Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm playing a lot more digital games these days :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The new PS+ Extra/Premium stuff is up now.

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus is 4-5 gigs for some reason, the original game was on two CDs on PS1.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon is streamable, although if you do this you won't have access to the Fist of the North Star slots; it works as free DLC to keep the disc version under 50 gigs. I don't think any items in the slots' store are exclusive, though. There's one Hostess weapon there but you can find it in random silver safes of dungeons.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I have the disc-based PS5 because I have a lot of PS4 discs and saving $100 to cut my game collection in half is not my idea of a good value

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Volte posted:

I have the disc-based PS5 because I have a lot of PS4 discs and saving $100 to cut my game collection in half is not my idea of a good value

this plus i like reselling games i end up hating or not truly cherishing. i'll only buy digital if i have to, tbh.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Buying a digital only console is a bad move when they are about to drop the new slim with attachable disc drive

I imagine the point of the external disc drive is that you can buy it separately and plug it into your digital only console

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

I imagine the point of the external disc drive is that you can buy it separately and plug it into your digital only console

Yeah but its not gonna work on the alreadly existing digital consoles

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Says who

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is there any verified source for all of this?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://www.gamefly.com/browse/store/store-usedbestsellers

cheap ps games alert!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I have the disc version of PS5 but only because that's what I was lucky enough to slam into my cart before it vanished at checkout.

:same:

I’ve used the disc drive maybe twice since I got it. Almost all my PS4 games are digital and I don’t have a lot of movies on disc either.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

univbee posted:

The new PS+ Extra/Premium stuff is up now.

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus is 4-5 gigs for some reason, the original game was on two CDs on PS1.

PS1 game sizes show the combined size of the PS4 and PS5 executables, so it’s probably two copies of each disc and two copies of the emulator adding up.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is there a screenshot of an Instagram comment that confirms this?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1605202096890187777?s=46&t=sPOKUYMbXvXtCsCyma7Kbg lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

welp, looks like i'm modding my poo poo lol :suicide:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Even if I’m absolutely nolifing something on my day off the DualSense lasts all day, just plug it in when you’re not using it or accept that you play too much video games.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cursed. Gonna need to buy two so that u always have one charged up

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dewgy posted:

PS1 game sizes show the combined size of the PS4 and PS5 executables, so it’s probably two copies of each disc and two copies of the emulator adding up.

I know that but each version is this size, it's like 9 gigs total for both.

I checked and it appears that on PS1 there were distinct versions in each European region (for different languages) so that's probably what's happening, it's 5 sets of the game to cover EFIGS.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

:same:

I’ve used the disc drive maybe twice since I got it. Almost all my PS4 games are digital and I don’t have a lot of movies on disc either.

I have a lot of physical PS4 games (around 98) and a lot of them digital via PS+ or sales. Still won't buy a PS5 digital considering my insane backlog of physical games from PS4. At the other hand, my Series S that plays 95% of my Xbox360 library. And those that I have physical but not digital (or backwards compatible) are just some wrestling and football games. Or Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 :q:

I love having a big collection of physical PS4 games that, I want to use in the future on a PS5. That and having a DVD/blu-ray player for whatever reason.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

univbee posted:

I know that but each version is this size, it's like 9 gigs total for both.

I checked and it appears that on PS1 there were distinct versions in each European region (for different languages) so that's probably what's happening, it's 5 sets of the game to cover EFIGS.

drat, that’s bizarre but kind of cool I guess?

Still better than Soulstorm in any case. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I love my PS5 disc version. Physical games regularly go on clearance for $10-$20 CAD when their digital versions are still $40+.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Cursed. Gonna need to buy two so that u always have one charged up

LMAO

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I love my PS5 disc version. Physical games regularly go on clearance for $10-$20 CAD when their digital versions are still $40+.

Yeah, bless my used game shop.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, bless my used game shop.

never bless gamestop :v:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have definitely saved more than the cost of buying the disc version and I barely buy games on disc these days

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Cowman posted:

never bless gamestop :v:

We don't go there anymore.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the philosophy of 'pro' :lofty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86NQplr16is

lost my poo poo when dude compared the paddle shape to pieces in Go

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Imagine getting off the couch to swap discs :mods:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Escobarbarian posted:

what do you all think is “the greatest story ever told in video games”?

Sonic adventure 2

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

We don't go there anymore.

Gamestop is where I got my PS5 :ohdear:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
GameStop sells games now? Wild.

Are they behind the Harry Potter Funko Pops or in the corner with the Heckin Puppers shirts?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Funko Pops should be banned just on grounds that they are ugly looking.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Funko Pops should be banned just on grounds that they are ugly looking.

They offend my senses, but I'm afraid the plastics industry requires proper subsidy. Carry on.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t even know where my nearest game store is anymore because they closed the local branch of GAME a few months ago.

The last time I went in there I tried to browse their used PS5 games but they were in a pretty much completely unlit corner of the store next to the GAMING ARENA or whatever the gently caress they call the place where you can pay a bunch of money to play games on what I can only assume are the stickiest, most abused controllers and kb+m setups in the world. I couldn’t read any of the spines in the near-darkness and wasn’t about to pull everything out to check the covers so I quickly lost interest.

Never don’t just buy games off the internet.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

My local gaming shop is a tiny brick box tucked away behind an ice cream shop. It's shaped like a nintendo cartridge and has the Nintendo Power magazine font for a sign. It's run by some queer folk that are 10 years younger than me at the very least and they have a gaming music vinyl section.

It is truly magical.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
we have a local chain of shops which mostly deals in vintage stuff but they have cool stuff. always like it when they post about someone trading in something extremely expensive

https://twitter.com/pinkgorillallc/status/1158866684561592320

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My local gaming shop is a tiny brick box tucked away behind an ice cream shop. It's shaped like a nintendo cartridge and has the Nintendo Power magazine font for a sign. It's run by some queer folk that are 10 years younger than me at the very least and they have a gaming music vinyl section.

It is truly magical.

Nominating this for the most PNW poo poo I’ve read all year lmao

Sounds cool, I’d pop in there for sure. Gaming vinyl section is something I didn’t realize I need but I very desperately do now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

we have a local chain of shops which mostly deals in vintage stuff but they have cool stuff. always like it when they post about someone trading in something extremely expensive

https://twitter.com/pinkgorillallc/status/1158866684561592320

did they give the person a fair price or did they just totally gently caress them

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

All those bits from unpatched, unfinished release versions, sealed into plastics discs, destined to kill a fish one day. What's Casnorf's take on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

History Comes Inside! posted:

did they give the person a fair price or did they just totally gently caress them

https://mobile.twitter.com/kelslewin/status/1158927998864617474