Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Anyone that still has an account for observation (thank you for your service) should start in memoriam posting and get a #RIPelon going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Musk not tweeting is his masterstroke. He's leaving everyone with the blue-checked balls

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Musk finally fell asleep and no one wants to be the one to wake him up

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tippecanoe posted:

Worked for Tesla and SpaceX, why did he mess with the formula this time?

Because Tesla and SpaceX had something of value already, and their CEOs knew how to keep Elon at arms length.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone's under any illusions that it's not all a farce

I disagree. I don't think he's that clever or cares enough. I think he thought that running Twitter would be fun. I think that everything he's done since he took over has been exactly what it looks like, an emotional impulsive person in way over their head jumping from one decision to the next getting increasingly frustrated because everything he does seems to make the situation worse.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

confused posted:

I disagree. I don't think he's that clever or cares enough. I think he thought that running Twitter would be fun. I think that everything he's done since he took over has been exactly what it looks like, an emotional impulsive person in way over their head jumping from one decision to the next getting increasingly frustrated because everything he does seems to make the situation worse.

There's a real easy way to fix all of that beforehand

delegate.

come out of your hobbit hole and say "I want twitter blue, but better!" then hide back in the hole and let the peons figure how the whosawhatsists

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
Watching this poo poo play out with musk, I keep thinking about this one tweet I can't find about brexit describing it as "a man destroying his house with a sledgehammer because he lost a twitter poll" and it's too on-point for this too

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

yook posted:

I guess the next thing he could do is put together a twitter poll on who should be the next CEO, then put his own name in and split the votes among a bunch of nobodies in opposition.

This seems simultaneously way too stupid for a smart person to do and way too smart for Elon to do.

Snoop Dog will still win by write-in

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Guys I think he accidentally flushed himself over the mediterranean

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ilmucche posted:

Musk not tweeting is his masterstroke. He's leaving everyone with the blue-checked balls

Everyone :f5:ing for his suicide announcement and Twitter engagement has never been higher!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao he's going to just shut Twtter off

I can almost bet

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

pixaal posted:

Honestly, I think making Snoop CEO might be Twitter's best option. I'm mean, how cool would that be?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

confused posted:

Honestly, I think making Snoop CEO might be Twitter's best option. I'm mean, how cool would that be?

Would you pay $8 for Twitter Green

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Tired: Twitter as a bank
Wired: Twitter as a weed delivery service

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

big black turnout posted:

Tired: Twitter as a bank
Wired: Twitter as a weed delivery service

:snoop::snoop: SMOKE TWEETS EVERY DAY :snoop::snoop:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Outrail posted:

Musk finally fell asleep and no one wants to be the one to wake him up

He's going to be real mad when wakes up and finds out Instagram started an offensive in Africa.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Are the results of the last poll valid?

YES: 69%
NO: 31%

NO: 69%
YES: 420%

:elon::elon::elon:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

pixaal posted:

He can bring in Martha Stewart as CFO.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Be an rear end in a top hat, Lose your Castle

Slant rhymes work, right?

Make the Tweet, Lose your Seat

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

sinky posted:

If they started every day livestreaming themselves getting high and doing an arts and crafts project, I'd gladly pay $9/month for the service.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

will his mom at least defend him while he's pouting? come on!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
The blobfish only looks like that because it's been taken out of its deep water, high pressure environment.

What I'm saying is, we should try sinking Elon Musk into the Marianas trench to see if he's more attractive down there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sinky posted:

That wasn't part of Snoop's offer when he made the poll if he should become CEO of twitter.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Guys I think he accidentally flushed himself over the mediterranean

Is that on the same way all those Russian guys fell down the stairs.

Konar posted:

Same, my days have started off so much better without scrolling some drat algorithmically generated feed

Came off FB last year, Twitter when Rlon took over, and off of Reddit when I saw one too many videos of Russian teenagers having their lives ended in a ditch via a drone bomb.

I'm probably playing too many dumb phone games now, but that is better than being spoon-fed death videos and terrible opinions of people who are likely to be Russian bots or hateful 13 year-olds.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao he's going to just shut Twtter off

I can almost bet

My tinfoil hat predictions are either that or he sells it to Donald Trump and he makes Twitter a part of Truth Social. I have no idea how any of that would actually happen though.

Either way, let it burn.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What idiot would buy twitter now? It’s literally packed with debt

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

MAKE THE TWEET COWARD

Lol he's actually dead

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Frankly I'm in favor of putting Snoop is charge of pretty much everything.

You know he's not going to micromanage everything or try to be cool. He would just ask if everything is cool with whatever and if not, we should fix that, but no rush.

Like go put him in charge of war stuff. Secretary of Defense. It would save a lot of money and human suffering.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

What idiot would buy twitter now? It’s literally packed with debt

*Sympathy for the Devil starts playing*

Trump: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of weight and taste"

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Elon Reeve Musk 
June 28, 1971 - December 19, 2022
Elon was the founder and CEO of SpaceX; CEO of Tesla Inc.; owner and CEO of Twitter Inc.; was found deceased upon his private jet in the early hours of the morning from a combination aneurysm and heart attack from amphetamine ingestion. Elon is survived by an unknown amount of children and his many exes.

#RIPelon

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

MAKE THE TWEET COWARD

Lol he's actually dead

Nah, his mom is currently consoling him and will post soon to tell everyone to leave him alone.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's going through the votes one by one and banning every account that voted yes, it's gonna take a while.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

He's going through the votes one by one and banning every account that voted yes, it's gonna take a while.

Yes, let’s give him some space :dadjoke:

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
It was all just a genius honeypot to catch the woke bots you see!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

pixaal posted:

That wasn't part of Snoop's offer when he made the poll if he should become CEO of twitter.
Snoop Dogg forced by the court to buy Twitter when it turns out Twitter polls are legally binding.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
He's making a run for Greenland. Genius level move.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
lol if you think Trump would go anywhere near twitter. Even he's not that stupid and there's literally nothing in it for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Burning Rain posted:

It was all just a genius honeypot to catch the woke bots you see!

I thought that fat gently caress was in jail. Throw his rear end back in.