Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Stoatbringer posted:

I will abide by the results of the poll.

If they're the right results.

He was probably expecting just to get an ego boost out of it after getting his feelings hurt a week ago, and have the results prove that the Chappelle performance was all just a bad fluke. But what he got instead was his second big reminder that he is in fact viewed as an enormous rear end in a top hat by tons of people, and this probably has been eating him alive .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I can't believe known shitposter Leon Musk went back on his promise to quit his job if the internet voted hard enough. He said!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you want the tweets? you want the tweets?!?!? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TWEETS!!

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

I will accept the election results if I win.

Gee I wonder who Muskrat voted for…

You're making the very big assumption that Lemon votes, period.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I see people tweet TSLA charts at him, do we think we're going to get a public breakdown where he bans all these accounts and decides to justify it in a tweet?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Hobo Clown posted:

I can't believe known shitposter Leon Musk went back on his promise to quit his job if the internet voted hard enough. He said!

What kills me is that he *himself* made the poll, promised publicly to stand by it, and then very publicly didn’t. It’s like he’s taped a rake to his shoe at tho point.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GOD drat IT!"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605219914813673473?s=20&t=PrcFVvqAcjkgHX6puPK7ng

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
This is a fall from grace comparable to GOT in the hivemind

Epic

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

BUT HUNTER BIDEN!!!11

no one gives a poo poo, everyone knew this in 2020, we're not going to care now.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

like I'm reading that poo poo

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

There was another one yesterday? Hahaha, oh my God, that went under everyone's radar. Musk wants so badly to be seen as a hero for exposing "THE TRUTH" and instead most of us are just laughing at him justifiably as he makes fuckup after fuckup.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

BigglesSWE posted:

I have to say, the fact that Elon sulked for hours after the poll HE HIMSELF FORMULATED AND POSTED finished with a result he didn’t like, only for him to furiously ignoring the implications of it while stating that actually now polls will only be legit for those with subscriptions….good heavens what a tool :allears:

I’m honestly flabbergasted at how stupid he is at this point. He seriously proclaim and do things without a second of forethought. He must think that every big corporation works like this. Like, I bet he thinks that McDonald’s acquired “I’m lovin’ it” as a slogan on a whim by the genius decision of Ronald himself, rather than the result of months of testing, lawyering and focus grouping by untold numbers of employees.

Well that's what he gets for being an apartheid baby raised on Rand-esque bullshit.

Like someone else said, we've seen someone else do this "well the polls were rigged" bullshit. And funnily enough, that same big wet boy also didn't like having to defer to expertise.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why does the ex-CEO of Twitter still have access to private information?

Interesting

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Man the future documentaries of this trainwreck are gonna be lit.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did they get some other rear end in a top hat to do these twitter files posts because the last one pissed Musk off?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

I love the fact that one of the creators of Rick And Morty was revealed in the texts to Musk being like "YEAH ELON BUY TWITTER OWN THE LIBZ!" and then when he did, Elmo stopped following him because Musk realized how bad he hosed up. I bet he's secretly blaming folks like Justin Roiland and Joe Rogan for "pushing him into this".

Rick and Morty is a terrible show run by terrible people with a pretty terrible fanbase, no wonder it's a hit :v:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

I love the fact that one of the creators of Rick And Morty was revealed in the texts to Musk being like "YEAH ELON BUY TWITTER OWN THE LIBZ!" and then when he did, Elmo stopped following him because Musk realized how bad he hosed up. I bet he's secretly blaming folks like Justin Roiland and Joe Rogan for "pushing him into this".

Haha what in the world

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kw0134 posted:

BUT HUNTER BIDEN!!!11

no one gives a poo poo, everyone knew this in 2020, we're not going to care now.

Its not even that: Bringing up Hunter Biden and then ignoring that there was much, much worse corruption in the White House at the same time that was news by the very people Musk courts right now is irony.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
A reminder that Elon Musk has a US government security clearance and is CEO of a company that contracts with the DoD.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Slotducks posted:

He's profoundly stupid and equally as pathetic.

Any hanger-on to the cult of Elon Musk that you or any of us personally know should be ashamed, ridiculed, and outcast accordingly as anyone with half a loving braincell should see right through how loving stupid elon is.

This guy I know and have to talk to at length on a regular basis has an insidious tendency to thread little ~oPiNiOnS~ into his monologues on whatever subject, and then just skip on to the next point so there's no time to get a word in edgewise or call him on it. But lately he's been doing this all the time with Elon.

Subject: opsec/not publishing your home address
"Yeah ultimately you want to be able to get packages delivered at your house; that's just way easier, and there's no real downside. The only reason I still have that UPS Store mailbox is to get big packages or valuable things that I want to be sure someone is there to sign for; you don't want someone just leaving that by your front door or in the rain or whatever. But you still don't want to just be broadcasting your address to anyone who wants to dig for it. Domain names have your address on them, that sort of thing. Some crazy person can look you up from a whois and then you have to wonder whether they'll show up at your door. And that's why it's important for people not to be able to track the plane you're on. Anyway I'd say let's go ahead and cancel that one mailbox we have, and get the cars registered at address A —"

Just loving maddening

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Man the future documentaries of this trainwreck are gonna be lit.

Well Spitting Image are gonna have to update the song when it gets to the $8 Mini Apartheid part of this shitshow
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64bid6

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Yep. I'm back on my pet theory. A Saudi prince held a gun to his head (literal or not, take your pick) and told him they want ROI on the Hunter hack-and-dump and he's scrambling to deliver.

Musk is a dumb shithead, but there are bad actors at play with actual plans in motion.

I do enjoy the proclamation that there were payments and then there's no evidence of payments.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Withnail posted:

A reminder that Elon Musk has a US government security clearance and is CEO of a company that contracts with the DoD.

And there's a pretty good chance that all this going down is going to have effects on that, Musk might well gently caress up SpaceX's ability to handle DoD contracts out of all of this.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

ruddiger posted:

Haha what in the world

A bit more context:

quote:

A lot of big names have been coming out of the chats that went viral. When Musk announced his interest in Twitter and eventually acquired a share, he got plenty of messages from business tycoons and many other famous personalities. Some of the names include Jack Dorsey (founder of Twitter), Larry Ellison (Founder of Oracle), Mathias Döpfner (CEO of Axel Springer), and several others.

However, there was one person who was not from a similar background even though he went extremely happy knowing Elon Musk was going to buy Twitter. That person was none other than the co-creator of Rick and Morty, Justin Roiland.

His text said, “I loving love that you are majority owner of Twitter.” He texted this on April 6, 2022. Later on, he also pitched an identity verification service that one of his friends run. Musk declined, stating that he could not make any adjustments since he only controlled 9% of Twitter.

I love that last sentence there, yeah Musk sure hasn't been making any adjustments since he took over :v:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think they haven’t realized Benghazi and her emails worked because it was Hilary Clinton, not the other way around.

They even tried to nail Obama with Benghazi originally and it didn’t work

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1604990858042159104

Rugg pull

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
It’s crazy how Justin Roiland immediately went from a weirdo bedroom animator to a sellout capitalist the moment he got big.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Musk really is the new Trump, right down to us being inundated with Discourse from every breath he takes.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

the contract to buy Twitter is gonna be studied for decades because iirc it was the most insanely seller friendly contract anyone has seen in a very long time

Like there was one escape clause but it was so narrow as to be functionally irrelevant

It’s not really that uncommon to see a specific performance clause in a purchase agreement. It’s just that, you know, in a multi-billion dollar LBO, generally the buyers don’t put the bid together in a narcissistic drug-fueled haze and they actually intend to close on the thing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
every tweet you make
every doge you stake
every hunter pic
every massive dick
i'll be 🤣ing you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol his bitch-rear end really is just gonna try and no sell that poll.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

boom! epic sauce

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Decon posted:

Yep. I'm back on my pet theory. A Saudi prince held a gun to his head (literal or not, take your pick) and told him they want ROI on the Hunter hack-and-dump and he's scrambling to deliver.

Musk is a dumb shithead, but there are bad actors at play with actual plans in motion.

I do enjoy the proclamation that there were payments and then there's no evidence of payments.

Not everything is a conspiracy

Sometimes people are just major dumbasses who go on insane drug binges and buy major social media platforms without any guardrails

It's much more likely he's just an alt-right racist who now owns a major platform. Usually the simplest explanation is the right one

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MJeff posted:

Lol his bitch-rear end really is just gonna try and no sell that poll.

He's using the same strategy as his parenting: ignore it until it goes away

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it was all bots.
And if it wasn't bots, it was the FBI coming after me.
And if it wasn't the FBI, I didn't mean it
And if I did, I was just playing puppetmaster.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Not everything is a conspiracy

Sometimes people are just major dumbasses who go on insane drug binges and buy major social media platforms without any guardrails

Not everything is a conspiracy and I don't mean to sound like I'm discounting the entirely real possibility that it is nothing more than a giant pissbaby being a giant pissbaby.... but when Russian and Saudi money backs an objectively bad purchase financially? It makes things stink badly of ulterior motives.

Also, multiple things can be true at once. An unimpeded Adderall (or other amphetamine) binge isn't mutually exclusive with "we're keeping you out of financial ruin so you can X, Y, and Z for us".

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

He was probably expecting just to get an ego boost out of it after getting his feelings hurt a week ago, and have the results prove that the Chappelle performance was all just a bad fluke. But what he got instead was his second big reminder that he is in fact viewed as an enormous rear end in a top hat by tons of people, and this probably has been eating him alive .

He totally saw that poll a follower did (whose posts would only be seen by the Musk-sycophantosphere) that was way in his favor, and assumed that he could just do the same thing on a larger scale with the same results.

And now he's backpedaling in the most bitchmade way possible.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Decon posted:

Not everything is a conspiracy and I don't mean to sound like I'm discounting the entirely real possibility that it is nothing more than a giant pissbaby being a giant pissbaby.... but when Russian and Saudi money backs an objectively bad purchase financially? It makes things stink badly of ulterior motives.

Also, multiple things can be true at once. An unimpeded Adderall (or other amphetamine) binge isn't mutually exclusive with "we're keeping you out of financial ruin so you can X, Y, and Z for us".

Proof of a conspiracy would be helpful, until such drops its better to believe its just coincidence.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Twitter is a small part of his fortune, even with the tens of billions he's put into it. If Twitter dies he's still a massively wealthy person, until Tesla itself falls off the cliff like it should (and we're talking about sub $50s) he's got more resources than many governments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

How do people still think this man is anything but an absolute joke