story is.

Imperial squats? There are still a handful around, but I would 100% expect Ratlings first, given there's a lot of voice lines that reference them. Even with subclasses there are enough things you could pull from like the Only War FFG tabletop to give them class variety.

I just think they'd be a fun abhuman to throw in. Ratlings would probably get put into a role that's already super close to the Sharpshooter since that's the only place they occupy in the lore atm. With Squats you could do all kinds of mining related things. But really there's a metric shitton of potential regardless of whether or not they add a 5th character type.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Passburger posted:

also, if you're fast enough, you can just shoot the net before it reaches you.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

S.J. posted:

I just think they'd be a fun abhuman to throw in. Ratlings would probably get put into a role that's already super close to the Sharpshooter since that's the only place they occupy in the lore atm. With Squats you could do all kinds of mining related things. But really there's a metric shitton of potential regardless of whether or not they add a 5th character type.

Go read the Hammer of the Emperor supplement for only war, they have write ups for extra ratling careers that aren't just sniping. You can do Ratling: Fixer as a support class that uses pistols and increases the amount of resources gained from ammo / health pickups. Ratling: pathfinder could be an ambush melee class similar to a shade with chain / power daggers.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

Go read the Hammer of the Emperor supplement for only war, they have write ups for extra ratling careers that aren't just sniping. You can do Ratling: Fixer as a support class that uses pistols and increases the amount of resources gained from ammo / health pickups. Ratling: pathfinder could be an ambush melee class similar to a shade with chain / power daggers.

I mean, I'm not gonna go spend money for that, but I'm aware there's a lot of potential there. But ratling sniper is the most generic thing they could do and would probably start with.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

For a game where you're a convict it's super weird there's no scum class.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

megane posted:

For a game where you're a convict it's super weird there's no scum class.

have you played quickplay with open mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Exodee posted:

What’s cool about the heavy swords is the special attack doesn’t slow your sprint down so it’s a good combo opener.