Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Crypt is also cake if you can get a picker to let you in. Farm hierophant's cloaks for days.

Howling stone is dicey but can be done. I guess if it isn't swarmed by necros?

Crypt can be good. The rear end in a top hat golems CH unless you keep hiero positioned in the far corner (he runs, lol). Bigly pp, but its a pain to enter/exit, the loot is lore, and a pocket cle is almost necessary. Protip: shrink+eyeball = no locked doors ever again.

HS is my jam for leveling. Did the sham to 60 in there and just finished the necro to 60 in there. But I dont farm pp there on the sham… not that you cant/shouldnt, I’m just lazy and ng/velk is so easy on the sham.
HS South cubby is my money spot on the necro tho…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

War Eagle posted:

Curious about this one because I’ve seen others mention it. Where does the money come from? I guess those things drop gems at a decent rate?

NG bugs drop gems and vendor trash like crazy. Black sapphire, diamonds, and blue diamonds are pretty common. There’s a named bug that drops crappy sellable loot, and theres the golem that drops the invis mask (if you kill all the frogs and him.)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

War Eagle posted:

How do you handle the two CHing Imperial Crypt guardians? I haven’t done crypt on P99, but on progression servers they are a bitch.

And Howling Stones has killed me so often that I’m just gonna skip that entirely!

At 60, I'm pretty sure you can prox aggro solo pull them from inside a room. Yeah, they're a pain in the rear end, but you've got torpor, so :shrug:

The howling stones comment is reasonable, and, actually, on a server with corpses it's probably a bad idea if you don't have a Necro to summon corpse just chilling.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Hibajubwa posted:

Protip: shrink+eyeball = no locked doors ever again.

What’s the trick with eyeballs and doors?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

War Eagle posted:

What’s the trick with eyeballs and doors?

You can clip through and summon the eye of zomm through things you shouldn't if you're close enough w. shrink or being a gnome

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
If you're a mage on Blue or need stalking probes (5 charge eye of Zomm), I can craft them on my cleric for anyone in need.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If you are a mage on blue and don't have a clay bracelet you are doing wrong.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

I'm a mage and I am curious as to why I would *need* a clicky for eye of zomm, since I can just cast it

I mean, instant clickies are always nice and it saves a spell slot, that's why I have an earring of everfount (i've stopped carrying bought food/water at all and usually cast gift of xev as soon as I log in, but if I ever log out with no mana I can still get water free of charge :) )

but I didn't know about being able to use it to pass locked doors, that is very cool and I will need to buy some shrinking pots because I bet it will come in useful

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Definitely bring shrink pots if you're a mage and not a gnome. Also useful to Call of the Hero people in dungeons, if you cast eye into a solid wall, the eye spawns at the dungeon entrance (with some exceptions) so you can invite and summon people that way.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Telltolin posted:

I'm a mage and I am curious as to why I would *need* a clicky for eye of zomm, since I can just cast it

I mean, instant clickies are always nice and it saves a spell slot, that's why I have an earring of everfount (i've stopped carrying bought food/water at all and usually cast gift of xev as soon as I log in, but if I ever log out with no mana I can still get water free of charge :) )

but I didn't know about being able to use it to pass locked doors, that is very cool and I will need to buy some shrinking pots because I bet it will come in useful

Clay bracelet saves a shitload of time and mana when you are the coth bitch, or you are bound in PoM and are trying to hammer regularly.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
got a bit of time in my hands for the first time in ages so thought i'd give green a whirl. In as Qwibble the enchanter if anyone wants to group or throw a starter weapon my way

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
Ugh, this thread made me reinstall about a week ago. I can already feel the slide into unemployment and being left to die alone beginning.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I have been sitting in the tunnel in EC the past week, looking at the auctions and occasionally porting the odd straggler, until today I said gently caress it and took my necro to Warsliks Woods. There were two bards chatting in OOC - turns out they both just restarted playing today after a year of absence.

The world is a gently caress. Gonna get that necro to 60

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Currently have a 35 monk and 35 Necro in Mines of Nurga (Blue server) that are slowly soloing to 40.

If anyone has an alt in the 24-39 range, I'm down to duo. The zone has a Raiders of the Lost Ark feel to it, except instead of snakes it's full of goblins.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Currently have a 35 monk and 35 Necro in Mines of Nurga (Blue server) that are slowly soloing to 40.

If anyone has an alt in the 24-39 range, I'm down to duo. The zone has a Raiders of the Lost Ark feel to it, except instead of snakes it's full of goblins.

Oh my necro is nearly 28 and the brutes are really safe xp but that sounds a nice place to graduate to, can't think of the last time I've been down the mines

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Meatgrinder posted:

Oh my necro is nearly 28 and the brutes are really safe xp but that sounds a nice place to graduate to, can't think of the last time I've been down the mines

I did the same thing until 34/35. Brutes are a great camp.

Here's a guide to the camp Im currently at. https://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblin_Tunnel

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Meatgrinder posted:

They're good money as well, I farmed a whole tinkerer bag there (great for monks)

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I did the same thing until 34/35. Brutes are a great camp.

Here's a guide to the camp Im currently at. https://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblin_Tunnel

Oh that looks good once I get 34 for pet / root / new spells, sounds like a bit of a challenge.

an iksar marauder posted:

They're good money as well, I farmed a whole tinkerer bag there (great for monks)

Yeah I did it on my monk a long time ago, though I feel like things were different back then - I remember a wanderer that seems to be missing now and they're not social / aggro but I thought they were, could just be me though, I'm hazy about most of it.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Meatgrinder posted:

Oh that looks good once I get 34 for pet / root / new spells, sounds like a bit of a challenge.

I've just been face tanking everything while my pet assists. Haven't needed to fear kite anything yet, the goblins don't have a ton of hps.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I've just been face tanking everything while my pet assists. Haven't needed to fear kite anything yet, the goblins don't have a ton of hps.

And you're just powering through the casters / healers? Was reading the guide and it suggested breaking LoS by root rotting.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 31, 2022

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Pretty much yeah. With the exception of blightcallers (shaman) and rockchanters (cleric), they all go down pretty quickly

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Just a word of warning if you are planning to do the Chardok faction quests, dont kill the goblin traitor or whatever his name is because its a pretty heavy faction hit.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Is there still a reliable website or Discord that tracks EC auctions or has a lifefeed of them?

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Meatgrinder posted:

Is there still a reliable website or Discord that tracks EC auctions or has a lifefeed of them?

Yeah, TunnelQuest works well. I think its the same guy that used to do that twitch stream.

https://discord.gg/pHKFKmud

Has a pretty useful tracker bot, you can have it send you messages when a specific item is being auctioned.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Bybus Slago posted:

Yeah, TunnelQuest works well. I think its the same guy that used to do that twitch stream.

https://discord.gg/pHKFKmud

Has a pretty useful tracker bot, you can have it send you messages when a specific item is being auctioned.

Fantastic, thanks

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Are you allowed to log off if you summon a pet called "Laser"?

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
I got a Laser pup on my shaman in CoM once and it was painful to leave him!

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I will not stand for this Goner erasure.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I will not stand for this Goner erasure.

Been trying to remember this one all morning since Laser was posted, thank you.

Goner mess up and pull some adds? We call that "pulling a boner Goner."

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Meatgrinder posted:

https://unixgeek.com/last-week-project1999.html

That's a good summary of historical prices as well.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Hibajubwa posted:

Crypt can be good. The rear end in a top hat golems CH unless you keep hiero positioned in the far corner (he runs, lol). Bigly pp, but its a pain to enter/exit, the loot is lore, and a pocket cle is almost necessary. Protip: shrink+eyeball = no locked doors ever again.

There's not an easy way to get Eyeballs as a Shaman is there? I'm not buying Holgresh Elder beads, and I don't see anything else with that effect.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I can make you a bag full of stalking probes if you want.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Last patch broke the "your spell has worn off" messages. Never knew how unplayable this game would be without them, geez. Hope they fix that real soon.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Meatgrinder posted:

Last patch broke the "your spell has worn off" messages. Never knew how unplayable this game would be without them, geez. Hope they fix that real soon.

You can try nparse or Gina for external spell timers.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I decided to jump in on green, and made a human paladin, Edrickk. Just like how I did back in 1999. This is great. I'm not above asking for free poo poo this time, though. Anyone have anything wasting in their inventory they wouldn't mind offloading to me?

Node fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 20, 2022

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Node posted:

I decided to jump in on green, and made a human paladin, Edrickk. Just like how I did back in 1999. This is great. I'm not above asking for free poo poo this time, though. Anyone have anything wasting in their inventory they wouldn't mind offloading to me?

Since you are an idiot human you have no choice but to acquire a guardian robe now. You Fool!

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

Node posted:

I also just started a fresh character on green and would happily take any shaman donations!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

You guys should group together.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

Pillow Armadillo posted:

You guys should group together.

Probably lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU