Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

euphronius posted:

he needs to play until he fouls out every night

i hate to admit this but he does; James Wiseman does need to play until he fouls out every night.

and I HOPE that is what you meant when you said Curry out of the lineup will benefit the Warriors.
cutting Otto Porter Jr. and Gary Payton II was such a gamble, borne out of salary cap necessity, Wiseman needs to be ready to play real Finals minutes in the stead of Kevon Looney (whom I love). but he ain't ready yet that's for sure.

I also hope they do NOT trade Wiseman because the Warriors need centers that can know, in their heart, Stephen Curry will make them a rich man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
i'd love the Spurs to take a shot at wiseman, I think they'd be a good partner in a Warriors desperation trade
i also love that brett brown just went back to being assistant coach

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

A certain big fat "guard" on the Nuggets had 40 points, 27 rebounds, and 10 assists today. They are 19-11... maybe he deserves MVP consideration??? :O

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Checked in on the West vs. East record... all of the "East>West" people in here got on the East bandwagon WAY too early. East is 75-89 against the West now this year. .457 winning percentage. The East has a record somewhere in between the Raptors and the Pacers against the West.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol Draymond thought Steph was playing https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1604647623746793473

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

6er fans in shambles https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1604685733175779328

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there are only 25 teams or so trying to win and he’s 28th!!!

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
at least embiid dumped that 60 bomb on the jazz, a 7 win mason plumlee team shouldn’t impress MVP voters

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jokic is no joke in the running for least valuable player in the nba. a total wasteland with an enormous contract

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
and they only won by 4 points when jokic got to shoot 17 FTs

I’m already envisioning nba fans blaming the FO this time around when they lose in the first round to the blazers again

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

jokic is no joke in the running for least valuable player in the nba. a total wasteland with an enormous contract

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Denver got a center and two or three two way wings they would be pretty good even with jokic

so I mean it’s not technically hopeless

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like put jokic on Milwaukee and take out Grayson Allen. Milwaukee would be just as good. maybe a little worse

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

and they only won by 4 points when jokic got to shoot 17 FTs

I’m already envisioning nba fans blaming the FO this time around when they lose in the first round to the blazers again

jokic was +21 in 40 minutes. he shot that many free throws because they intentionally fouled him at the end

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

u mad

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

fortunately for jokic, d'angelo russell and his $30/mil a year is right loving there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jokic is way more destructive to a franchise . you could build a good team with DLo on it (look at golden state a few years ago with Curry)

you cant build a good team around jokic if he keeps insisting that the team have no centers playing with him on the court

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think you all realize how dire this is

he’s worse than teams that are tanking !! he’s worse then teams that are literally bad on purpose !! it should be the story of the nba but I understand nba media is not serious

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s aging rapidly at 27 years old

his career arc is out of the league by 30 ( he’s already close) if he insists on playing center (or whatever it is that he’s doing now)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I could easily foresee I guess a trade to like the knicks

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

he’s aging rapidly at 27 years old

this is too good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

this is too good

having the worst season of his career at age 27 should he setting off alarm bells in nuggets land

if he is not on the block now he should be

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they could tank for wembamyama as well . although I don’t think they have their first ?

they could easily have one of the 4 worst records If they commit right now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can you imagine if New Orleans gets wembamyama

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Denver has their pick it seems 1-14 protected

it’s time to tank

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Denver’s drating the past 5 years

ALARM BELLS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is after they purposely got two Defence wings to help jokic

it doesn’t work! he sucks !

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
don’t u have kids why do u post so much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they aren't very long posts'

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

Denver’s drating the past 5 years

ALARM BELLS

smdh at you of all people posting fantasy stats...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

those arent fantasy stats. no fantasy league in the world or box score in the world has season drating in it

that is the most important stat for a starting center however. it is basically his stat. if it is bad, he is bad. period. full stop.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

defense is nice but the most important basketball stat is Getting Buckets as always

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

defense is nice but the most important basketball stat is Getting Buckets as always

no. the ability to stop buckets is harder and rarer (league is designed for people to score). stopping one bucket is 2 to 3 times more valuable than scoring one bucket in terms of making a Good Team . it is therefor the most important thing.

for centers it’s even more lopsided. stopping buckets is 90% of what a center is supposed to do. the way the game is designed, a center has incredible influence on defense and what the other teams does on offense. a center that does not stop buckets is not a center and not valuable. it’s just how the game works ok. it’s not even a controversial take. before the league decided to invested marketing equity into jokic no one thought players like him were good. they still don’t as long as his name isn’t jokic. why doesn’t Sabonis get mvp talk ? he’s the same player as jokics.

if scoring was in any way hard in 2022 nba then yes maybe you’d have a point.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

everyone scores passes and shoots threes. ok wow. stop the other team from scoring maybe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

looking at the stats Sabonis is having a way better year than Jokic even lol

Sabonis for mvp (not really he stinks )

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

euphronius posted:

everyone scores passes and shoots threes. ok wow. stop the other team from scoring maybe

This is where the Warriors are failing with Wiseman because they are trying to turn him into a scorer rather than focusing on rim defense and some offensive screening or distraction.
You don't need him to score, use him for what you need him to be which is a big nightmare in the paint for the other teams offense.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
let's check on how Bucket Stopper rudy gobert's new team is doing

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
who is responsible for the nuggets being 18-11? who has generated those wins on the nuggets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

let's check on how Bucket Stopper rudy gobert's new team is doing

yeah Rudy is slowing down but he’s had a better year than Jokic for sure