Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Or Elon picked out a random Uber rats driver to gently caress with out of nowhere. He will probably call him a pedo before the day is out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

HE DID IT ALL FOR THE COOKIE
THE COOKIE

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Elon will pay 2 million to produce a Limp Bizkit Christmas album

It would be the first good idea Elon's had

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Jestery posted:

This poo poo is like if Elon made a dinky little single engine plane , marketed it as some transcendent innovation, had someone point out

"Hey Elon, your plane is maybe a bit small and dink to really be used for anything other than light cargo and training"

And Elon responds saying

"Well maybe you should read your flight text books because lift is generated by a differential in airspeed over the wing"

Like all he is doing in defense is describing the mechanics he isn't grasping , this level of ignorance is wild

Can we get confused back in here to describe how this is actually a deep understanding of markets and Elon is actually a very smart boy?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Postman posted:

Thinking about the time Musk tried to hold his own in that call with a bunch of journalists pressing him on his website's policies lmao

And he bailed after, what 2 minutes? And then pulled the plug on literally all of Twitter's ability to host conference calls so no one else could get together and laugh at him in private.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The stock market in general has had a rough year, so I was curious about the comps. Since Musk kicked off the Twitter acquisition on April 14th, Tesla's value has decreased by 58% (lol). As a point of comparison I looked at the NASDAQ, which lost 21% over the same time period. So huge fuckin lol at whatever "it was the FED's fault" or "it was savings account's fault" bullshit excuse ol' Musky trots out.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:allears:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Concerning

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Decon posted:

Can we get confused back in here to describe how this is actually a deep understanding of markets and Elon is actually a very smart boy?

Turns out Musk is just as good of an economist as he is an engineer

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Turns out Musk is just as good of an economist as he is an engineer

Just because he is not good at one thing doesn't mean he is not good at another

(it is for independent reasons)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

cr0y posted:

Napkin math says that's about another $38,000,000,000 lost today for shareholders

A small price to pay to save human civilization from the woke mind virus

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Dumb is buying a company for several times its worth sight unseen.

Idiotic is firing most of the staff that kept your new toy running in the first place and forcing the rest to live in the building full time.

Stupid is making whiny polls about stepping down, losing the poll and then trying to save face by saying that all the yes votes were bots.

Imbecilic is continuing to post smarmy Qanon poo poo while your signature company's stock is going subterranean and lamely trying to blame the Fed.

What will tomorrow bring? Tune in next time to As The Boer Turns...

Such an impressive showing could only be achieved by a world class engineering mind like Musk

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I haven't checked this since last night and there's like 800 new posts. What happened with his twitter poll tax do-over/stepping down drama, or is everybody now focused on his terrible management and plunging tesla stock?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pretty much, last ten pages has been :tviv:'ing the stock dive

oh and laughing at an Elon stan who thinks he's a brilliant engineer and his only fault is being a terrible person

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Butterwagon posted:

I'm trying to understand this article. So, the "suspect" in the article is a member of Musk's security team, who followed the "stalker" into a parking lot, then hit the "stalker" with their car? Then the "stalker" filed a police report and also told the Washington Post that Grimes was sending him secret messages?

It kind of seems like the guy was stalking Grimes and a member of Musk's security team confronted him about it and then tried to block him from leaving with their car. Not sure how this reflects on Elon.

Looking at the article, there's two separate guys involved here.

The first guy is the one the WaPo dug up, he's the UberEats driver who thinks Grimes is sending him coded messages across Insta and, yeah, probably is a stalker if not the stalker. The second guy is this dude from CT who allegedly got hassled by one of Musk's security people out of the blue and then filed a police report, which is what the Guardian is reporting.

So (I think) this is the timeline of events:

* Musk's thug hassles Guy#2 at random & films it in order to make it look like His Holiness is being stalked thanks to ElonJet.
* Musk then bans ElonJet, that whole comedy happens.
* WaPo finds or is found by Guy #1, who (because stalker) decides to say that he's Guy #2 in the stalking video. Whether or not he actually is is up to debate at this point.
* Guy #2 contacts the cops, the cops start digging into it.
* The Guardian finds out and posts this article.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Goddamn woke extreme left wing stock markets

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Hazo posted:

I haven't checked this since last night and there's like 800 new posts. What happened with his twitter poll tax do-over/stepping down drama, or is everybody now focused on his terrible management and plunging tesla stock?

Nothing happened because nothing was ever going to happen because Musk would only "abide by the results" if it agreed with his preconceived notions.

The biggest development is that he's started insinuating the results were ruined by bots and has agreed with suggestions that only people that pay for checkmarks should be allowed to vote.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Hobo Clown posted:

A small price to pay to save human civilization from the woke mind virus

Can't wait to hear about his final solution to the problem.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
came here to post "lmao"

lmao

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Frank Frank posted:

Countdown to Limp Bizkit performing "Nookie" live at the next Tesla shareholders' meeting.

Do you think he'll sign my dreamcast after the show??

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Waiting for someone to tell him it's bots selling all the Tesla stock so the nosedive does not count.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I hope when he comes back Confused has some links to video of Elon holding his own with engineering experts, because the only videos I’ve seen are of him going “uh huh” or just throwing out buzzwords.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Interesting

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tesla stock dropped 8% today after key investors discovered that Elon Must was a developer on the Sega CD game "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm"

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605301780178411520

Missed this one. I don't read these Twitter Files, but I hope he's about to call for the entire FBI to be in prison or something lol

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
lol jesus loving christ, there's going to be discussions in master courses that discusses elon's inability to log off

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

serious gaylord posted:

All random. There was a lot of effort put into keeping it above 140 though.

I think, I really don't know anything about stocks.

It used to be 140 but Twitter bumped it up to 280 a couple years ago

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605301780178411520

Missed this one. I don't read these Twitter Files, but I hope he's about to call for the entire FBI to be in prison or something lol

I kinda wonder about if he's part of the right-wing grift or if he's a genuine believer. He seems genuinely stupid enough to actually believe all of these conspiracies given that he's tanking his wealth for them

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://twitter.com/Popehat changed name to donehat and deleted all his tweets, only you can see how broken twitter is from what is refusing to delete.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
He is turning into a richer Mike Lindell and I’m all for it.

These past few days reminds me of these forums when Trump got covid :allears:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Tippecanoe posted:

I kinda wonder about if he's part of the right-wing grift or if he's a genuine believer. He seems genuinely stupid enough to actually believe all of these conspiracies given that he's tanking his wealth for them

Oh he's a believer. His dumbass is losing money hand over fist because he believes that "actually, the world loves Ian Miles Cheong".

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

On September 6 2001, Limp Bizkit won the MTV Video Award for their music video “Rollin’”. The video was filmed on top of the World Trade Center which would be destroyed a few days later.

Limp Bizkit are harbingers of doom.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

learnincurve posted:

https://twitter.com/Popehat changed name to donehat and deleted all his tweets, only you can see how broken twitter is from what is refusing to delete.

For the record, Popehat is an actual free speech defender.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

hotdog feet posted:

lol jesus loving christ, there's going to be discussions in master courses that discusses elon's inability to log off

"Kanye, Elon, Trump: A Study of Extreme Narcissism in the Age of Social Media"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

The Pirate Captain posted:

For the record, Popehat is an actual free speech defender.

He's also ironically an expert, presumably against his will, of My Pillow Man crimes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tippecanoe posted:

He genuinely seems dumb enough to believe the last thing you told him as long as it's complimentary of him.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m currently doing a masters in Holocaust and genocide studies and if I can find an angle to write about the Holocaust denial spewing out of these asshats for my essay you know I will.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

hotdog feet posted:

Logging Off 201 - Advanced "No, $44B in the hole does not mean you still don't log off" Theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m currently doing a masters in Holocaust and genocide studies and if I can find an angle to write about the Holocaust denial spewing out of these asshats for my essay you know I will.

I'm start a degree in criminology and history with a focus on white collar crime starting January 2nd and :popcorn: