Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

Finally picked up Violet today and my Sprigatito's a girl ::sparkles: I've never had my starter be a girl before so I'm kind of stoked

Ayyyy! :hfive: My quaxly was a little lady out the gate! What'd ya name her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Flopsy posted:

Ayyyy! :hfive: My quaxly was a little lady out the gate! What'd ya name her?

Gave her the name of my boy cat, Pippin. Pip for short!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In anime news, apparently this Friday they’ll be showing a 30 minute special set in the universe of the most recent movies. Here’s the only summary I could find:

quote:

Satoshi and Pikachu continue their journey to become Pokémon Master. Satoshi has promised to meet his mother Hanako in Tonari Town, but Pikachu gets abducted by the Rocket Gang on the way, and as Satoshi searches for it, he runs into a mysterious boy named Haruto. This is the story of one of Satoshi and Pikachu's encounters on their adventure

Teaser trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=eAgA6YUoB44

The miniseries that’s supposed to finish off the current anime starts January 13th with the next proper series (which is apparently also just called “Pokémon”) starting in April

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 19, 2022

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

Gave her the name of my boy cat, Pippin. Pip for short!

Awww! :3:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I wish that raids were taken in turns rather than the current system. I just can't parse out what is even happening half the time. People go out of order? I have to wait half an hour for my turn while the other people fight back and forth? Oh, you put out a cheer to heal up everyone, but in the time it took to process that command they all died, so whoops.

I'm sure there's reasons for it but it looks like poo poo.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

koraidon is too ugly to spend so much in game time with. as a buddy you send out to battle it works but I’m not trying to chill with chicken monster

there are two kinds of people in the world: people who like koraidon and people with poor taste

Leave my good feathery lizard puppy bike alone

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The dons are the best legendaries ever probably.

They're the sweetest and I love em

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I prefer the cosmog lines but the dons are good

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Framboise posted:

there are two kinds of people in the world: people who like koraidon and people with poor taste

Leave my good feathery lizard puppy bike alone

I honestly don't get all the hate towards the Raidons. They're sweet lil' dragon doggos who just want to be loved. I like Koraidon best because I like his featheriness but Miraidon's perfectly good too.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I didn't like the Raidons when I first saw them, but seeing Koraidon in motion and having to go through the entire game with him made me love him

Gamefreak had to prioritize certain things and they decided to make Raidons move like creatures you'd form a bond with

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Speaking of shiny pawniard I just had a very strange experience. Flew to fury falls to fight some trainers there to get the earthquake TM, but as soon as i started moving I saw a group of pawniard around a bisharp, and one of them was shiny. Caught it right away and evolved it into a bisharp and then started to look for more packs to get it to evolve. Once I finish a battle with one I notice a shiny spidops in the background, which I also went to immediately catch.

These are the first shinies I've seen out in the wild in this game.

Nice! I’ve been after a shiny Kingambit and Grimmsnarl for a few days now, to the point I’m knocking the gyms out to make finding them easy

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I didn't like the Raidons when I first saw them, but seeing Koraidon in motion and having to go through the entire game with him made me love him

Gamefreak had to prioritize certain things and they decided to make Raidons move like creatures you'd form a bond with

They have some of the best animation and motions in the entire game. Compared to the wolves in Sword and Shield their movements are extremely smooth and natural and that goes a long way to making them emotive and relatable. Like they'll shrink in on themselves when sad, wriggle with delight or even flare out their feathers/electricity and roar when angry. For all the technical failings I think they went above and beyond with the legendaries this time around. My favorite part was when we make it to the Zero lab and it's confronted with it's aggressive counterpart it backs down and lowers itself to the floor while averting it eyes like a real wild animal. It's made obvious prolonged eye contact is making it very uncomfortable and it's trying it's hardest to make a submission display to avert being ripped into again.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 19, 2022

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I've had an easier time trading for version exclusive paradox Pokemon than loving stunky

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
"The treasures could only be freed by someone pure of heart." Hands out Nasty Plot TM as a reward. "I'll offer to take the treasures off your hands if they're too much for you."

I think the history teacher might be evil.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Araxxor posted:

"The treasures could only be freed by someone pure of heart." Hands out Nasty Plot TM as a reward. "I'll offer to take the treasures off your hands if they're too much for you."

I think the history teacher might be evil.

Yeah she definitely is, but she's not currently doing anything wicked and the relics are now safely in my pc box so I'm not that worried about it.

If she was a villain in the DLC though I really wouldn't be too surprised.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

big black turnout posted:

I've had an easier time trading for version exclusive paradox Pokemon than loving stunky

i keep meaning to go catch three more, one for my boxes and 2 to trade for violet version exclusives lol

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah she definitely is, but she's not currently doing anything wicked and the relics are now safely in my pc box so I'm not that worried about it.

If she was a villain in the DLC though I really wouldn't be too surprised.

As I mentioned before it's kind of delightful that she thinks she's being real slick tricking this preteen into fulfilling her whims for her. When the reality is I'm the one playing her so I get some sick new friends to have picnic adventures with. You wanna examine my new saber-toothed snow kitty? Sure no problem--can you have them? lol no.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What I want to know is how those stakes went hundreds of years without being pulled out of the ground by some other pure-hearted moron

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

RatHat posted:

It’s very likely it will have Gunk shot

Bring back the garbage can and make use of cinderace's kick animation, dammit :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I wish that raids were taken in turns rather than the current system. I just can't parse out what is even happening half the time. People go out of order? I have to wait half an hour for my turn while the other people fight back and forth? Oh, you put out a cheer to heal up everyone, but in the time it took to process that command they all died, so whoops.

I'm sure there's reasons for it but it looks like poo poo.

Sword/Shield raiding was better than the bullshit we have now.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

What I want to know is how those stakes went hundreds of years without being pulled out of the ground by some other pure-hearted moron

There may have been more at one point honestly. Things are bloody everywhere.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Saagonsa posted:

I prefer the cosmog lines but the dons are good

yeah they're easily second best

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

big black turnout posted:

Shout-out to the golux on discord for getting me one of these so I could complete my dex. First time I've ever completed a dex

e: it's weird that the battled count in the Pokedex is just straight wrong. I have battled significantly less than 400

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 19, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Smug rear end in a top hat cat turns into a magician with a yo-yo XD

This is so much better than sword and shield jeez

Edit: I named her Jinx

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I skipped Sw/Sw but gotta be honest, these are some real winners and I actually really like Rillaboom/Intellion

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Notty posted:

Violet is just a lot more popular than Scarlet, I think is the issue.

Orange striped pants are an eyesore and a cyborg dragon bike is much more impressive than a lizard scraping its throat everywhere.

precision posted:

Smug rear end in a top hat cat turns into a magician with a yo-yo XD

This is so much better than sword and shield jeez

Edit: I named her Jinx

I do love how Floragato is just so obviously a shonen protagonist in its teen stage. Much like how Crocalor looks so much like a cereal mascot it is one in-universe.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 19, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Geostomp posted:

I do love how Floragato is just so obviously a shonen protagonist in its teen stage. Much like how Crocalor looks so much like a cereal mascot it is one in-universe.

It's funny how often they do the "teen" middle evolution. I was reminded of the existence of Drizzile the other night with the anime and its great how you have a ten year old crying at his pokemon "please I love you, I'm here for you when you need me but I'll give you space, please just lay off the weed okay"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

wizard2 posted:

100% yeah. heres some of my favs:

1) Relaxo
2) Maushold
3) "Skulkraken"
4) Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
5) "Pikablu"

I only just realized the pun in Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tender Bender posted:

I only just realized the pun in Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon

Oh my God

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The dEIN/zwei/hDREI?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The dEIN/zwei/hDREI?

Yeah. Should really be “Deinso” but then it doesn’t sound like “Dino.”

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Deino: Hey pally! *hic*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The dEIN/zwei/hDREI?

I didn't even notice the drei and I took 3 years of German lmao

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Hydreigon is one of the only Pokémon that has more than two references to its design in its name and I think that's very neat

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 19, 2022

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's funny how often they do the "teen" middle evolution. I was reminded of the existence of Drizzile the other night with the anime and its great how you have a ten year old crying at his pokemon "please I love you, I'm here for you when you need me but I'll give you space, please just lay off the weed okay"

The best middle starter evolution is Dewott; which makes the tragedy that is quadruped Samurott even sadder.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Fun fact of the day: to breed more Galarian Meowith you must have an everstone on the Galarian Meowth. This works when breeding with dittos and other regular Meowiths.

Now I have a Perrzerker in a luxury ball :unsmith:.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The best middle starter evolution is Dewott; which makes the tragedy that is quadruped Samurott even sadder.

It's been years but I'm still mad at how they ruined my boy. Dewott is so good.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Fun fact of the day: to breed more Galarian Meowith you must have an everstone on the Galarian Meowth. This works when breeding with dittos and other regular Meowiths.

Now I have a Perrzerker in a luxury ball :unsmith:.

We're still up poo poo creek in so far as alolan raichu is concerned though. I'd like to try for shiny there but it's not happening any time soon.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

alolan raichu having a :) face rather than a :3 face is so scuffed

what happened to your philtrum my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

alolan raichu having a :) face rather than a :3 face is so scuffed

what happened to your philtrum my man

Alolan pancakes change a 'mon