Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I finished Doom 2016 and Rocket Slime and they are good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Beat pillars of eternity 1 for the first time after beating pentiment and being really impressed. That’s it for games beat this year I think.

hope you play 2 if you liked 1, its much better imo.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

67) Super Metroid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
HL
Op4
Blue shift

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

extremebuff posted:

this. its not even close.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

definitely this. 1s ok, 2 kicks rear end fully

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

I purchased it immediately.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i hit max level doing some of the dlc and i haven't gone back in like a month

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Omori. sobbed at the end. great game

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

49. Ninja Gaiden III (NES, US version with patching to make it more like JP)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Halo: Combat Evolved. One of the most formative games for me, it and Morrowind are probably the two reasons I'm still a gamer today. Still a killer game, still holds up in every way.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kirby’s Adventure

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

50. Metal Gear

Wouldn't have made it to 50 games this year without Imp Zone :cheers:
Merry Impmas!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Halo: Combat Evolved. One of the most formative games for me, it and Morrowind are probably the two reasons I'm still a gamer today. Still a killer game, still holds up in every way.

:cheers:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I purchased it immediately.

lets loving go

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

29. Warioworld (all spritelings)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

61) Kirby's Adventure
62) TMNT IV: Turtles in Time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dead Space 2

That was indeed insanely ftw

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

68) Super Mario Bros. 3

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Blood: very cool fps i left halfway finished from like february. some maps take forever and are very labyrinthine which annoyed me. a couple enemies are spongy and once you get one of those severed hands choking you i have no idea what youre supposed to do. the first time one of them stopped choking me i thought it was a glitch. on that note, this nightdive port is cool and all but its glitchy as gently caress. ive had doors refuse to reopen a bunch of times which necessitated reloading a previous save, one time leading me to restart the whole 20 minute map. another i managed to clip out of bounds somehow and get back in bounds but i could not move. another time i triggered a zombie mode where i could walk slowly but not use weapons, which was kinda cool and reminded me of doom's. idk if ill do the post mortem expansion episode or if ill download the fanmade death wish which ive heard a lot about. i feel like as good as this game can be at times, it gets exhausting

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Megaman Legends 2: great game, took everything from 1 and improved it. I dunno what the consensus is on 1 vs 2 and could see people preferring the originality of 1, but the twin stick controls in 2 alone make it so much more modern of a game, and it's still got all the character from 1.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arietta of Spirits. A replay of a fun little indie game that came out last year. I never hear it get talked about but I'm pretty fond of it. It's kind of superficially similar to one of the isometric Zeldas like Link to the Past but pared down and more combat-oriented, without much in the way of puzzles etc. Combat is simple--you have a sword attack, a defensive force field, and a dodge roll and that's it--but it makes up for it with a nice bit of challenge; it's not super hard but the sword attack has a slight delay between swings that can leave you vulnerable if you miss the enemy, the force field can only stay up for a couple seconds at most, and the dodge rolls don't have i-frames, all of this adding up to mean that you really have to be aware of all of your surrounds and pay careful attention to your timing and positioning which keeps things interesting. On top of this it also has a pleasant soundtrack, a nice art style reminiscent of Stardew Valley, and just a lot of charm and heart in general. It's also only 4 or 5 hours long so I see myself replaying it a lot over the years as a bit of a "comfort food" game. I'd really recommend it to anyone who likes these sort of indie games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kotor1. this game is rear end lol. every planet is just a hub of 6 hallways that lead to the various objectives. writing is very stiff and basic. every dungeon is the same.

the mechanics are mostly Star Wars themed DnD so the combat is fun, but the difficulty is all over the place. at one point the game threw Darth Brandon at me who could lock my whole team with insanity and oneshot us, I had to glitch out of the area and go level up elsewhere. i didnt like any of the party members or really any character at all.

im amazed this is as revered as it is while Kotor2 is hated when that game has like, environments instead of hallways and Kreia. terribly disappointed in this lmao

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

kotor1. this game is rear end lol. every planet is just a hub of 6 hallways that lead to the various objectives. writing is very stiff and basic. every dungeon is the same.

the mechanics are mostly Star Wars themed DnD so the combat is fun, but the difficulty is all over the place. at one point the game threw Darth Brandon at me who could lock my whole team with insanity and oneshot us, I had to glitch out of the area and go level up elsewhere. i didnt like any of the party members or really any character at all.

im amazed this is as revered as it is while Kotor2 is hated when that game has like, environments instead of hallways and Kreia. terribly disappointed in this lmao

Spambot was correct as usual.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

30. Metal Slug 3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

F-Zero (all leagues)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Super Mario Bros 3, used the noob whistles

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Noobwhistling is when games forum people come in here and make jokes in a way that reveals their tedious, joyless origins to get baffling empty quotes from others of their ilk and provoke mass probations for ammunition against this forum in QCS.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Noobwhistling is when games forum people come in here and make jokes in a way that reveals their tedious, joyless origins to get baffling empty quotes from others of their ilk and provoke mass probations for ammunition against this forum in QCS.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lol & good use of ilk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

I was reading some old thread the other day and some noob quoted one of your posts not knowing you and was like "uhh hey everybody what's this guy smoking haha". I never want them to stop

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao

I was reading some old thread the other day and some noob quoted one of your posts not knowing you and was like "uhh hey everybody what's this guy smoking haha". I never want them to stop

Lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao

that whole thread about wormskull blasting rear end playin mario party i was hopin for some lurker to come in and be like UH YEAH DUDE I poo poo MY PANTS REALLY HEINOUSLY ONCE and tell the tale. mayhps i goldmined it too quickly...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thinking about the guy who came in to put goferchan on blast for a 20 year old post about Doom 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thinking about the guy who came in to put goferchan on blast for a 20 year old post about Doom 3

lol