Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Memnaelar posted:

BattleCON is the game that eventually saw me swear off 1v1 dueling games. If I can't get anyone to play my MOUNTAINS of BattleCON with me, what's the point of buying any lesser games?

I backed unleashed to play with my spouse. Got a divorce before fulfillment :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

jivjov posted:

I also backed it to play with this goon’s spouse.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

BattleCON is the game that eventually saw me swear off 1v1 dueling games. If I can't get anyone to play my MOUNTAINS of BattleCON with me, what's the point of buying any lesser games?

Well...you might be able to get people to play those. BattleCON, while unquestionably the best, is kinda intimidating and since there's no random factor (a plus in my book, but...) it really puts newbies at a disadvantage.

That said I've also largely sworn off 1v1 games because I just don't have one other person playing with me most of the time and when I do I mostly want to be cooperating with them.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I still haven’t opened my boxes of Sakura Arms. The completionism bug is a cruel mistress. I think I’m pretty much done in getting 1v1 fighting card games tho, since I pretty much have all of them.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I mostly play 1v1 games because I don't have enough friends, so stuff like BattleCON, Tash-Kalar, Summoner Wars are extremely my jam.

My copy of Theurgy showed up the other day and while I really enjoyed the games of it I played pre-KS I'm now wondering how to get enough people together to have an actual game of it now I own it.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

Doesn't fit as a thread title, unfortunately.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

jivjov posted:

Just got my shipping notification for a bunch of Level99 games stuff -- the Empyreal mini expansion, BattleCON errata, MB errata, the Grand Chronicle book.... it's nice

Me too, shipping to the wrong address because I don’t recall any updates it was coming soon :saddowns:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Michael Kelley of the One Stop Co-Op Shop has developed a few solo variants for some 1v1 games if you’re into that kinda thing. Just check the BGG pages for BattleCON, Exceed, Sakura Arms, Radlands, Super Fantasy Brawl, etc. I think there are a few more, he usually posts runthroughs on his YouTube channel.

Edit: Ah, here’s a playlist of all of them:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrSwu7NfI3qc5NL_6ujx0XRWPBbo8hKYA

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Tekopo posted:

I still haven’t opened my boxes of Sakura Arms. The completionism bug is a cruel mistress. I think I’m pretty much done in getting 1v1 fighting card games tho, since I pretty much have all of them.

I at least set mine up and consolidated them into a single box! Ive managed to force people to play pixel tactics and I think I can get away with this. One of my friends is really REALLY into Exceed so I can probably trick him into playing :thunk:

JazzFlight posted:

Michael Kelley of the One Stop Co-Op Shop has developed a few solo variants for some 1v1 games if you’re into that kinda thing. Just check the BGG pages for BattleCON, Exceed, Sakura Arms, Radlands, Super Fantasy Brawl, etc. I think there are a few more, he usually posts runthroughs on his YouTube channel.

Edit: Ah, here’s a playlist of all of them:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrSwu7NfI3qc5NL_6ujx0XRWPBbo8hKYA

ohh cool thanks!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

potatocubed posted:

I mostly play 1v1 games because I don't have enough friends, so stuff like BattleCON, Tash-Kalar, Summoner Wars are extremely my jam.

My copy of Theurgy showed up the other day and while I really enjoyed the games of it I played pre-KS I'm now wondering how to get enough people together to have an actual game of it now I own it.

Man, I'd love to be able to find a copy of Theurgy to buy. Time to make another round on eBay and the various markets.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/hellpiercers-tactical-harrowing-action

HELLPIERCERS is a tactical TTRPG in the vein of Lancer and 4th edition about Gnostic-Ascended humans leading a campaign of infernal abolition. I've been posting about this over on twitter for the last year or so but the big bullet points are;
  • Tactical combat focused on either huge hordes of low-HP guys that combine into one big horde with a neat movement mechanic (Here's a twitter thread I wrote about it) or boss battles inspired by Good 4th Edition stuff. We have a neat mechanic similar to Bloodied that enables mid-battle transforms and stuff.
  • Strategy layer inspired by Reign's faction system, lots of GM facing mechanics that give GMs objectives besides "Kill the players" and a place to do spy stuff, logistics, exploration, etc.
  • Base Building system that encourages experimentation and lets players decide what level of complexity they want by introducing mechanics and systems as they unlock relevant buildings.
  • Tons of character customization and tinkering. Every guy is a combo of a weapon, an armor, a class, and then additional stuff like gear and weapon mods.
There's a lot more, but that's the basic jist. The setting is a world where communist humanity conquered Heaven since it was run by a false god, then used Heaven's knowledge to punch a hole into hell to finish liberating humans from unjust, cosmic, eternal terror. We've got a ton of people working on this, chances are if you've seen a Sandy Pug Games project you'll recognize someone - JN Butler from 10 MILLION HP PLANET, Leafie from Monster Care Squad, Raul Volpato from Night at the Tavern is doing pixel art tutorials, and the writing team has just about everyone in the squad doing interesting stuff.

Pre-launch page is up today, I'll be posting a preview doc that shows off a lot of this sometime next week/mid-December, and we're gunning for an early 2023 Kickstarter.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Kickstarter launching today for this... food-based 5e setting? No idea if it'll be any good, but I urge everyone to take a look at this incredible art:

Interview with one of the creators here (where I found these images) and Kickstarter page here.

Also: HELLPIERCERS looks rad as hell, can't wait to see more on that one.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofdabloonia/tales-of-dabloonia

hmmmmmmmm

I have the sneaking suspicion that this creator has not put a lot of thought into their game idea

Cracking up at this pause after "hello traveller, have you heard of dabloons?" like they're gonna answer it, but then refuse to.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

BinaryDoubts posted:

Kickstarter launching today for this... food-based 5e setting? No idea if it'll be any good, but I urge everyone to take a look at this incredible art:

Interview with one of the creators here (where I found these images) and Kickstarter page here.

Also: HELLPIERCERS looks rad as hell, can't wait to see more on that one.

I don't think I'd ever use it... but that's some really good art...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elephantlaboratories/sol-last-days-of-a-star-insert-and-reprint

Here's the Sol: Last Days of a Star reprint, with a $25 wooden insert.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I have that and I'm too stupid for it. Should give it another try!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/lords-of-vegas-americana/description

Lords of Vegas reprint is up... but gently caress you for not having a $1 option and double gently caress you for having the loving campaign finish a day before Christmas.

It's one of a handful of games I would really like to have in my collection, but maybe gently caress you if you don't do late pledges.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Infinitum posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/lords-of-vegas-americana/description

Lords of Vegas reprint is up... but gently caress you for not having a $1 option and double gently caress you for having the loving campaign finish a day before Christmas.

It's one of a handful of games I would really like to have in my collection, but maybe gently caress you if you don't do late pledges.

And they did have a $1 pledge last time the last time they brought Lords of Vegas around in April 2020. They have removed a useful feature from their own campaign after KS made the $1 pledge more necessary due to their moneyboner for crypto bullshit.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lords of Vegas deserves better. I wish the rights had went to a big publisher who could have made it the Monopoly Killer it deserves to be.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not backing this new edition on principle--after the last time they crowdfunded it and oversold and told people "yeah we're not gonna refund. You just have to get a box of expansions you can't use and just sit on them until who knows when when we reprint the base game". I had to threaten a credit card chargeback to get my pledge back on that one

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

jivjov posted:

I'm not backing this new edition on principle--after the last time they crowdfunded it and oversold and told people "yeah we're not gonna refund. You just have to get a box of expansions you can't use and just sit on them until who knows when when we reprint the base game". I had to threaten a credit card chargeback to get my pledge back on that one

Did you buy expansions for a game you didn't have?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

armorer posted:

"and oversold" suggests a pledge for the base and expansions.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

"and oversold" suggests a pledge for the base and expansions.

Ah yeah that would make more sense.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

armorer posted:

That's what they wanted to ship me. I did an all-in pledge and they WILDLY oversold the base game. Something like twice as many pledge slots than they actually had copies.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol they cancelled it
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/lords-of-vegas-americana/posts/3687840

God just print the loving game

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
My Ironsworn: Starforged is finally shipping. I've been playing with my son and it's been a blast (I don't normally do solo games, but the game works really well as a co-op with a small child). Can't wait for hardcopy.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mine also shipped. I don't read pdfs unless I have to

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
:same:

Looking forward to the hardcopy. I'm new to solo/ journaling "RPG" stuff but it's turning on new ideas in my head.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

There's a solo roleplaying thread! Slow moving but lots of good recommendations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Mine also shipped. I don't read pdfs unless I have to

Yeah, I played Ironsworn on PDF for awhile and then ordered the hard copy version. If I'm playing one of these solo RPGs, I don't really want to be chained to a screen. I don't mind for smaller "journal-ling" type solo things, but for something more meaty like this, I want to bring it to the table. Ordered the hardcopy for Starforged right off the bat.

Bogieman
Nov 4, 2009
Kickstarter for the next squadron set and a Campaign Supplement for Interceptor is now live.
- Adds 10 more fighter models representing the Babylonian Union with new pilots to go along with it.
- The Campaign Supplement will add rules for creating your own pilots and squadrons. It also has expanded rules for putting together missions and campaigns to get those pilots and squadrons experience... or get them turned into space goo.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fasagames/interceptor-supplements

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I got the hardcopy for Starforged today and it's really nice. Good production value.

I have Hoplomachus Victorum coming on Friday. I am so out of storage space and that's going to be another big box. I need to sell a bunch of games I don't play anymore, for real.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
My copy of Aeon Trespass arrived and is legit the biggest box of any game I own. Some COVID in the house may slow my ability to get to play, but my hope is to get a trip report in a week or two.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

HidaO-Win posted:

My copy of Aeon Trespass arrived and is legit the biggest box of any game I own.

I got mine last week and I'm so annoyed that it's just slightly too wide for a Kallax shelf.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've played the tutorial fight and then through the next one and it seems pretty rad so far, although some sort of additional storage/organization solution for all the cards and tokens feels all but mandatory. I found a Kobalt box on sale at Lowes. The sheer amount of stuff in the box is pretty nuts. And apparently the two-campaign expansion they're working on is about the same size as the core box.

The minis are also really nice, as far as pre-assembled PVC goes. The only other ones I've seen on this level are CMON's newer ASoIaF stuff (there's plenty I haven't seen, of course).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

HidaO-Win posted:

My copy of Aeon Trespass arrived and is legit the biggest box of any game I own. Some COVID in the house may slow my ability to get to play, but my hope is to get a trip report in a week or two.

Yeah this thing is a coffee table on its own. I still haven't gotten it to the table but it all looks top notch. I have most of next week off so I'm hoping to get it rolling sometime soon.

I also got Hoplomachus Victorum in (which looks tiny next to Aeon Tresspass haha), but I did manage to play a few weeks of that campaign and it's pretty good. Hoplo with a campaign and some RPG advancement instead of just single fights is what I always wanted out of it.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah this thing is a coffee table on its own. I still haven't gotten it to the table but it all looks top notch. I have most of next week off so I'm hoping to get it rolling sometime soon.

I also got Hoplomachus Victorum in (which looks tiny next to Aeon Tresspass haha), but I did manage to play a few weeks of that campaign and it's pretty good. Hoplo with a campaign and some RPG advancement instead of just single fights is what I always wanted out of it.

Sweet, Im looking forward to Hoplo, likely delivering in January in Europe.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
Holy poo poo, my Blacklist FS1 minis just shipped.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

HidaO-Win posted:

Sweet, Im looking forward to Hoplo, likely delivering in January in Europe.

I've got it to the table a few more times now and I'm really digging it. Progression feels solid, combat is fun, and set up and tear down is quick, even in the middle of a campaign. Really easy to jump in and have a couple fights and then put it away, and keep all your progress handy for the next session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

armorer posted:

Holy poo poo, my Blacklist FS1 minis just shipped.

Are you in the US? I haven't gotten any notification on mine yet.