Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have a weakness for the amount of mobility a dueling sword gives the psyker. It's really zippy the amount of slide you can do while doing the 'tide horde foursquare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Grognan posted:

I have a weakness for the amount of mobility a dueling sword gives the psyker. It's really zippy the amount of slide you can do while doing the 'tide horde foursquare.

Same! It just feels perfect to be as mobile and lethal as it allows. The Force Sword is nifty, but it's not my play style at all.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Grognan posted:

with the bleed stacks on grenade I figure that will kickstart ogryn and zealot talents.
I pug Malice and I thought I'd try the grenade perks including giving the bleed on grenade feat a spin, was like oh yeah, I'm not getting enough nades for me to spam but that's probably because it's only Malice and the Elite count is still fairly low, and then went back to the psykhanium and saw that the bleed feat it does sweet gently caress all for damage. So yeah, of course I'm going to use Sniper, Bio-optic Targeting and Deadshot with my Kantrael mk XII or Accatan mk II that sets thing on fire with crits.

If I was playing with a group of mates that would benefit, I'd reconsider, but all my mates own dinosaur computers.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 20, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

There are times where this game just absolutely nails it. You hit those perfect runs where poo poo is crazy and you just barely make it out with your lives.

Even with all the warts, those runs make it all worth it. If they can get some of the other poo poo out of the way so I can enjoy more of those runs, I'm going to be putting in a ridiculous amount of hours into this game.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The devs really love their pox hounds. Not only are at least two missions tagged with the Hunting Grounds flag for extra hounds, there's also a global condition for extra pox hounds on every map.

I still haven't even seen a map with the flag for dark conditions.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Is that what the gently caress is going on? I got out of a crazy Heresy mission a few mins ago and I was literally using the flamethrower against hounds they were coming in so thick. I commented in chat at one point, "did a hound make this map?"

That and whatever modifier was causing hordes to just constantly slow trickle in from behind was brutal.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

poo poo, I thought it was my internet connection. I was having a ton of input problems over the last week or so.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

There are times where this game just absolutely nails it. You hit those perfect runs where poo poo is crazy and you just barely make it out with your lives.

Even with all the warts, those runs make it all worth it. If they can get some of the other poo poo out of the way so I can enjoy more of those runs, I'm going to be putting in a ridiculous amount of hours into this game.

If you get the chance, try playing one of the assassination missions on heresy + lights out.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ZombyDog posted:

I pug Malice and I thought I'd try the grenade perks including giving the bleed on grenade feat a spin, was like oh yeah, I'm not getting enough nades for me to spam but that's probably because it's only Malice and the Elite count is still fairly low, and then went back to the psykhanium and saw that the bleed feat it does sweet gently caress all for damage. So yeah, of course I'm going to use Sniper, Bio-optic Targeting and Deadshot with my Kantrael mk XII or Accatan mk II that sets thing on fire with crits.

If I was playing with a group of mates that would benefit, I'd reconsider, but all my mates own dinosaur computers.
The grenade bleed more for hordes and trash mobs because it more than doubles the lethal radius of the grenade and the ones it doesn't kill are noticeably weakened to the point where you can usually finish them with a single hit.

It sounds pretty niche on paper but there are definitely times I appreciate/miss the massively increased horde clear.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Maybe I should try one of those Hunting Ground modified missions to get that kill a Pouncing Pox Hound with a Brain Burst penance.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Also feels like the contracts are not updating either, ive played like at least 10 missions yesterday and today since reset and had zero progess

kinda wish theyd gift all our rejects 5k melk bux or something, i actually lost the 1k bonus at reset the other day because my 15th.mission didnt count and i forgot to check 😑

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Which perk should I refine? It's for Zealot and I mostly pull it out to mag dump into Crushers and Bulwarks, occasionally sniping shooters.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
^^Probably the crit damage.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

get carapace armor dmg bonus

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Jerkface posted:

Also feels like the contracts are not updating either, ive played like at least 10 missions yesterday and today since reset and had zero progess

kinda wish theyd gift all our rejects 5k melk bux or something, i actually lost the 1k bonus at reset the other day because my 15th.mission didnt count and i forgot to check 😑
You actually need to check your contracts after finishing them all to get credited for the 1k bonus for some reason! It's really obvious if you pay attention to how much melkcoins you have you'll notice it jumps up by 1k the moment you check on your contracts.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I asked someone who's been diving into the code and apparently when "nearby" or "close range" is referenced in blessings and such it's 15 meters.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Insert name here posted:

You actually need to check your contracts after finishing them all to get credited for the 1k bonus for some reason! It's really obvious if you pay attention to how much melkcoins you have you'll notice it jumps up by 1k the moment you check on your contracts.

Similarly, unless it got fixed in the latest patch, you also need to check it at the start of a new week before you'll start getting credited with progress toward any contracts.

Edit:

skaianDestiny posted:

I asked someone who's been diving into the code and apparently when "nearby" or "close range" is referenced in blessings and such it's 15 meters.

If so, that would make autoguns with the "immunity to ranged for 0.X seconds after a close range kill" super potent. I haven't really given them a shot, so can anybody else confirm?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Arc Light posted:

If so, that would make autoguns with the "immunity to ranged for 0.X seconds after a close range kill" super potent. I haven't really given them a shot, so can anybody else confirm?

IIRC it's not actual immunity to ranged damage it's instead they lose tracking of you as if you dodged. Still pretty powerful if you keep moving.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Arc Light posted:

Similarly, unless it got fixed in the latest patch, you also need to check it at the start of a new week before you'll start getting credited with progress toward any contracts.

Edit:

I got one from an Emp gift with 20% flak / 20% unyielding to go with the close range immunity, and combined with highlighting shooters/refreshing on shooter kill for volley fire, and 75% ranged DR during volleyfire, you basically become Doomguy even without perfect rolls. Toughness over time from elite kills on top of that and if you play even semi-competently it's pretty easy to keep yourself topped off while you murder every single elite on screen. Running malice with it to get crafting mats just feels like bullying.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I think everyone in Lights Out ought to get stronger flashlights while the gun lights are still the strongest because watching the lights whip around when everything goes to hell is so good.

Fishstick posted:

USB foot pedals are a thing, are cheap, and can be bound to any arbitrary keyboard or mouse input or macro

Just fyi if you wanna complete the experience

gently caress, I'm suddenly considering setting up my G27 pedals as keybinds or xinputs or something and using them for something dumb an fun. Stomp down on the gas to charge? Hit the clutch to rev my chainsword?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Its sick in lights out when a bomber grenade or oil barrel goes off and lights up the entire place.

Also loving sick is i didnt realize the dreg gunners have phosphorescent paint on their face that glows in lights out. Unlike the moebian 6th guys who clearly have lit up face goggles its not super obvious in the non lights out.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Bleh, every time i start the game up and check the mission terminal only to see that there are no Heresy difficulty maps to pick from that dont have annoying modifiers, i just shut the game off and do something else. Not being able to pick which mission you want to play is a massive pain in the rear end.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BombiTheZombie posted:

Bleh, every time i start the game up and check the mission terminal only to see that there are no Heresy difficulty maps to pick from that dont have annoying modifiers, i just shut the game off and do something else. Not being able to pick which mission you want to play is a massive pain in the rear end.

Yep we got burned by this again last night. Completed a mission, then after that mission the only ones left were either annoying modifiers, a mission with NO modifiers, or the same mission we just did but with scriptures (which we all needed). We just decided to play the mission with no modifiers because doing the same mission again twice in a row sucks and gently caress high-intensity forever and ever. Just such a spectacularly lovely system.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Finally saw a hound mission, but it was a max difficulty one. I decided to say "gently caress it" and gave it a shot.

We were all mauled to death by dogs in about 5 minutes.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

BombiTheZombie posted:

It's incredibly frustrating. Just let us pick the hazard bonus and mutator difficulty and modifier for any map.

It's cool to have global events I guess but "oops all dogs" isn't that fun or interesting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BombiTheZombie posted:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

BombiTheZombie posted:

This is a huge part of what made me put the game down for a while.

I’ll be back but I suspect it will be around feb or March. Hopefully after a meaningful content update.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I don't mind the random selection, I just wish it updated more often and had more variety. Having one mutator at a time is no fun.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
They didn't even call it "dogpile."

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Pennsylvanian posted:

They didn't even call it "dogpile."

Howlin' for you

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Typical Pubbie posted:

I don't mind the random selection, I just wish it updated more often and had more variety. Having one mutator at a time is no fun.

I would mind it less if they changed up every half hour or so, but it'd still be worse than just letting you pick whatever you wanted like DRG or VT2

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like the laspistol a bunch, wish theyd give it more ammo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My friend playing Vet in our group refuses to not take the camoflauge feat and our Psyker deals the brunt of it, it's pretty annoying but I don't have the heart to tell the guy to take a different goddamn feat because we all suffer from it. Like I guess it's helpful when he can use a control panel without getting mobbed but he's usually too busy sniping things from outside of coherency while I'm the one paying attention and running around trying to do the objectives as soon as possible. :argh:

Coincidentally, the only time I've ever completed Heresy was with a group of randos using no communication whatsoever, lol.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The camo perk is OP especially if you dont play selfishly. Example, stand just infront of your team at a choke and hack apart everything rushing past you to get to your teammates with your powersword. Or stand somewhere close to your team like ontop of a box and clear all shooters without worrying about being mobbed by melee.

Honestly if youre saying your psyker is getting owned and you think the vet should be getting owned instead i think your team has a fundamental misconception of roles on the team. Why is your zealot or ogryn not getting owned or why isn't the psyker crowd controlling

Also also if your vet is standing outside of coherency their camo perk wont be active

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

explosivo posted:

My friend playing Vet in our group refuses to not take the camoflauge feat and our Psyker deals the brunt of it, it's pretty annoying but I don't have the heart to tell the guy to take a different goddamn feat because we all suffer from it. Like I guess it's helpful when he can use a control panel without getting mobbed but he's usually too busy sniping things from outside of coherency while I'm the one paying attention and running around trying to do the objectives as soon as possible. :argh:

Coincidentally, the only time I've ever completed Heresy was with a group of randos using no communication whatsoever, lol.

That sounds like a problem with your friend and not the perk lol. I think the only time camo actually applies to me is when I'm doing objectives because otherwise it's chainsword o'clock, or you're moving around to dodge shots while firing back.

Maybe they should make like a guardsman and fix bayonets every once in a while.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

That sounds like a problem with your friend and not the perk lol. I think the only time camo actually applies to me is when I'm doing objectives because otherwise it's chainsword o'clock, or you're moving around to dodge shots while firing back.

Maybe they should make like a guardsman and fix bayonets every once in a while.

Hm well yeah I think my friend playing Psyker is also kind of bad and is usually out of coherency flailing around trying to make room for himself so that might be part of it too. Idk it just felt like once he unlocked that ability we all started taking a lot more damage but maybe not.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ok, ok, I'm coming around on the Maul. It's not gonna replace my Bull Cleaver as my main weapon, but I clicked enough with it after a couple of runs that I'll probably swap to it every now and then when I want to mix things up.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

explosivo posted:

Hm well yeah I think my friend playing Psyker is also kind of bad and is usually out of coherency flailing around trying to make room for himself so that might be part of it too.

This is enough to die tbh. They need to stay in coherency and they should be better off

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

explosivo posted:

I was big on camo for awhile, but the 75% ranged reduction is absolutely loving king. Just zapping ranged hordes with impunity on Counterfire so the team can charge in is awesome. Most fun way to play imho, and with gunner damage on Heresy+ I know its helpful to the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dandywalken posted:

I was big on camo for awhile, but the 75% ranged reduction is absolutely loving king. Just zapping ranged hordes with impunity on Counterfire so the team can charge in is awesome. Most fun way to play imho, and with gunner damage on Heresy+ I know its helpful to the team.

Yeah I've been doing the ranged reduction more now that I have counterfire, it's really good to be able to just walk into the bullets and mow down enemies. Truly the spirit of the Heavy Weapons Guy lives inside us all.