Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ProfessorMarvel posted:

If this is a Langoliers reference he's DEFINITELY the guy who went crazy about hallucinating being late to a meeting and his dad hating him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmJ5VkYG1g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

You really are pretty drat funny mister Withnail

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Tweet, you big wet bitch!!

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

kazil posted:

he sold all the cafeteria equipment, what do they do?

He forgot to fire them so it's great. They started a book\TV Show club

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
I'm still betting on Emo Elon for a couple of days or weeks. The Chapelle crowd shook him, and the poll shook him even more - just look at his dazed look in the Qatar pictures. I say he's going to mope and wallow in self pity for a while.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

I can't believe Elon Musk loving killed himself

He found a speed strat in the Lowtax speedrun that skips the "willingly spend yourself into insolvency to spite your ex-wifes and children" stage and just gets him right to the shotgun.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Offler posted:

I'm still betting on Emo Elon for a couple of days or weeks. The Chapelle crowd shook him, and the poll shook him even more - just look at his dazed look in the Qatar pictures. I say he's going to mope and wallow in self pity for a while.

In addition to what you mentioned, I think the dazed look was also partly because the Saudis likely told him "fix this poo poo or else" while he was in Qatar (I will leave it to the reader to speculate what "or else" might mean in this case)

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Offler posted:

He's calling Grimes over and over, re-enacting the phone message meltdown scene from Swingers.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ynohtna posted:

He's calling Grimes over and over, re-enacting the phone message meltdown scene from Swingers.

Why doesn't he do what a normal person would, and stand outside her house holding a boom-box over his head?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I understand Musky's plight, for I too was criticized on the internet when I posted my ramblings online and was called an unfunny loser, and I too made a dramatic post about how everyone should be careful what they wished for and then left the site forever to sulk in silence

also I was 11 years old

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Noxville posted:

At the rate it’s dropped the past week, it’ll be under 100 by the year end. Wonder where the floor is

Since its a speculative stock and not based on real things, probably around 100-120. It then depends on what happens in the next 3-6 months.

I think it will have the same sort of trajectory Bitcoin is doing. Drop, hold until a big player either cashes out or collapses and drop again. Repeat cycle. Interestingly they're both down about 60% YTD.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

AARD VARKMAN posted:

elon was sent to the Past while in flight and he's currently tearing up sheets of paper at an empty airport

A necro quote, but I greatly appreciate this reference. Especially since the mini series had that character being insulted by Stephen King in his hallucination.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MasterSitsu posted:

does anyone still think this poll result is what he wanted. you'd think he'd be armed with a zinger or lovely memes for the result drop.

Nah he'd have zingers for the win, for the lose he's carefully trying to craft his next Tweet and/or press release to sound like he's still winning in the long run (so Tesla stock doesn't drop any more than it already has) while giving control to some other dude.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

MiracleFlare posted:

I understand Musky's plight, for I too was criticized on the internet when I posted my ramblings online and was called an unfunny loser, and I too made a dramatic post about how everyone should be careful what they wished for and then left the site forever to sulk in silence

also I was 11 years old

One time as a kid, I was posting on the Command and Conquer forums and I made fun of another kid's grammar, except I spelled it "grammer" and I got roasted. I had to pace around outside to calm down.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Stoatbringer posted:

Why doesn't he do what a normal person would, and stand outside her house holding a boom-box over his head?

LET THIS SINK IN

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MiracleFlare posted:

also I was 11 years old

I get called an unfunny loser idiot on SA a bunch too. I get miffed about it for like 20 minutes, get distracted by something because I have ADD, and then go on shitposting and pissing off dillholes who then call me an idiot. It's a cycle. Elon never reaches the "I get over it" phase and just keeps getting madder and madder.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao did he finally die from the amphetamines?

Because that would be the most stupid and fitting way this ends

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pookah posted:

LET THIS SINK IN

I hope when this is all over we get footage of him walking out of Twitter HQ carrying the same sink, only just absolutely dejected and broken so we have hilarious before and after pictures to contrast with.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I hope when this is all over we get footage of him walking out of Twitter HQ carrying the same sink, only just absolutely dejected and broken so we have hilarious before and after pictures to contrast with.

just in time to add the sad Charlie Brown music

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

The sad Charlie Brown music playing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or the sad Hulk music

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

The Stroker Ace posted:

The sad Charlie Brown music playing.

you blockchainhead!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

you blockchainhead!

:golfclap:

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

nine-gear crow posted:

I get called an unfunny loser idiot on SA a bunch too. I get miffed about it for like 20 minutes, get distracted by something because I have ADD, and then go on shitposting and pissing off dillholes who then call me an idiot. It's a cycle. Elon never reaches the "I get over it" phase and just keeps getting madder and madder.

I'm betting he's just really confused at this point. He obviously has built an information bubble around himself which reencforces the ideas that he is the greatest human ever and that his political positions are majoritarian positions that are being kept down by a shadowy elite woke mob. I think he truly believed that by becoming CEO of Twitter, the repressed masses would stand up and cheer as he saved them from the woke mob. I think that getting booed at the Chappelle concert was his first incling that reality might not be what he thought it was. It's just gotten worse for him since then. I think he firmly believed that the vast majority of people would back him on both the doxxing poll and the "should I step down" poll.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Elon let libbot9000 steal the vote
The woke CEO of Twitter must resign due to WEAKNESS

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Make the tweet, you pallid slab of jellimeat

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

You should make a poll about it.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

If he was smart he'd leverage public dislike of Saudi billionaires into some sympathy, but he ain't smart.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pookah posted:

LET THIS SINK IN

Yes he should bring her a sink then still expect her to just come to the window and when she doesn't notice because there's no loud music he tries to throw the sink at the window and ends up throwing it on his own foot she notices when he starts cursing up a storm.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Are the results of the last poll valid?

YES: 69%
NO: 31%

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Stoatbringer posted:

Why doesn't he do what a normal person would, and stand outside her house holding a sink over his head?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Shithouse Dave posted:

Make the tweet, you pallid slab of jellimeat

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Magic Hate Ball posted:

you blockchainhead!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

What's the opposite of "go woke go broke"?

Be an rear end in a top hat, Lose your Castle

Slant rhymes work, right?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Elon picks a new CEO
New CEO keeps doing the exact same poo poo except Elon can feign outrage when people hate it and claim credit when people like it.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Be an rear end in a top hat, Lose your Castle

Slant rhymes work, right?

wow it's called haiku, racist

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Someone get the toaster pillow case and play Indiana Jones. It's the only way to stop Elon.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Elon picks a new CEO
New CEO keeps doing the exact same poo poo except Elon can feign outrage when people hate it and claim credit when people like it.

Yeah I don't think anyone's under any illusions that it's not all a farce

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Elon picks a new CEO

Worked for Tesla and SpaceX, why did he mess with the formula this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I guess the next thing he could do is put together a twitter poll on who should be the next CEO, then put his own name in and split the votes among a bunch of nobodies in opposition.

This seems simultaneously way too stupid for a smart person to do and way too smart for Elon to do.