Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Leto II's dick - lost but not forgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
His whole body is a dick

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

leto II's reign was long and oppressive; he redefined the meaning of facefuck.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

why the long and oppressive face?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

No way did Fremen not bang the hell out of some sandtrout to perfect their retrograde load skills.

"Stretched over the hand" suuuure

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

My naib do you have a sandtrout ramp at your sietch?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

when you nutted but it still troutin

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

if you give a man a sandtrout, he is horny again in an hour. If you teach him to wear a suit of sandtrout you put him on a golden path

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Colonel Cancer posted:

My naib do you have a sandtrout ramp at your sietch?
Shai-Hulud protects me :colbert:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bij posted:

No way did Fremen not bang the hell out of some sandtrout to perfect their retrograde load skills.

"Stretched over the hand" suuuure

quote:

The sandtrout glove. It was the play of children. If one held a sandtrout in the hand, smoothing it over your skin, it formed a living glove. Traces of blood in the skin's capillaries could be sensed by the creatures, but something mingled with the bloods water repelled them. Sooner or later, the glove will slip off into the sand, there to be lifted into a space fiber basket. The spice sue them until they were dumped into the death still.
Ledo groped on the sand with his right hand until his fingers and countered the leathery skin of a sandtrout. It was the large one he had expected. The creature didn't try to invade him, but moved eagerly onto his flash. He explored it's outline with his free hand roughly diamond shaped. It had no head, no extremities, no eyes, yet it could find water unerringly. With the fellows you could join body to body, locking one on another by the course interlacings of extruded celia until the whole became one large sack-organism enclosing the water ...

The sandtrout squirm down his hand, elongating, stretching. He felt the sandtrout becoming thin, covering more and more of his hand. No sandtrout had ever before in counter to hand such as this one, every cell supersaturated with space. No other human has ever lived before and reasoned in such a condition.

Ledo felt the sandtrout growth in, spreading itself over more and more of his hand, reaching up his arm. He located another, placed it over the first one. Contact ignited a frenzied squirming in the creatures. There celia locked and they became a single membrane which enclosed him to the elbow. The sandtrout adjusted to the living glove of childhood play, but thinner and more sensitive as he lured it into the role of a skin symbiont.

The play of children? Yo, 100% Fremen 12 year-old boys abused these things

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Don't waste your water like that, it'll make you go blind and grow hair on your troutglove.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leto II, armed with thousands of years of memories of prepubescent boys doing unspeakable things with dicktrouts, makes the ultimate decision in disgust.

But just to mess with people, he leaves his balls alone. No dick, huge balls covered in sandworm skin that drag sickeningly whenever he moves and make huge drum-like thuds going over obstacles.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I'm increasingly glad I stopped reading after Messiah.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

He goes full libertarian in Chapterhouse

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It's never too soon to stop reading Dune sequels.

* also applies to prequels and interquels

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

GTO posted:

I'm increasingly glad I stopped reading after Messiah.

This thread has some weird takes about which books to read. IMO, you should read all of Frank's books; even if admittedly some of them aren't great, they're still DUNE canon. Heretics was probably my favourite read, next to the first book.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Speaker posted:

This thread has some weird takes about which books to read. IMO, you should read all of Frank's books; even if admittedly some of them aren't great, they're still DUNE canon. Heretics was probably my favourite read, next to the first book.

Some things cannot ever live up to the expectations one builds for them. This is the correct attitude when dealing with fantasy/scifi. They don't always stick the landing, but you can still enjoy them for what they are.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Dune canon, lol. I'd say looking back after reading all the books, despite my constant defense of laser tigers itt, stopping after book 1 is the best idea. It's a heroic story about young Paul and his jihad against inbred aristofreaks.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dune canon, lol

What else would you call 'original material written by the author'?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dune canon, lol. I'd say looking back after reading all the books, despite my constant defense of laser tigers itt, stopping after book 1 is the best idea. It's a heroic story about young Paul and his jihad against inbred aristofreaks.

I really can't hate on this opinion enough. Stop after Messiah if you must, but for god's sake read Messiah. You are only cheating yourself by missing out on Bijaz.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
If Elon steals Dune with infinity money powers I'm going to be upset about that.

Jangle some keys or something else shiny to distract him to the next thing.

Or get him to pay for the later Dune movies and waste more money. He's smart. He could be a director and producer. Already figured out how to pay people to make spacecraft. How hard could it also be to be an artist?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"People will like you more if you fund cancer research. That will make you look super cool. And don't worry, only the white kid types of cancers."

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Elon the kind of guy to buy dune only to end up making jodorosky’s version and not understanding why people are upset about paul loving his mother and nutting so hard he achieves apotheosis

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

disposablewords posted:

Don't waste your water like that, it'll make you go blind and grow hair on your troutglove.

It's all collected by the stillsuit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Don't drink the water, it tastes really bad. Like rear end and dirt

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Do you think that fremen who get taken offworld miss the pee&poo water?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Like Paul's freedom fighters after stabbing a few hundred people on some rimworld come back to HQ, all tired and sweaty, and say - I sure wish I had some poo water right now, I miss my home!

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dune canon, lol.

Herbert's Canon in P(ee and Poop)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tell me about the waters of your homeworld, Usul

Did it taste like ours?

You know it's not really champagne rear end water unless it comes from the champagne sietch

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Still thinking about all that wasted stool jerky

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

contest to win a nintendo solido by seeing who will produce the most poopoo water for the sietch

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

By the maker my chocolate milkshake brings all the naibs to the sietch

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
I’m in the minority in this thread, but I’ve read Dune Messiah twice, and I hate it. I love narrative, so I love Dune, but Messiah sucks. Almost nothing happens, and it has one interesting character.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Lincoln posted:

I’m in the minority in this thread, but I’ve read Dune Messiah twice, and I hate it. I love narrative, so I love Dune, but Messiah sucks. Almost nothing happens, and it has one interesting character.

Yes, Herbert never did achieve the heights of Bijaz again in the series.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

“Son, it’s time for you to start honing your storyteller’s craft. What would you name a cunning dwarf I’m including in the sequel to Dune?”
“Papa, what do I care about some bitch rear end dwarf?!”

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Just finished DUNC 2021. Not bad. The exposition is better than Lynch, but that's unfair because he tried to cram everything into 90 mins, and this is probably three parts. Was it unclear if there would be a sequel? Idk I miss the camp present in Lynch's movie, otoh the moods created by the super-stylish screen composition are not bad. 8/10 disappointed he didn't ride a worm.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The other 2/10 you left in the unattended IMAX theater seat

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

kiimo posted:

The other 2/10 you left in the unattended IMAX theater seat

definitely. Villeneuve is definitely a director to make you miss the big screen.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Butcher posted:

. He's smart.

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

elon got called smart and gassed up with a ton of money at his back, and fits into a bazinga idea of what smart is but that guy has a brick for a brain seriously