Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now that I think about it, it’s been a while since I saw Maff on IWTV.

No big loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Elephant Ambush posted:

Dan Maff isn't a draw regardless of whether or not he's a sex pest

We have data that supports HoG sold less tix by booking Dan Maff but no data they sold more tix by booking Dan Maff.

Reminds me how I pass on Circle 6 shows because they book Zachary Wentz.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Friend if you mention QT Marshall he will quote tweet you too!

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1604599145414664193

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/RyanMKIV/status/1604600231957610497?t=dlniXarKzi6CyTOA7Pq0uw&s=19

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Emi Sakura finally gets on TV to show off her new belt.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I like the idea of AEW as a host league for other promotions to guest in and defend their titles on occasion. But the OP is correct about AEW/ROH having too many of its own titles floating around.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I like the idea of AEW as a host league for other promotions to guest in and defend their titles on occasion. But the OP is correct about AEW/ROH having too many of its own titles floating around.

I will bet you $50 that belt will never be on AEW television.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1604471544046026752?t=QiKY6b6m1YFP-lQjHuaJPQ&s=19

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
click-saver: (It's Cornette)

“Does anybody else see that it is coincidental or just amazing how this worked out? That Chris Jericho got to defend the ROH World Championship against and defeat in the middle of the ring a different former champion of some description every week on TV for six or eight weeks. On National cable television on TBS with, at least by their standards, a lot of people watching anywhere from 750-900,000 give or take.

But when it comes time to drop it, oh I’ll be happy to drop that title to Claudio on a f*cking Ring of Honor secondary pay-per-view that may not be seen by 75,000 people much less 750,000.”

:rolleyes:

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Bandido has a contract because of that run. There's some speculation that Dalton may have landed an AEW contract as well (rather than ROH). Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana was on TV for the first time in a year or more.

But yes, Jericho is burying talent.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i've heard a lot of disingenuous poo poo but title defenses on a ppv being less important than ones on weekly tv is a good one

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Kennel posted:

click-saver: (It's Cornette)

“Does anybody else see that it is coincidental or just amazing how this worked out? That Chris Jericho got to defend the ROH World Championship against and defeat in the middle of the ring a different former champion of some description every week on TV for six or eight weeks. On National cable television on TBS with, at least by their standards, a lot of people watching anywhere from 750-900,000 give or take.

But when it comes time to drop it, oh I’ll be happy to drop that title to Claudio on a f*cking Ring of Honor secondary pay-per-view that may not be seen by 75,000 people much less 750,000.”

:rolleyes:

Does he think fans are just going to think the title disappeared or something? And this is especially galaxy-brained given that Jericho proceeded to lose on Dynamite to Action Andretti. So what's his argument there?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Kosmo Gallion posted:

True but it would be cool to have Deadlock Pro Wrestling and maybe even New Legacy mentioned on Dark or Elevation.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Even if that title appeared on AEW (highly unlikely considering it's Emi holding it), AEW has 7 titles (plus FTW) and ROH has 6, and they're still working on getting ROH off of AEW TV, so I'm not really sure that you could cut titles down a lot. You've got World - Tag - Trios and Women's World for your "main" ones, then TNT - TBS for your TV ones and All-Atlantic as the more "open" one, with PAC defending it in the UK (and it wouldn't make sense for someone who can't be on TNT to get the TNT title). I guess they were fine before the Trios title, but why not have a prize for three-person teams?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

bartok posted:

True but it would be cool to have Deadlock Pro Wrestling and maybe even New Legacy mentioned on Dark or Elevation.

Pulse was on Dark he won a game thing and booked a match https://youtu.be/NjgFS7qCIhg

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

Pulse was on Dark he won a game thing and booked a match https://youtu.be/NjgFS7qCIhg

Still gutted that Jawney didn’t win. Cutler/Luther hair vs hair (loser has to grow it out for a year) wasn’t such a great idea

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will accuse Jericho of dragging an angle out to infinity, but burials feel rare to me. Maybe I'm talking out of my rear end?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
If Jericho had lost the title on Dynamite instead of an ROH PPV, then Cornette would be complaining about that instead. There's literally no winning the argument because he actually doesn't have an opinion except "whatever TK does is bad".

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There used to be complaints of people losing on ppv but getting their win back on the higher viewed tv show the following night, but that isn’t what’s going on here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There used to be complaints of people losing on ppv but getting their win back on the higher viewed tv show the following night, but that isn’t what’s going on here.

The big complaint was wrestlers who would get the PPV win (especially Wrestlemania) and then return the job on TV knowing it would seem like a favor but in reality no one remembers the TV match but people remember the PPV match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I too wish I had a hot tub that smells like nuts and butts, watch very little wrestling but have time to bloviate endlessly about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shinjobi posted:

I will accuse Jericho of dragging an angle out to infinity, but burials feel rare to me. Maybe I'm talking out of my rear end?

I’d go a step further and say Jericho books angles primarily around himself so even losses feed his character. Which isn’t a bad thing but often feels one sided. But no I don’t think he buries people. In fact I think the fact that he doesn’t is probably why no one seems to come away annoyed by Jerichos self indulgence or whatever. He’s leaving the other guy generally in a better spot than when he found him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Some people absolutely do not understand what they're watching.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

"The main roster" lol

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
MJF would probably smoke most everyone in WWE in a promo battle, but I don't actually know for sure because WWE doesn't really do them anymore so I don't know how well most of those people would hold up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mooseinfants posted:

MJF would probably smoke most everyone in WWE in a promo battle, but I don't actually know for sure because WWE doesn't really do them anymore so I don't know how well most of those people would hold up.

I think Becky or Sami could probably hang. I'd pay money to see Ronda melt against him though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MJF would lose to Killer Kross in a promo off because MJF looks like a poorly tanned creep, and Killer Kross is jacked, and has a hot wife by his side.

It's the Freakzilla principal. The numbers don't lie

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

MJF would lose to Killer Kross in a promo off because MJF looks like a poorly tanned creep, and Killer Kross is jacked, and has a hot wife by his side.

It's the Freakzilla principal. The numbers don't lie

Kross got merked by Adam Cole so bad that people post the clip to Twitter at least once a week. And he is even less jacked and even more poorly tanned

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Serperoth posted:

Even if that title appeared on AEW (highly unlikely considering it's Emi holding it), AEW has 7 titles (plus FTW) and ROH has 6, and they're still working on getting ROH off of AEW TV, so I'm not really sure that you could cut titles down a lot. You've got World - Tag - Trios and Women's World for your "main" ones, then TNT - TBS for your TV ones and All-Atlantic as the more "open" one, with PAC defending it in the UK (and it wouldn't make sense for someone who can't be on TNT to get the TNT title). I guess they were fine before the Trios title, but why not have a prize for three-person teams?

When/if the ROH belts get separated it pretty much fixes the problem. I thought the Atlantic belt was going to go off on adventures overseas and we'd rarely see it but if that's not the case they should get rid of that one too.

Two men, two women, tag, and trios sounds great to me.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Give me more championship. I want an AEW Women's World Tag Team title. And I want championships that are solely defended on Dark and Elevation.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like all the belts because they're cool and I like it when a wrestler goes "you want this? Come and take it" so more chances for that is good.

OC rolling into the ring with the All Atlantic title looks really cool so thank you All Atlantic title

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1glitch0 posted:

When/if the ROH belts get separated it pretty much fixes the problem. I thought the Atlantic belt was going to go off on adventures overseas and we'd rarely see it but if that's not the case they should get rid of that one too.

Two men, two women, tag, and trios sounds great to me.

I've wondered lately if the Atlantic belt exists because the TNT belt got tied up somehow and they wanted a belt for guys like OC and Pac to fight over.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Atlantic belt exists because a tv executive suggested it and Tony Khan said "wow what a great idea!"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Atlantic belt exists because a tv executive suggested it and Tony Khan said "wow what a great idea!"

Plus, it gave us Clark Connors getting over with the crowd. Which was only maybe the 4th or 5th weirdest thing about Forbidden Door (in a good way)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm impressed at just how quickly the All Atlantic title stopped being a title that tours and is defended in other countries when that was the whole reason it was created lol

I'm happy that OC has it though and his run so far has been great

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It makes sense when you consider that they probably did not intend to have PAC working in the US as much as he has been.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also where would they take it? I don't even mean that as a joke, I'm just really blanking on international promotions it would make sense to take the belt to and run defenses in.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also where would they take it? I don't even mean that as a joke, I'm just really blanking on international promotions it would make sense to take the belt to and run defenses in.

PAC was doing defenses in RevPro and OTT in Ireland.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Gumball Gumption posted:

There are like 800 promotions in Japan. They have a relationship with DDT. Have OC fly to Japan and wrestle Takeshita in a single light tube deathmatch or a LEGO ladder match or gently caress it have him defend against Onita in some kind of hilarious explosion match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

PAC was doing defenses in RevPro and OTT in Ireland.

I know but that was 3 whole matches back in July. My point being it doesn't seem like there are a lot of promotions where you can send someone who is at the level to hold the title to regularly defend it outside the company that you wouldn't just be better off having them wrestle on your weekly TV show. The matches would be really cool, would love to see OC in DDT, but from AEW's perspective I can see the problem of their not actually being a lot of places you want to send someone to defend the title.