Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone else need to evolve a palafin? Link code YPD0MS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Does anyone else need to evolve a palafin? Link code YPD0MS

I did mine but I hopped on so you can do yours

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

big black turnout posted:

I did mine but I hopped on so you can do yours

Blessbless😊

Thanks!!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

alolan raichu having a :) face rather than a :3 face is so scuffed

what happened to your philtrum my man

Speaking of, not sure if you can get either of the previous evolutions in SV without breeding or trading but I do like that you can finally catch wild Raichu (aka the best Pikachu form) in Area Zero

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

you can, they’re uncommon in early-game areas

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, not sure if you can get either of the previous evolutions in SV without breeding or trading but I do like that you can finally catch wild Raichu (aka the best Pikachu form) in Area Zero

I just caught a wild, roaming, fighting tera type Raichu on a island off Port Marinada. She has both Surf and Thunderbolt, with Perfect Special Attack IVs and is Modest to boot. I think I’m gonna have to train another Raichu.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nessa posted:

I just caught a wild, roaming, fighting tera type Raichu on a island off Port Marinada. She has both Surf and Thunderbolt, with Perfect Special Attack IVs and is Modest to boot. I think I’m gonna have to train another Raichu.

Huh, I never saw a single wild “-chu” in the entire game before that but they were crawling all over the place I mentioned. Good to know

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

alolan raichu having a :) face rather than a :3 face is so scuffed

what happened to your philtrum my man

Literally anytime they do that with an animal-like mon instead just giving them a :3 mouth is a loving loss.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
How do you get Alolan Raichu

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Larryb posted:

Pichus and Pikachus are not common, but I've seen them in plenty of places in Scarlet.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

indigi posted:

Catch a Pikachu in Sun/Moon and evolve it the usual way, don’t remember if there’s an alternate method

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

indigi posted:

Cery carefully :twisted:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The best middle starter evolution is Dewott; which makes the tragedy that is quadruped Samurott even sadder.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's been years but I'm still mad at how they ruined my boy. Dewott is so good.
lot of wrong opinion havers in this thread. imagine not liking samurott, couldn't be me

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

lot of wrong opinion havers in this thread. imagine not liking samurott, couldn't be me

:hai:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Blaziken386 posted:

Samurott would be a good pokemon if it didn't evolve from Dewott. How does a cool badass little samurai otter dude turn into a narwhal? It's all wrong!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Samurott would be a good pokemon if it didn't evolve from Dewott. How does a cool badass little samurai otter dude turn into a narwhal? It's all wrong!

This is one of the rare cases where the starter started out bipedal, went quadrupedal and people hate it. Hisuian Samurott is a boss though with its excellent luxurious mustache. I think that was my main issue with the original; his hair was a bit ratty looking.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

Ya him and his brother are badass

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they call it samur"rot" because, it is rotten

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

oddium posted:

they call it samur"rot" because, it is rotten

what the gently caress? that's very rude

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Every single pokemon is someone's favourite and if you've never had a completely poo poo pokemon capture your heart, you have not lived.

Welcome back Sunkern, my beautiful child, I have raised a whole city in your honour

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

HopperUK posted:

Every single pokemon is someone's favourite and if you've never had a completely poo poo pokemon capture your heart, you have not lived.

Welcome back Sunkern, my beautiful child, I have raised a whole city in your honour

Mine is Murkrow and you can imagine my glee at hearing my special little guy somehow being competitive early this season

Give murkrow swagger for foul plays gamefreak you cowards

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

HopperUK posted:

As evidence my favorite pokemon is Abomasnow.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

One day Armaldo will be good. I believe in my beady slanted eyed boy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Grusha is a fuckin bummer god drat. "shut up dork" is what I would say to him

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Samurott is a sea lion shogun, it's a perfectly sensible evolution for a samurai otter

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

indigi posted:

Grusha is a fuckin bummer god drat. "shut up dork" is what I would say to him

"What if Melli was an enormous wet blanket" is the vibe I get from Grusha

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He’s nothing like Melli?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Grusha rules. his thing is that he’s an injured snowboarder whose career ended early who is trying desperately to seek way cooler than he actually is, and he only drops the facade when you ask to take a picture with him—he’s just trying be a cool early to mid-20s guy like an ice type gym leader Should Be but he’s a dork

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, I legitimately thought Grusha was a girl until just now (but then again I didn’t pay attention to a lot of the preview material or remember the game using any specific pronouns for him)

But yeah, he’s great regardless (there are very few characters in this game I don’t care for come to think of it)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 20, 2022

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Grusha rules. his thing is that he’s an injured snowboarder whose career ended early who is trying desperately to seek way cooler than he actually is, and he only drops the facade when you ask to take a picture with him—he’s just trying be a cool early to mid-20s guy like an ice type gym leader Should Be but he’s a dork

I do have sympathy for him. I look at it from the perspective if I was injured in a way that ruined my ability to do what I like most I'd be pretty pissy about it too. He's also fairly stressed out about the possibility of not measuring up as a gym leader and what that would mean for him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of gym leaders, I also like that after your second match with her Katy decides to just take off the kid gloves when it comes to future challengers (basically saying that anyone who complains that the “starter gym” has suddenly gotten tougher can suck it)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 20, 2022

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

LOL the shiny Pawniard I bred turned out to be a girl. One day this child shall have the most powerful mustache in all the land and all shall bask in her sheer splendor. Ended up naming her after the demon that haunts the Rashomon gate since it's generally androgynous.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 20, 2022

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So now that the launch brouhaha is over, is Scarlet/Violet patched to an acceptable state or should I wait a bit more? I haven't played a single Switch pokemon game (haven't played since Black and White/ORAS really) and am thinking about getting something for the holiday season. SV or Sword and Shield will give me the most "modern/fun" experience with the most QoL features? Or should I shift completely and grab Legends Arceus instead?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

So now that the launch brouhaha is over, is Scarlet/Violet patched to an acceptable state or should I wait a bit more? I haven't played a single Switch pokemon game (haven't played since Black and White/ORAS really) and am thinking about getting something for the holiday season. SV or Sword and Shield will give me the most "modern/fun" experience with the most QoL features? Or should I shift completely and grab Legends Arceus instead?

It hasn’t been patched at all but none of the glitches are particularly gamebreaking and you might not even notice anything major.

That aside, I would probably call it one of the best Pokémon games in recent years and say it’s definitely worth playing despite some minor hiccups

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Larryb posted:

It hasn’t been patched at all but none of the glitches are particularly gamebreaking and you might not even notice anything major.

That aside, I would probably call it one of the best Pokémon games in recent years and say it’s definitely worth playing despite some minor hiccups

Actually it got a 1.1 patch a little while back.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually it got a 1.1 patch a little while back.

Ah right, it hasn’t gotten anything further since then in that case (though I would not be surprised if we got some DLC in the future ala SwSh)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
There's been 1 patch that helped performance slightly. Very few outright game breaks but some nasty frame drops and slowdowns in some areas. In my time playing I had 1 game crash, no idea what caused it, just picked up a rare candy and software error. It'll depend on what your tolerance is for that kind of thing, but overall it'll hold itself together.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xtanstic posted:

Sw/Sh could probably tide you over until Scarlet and Violet get patched up a little more. However Scarlet and Violet are without a doubt much better games in many ways despite the glitches.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Even including the game jank, ScarVio blows Sword and Shield out of the water. I beat Shield in 35 hours, while it took me 75 to get to the end credits in Violet. There are tons of cool Pokémon around to catch and the freedom of just going wherever you feel like makes you feel like this is how Pokémon games should always be. At least, that’s how I feel about it. I wouldn’t want to go back to the hallways with random encounters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Xtanstic posted:

Just play Scarlet or Violet.

Yeah, it's choppy and should run better. But in nearly 100 hours I never faced anything gamebreaking or anything close to as weird as what people have shown.

For all its faults it's still the best Pokemon game in quite a while.