Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

why would you use a flavored oil making sweets? O_o

the filo might use olive oil but I’d think you’d get more from butter or a neutral oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My dog is part pitbull and she turned 9 years old today

Shes a beauty. Post more pics.

UKMT has been stuffed full of cat posts lately and they don't understand that dogs are clearly better and far lovelier.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

baklava is just greek focaccia duh

turning off replies, deleting my account

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

Shes a beauty. Post more pics.

UKMT has been stuffed full of cat posts lately and they don't understand that dogs are clearly better and far lovelier.

my cat is 19 and looks like loving poo poo and she's the life of the party even if i have 30 people over

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there a podcast about Pitbulls specifically?

I’m dying for someone, a leftist podcast would be great, to explain why the lumpen and lower working class, (as well as middle class culturally signalling affiliation with those classes?) loving love pitbulls.

they’re nice

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

dogs, cats, hell they're all great to look at

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

dogs, cats, hell they're all great to look at

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
mine had a giant mouth so you could an entire toddler head into it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

She just wants to eat babies. Why won't u feed her a baby?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why would you use a flavored oil making sweets? O_o

the filo might use olive oil but I’d think you’d get more from butter or a neutral oil

I've never heard of phyllo that didn't use olive oil but I've also never heard of using it for anything other than baklava. I'll admit that I'm not exactly in an ethnically diverse place filled with Turks and Greeks however, and that what I've been sampling might not be authentic but to my mind olive oil constituted phyllo dough is the defining characteristic of baklava

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I've only seen butter used myself but thats because most turks use sunflower oil* or butter at home. Olive oil is for export and bougie people.
*It comes in gigantic metal jerry cannisters.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the only ingredients in genuine antep baklava are flour, clarified butter, pistachios, sugar, eggs, and salt. accept no substitutes.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

post ur pit bulls

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Pit bulls are not cute

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Bipetual

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

paul_soccer12 posted:

Pit bulls are not cute

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Pit bulls are not cute

Bad attitude detected

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Pit bulls are not cute

neither are you

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So it's like 2 parallel groups then? People who fight dogs and then people who rescue them? Either believes Pit Bulls are good and loyal, and a signal of their class position and cultural affectation, and then, you know they munch some kids?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I cant support dogs races that are illegal in turkey, sorry folks with Amerikan Pitbull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasilerio, Japanese Tosa, American Staffordshire Terrier ve American Bully

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
They're good dogs, ff

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i had to take care of a dogue de bordeaux one time and it was a horrible dog, not a fan of the breed. the rest of em are fine.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

i had to take care of a dogue de bordeaux one time and it was a horrible dog, not a fan of the breed. the rest of em are fine.

Imagining an awful french dog with a cigarette in its mouth that barks like hon hon hon. Disgusting

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mawarannahr posted:

I cant support dogs races that are illegal in turkey, sorry folks with Amerikan Pitbull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasilerio, Japanese Tosa, American Staffordshire Terrier ve American Bully

how do you say ‘playtime is over’ in turkish? but not in like an armenian genocide kind of way

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

some plague rats posted:

Imagining an awful french dog with a cigarette in its mouth that barks like hon hon hon. Disgusting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

some plague rats posted:

that would have been a major improvement

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

is that the one that looks like someone melted a dogs face with a hair dryer

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

He’s not racist, he just has that dog sense and can just tell if someone is a good person or not, and sometimes those “bad people” are white so it can’t be racist.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
All dogs go to hell

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

He’s a bit of a scared pupper in unfamiliar places with unfamiliar people so it is kinda your fault for not crossing the road when you saw us coming.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

All dogs go to hell

Cause the goats need friends or they get sad

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Trabisnikof posted:

He’s not racist, he just has that dog sense and can just tell if someone is a good person or not, and sometimes those “bad people” are white so it can’t be racist.

See, here is literally just French people. It's like a Quebec working class thing, in the same way as supporting the Hells Angels. When they get jobs in Ontario, where there's a ban, they will cross the border to get Pit Bulls lmao.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the brazilian dog seems to have been bred to be racist itself, in the image of its masters

quote:

In the eighteenth century, when slavery was still legal in Brazil, the Fila Brasileiro was used to return escaped slaves to their owners.[2]

The verb "filar" in Portuguese literally means "to hold, arrest, grab".[3] So "cão de fila" (fila dog) or "cão de filar" suggests that it is a catch dog, a dog that "bites and does not loosen its grip". A similar name is also found in two Portuguese dog breeds: the Cão de Fila de São Miguel and the extinct Cão de Fila da Terceira.

The Fila Brasileiro is thought to descend from European dogs brought to Brazil during the Colonial period, with little or no influence from indigenous South American dogs from the Pre-Cabraline era.[4]

The Fila Brasileiro were bred and raised primarily on large plantations and cattle farms where they originated. In addition to cattle, jaguars, and other animals, these dogs were taught to chase down fugitive slaves.[5]

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Dec 19, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the worst thing about pitbulls is their sensitive skin. they are susceptible to all sorts of allergies.

a big reason you don't want those dogs to eat babies is because they could be have some adverse reactions to it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i adopted a dog this month
https://i.imgur.com/cffiJQX.mp4

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I had a bunny living in my backyard for a few months, they're great.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

that dog is super hosed up, might need to be put down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice dog

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

neither are you

Yes I am