Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
TSLA at $137.80, down 8.05%. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

This poo poo is like if Elon made a dinky little single engine plane , marketed it as some transcendent innovation, had someone point out

"Hey Elon, your plane is maybe a bit small and dink to really be used for anything other than light cargo and training"

And Elon responds saying

"Well maybe you should read your flight text books because lift is generated by a differential in airspeed over the wing"

Like all he is doing in defense is describing the mechanics he isn't grasping , this level of ignorance is wild

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

serious gaylord posted:

Elon has currently lost 5.5 billion dollars today.

can we fudge the numbers a bit and say 5.420B?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tiny Timbs posted:

Like that is just a complete lie. No bank on the planet is offering anywhere close to stock market rates on their accounts. That would be like 10%.

I’m starting to think this Elon guy may be a delusional moron.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Isn't economics the only actual (honorary) degree he has

And he says poo poo like this lol

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Scipiotik posted:

How many shares of Tesla does Elon own? I wanna know how much of his networth just went poof today.
As far as I can tell, right now Musk owns about 425 million of the 3.16 billion outstanding shares of Tesla.
TSLA closed yesterday at 149.87.
It closed today at 137.80.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/JeskaDay/status/1605305134409400320?s=20&t=erJ1eujgcAR19ODn6_70tw

I’m not surprised.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MJeff posted:

Alright now hold on guys let's wait to see the quarter hours.

The Bunny ain't here to bail his rear end out

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hmm yes, the Dow is up today, NASDAQ is mostly flat (but up a little). Tesla is down over 8%. Flawless logic there, Musk.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Napkin math says that's about another $38,000,000,000 lost today for shareholders

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is the number 140 someone said for margin calls public information backed up by evidence or just a random guess

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Lmao he’s so loving bad at everything. Imagine being the richest man in the world and not being able to hire a fake stalker.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
TSLA managed to lose -8.05% on a day when the S&P mostly stayed flat lol good job team

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cr0y posted:

Napkin math says that's about another $38,000,000,000 lost today for shareholders

Wow, that's enough to buy like 85% of Twitter.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Cowcaster posted:

is the number 140 someone said for margin calls public information backed up by evidence or just a random guess

All random. There was a lot of effort put into keeping it above 140 though.

I think, I really don't know anything about stocks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The fed is destroying Tesla to stop Musk from relaying the Truth!!!!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs9M1m-dpgM

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fed is destroying Tesla to stop Musk from relaying the Truth!!!!

Elon should buy the Fed 🤣🤣🤣

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jestery posted:

This poo poo is like if Elon made a dinky little single engine plane , marketed it as some transcendent innovation, had someone point out

"Hey Elon, your plane is maybe a bit small and dink to really be used for anything other than light cargo and training"

And Elon responds saying

"Well maybe you should read your flight text books because lift is generated by a differential in airspeed over the wing"

Like all he is doing in defense is describing the mechanics he isn't grasping , this level of ignorance is wild

Yes but you see how he is able to hold his own on engineering topics???

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Seems to be an educated guess; better than just pulling it out of their rear end, but pretty far from solid.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Soooo.

He faked an attack on his own kid to ban an account he said he wasn't going to ban. That's where we are with this thing?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Countdown to Limp Bizkit performing "Nookie" live at the next Tesla shareholders' meeting.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Unless they have a copy of the loan contract in front of them it's a wild rear end guess. Also have to remember that Tesla stock is up hugely still because of all the various splits so if he's leveraged pre-splits then he's still quite healthily in the green.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Elon Musk: Why Complain About $8/mo When It Costs Me $5B/day Just to Post

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The musicians playing on the deck of the titanic but it’s limp bizkit playing break stuff while Elon clocks in for a normal day at Twitter hq

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

How long till he unbans Ye again, since he now is cozying up to people who insists on talking about (((them)))?

The morning after he banned Kanye he unbanned the founder of the Daily Stormer. The whole point of banning Kanye was he was high profile and made fun of Musk and people would talk about that while he unbanned a bunch of other nazis.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MJeff posted:

Soooo.

He faked an attack on his own kid to ban an account he said he wasn't going to ban. That's where we are with this thing?

Reading the article its more like there was a random guy there, but a security guard ran him over in a parking lot which is why hes a suspect.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

explosivo posted:

No I know, I think those are the users buying checkmarks or whatever other services you can get. It's hosed on the iOS store so it I guess shows recent people who have bought stuff in the app description.
Oh I bet that is what it it’s.

Things are going great at Twitter! :lol:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/dcg1114/status/1605306912009900032?s=20&t=uXUwhorOSOJ8vgXatwuUaA

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Like that is just a complete lie. No bank on the planet is offering anywhere close to stock market rates on their accounts. That would be like 10%.

It's a lie because Tesla is falling way harder than everything else, the S&P500 is actually up 4 today.

At the same time a lot of people are expecting a crash sometime in the near future so it's reasonable that they might put more money in other places, not because they expect the same return in a savings account. But that's not why Tesla is falling

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 20, 2022

Featherless Biped
Dec 14, 2022

Imagine the CEO of a listed company thinking this is what drives his share price.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kw0134 posted:

Unless they have a copy of the loan contract in front of them it's a wild rear end guess. Also have to remember that Tesla stock is up hugely still because of all the various splits so if he's leveraged pre-splits then he's still quite healthily in the green.

Careful, someone might come yell at you for pointing out that Musk still has money

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Frank Frank posted:

Countdown to Limp Bizkit performing "Nookie" live at the next Tesla shareholders' meeting.

Truly the ending this saga deserves

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Elon will pay 2 million to produce a Limp Bizkit Christmas album

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Thinking about the time Musk tried to hold his own in that call with a bunch of journalists pressing him on his website's policies lmao

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

I'm trying to understand this article. So, the "suspect" in the article is a member of Musk's security team, who followed the "stalker" into a parking lot, then hit the "stalker" with their car? Then the "stalker" filed a police report and also told the Washington Post that Grimes was sending him secret messages?

It kind of seems like the guy was stalking Grimes and a member of Musk's security team confronted him about it and then tried to block him from leaving with their car. Not sure how this reflects on Elon.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The real life Tony Starks, in that he's behaving like a drunken fool.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Butterwagon posted:

I'm trying to understand this article. So, the "suspect" in the article is a member of Musk's security team, who followed the "stalker" into a parking lot, then hit the "stalker" with their car? Then the "stalker" filed a police report and also told the Washington Post that Grimes was sending him secret messages?

It kind of seems like the guy was stalking Grimes and a member of Musk's security team confronted him about it and then tried to block him from leaving with their car. Not sure how this reflects on Elon.

He'll find a way.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Elon will pay 2 million to produce a Limp Bizkit Christmas album

Before THIS xmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

What will tomorrow bring? Tune in next time to As The Boer Turns...

Elon Musk: As the Boer Turns

I don't ask for a thread title often, but when I do it's because lmao