Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1604698915944779777?s=20&t=yMwXTxMkizoNm1ANobm3tw

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1604701870420889600?s=20&t=yMwXTxMkizoNm1ANobm3tw

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1604702676075307009?s=20&t=yMwXTxMkizoNm1ANobm3tw

#JustAlphaShit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LEAVE BRITTNEYOL MUSKY ALONE

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

chernobyl kinsman posted:

ok you guys are gonna have to make twitter accounts we cant do this every single page lol

manipulating the url from twitter.com to nitter.net still works. personally i use a plugin called libredirect so I can right click and open the link in a new tab and not have to edit the url manually but yeah. nitter.net

Edit i should mention the default behavior of libredirect is dumb as hell and will assume you want to use it at all times. you have to actually set it up if you only want right click url -> redirect

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 19, 2022

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Ror posted:

He’s replying to Fox News migrant caravan bullshit now

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604659441517101056

The headline says 4000 and he immediately reads "millions". That's billionaire thinking right there

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Personal 9/11.

Lmao

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

:pusheen:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

ben shapino posted:

Just go to bed, everything will still be stupid in the morning

Perineal wisdom.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hambly having a spinoff meltdown is a treat ngl

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Is that good

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Twitter is the public square alright

Musk is that smelly, wild-eyed man in the public square ranting about DA JEWS and DA INVASION

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

Is that good

He's all setup for his Lowtax Speedrun Any%

https://www.speedrun.com/user/elonmusk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Poll: Am I the most handsomests mommy's little boy? The results of this pool shall be legally binding under the pain of death.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

id love to get an electric vehicel. but i use a wheelchair van(ramp not lift) and they don't make electric vans like that yet.

Mercedes does an EQV and an electric Sprinter, tho. And I'm sure conversions exist for wheelchair accessibility.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/richsignorelli/status/1604637381696552960?s=20&t=u3Zn66hdajuirWTEmkiV0Q

So this means Musk would lose the $44 billion or would he recoup some by declaring bankruptcy?

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

chernobyl kinsman posted:

yeah i want to read funny posts in the funny posts forum instead of 50% of every page being guys who are so online they need real-time updates on what's happening on twitter but apparently not online enough to make a twitter account lol

who the gently caress is scraeming "LOG ON" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never log on

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

FREE SPEECH IS AT STAKE

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1604710826312667137?s=20&t=YWC9RBAt2vNjw-fXYinnrg

ELON & TWITTER IS THE WORLD'S LAST HOPE

:munch:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

What’s truly hilarious about this is that Elon probably has already made the decision to step down after getting chewed out by his investors, so The Quartering (aka I have three gay fathers actually) is doing all this for nothing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What would a Twitter bankruptcy even look like? Liquidation?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

E the Shaggy posted:

What’s truly hilarious about this is that Elon probably has already made the decision to step down after getting chewed out by his investors, so The Quartering (aka I have three gay fathers actually) is doing all this for nothing.

Who knew the twitter wars would come down to the Quartering vs the Qatari?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Man i cannot loving wait for the Internet Historian vid on all this

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

E the Shaggy posted:

https://twitter.com/CampNightmares/status/1604708509081165824

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Screwing up his schedule of 30 Brie Larson videos a week.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

davecrazy posted:

I'm curious what it would mean to all the laid off employees who haven't been paid their severance yet.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol just noticed in the thumbnail that mrbeast who was super into musk like, a week ago, is also dunking on him

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

davecrazy posted:

If the collection agents come for my steamed hams edits I'll shoot them dead on my lawn

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
welp, that sounds like new CEO problems

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Senor Tron posted:

I'm curious what it would mean to all the laid off employees who haven't been paid their severance yet.

Exactly what you think

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

56.4 to 43.6.

Elon needs 2 million pro votes between 10PM and 4AM on a Sunday night.

His Saudi masters already told him he would be stepping down if he wanted a cash injection to keep Twitter a float long enough to "become profitable" (LOL)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shannow posted:

Man i cannot loving wait for the Internet Historian vid on all this

The eggs are Elon tweets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrsmfflJXLc

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Lol

Sweatie

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I remember I did that video long ago that had a preface that a certain industry had a really toxic environment for women, before I talked about a woman in nepotistic power. And one of the toxic environmental ques was The Quartering arguing about how some MtG woman player wasn't a real gamer or fan or some poo poo. And I remember reading quite a few comments of that video that said something to the degree of "The Quartering isn't misogynistic! You totally missed the point of that article." And at the time I thought, "Nah, that article was pretty loving stewed with gatekeeping. And I'll leave it there and hope against hope that maybe that's the last time I hear about The Quartering."

AND THE FUCKER TURNS UP AGAIN AS A ELON MUSK SIMP BECAUSE OF COURSE AAAHAHAHAH EAT poo poo YOUTUBE COMMENTERS THAT SAID GIVE HIM A CHANCE ALSO BUY A loving IDRIS

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

He's also the "I just peed down a drain in my basement live on the internet because my wife went out to dinner without me for reasons I'm not going to talk about and it made me mad and extremely drunk" guy, the "I got banned for life from anything Magic The Gathering related because I stalked and doxxed a cosplayer who made me mad because she was a woman" guy, the "I poo poo myself so bad I had to throw my pants away in the bathroom garbage can at a Wal-Mart" guy, and the "Hitler was nominated for a Nobel Prize, what have you losers done with your life?" guy :eng101:

The fact that his human skidmark is playing (the latest) Jiminy Cricket to Musk's hollow headed Pinocchio is hilarious and horrifying.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

E the Shaggy posted:

he's doing it for attention which is why he does everything

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Mr musk please protect the sanctity of twitter polls :qq:

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

E the Shaggy posted:

https://twitter.com/richsignorelli/status/1604637381696552960?s=20&t=u3Zn66hdajuirWTEmkiV0Q

So this means Musk would lose the $44 billion or would he recoup some by declaring bankruptcy?

I don't think the information to answer this is public.
He borrowed money for the acquisition, but it was a leveraged buyout which basically means Twitter holds the debt, not Elon directly. But Elon may have put up Tesla stocks as collateral for some of the loans. I'm also not sure how much he directly paid for rather than borrowing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Currently at 56.4% for gently caress Off Dickhead

To break even 6.4% is 800,000 votes

5 hours left on the poll.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kamiya gonna get shadowbanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

E the Shaggy posted:

It means Jeffrey can buy Twitter at auction for $50k