Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

OH! YAY! I am def. going to get that lovey present now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I think I had 70k at one point last week from all the holiday rewards. I miss all that stamina.

Fingers crossed the community center succeeds today. I’ve found 3 more Gold Feathers since complaining about it and spent so much time exploring. I’m not holding out hope though.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I’m sitting in 5 mil stamina at the moment

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yeah

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

God I can't wait to get to that point

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Upcoming

quote:

CHRISTMAS EVENT: DEC 21 through DEC 28
- Enjoy +15% Skill XP, +15% Silver at market and +10% Mastery
- Meals will be allowed during the event as well
- Manual fishing will result in 2-3 more fish per catch
- A new Questline to help you reach the new fishing zone will be available
- The level 90 fishing zone, Glacier Lake, along with 10 new fish!
- A new Redbrook Adventure will be available as well
- The rest of Santa's Reindeer will be possible to find

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm kind of amused that Fishing lagged behind my other skills for quite some time, and getting it from 50 to 60 was like pulling teeth, but now it's going to be my first 99 with ease from spamming thousands of nets on Large Island for silver. (Farming 82, Crafting 86, Exploring 78 so far.)

Jill's corn fetish continues to multiply, as does Captain Thomas's "give me a shitton of everything growable" obsession. 300 Bacon will take a couple more days of pig-stuffing to enable.

Any other of the early pets particularly useful? I have Cobalt Tarantula, Banded Armadillo (which is tempting for Magna Quartz generation) Emperor Penguin and Pet Rock available.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

delfin posted:

I'm kind of amused that Fishing lagged behind my other skills for quite some time, and getting it from 50 to 60 was like pulling teeth, but now it's going to be my first 99 with ease from spamming thousands of nets on Large Island for silver. (Farming 82, Crafting 86, Exploring 78 so far.)

Jill's corn fetish continues to multiply, as does Captain Thomas's "give me a shitton of everything growable" obsession. 300 Bacon will take a couple more days of pig-stuffing to enable.

Any other of the early pets particularly useful? I have Cobalt Tarantula, Banded Armadillo (which is tempting for Magna Quartz generation) Emperor Penguin and Pet Rock available.

Get your Python to six, you'll need the Skull Coins for Pirate's Cove. Save Pet Rock till last and you want something to spend coin on.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wish I knew there was a Christmas event before I threw 6K nets into a stupid squid and octopus mastery.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
If I can ever get all my gold feathers my fishing 78 may catch up to my crafting 90. It should easily beat farming 82 and exploring 76. I don’t even think my luck is that bad, it’s just a lot of exploring on my budget still. Whispering Creek is going to get unlocked before the Island for sure now.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

obi_ant posted:

Wish I knew there was a Christmas event before I threw 6K nets into a stupid squid and octopus mastery.

There has been an event for every holiday or festive period or anniversary or game milestone, so that one is on you my dude.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Remember that this event is a good opportunity to buy the 1b crop row, which will give you 1.15b farming xp. Might push you close to 99, probably enable a higher crop for grape juice too.

Wanted to send you gold feathers but they require farming 99 to receive.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
You’re all the jolliest assholes this side of the nuthouse. I got the tower unlocked and leveled to 10 with help from yinz and that help request that gave 35 geckos, huzzah

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tower 74 and I'm broke as hell, bring on the new fishing area.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Definitely a slow day here. My two main questlines are waiting for tomorrow for bacon to render, so it's corn and hops and fish all around. Maybe I'll finally pound out all those miscellaneous veggies for Captain Thomas.

My Python will hit level 6 today, which is something.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yes I’m patiently waiting for the new fishing zone quest tomorrow so not really doing much other that saving up large nets for now. I suppose I might work on that 4th Judland quest if I can be arsed.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Anyone looking for Runestone 11, the current corn quiz hands out 10 of them.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Is there a real strategy that will get me more soap? I've heard throwing three new fully-equipped raptors into fightclub would get me more but I haven't tested. As it stands, I have a ton of unused claws because it sounded like making a mega-raptor just ends up with harder fights and less soap?

Also I'm at Tower Level 63 with 700AK, so just enough to get the improved nets in time for the new zone.... Too bad I need like 25b silver to do so.

delfin posted:

My Python will hit level 6 today, which is something.
Hey that's ~12 coins a day, so you might finish the quest during the event

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 20, 2022

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Tahirovic posted:

Remember that this event is a good opportunity to buy the 1b crop row, which will give you 1.15b farming xp. Might push you close to 99, probably enable a higher crop for grape juice too.

Wanted to send you gold feathers but they require farming 99 to receive.

Appreciate the thought, but the community center came through for me yesterday. Good info on the crop row XP, I’m nearly to another 1b and was trying to decide what to spend it on. I have this and pets to level, but I should be able to crank out another couple to get them all in a week I’d guess.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd you have 1b just lying around, getting the kitchen before farming 99 is a good chunk of xp - not as useful as the crop row or even raptor pen, but better than waiting till you're 99 and voiding the xp.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

obi_ant posted:

They've been teasing it all month. I'm super oblivious and even I saw it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Will the new fishing zone go straight to live or will it be beta?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ineptitude posted:

Will the new fishing zone go straight to live or will it be beta?

Looks like it's going to be straight to live.

FWIW I also missed the signs for a Christmas event, but I've been hoarding both OJ and LNs out of sheer laziness. Score one for procrastination, I guess?

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
The Large Net x10 upgrade is live now too.

I'm hoping the quest for the new fishing zone isn't too harsh but it probably is.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Atoramos posted:

Hey that's ~12 coins a day, so you might finish the quest during the event

Maybe. I need to grind out Herbs first to even get that far, which are very Gold Leafy in their drop rate.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I burned several hundred k stamina yesterday (and I am at 150k stored with 0 oj left.) Also hit several hundred Arnold Palmers. Thankfully I'm at max inventory large nets, burning them as I make them to prevent voiding. Hopefully it's not super dumb.

Got 4 raptor eggs yesterday. Plus 2 more from a quest. 0 claws.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

delfin posted:

Maybe. I need to grind out Herbs first to even get that far, which are very Gold Leafy in their drop rate.

gently caress Herbs. Tiny drop rates and you need so many of them at once.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Philouza posted:

The Large Net x10 upgrade is live now too.

I'm hoping the quest for the new fishing zone isn't too harsh but it probably is.

I just know they're going to ask for 500 Orange Geckos, they love to ask for those, maybe some Spiked Shells just to keep us on our feet

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Ahhh, that fishing net upgrade is much better.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Wondering if I should wait until the event to buy the 100B crop row. The extra XP is surely never going to matter, right?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
It'll get added to your Exchange but you probably have enough banked EXP for it not to ever matter.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

At my current rate, if I didn't get any more XP starting today, I'd use up my banked XP by 2073. Which is why I'm concerned that maybe somewhere down the line there's going to be another use for it because it's something everyone is accumulating.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

Ahhh, that fishing net upgrade is much better.

Wow is it ever, worth every G.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xerol posted:

Wondering if I should wait until the event to buy the 100B crop row. The extra XP is surely never going to matter, right?

At this rate you're talking about waiting 24 hours, which is effectively 0 so why not?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I thought it wasn't until the 21st, and then I checked the calendar. Unrelatedly I need to go and...not do christmas shopping.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oh look, Arnold Palmers for 500x Eggs in the exchange store.

:negative:

Xerol posted:

I thought it wasn't until the 21st, and then I checked the calendar. Unrelatedly I need to go and...not do christmas shopping.

Definitely not. I definitely didn't just drop our christmas cards in the mail this morning. Nope.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Xerol posted:

The bonus' start tonight, and the event stuff starts tomorrow.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

koshmar posted:

I just know they're going to ask for 500 Orange Geckos, they love to ask for those, maybe some Spiked Shells just to keep us on our feet

I wonder if it'll require a huge amount of gold fish...to coincide with manual fishing resulting in 2-3 more fish during the event

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

monkeytennis posted:

Wow is it ever, worth every G.

Now do apple ciders and Arnold palmers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Exploring 80 at last! Jundland Desert (which came with a suspicious warning about a sandwyrm), a few new craftables, and my first Raptor Egg.