Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

they seem to be really good and there are some good prices on the jeffsite

i have this coming in tomorrow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SPSLD2G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

nice. this with arrow keys would be sickkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Hed posted:

nice. this with arrow keys would be sickkk

thats the one i got on black friday, K6. you can get it with blues if u want

(no aluminum frame though)

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Jonny 290 posted:

That's one nice slab of chocolate, though mine had Function keys and I can't do without

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Armitag3 posted:

That's one nice slab of chocolate, though mine had Function keys and I can't do without

So you'll probably want the K8: https://a.co/d/3414nOW (Amazon)
https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k8-pro-qmk-via-wireless-mechanical-keyboard (Keychron)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it...has two? im confused

oh im dumb, i get what youre saying now. yeah you want to go one layout up. i hate f keys so

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 14, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Got the key caps in today so I finally have a usable Q10. Now thinking about a 60% one to use with my work laptop, once I get that part of the desk re-arranged.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
speaking of caps, ordered some puddings to snazz up the leopold a bit maybe

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

was going to go to bed, but instead I decided to set up a qmk development environment and read about lots of crazy macro hackery

(I also might need a wrist wrest with this q10, it's pretty tall)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

uh oh, loaded my first customized firmware onto the q10 and it's really fun (it would be more fun if `qmk flash` worked and I didn't have to use the QMK Toolbox app)

this won't go anywhere good I'm sure

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

speaking of caps, ordered some puddings to snazz up the leopold a bit maybe

puddings are fun

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Subjunctive posted:

uh oh, loaded my first customized firmware onto the q10 and it's really fun (it would be more fun if `qmk flash` worked and I didn't have to use the QMK Toolbox app)

I just use the VIA suite for mine, but no, no good can come of custom layouts.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Subjunctive posted:

Welcome.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
keychron.
so nice you have to buy it twice.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
speakin of which my k12 with my first blue switches showed up. these motherfuckers are CLACKY lol. lots of fun

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

my only beef with keychron is they still haven't provided a way to gently caress with the rgb leds from your host system. i have my laptop keyboard pulse different colors based on various notificaitons/conditions and wish i could do the same on the desktop

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i suppose that's a valid complaint. i only have white backlights on my k6 and i just do the "follow the last key you typed" mode and turned the mode lock on. subtle hacker mode imo

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

nudgenudgetilt posted:

my only beef with keychron is they still haven't provided a way to gently caress with the rgb leds from your host system. i have my laptop keyboard pulse different colors based on various notificaitons/conditions and wish i could do the same on the desktop

you could do this with QMK firmware because it can receive raw HID data from the host and act on it…

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
they have a bunch of non qmk boards tho

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
i have a ducky one three TKL that I like at home but I miss not having a volume adjustment on the keeb. running windows what’s the easiest way to hotkey?

also how can I get key caps that look like old computer? like C64 keys but in cool colors? is that double shot PBT?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

you could do this with QMK firmware because it can receive raw HID data from the host and act on it…

can you put qmk on any k2? i see https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k2-pro-qmk-via-wireless-mechanical-keyboard?variant=40336733700185 exists, but i have a couple of these guys instead: https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k2-wireless-mechanical-keyboard?variant=31063869751385

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Hed posted:

i have a ducky one three TKL that I like at home but I miss not having a volume adjustment on the keeb. running windows what’s the easiest way to hotkey?

also how can I get key caps that look like old computer? like C64 keys but in cool colors? is that double shot PBT?

On the keycap front look for something in SA or MT3 profile. MT3 profile sets are exclusive to Drop.com and are in both ABS and PBT. SA profile can be found at a bunch of different vendors.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t see any support for k2 in the main QMK repository, so I’m not sure. sorry…

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gearman posted:

On the keycap front look for something in SA or MT3 profile. MT3 profile sets are exclusive to Drop.com and are in both ABS and PBT. SA profile can be found at a bunch of different vendors.

https://www.keycaps.info/

here’s also a handy site, even if author doesn’t keep up with the niche industry per sa

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://www.keycaps.info/

here’s also a handy site, even if author doesn’t keep up with the niche industry per sa

Gearman posted:

Thanks I ordered some dank orange-and-grey SA profiles from Drop.

Jonny 290 posted:

Awesome, I got a K8 and some yellow-and-grey set and between this and my Ducky One 3 going to have fun messing with the keycaps. Thanks!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Roosevelt posted:

porcelain caps. perfect for posting.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Hed posted:

Thanks I ordered some dank orange-and-grey SA profiles from Drop.

Awesome, I got a K8 and some yellow-and-grey set and between this and my Ducky One 3 going to have fun messing with the keycaps. Thanks!

I have that carbon sa kit from the first time they made it, good choice it owns

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got the orange-and-grey from Drop too, with bone alphanumerics, love them

my gk21s numpad is hosed up somehow. if I tap keys quickly, like rolling my fingers 3-2-1 or 6-5-4 it outputs 1-2-3 or 4-5-6 (or 5-4-6). there's also a bit of a delay in response, and if I tap 0000 I'm very likely to drop a keypress

I can't find updated firmware for it to try, but it happens on both my Win 11 machine and my Linux one, via both bluetooth and USB

anyone know what I might be able to do about this?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im not familiar with the specific item, but this sounds like a firmware issue, and cursed one at that if it doesn’t preserve order of inputs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Subjunctive posted:

I got the orange-and-grey from Drop too, with bone alphanumerics, love them

orange & grey is such a great color combo

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Well, I was the proud owner of an Ergodox EZ, and then the YOSPOS keyboard thread showed me horrors from the dorkth dimension and I have to live with the knowledge that some motherfucker put one of these poor things in a harness and wore it like a baby.

I still own it, so it's just the pride part that's gone.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:eyepop:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ah the discord shortcode wheel

handoferis
Dec 25, 2022

Gearman posted:

I always find it really sad Signature Plastics' much-superior for modern use but unfortunately named SS profile got nixed. SA was always intended for angled keystems which is why it can feel so baffling to use at times. I have an old telex terminal keyboard that has SS profile caps and the profile is super nice compared to SA sets I have.

As a result I'd always recommend MT3 these days, it is just better.

mewse
May 2, 2006

handoferis posted:

I always find it really sad Signature Plastics' much-superior for modern use but unfortunately named SS profile got nixed. SA was always intended for angled keystems which is why it can feel so baffling to use at times. I have an old telex terminal keyboard that has SS profile caps and the profile is super nice compared to SA sets I have.

As a result I'd always recommend MT3 these days, it is just better.

is there anything similar to MT3 that’s not exclusive to massdrop?

handoferis
Dec 25, 2022

mewse posted:

is there anything similar to MT3 that’s not exclusive to massdrop?

I think the KAT profile is spherical and basically a shorter, less aggro SA, but I mostly buy keyboards that are older than I am so I'm not 100% on that.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
https://gist.github.com/KohlJary/ae4875c25c678c4fbc3b26539d0c3776

Finally took the time to make a useful keymap for this numpad I've had for a minute now. Was having a hard time figuring out how to bind it, until I realized I can just turn it sideways with the big + and 0 keys at the top, waaaay more usable that way imo. Integrates with my i3 configuration nicely.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

good old QK_BOOT

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Took some glamour shots.

https://imgur.com/a/GXeDMb9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
???

how do you compile???