Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mike Nelson had a problematic connection to wifebeater Richard Kyanka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
kevin murphy, bill corbett and joel hodgson each gave me a dollar so i could buy lunch at a convention in Denver when i was nine, and earned my gratitude forevermore

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sash! posted:

Apparently James Urbaniak has an upcoming role as Himmler. Yes, that Himmler. Although is there any other Himmler?

Him, Lrrr? Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Wasn’t Urbaniak runner up to be Dwight on the office, then brought back as his weird friend in a few episodes?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He was also the “antagonist” in the game “The Magic Circle”, a word game where you play a bunch of unfinished games by a game developer who struck it big early, and failed to deliver on any kind of follow up project. It includes a long monologue from him near the end of the game, and a bunch of commentary tracks in his unfinished games.

https://youtu.be/DSyxslrQIBs

IUG fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 17, 2022

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
If it is a comedy role they might be making a gallows comedy about the Nazi's early days and their clown shoes comedy Beer Hall antics in Bavaria.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Urbaniak is on cameo for a stupidly low price ($35): https://www.cameo.com/jamesurbaniak

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

IUG posted:

He was also the “antagonist” in the game “The Magic Circle”, a word game where you play a bunch of unfinished games by a game developer who struck it big early, and failed to deliver on any kind of follow up project. It includes a long monologue from him near the end of the game, and a bunch of commentary tracks in his unfinished games.

I heard about that one, it sounds like basically Rusty as a game developer. The premise is apparently basically trying to finish a game from the inside.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Magic Circle is a pretty fun game. Worth checking out. Yes, the protagonist is pretty much Rusty but a failure atwith so much unrealized potential at video games.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

mike nelson is a christian social conservative but he's not like a xenophobe insurrectionist chud so he's fine. for what it's worth, mike nelson's alt-MST3K project, rifftrax, had some pretty yikes jokes back in the day about trans folks but when these things get pointed out they're quick to go back and edit out things that are more broadly accepted as offensive now than they were considered in 2008 or whenever. no foot dragging or grandstanding about free speech, they just remove the objectionable content and that's that, which is pretty good for white midwestern boomers. also the other main rifftrax guys, kevin murphy and bill corbett, are pretty loud and left online - iirc bill is in DSA

Alot of MST3K/Rifftrax aged like room temperature milk. They went for the low hanging fruit pretty often in most episodes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've had that experience rewatching old Rifftrax rather a lot, but I can't recall MST3K ever cheaply making GBS threads on my personhood or anything, but I usually only rewatch like four episodes, so I suppose that's to be expected.

That's disappointing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

I've had that experience rewatching old Rifftrax rather a lot, but I can't recall MST3K ever cheaply making GBS threads on my personhood or anything, but I usually only rewatch like four episodes, so I suppose that's to be expected.

That's disappointing.

Joel-era MST3k especially was not afraid to make some jokes for the liberal arts majors in the audience
that is to say, they were okay with the sort of joke that'd hit for like 10% of the audience because that's one joke in a line of 10

but rifftrax I think dumbed it down, for lack of a better phrase, and in doing so opened themselves up to lower brow stuff that'd age less gracefully

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The book is being scalped for loving $500? On the one hand, utter shame new fans (lol) won't be able to get a hold of it, but on the other, nice that they sold out the entire print run.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I watched a lot of Rifftrax during their early years, they had a few bangers but they were more miss than hit a lot of the time. A couple of franchises in particular come to mind, like I enjoyed their recordings for the Spiderman and Matrix trilogies quite a lot.

There's also a Rifftrax Short that a I shared with a group of friends because it was good: More Dangerous Than Dynamite. They put this one up on Youtube I think becasue so many people heard about it and bought it already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JirQCaZ_6Xg

Watching it again, it's... fine. Maybe it just gets harder to laugh as we grow older :shrug:

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 19, 2022

sanko
Sep 11, 2001
Lies.
venture bros holiday song 2022 - peril of the bells

https://youtu.be/_ENCI2wp0GM

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

sanko posted:

weaponized Christmas carols is not a concept I had considered before but I am into it!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

This is against the treaty for sure.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sanko posted:

"This song will haunt your dreams"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

sanko posted:

I loved this

"I'm warmed by the genius of my great idea"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Perfect

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
it's.... so beautiful

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

IUG posted:

Just picked up for 6 bux (thanks steam sale). Pretty fun Myst-like

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I'm still confused what Brock had to do with anything else happening in Poker night at the inventory. Every time I think about that cross over I think I made it up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pixaal posted:

I'm still confused what Brock had to do with anything else happening in Poker night at the inventory. Every time I think about that cross over I think I made it up.

It's such a good cameo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfoaXuwIuT4

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's implied he's the descendant of Ash from Evil Dead through time travel shenanigans.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
What does that game have to do with anything besides "we got the rights to (and VAs for) these characters"?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Clearly it was one of the other Brock from House Of The Mummies Part 2.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Omnomnomnivore posted:

What does that game have to do with anything besides "we got the rights to (and VAs for) these characters"?

It's like Card Sharks, by Accolade for the Commodore 64. That's what I hoped those Poker Night games were, and I was right.

Anyway, the game is about hanging out with some cartoon video game friends of yours and playing some poker. Sometimes they say cool or funny stuff.

People like all kinds of games, tastes vary, etc.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

pixaal posted:

Poker Night 1 had Tycho from Gamer Webcomics lmao, that game had some wild pulls. Shame they're off the market due to licensing issues

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Inventory was a speakeasy where people of all franchises across media come to drink and hang out, but I think it was gonna' be more than poker if Telltale hadn't gone tits up.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I still secretly hope they manage to bring it back one day so we can get Rusty playing with (throws dart) Lee from Walking Dead and (throws dart) Alyx from Half Life.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
My ideal Poker Night 3 would have Master Shake, Kim Katsuragi, the purple tentacle from Day Of The Tentacle, and Jerma985

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mutantIke posted:

My ideal Poker Night 3 would have Master Shake, Kim Katsuragi, the purple tentacle from Day Of The Tentacle, and Jerma985

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch with the venue being Club Hell to represent VB.

Jerry Smith, Billy Butcher, K2-S0, and Willow (voiced by Warwick Davis) to round out the five so long as we're spitballing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly if they did a third game I say bring back the full casts from both of the previous games alongside another dozen or so new characters and let you mix and match, which yes would be an enormous pain in the rear end on multiple levels but it would also be really cool

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ash had a whole offscreen adventure with Doctor Orpheus, and Brock talked about how Cave Johnson and Jonas Venture used to hang out.

The whole dynamic works shockingly well. Bit of a funny contest of 'who's seen the most insane poo poo' that is tough competition, but ends up being taken by Sam and Max, because well, seriously those two have seen everything and then some.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
A third game would be great if you could have Heavy and Brock in at the same time and they just spend the whole game trying to outdo each other in tales of brutality and violence

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

mutantIke posted:

Jesus Christ. Anyone that says anything that doesn’t include one of the Disco protagonists is fundamentally wrong.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
trying to imagine a conversation between Kim and Shake and my brain is vibrating.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
KIM: I have a colleague who once believed a plastic cup was talking to him.
SHAKE: And I have a colleague who doesn't talk to cops! His name... is ME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Harry and Carl getting along like a house on fire in the background. It could be in that one stripper place Col. Gathers worked at, Carl's just constantly giving $1 notes.