Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
A lot of the dk cards they buffed by messing with the corpse costs but I’m not sure the corpse costs are why those cards aren’t played. Also I don’t know that there is a home for meat wagon right now no matter how many corpses it generates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Desert Bus posted:

Renethal is still good, I think. The extra life is nice but it's the extra cards that really matter. SUPER HAPPY to see Tome Tampering banned in Wild. The Obliterate change could go either way. Don't really care about the rest.

It kind of seems like just the opposite to me: The extra cards are the price you pay to get the life.

Bless Priest, Miracle Rogue, and Deathrattle Rogue are miserable to play against, so I don't care if they're power outliers; I'm happy to see them nerfed.

The Unleash Fel change seems like a nothing change, though. It's a little less oppressive early-game versus aggro, I guess, but it's still a board clear, and it's still at full power during a late-game Jace turn.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wow I haven't logged in since the the expansion launched but I guess I should stop by and collect my billion dust

goferchan fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 19, 2022

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

A lot of the dk cards they buffed by messing with the corpse costs but I’m not sure the corpse costs are why those cards aren’t played. Also I don’t know that there is a home for meat wagon right now no matter how many corpses it generates.

There's actually another corpse curve now:

3-mana, +4 corpse Meat Grinder
into
4-mana, -4 corpse Malignant Horror

I mean it's a start

Also I forgot that my Draka was golden, get in my dust wallet :hellyeah:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Is there a way to find all the cards that are eligible for a full refund?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
typing refund into the collection search

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Mayveena posted:

Is there a way to find all the cards that are eligible for a full refund?

Pretty sure you can filter your collection for 'refund' once the patch hits.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

patch is already live

got 5k+ dust not bad

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
good riddance to DR Rogue

also it's gonna take a lot more than making a few DK minions +1 health to make tempo DK good

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Just 600 refund dust for me but I always like to keep 2 of everything in case I want to play with them again later.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Yea those DK buffs are incredibly minor. Thought they'd go a lot harder to be honest.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think handbuff BBU might be playable now.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Wild Reno DK is easily Tier 1 as is Even DK. They can't buff DK stuff too much or they will break Wild (again).

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Desert Bus posted:

Renethal is still good, I think. The extra life is nice but it's the extra cards that really matter. SUPER HAPPY to see Tome Tampering banned in Wild. The Obliterate change could go either way. Don't really care about the rest.

I'm very disappointed about the Obliterate change. 2 mana+3 damage for hard removal seems really strong, and now there's such a limited downside to using it on a huge minion.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Renathal change is sad, I loved 40 card/40 health decks. They should've hall of famed him instead so we can at least use him properly in wild. Hopefully he'll get reverted when he rotates.
Otherwise I would've hoped for more/different buffs to DK, but maybe combined with the nerfs to the power classes it'll get there.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Dusted all the refund cards and got 6500 back. Any thoughts on what the new meta is gonna be?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Meatbag Esq. posted:

A lot of the dk cards they buffed by messing with the corpse costs but I’m not sure the corpse costs are why those cards aren’t played.

Blizzard still underestimates how easy it is to make corpses, even with the corpse cost most of these cards are just too fair. DK still might have a shot with the rogue and priest nerfs, and frost in particular will be a lot stronger with everyone having 5-10 less HP.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

HSReplay had been showing the big DR Rogue deck at 100,000 plays for a couple days now so I assume there was so many it just overflowed that counter. When one deck is being played that much I think they had to kill it.

Glad to get a few thousand dust out of it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Its incredibly funny they had to just remove the new warlock discard card from wild altogether imo. New dk changes seem meh. Nice meta shakeup and i like this very big swing type of balancing but im not sure if itll really achieve the aim of boosting dk win rates

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 19, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

eat poo poo rogues, I don’t think DH cares too much about the unleash fel nerf other than against hard aggro decks, druids still fine, lmao @ the pathetic DH “buffs”

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

fanny packrat posted:

I'm very disappointed about the Obliterate change. 2 mana+3 damage for hard removal seems really strong, and now there's such a limited downside to using it on a huge minion.

On one hand, I'm happy about the Obliterate change because it gives Blood 1 another thing worth dipping into Blood for. As is, there's enough control tools that require one rune to make it worth the effort. On the other hand... one more piece of solid single-target removal probably isn't what control Death Knight needs to get over the line into being an actually good deck. Maybe killing all the best decks will be enough, who knows, but it still doesn't feel like enough at a glance.

EDIT: Not enough to make the cards they buffed worth it, at least. Everyone else has some good points.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

GTO posted:

Dusted all the refund cards and got 6500 back. Any thoughts on what the new meta is gonna be?

Surely it's blood DK's time to shine!

Maybe Pure Paladin gets some traction, or that aggro mage can do some damage.

I'd love to see 30 card astalor combo Druid take off though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah i havent played dh this expac but from my understanding the fel barrage change seems irrelevant except it means theyre a little less strong against aggro decks? Im not sure theres a strong enough aggro deck rn for this to matter but im probably wrong especially with the renethal change

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 19, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Its incredibly funny they had to just remove the new warlock discard card from wild altogether imo. New dk changes seem meh. Nice meta shakeup and i like this very big swing type of balancing but im not sure if itll really achieve the aim of boosting dk win rates

I think Wild has 4 banned cards now? Demon Seed, Stealer of Souls, Tome Tampering, and Switcheroo. 3/4 are Warlock.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Im sad that naga priest got inadvertently hit because it was the deck i was playing a lot because i didnt have a good new meta deck but also its probably reasonable because it was still very good. I also had a bunch of the nerfed epics so i might actually be able to afford to craft something once the meta settles. I also apparently get 1600 dust because the signature card i was whinging about unpacking yesterday was anub

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Desert Bus posted:

I think Wild has 4 banned cards now? Demon Seed, Stealer of Souls, Tome Tampering, and Switcheroo. 3/4 are Warlock.

Yeah, Warlocks slap

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Yeah i havent played dh this expac but from my understanding the fel barrage change seems irrelevant except it means theyre a little less strong against aggro decks? Im not sure theres a strong enough aggro deck rn for this to matter but im probably wrong especially with the renethal change

Imp warlock and aggro Druid still exist and with Renethal nerfed will be potentially bigger deals now. You really can’t hold back your removal for turn 6 there so missing a 12-18 point heal is gonna sting, not to mention the relic is now also competing for your turn 6 plays

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
DH might wind up in a good spot; its current bad matchups were also nerfed, but stuff like druid/zoo/aggro paladin should punish it significantly. The 1 mana nerf to the draw relic also hurts a lot, it delays getting 4 and 5 power relics significantly.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

GTO posted:

they didn't hit Guff Druid at all so I expect that to take over

e: oh yeah aggro is much stronger with 5 less health on control decks, yayyyyyyyyyy

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Well they did hit Anubarakh (sp?), but it's pretty much a nothing burger. I just did brann + anub + astal8or + (earthen scales) + denathrius in a match against BBB DK that I had pretty much lost to kill them from full health.

It's the same equilibrium where blood DK > aggro > ramp druid > blood DK, only a bit tighter.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Oenis posted:

Well they did hit Anubarakh (sp?), but it's pretty much a nothing burger. I just did brann + anub + astal8or + (earthen scales) + denathrius in a match against BBB DK that I had pretty much lost to kill them from full health.

It's the same equilibrium where blood DK > aggro > ramp druid > blood DK, only a bit tighter.

I can't remember the last time I lost to a blood DK with my implock deck? I dont' think they're particularly good at anything, even stopping aggro. They just drag matches out and lose more slowly than other classes

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Surely this opens the way for Boar Druid.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I also apparently get 1600 dust because the signature card i was whinging about unpacking yesterday was anub

I got bad news for you then, but I'm sure you have found out by now ...

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
It's hilarious that they have had to ban / nerf yet another discard warlock card in wild. They keep trying to make it a thing in standard but never have enough cards supporting it at the same time.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Those DK buffs are not what I expected. But I used my few pieces of refunded dust to finish out my Pure Paladin deck and this deck is what I'm looking to play in an aggro build. Plus the Countess can do some really dumb and wacky things to finish a match.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Still holding out hope for more dk buffs

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Blockhouse posted:

Still holding out hope for more dk buffs

They said that these are meant to be safer changes and that there will be a spicier round of nerfs/buffs later.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Mr Beens posted:

It's hilarious that they have had to ban / nerf yet another discard warlock card in wild. They keep trying to make it a thing in standard but never have enough cards supporting it at the same time.

Wild DiscoLock usually is just kind of an OK-ish deck compared to everything else. Fun but not really competitive, pretty cheap to build and easy to play. Tome made it obscene without jacking the cost up a lot so a lot of people were trying it out. I will not be sad to see it go. They design cards to try and make them work in Standard, and they def overpowered this one to try and make up for lack of support.

All that said, Tome was a lot of fun to play with while it lasted.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I've been surprised to see a bunch of people upset over the Renathal nerf on the official forums and on reddit. Maybe it's because I hate fishing for cards but I barely ever ran it due to it creating a 40-card deck. I don't get the appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

mcbexx posted:

I got bad news for you then, but I'm sure you have found out by now ...

Uhh?

PATCH NOTES posted:

This time, players who have the Signature version of Anub'Rekhan as of December 20th at 10am PST will receive a grant of 1600 Arcane Dust at login, later that week.

Also they didn't go far enough with the Renathal nerf. Just banish it from Standard already. (though if Genn/Baku are precedent, they'll turf it with the next set rotation, but are letting it stay for now in its nerfed form)

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I've been surprised to see a bunch of people upset over the Renathal nerf on the official forums and on reddit. Maybe it's because I hate fishing for cards but I barely ever ran it due to it creating a 40-card deck. I don't get the appeal.

It hard murdered the control archetype for classes not called Guff Druid and in particular murdered Warrior to the point of unplayability.