Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The magic trick to getting 4500 points is "use the multiball power." Also probably not using the ice/electric combination, because that interferes with the powerful strategy of "getting the ball stuck up top and not having to deal with the movement controls." Mind, I have no idea how this actually works for the boss mode, because beating the boss just magically gives you some amount of points, and so far it's been enough. Rather annoying to not know how many points I need to actually aim for, though.

The story would be fine, except for the bit where you're stuck waiting for animations to finish, which means you're forced to listen to paimon screaming a lot. Also the standard "idiots talking past each other" thing, which means you get twice the dialogue and half the information. But that's just genshin writing in general.

I'm still mad about the yokai, though. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Wide Paddle+Multiball(+Speed Boost) is my clutch strat, learned from so many other breakout games I've played.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
↑ yeah, I do that but usually replace speed with the second shooting one. speed boost felt awful, probably because you're not just directly moving a paddle. just regular dashing works alright for me. probably not ayaka or Mona's dash though, that tends to propel you a bit further than intended.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Eimi posted:

Ayaka not being in 3.4 is insane and also extremely frustrating. All the characters I want and like just further out. Also means that 3.5 might be a patch I want literally every single character in which will be painful. :psyduck:

Doesn't that mean you can save your primos for a full patch cycle to get them? Or do you want everyone leading to then too?

Also wow I didn't realize just how whale-baity the weapons banners were. I thought you were guaranteed to get the weapon you wanted by the 2nd 5 star/earned a free voucher or whatever, not you have a 50/50 for one of the two advertised, and then after you get a 2nd weapon which can then be any 5 star weapon, your 3rd 5 star is guaranteed to be one you wanted plus the epitomized path doesn't carry over between banners.
Considering how 'friendly' most of Genshin's gacha is it just feels like the normal sort of predatory stuff gacha gaming does.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 19, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Coolness Averted posted:

Doesn't that mean you can save your primos for a full patch cycle to get them? Or do you want everyone leading to then too?

Based off people who need reruns, it means that 3.5 could have Dehya, Ayaka, Shenhe, and Eula, and well that's the list of characters I need to get. It will suck (for my wallet)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

Yeah, Wide Paddle+Multiball(+Speed Boost) is my clutch strat, learned from so many other breakout games I've played.

nah Replicating Collider + Reflector Ward

screw losing any balls, or even using the paddle at all. The entire arena is my paddle.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

Based off people who need reruns, it means that 3.5 could have Dehya, Ayaka, Shenhe, and Eula, and well that's the list of characters I need to get. It will suck (for my wallet)
I'm not convinced that the idea of anyone "needing" a rerun enters into their process at all. I think they just put on a blindfold and throw darts at a board.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm not convinced that the idea of anyone "needing" a rerun enters into their process at all. I think they just put on a blindfold and throw darts at a board.

I mean you're not wrong. Especially since I thought Shenhe would get the nod for 3.4 over Yelan given relative timings but :shrug: But Eula and Shenhe are approaching Hu Tao tiers of needing a rerun so like them not being in a patch or two will be really hosed up. Right now it's been 20 banners since Hu Tao's last rerun, 19 since Eula's, and 17 since Shenhe's so uh...Mihoyo please

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the weird thing is there are so many Cryo characters "due" for a rerun that 3.5 could end up being Dehya + 3 Cryo 5* (Shenhe, Ayaka, Eula)

fire 'n' ice, how nice

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Huge news, the leakers have gotten their hands on all the banners for the rest of 3.x:

3.5: Dehya, Ayaka, Eula and Yoimiya
3.6: Baizhu, Shenhe, Nahida and Yoimiya
3.7: Yoimiya, Eula, Yoimiya and Shenhe
3.8: Yoimiya, Yoimiya, Itto and Yoimiya

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

Huge news, the leakers have gotten their hands on all the banners for the rest of 3.x:

needs more Xiao and Childe. They're both due for a rerun around that time.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Coolness Averted posted:

Also wow I didn't realize just how whale-baity the weapons banners were.

Yeah, they're pretty much whale-only. Once in a blue moon a good one (like the upcoming Hu Tao/Yelan) comes along where you'd benefit from both and if you got the gems and need to push harder in abyss it's not a bad call. The vast majority of the time it's just spending triple pity on effectively a single weapon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of the standard pool 5* weapons are good but then theres skyward pride

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Welkin + BP, and I only recently started dipping my toes in the weapon banner since 3.1. When you get a run of good luck, or when your small lucky hits pile up enough, you can splurge once or twice. I have every character I want and a couple I impulse pulled for, so reruns are of no real object to me.

Wanderer was so much fun to play and the gacha was so very kind to me with him, that I wanted his weapon. Waiting for Homeless + Simulacra would probably have been more "optimal", but who cares about optimal in this game? I'm not spending thousands of primogems to squeeze 300 more per month out of the abyss sometimes. That's not even two pulls! At least this way I can stack Attack Speed effects on him so he plays like a caffeinated kitten with the zoomies.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Still praying I'll ever get a Skyward Blade.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still want a wolf’s gravestone. Keep getting skyward spine.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Last few hours of misty dungeon. Goodbye, Jean :sigh:

Maybe someday, someone will make a genshin competitor good enough that hoyo finally does a standard 5 star picker for anniversary.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haypliss posted:

Still praying I'll ever get a Skyward Blade.
i have one and its just been sitting on benny for the last two years

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

drat bitch, you live like this?
-me @ the people that main burst infusion dps. The Cyno one was pretty bad, but the Itto one... yikes.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mailer posted:

Yeah, they're pretty much whale-only. Once in a blue moon a good one (like the upcoming Hu Tao/Yelan) comes along where you'd benefit from both and if you got the gems and need to push harder in abyss it's not a bad call. The vast majority of the time it's just spending triple pity on effectively a single weapon.

they would still be whalebait even if they were guaranteed to give the weapon you wanted given how unnecessary 5* weapons are for anything

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MoonCrab posted:

-me @ the people that main burst infusion dps. The Cyno one was pretty bad, but the Itto one... yikes.

Itto is fun and cool!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MoonCrab posted:

quad geo felt like suffering

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nyaawn posted:

You weren't supposed to run that trial as quad geo, you were supposed to do 3x geo and another unit to feed you off field element applications to crystalize with. It's why they gave you Layla instead of Zhongli.
What did you try running? Itto, Gorou, Albedo, Noelle?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
mono geo just feels good, it feels right

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nyaawn posted:

noelle is useless in that team, they had a pretty dumb quad geo setup with no zhongli or ning available for some reason

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they would still be whalebait even if they were guaranteed to give the weapon you wanted given how unnecessary 5* weapons are for anything

The good ones are a pretty sweet, and extremely expensive, damage boost. I only ever went in for Homa since that's usable by two characters and one of them is my single-target heavy. If I could blow 70-something rolls on a specific 5* weapon I'd probably have 2-4 more for the characters that really benefit from them but with the current odds it's such a massive investment that I'd rather pull two more solid 5* characters.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm not one to normally talk about beta nerfs. But haitham got some really nasty ones. The EM scaling on his burst was more than halved so if you were farming for an EM sands for him you may want to look into ATK instead.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I still want a wolf’s gravestone. Keep getting skyward spine.

i’m convinced wolf’s gravestone and aquila favonia don’t exist for real. there’s absolutely no reason for me to want either one of them, especially the latter, but playing since launch and not having either feels some type of way

pjws had to actually be featured on the weapon banner for me to get it too. but i sure do have an awful lot of skyward atlases…

No Wave posted:

I'm not one to normally talk about beta nerfs. But haitham got some really nasty ones. The EM scaling on his burst was more than halved so if you were farming for an EM sands for him you may want to look into ATK instead.

all the optimism from him surviving the first week turning into crying from people who want him is tragicomedy at its finest

i don’t know what it’s going to take for people to understand that there’s never going to be a t0 male dps. we go through the same song and dance almost every time a non-support male character comes out (except tighnari)

MNSNTZR fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 19, 2022

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

Not even his signature weapon was spared. Were his original numbers that broken for catalyze reactions?

Kale
May 14, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The story is kinda blah, but it does have some good scenes in it. There is, of course, 3x as much clicking as necessary. It's the Inazuma curse.

Also, the breakout ball may as well be an rng. I couldn't get the final rewards, but then I tried it again using the same strategy as the first two times and I got a score of 12,000. idgi

The version with the bosses is fun.

It's almost certain to end with us finally bonding with creepy flower eye lady right before she has to go back from whence she came because reasons as per traditional Asian bittersweet story telling tropes. It basically is what it is as a special event side story.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

questionable, not enough yoimiya reruns. there needs to be a yoimillion of them

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Space Opera posted:

Not even his signature weapon was spared. Were his original numbers that broken for catalyze reactions?
No, he legitimately wasnt op. The game's overpowered reactions are bennett vaporize and hyperbloom and he doesnt upgrade either comp. Even his superior spread multipliers theoretically werent an upgrade because he cant abuse fischl like keqing can (tho in reality he would have been a lot better for most players because he's easier to play). The signature weapon is at least kind of a sidegrade given that getting 28 hits with him is realistic. But his burst EM scaling going down by 60% with no change in atk scaling is just wild.

I guess you could argue that if they ever released dendro kazuha he would have been excessively good. He's so similar in build to tighnari now just with different field time requirements, I think they'll use literally identical artifacts.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 19, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I have literally never seen a nerf this intense in the history of genshin impact. It's like, cataclysmically awful, and it would have been unreasonable for anyone to expect anything like this. It's also completely unwarranted, seeing as how by their very nature dedicated onfield dps units are inherently bad/replacable.

I was always a bit concerned about this happening seeing as how Haith was as broken as an onfield dps unit could be (which is to say, not much lmao) but I expected it to be something like his burst being reduced in favor of his normals. Forcing him more into an onfield role, while reducing his ability to compress his damage into a smaller window. Making him more of a dendro cyno than a dendro ayaka, basically. I did NOT expect it to be, beating him severely until all his numbers dropped. I expect to see a lot of rioting lmao.

Funnily enough he's still gonna be a great unit just by virtue of being able to apply any amount of dendro, in an easy to control way. Makes me wonder how they're gonna cope with Baizhu. Maybe change his weapon, or make him not be a healer, or give him the strictest ICD in the game. Minimum no crits, to take away favonius. Dendro+Catalyst+Healer is just too much.

MNSNTZR posted:

i don’t know what it’s going to take for people to understand that there’s never going to be a t0 male dps. we go through the same song and dance almost every time a non-support male character comes out (except tighnari)

If you throw this entire take in the trash, and start your thought process from the beginning, your Genshin Power will increase. Maybe.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There's no such thing as a tier 0 dps. There's national and there's hyperbloom and everything else is worse in one way or another. Tigh Cyno and Scara (assuming C6 faru) are all very good as onfielders go, their best comps do more damage than !!!! Ayaka !!!!.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

If you throw this entire take in the trash, and start your thought process from the beginning, your Genshin Power will increase. Maybe.

look, i’m a huge male dps in genshin apologist. i’m an aggravate cyno main because i still have no idea what quickbloom even is and i find international’s rotation incredibly annoying

but there’s got to be a point where male-wanters realize that the company has shown their hand since the 1.x days. i’d love to be proven wrong one of these days, but i got a feeling that “create a problem to sell a still pretty average solution” will be here to stay with male dps units. the only benefit they have is that they’re much more fun to play than female dpses.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wgat is the point of nerfing characters that much in this single player pve game with virtually no pvp

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I agree. We should double every character's damage, then double the HP of all the enemies so that there's still some challenge.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also with literally no endgame content

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

MNSNTZR posted:

i’m convinced wolf’s gravestone and aquila favonia don’t exist for real. there’s absolutely no reason for me to want either one of them, especially the latter, but playing since launch and not having either feels some type of way

People lusting for WGS always make me feel awkward that it's my currently only 5* weapon on my 4 1/2 month-old account, and it's just sitting unleveled on Razor's level 20 rear end because I haven't wanted to use claymores since midgame.

Maybe the stars will align one day and I'll pull Eula and have a reason to care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

I agree. We should double every character's damage, then double the HP of all the enemies so that there's still some challenge.

I'm mostly confused as to why they haven't given the option to go up another world level or if/when they plan on doing that considering many early players have been at the cap for at least a year and a fair number of players have hit that Level 60 Adventure Rank too. I know I'm pretty drat close to the latter. It just seems weird to me to clearly have level up to 200 built into the game based on the beta testing version of the game yet still not have actually implemented anything like that into the commercially available game proper yet. Even just one world level increase based on the way things have scaled before and the extra 10 levels should suffice for a while for players that are literally as strong as they can get. If they don't want to increase the world level to where there's level 100-105 enemies on the map instead of just the last stage of the Abyss they don't have too, but if they do then they can and it can also incentivize the early adopter players to build Adventure Exp again. If I'm not mistaken they've already raised the adventure level cap once so.....

Based on how things scale like yeesh it'd probably take 300 or so Hero's Wit just to go up one level from 90->91. I just feel like it'd somehow keep min-maxers busy for a while.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 19, 2022