Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Ytlaya posted:

What?!?! Awesome! Oh man, this is great. Finally I can change things up more frequently without having to tediously switch people in and out.

The team switching is so tedious that I find myself only using 5 teams anyway, and manually switching in a character as needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'll pick up Ayaka first, as she can make use of the cryo/sword cards I already have for Kaeya, and get Yoimiya whenever I unlock the next freebie.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I got that flagship event done in record time, though it seemed much shorter than the usual one being only 3 parts and 2 activities across five days and one of them was just a Sonic Spinball style boss version of the regular event. Should probably be able to focus on polishing off the rest of 2.4-2.7 content and be at just Sumeru stuff by the end of 3.3 which will keep me busy for a while in its own right for a while yet

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I've been finishing up getting 100% in Enkanomiya now that I have the treasure compass for Inazuma

I forgot how pretty and serene this place looks

contrasts with how loving dark the lore is

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Getting Tsurumi and Enkanomiya and chasm within the span of four patches was pretty dang amazing. That non-Inazuma 2.X content was pretty stellar and was to me when genshin fully realized its potential.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I was very Genshin-negative during the Inazuma era (game is good again), but Enkanomiya was and probably still is my favorite area in the game.

(Only other good part of 2.x is that Yae is the second best character in the game.)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

valuum posted:

The team switching is so tedious that I find myself only using 5 teams anyway, and manually switching in a character as needed.

I have all 10 team slots used, but they are all mutilated by me doing this on every single comp.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i dumped my meager al haitham funds into another possible con for scaramouche since i enjoy using his burst, and 3.3 is officially the luckiest patch i’ve ever had

c3r1 scaramouche, one lost 50/50 to keqing between c1 and 2. roughly 150 pulls altogether :homebrew: now the battle’s on to get his burst to consistently break 100k+ per hit. i managed 92k on the dorito… once

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You're god drat right theres a skill difference, Marjorie

Kale
May 14, 2010

Xalidur posted:

I was very Genshin-negative during the Inazuma era (game is good again), but Enkanomiya was and probably still is my favorite area in the game.

(Only other good part of 2.x is that Yae is the second best character in the game.)

Felt like the whole internet had at least one standing grievance with it from about Patch 2.5-2.7

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
It is a crime that they haven't done anything with Enkanomiya. They never even put leylines down there. There should be an Enkanomiya placement for the card game that plays Enkanomiya music during matches. Same for Chasm, which has some incredible dynamic combat themes. There's one song that only seems to play in the final chamber of the Chasm, and after you do the quest you have to search all the way to the far end of the room for enemies so you can hear it switch over to the combat theme.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

it applies water to him (which can be a significant problem in the card game).
Something to keep in mind with elemental self-apply in the card game is that you can use it to self-cleanse another element without triggering damage.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Excelzior posted:

I've been finishing up getting 100% in Enkanomiya now that I have the treasure compass for Inazuma

I forgot how pretty and serene this place looks

contrasts with how loving dark the lore is

Enkanomiya had real big "abandoned Ghibli ruin" vibes in its music and design. And yeah, abandoned Ghibli ruins don't have pretty pasts.

Maybe my favorite little detail of the place is that you get your map of Enkanomiya by looking at an actual physical map and copying it down. Keep an eye out for things that aren't on the map.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Okay - I haven't played in about a half a year - what's new? What's exciting? THE THREAD TITLE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT A CARD GAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I only started Genshin back in January of this year. I played pretty hard for those first few months but also burned out hard from basically playing it like it was my job for a few months in a row.

My playtime dramatically dwindled as the year went on. Through the end of summer, I basically only logged in to do seasonal events and nothing more.

I've done basically everything in Mondstadt and Liyue. I still have a ton of Inazuma stuff to do, though I'd done the main story quests through there. The last story quests I did were the ones with Yelan and the others trapped in the Chasm.

Is there anything I should be aware of in coming back to Genshin? Any major things to look into?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I mean, it sounds like you haven't done anything in the new nation, Sumeru, so probably play some of that?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Save wishes for Yelan.

I actually have no idea what the requirements for the TCG are.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

No Wave posted:

Save wishes for Yelan.

I actually have no idea what the requirements for the TCG are.

I already have Yelan. That was basically the last thing I did before I stopped playing. I don't even think I leveled her at all - but I have her, goddamnit!!!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It is very funny that in the mandatory boss fight of the wanderer quest, if you die he just shrugs and comes back to life. It is less funny that his ordinary flying height isn't above the lasers.

Also it's extremely hosed up that dori, despite having only a 3-hit combo, still takes 3 hits to break crystals. She could've been the best miner(who isn't zhongli), but they refused to keep to the formula. Terrible.

Mordiceius posted:

Okay - I haven't played in about a half a year - what's new? What's exciting? THE THREAD TITLE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT A CARD GAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I only started Genshin back in January of this year. I played pretty hard for those first few months but also burned out hard from basically playing it like it was my job for a few months in a row.

My playtime dramatically dwindled as the year went on. Through the end of summer, I basically only logged in to do seasonal events and nothing more.

I've done basically everything in Mondstadt and Liyue. I still have a ton of Inazuma stuff to do, though I'd done the main story quests through there. The last story quests I did were the ones with Yelan and the others trapped in the Chasm.

Is there anything I should be aware of in coming back to Genshin? Any major things to look into?

Well, there's a cool-looking umbrella-yokai-sword you can get for playing a bit of breakout in inazuma. It's probably not especially good or anything, but it looks neat.

Probably the biggest thing is that dendro exists. Besides the MC (and you can just walk over to sumeru, it's around the side of the chasm. you don't actually need to go through it), you get a free dendro archer for clearing some trivial floor of the abyss. She's adequate (although she's far better with some constellations). Dendro does stupid things that make lots of green numbers happen. Some of that's straightforward dendro+element=reaction, some of it is branched behind either dendro+hydro or dendro+electro, so they do want you to have some variety in your teams, for dendro-related stuff.

Also definitely don't try rushing through the sumeru story, there's a ton of it, and for some reason it's like a matryoshka doll of quests, where the quest just keeps going for literally hours. Some of it's kinda cool, most of it is just hours of genshin quests.

Oh, and there's a card game. You've probably cleared the prerequisites for it? It should just be an quest that you have, something about sucrose I think? Maybe just pass by the crafting table in mondstadt and see if she's there, I'm pretty sure that's where it starts.
f.e. It's archon quest prelude 3, which is the end of mondstadt's line and ar 32. You should be fine.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

In Sumeru they just decided to include a 20 hour indie rpg as a sidequest. Twice.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The Sumeru zones are incredibly deceptive too, they're around twice the size they look on the map due to underground caverns and ruins and whatnot. It's really kind of crazy.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I wish they had a way to mark which waypoints are underground. I still consistently teleport to what looks like the top of a hill only to end up in the center of the loving earth.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Eimi posted:

In Sumeru they just decided to include a 20 hour indie rpg as a sidequest. Twice.

Is it better than Inazuma? I feel like it was Inazuma itself that burned me out. I enjoyed very little out of that area other than the best girl Yoimiya.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Is it better than Inazuma? I feel like it was Inazuma itself that burned me out. I enjoyed very little out of that area other than the best girl Yoimiya.
Yeah it's way better. The sumeru forest major side quest content is absolutely massive (think shrine cleansing ritual times six) so the slower you take it the better, it took me three patches and I still feel like I rushed it at times.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Everett False posted:

I wish they had a way to mark which waypoints are underground. I still consistently teleport to what looks like the top of a hill only to end up in the center of the loving earth.

Supposedly coming next patch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Everett False posted:

They wil, next patch

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Finally got updated and logged in.

I'm AR50, WL7.

This is my cast of characters by constellation level -

And this is my cast of characters by character level -

Now to actually re-learn the game. Seems like I haven't played since June.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mordiceius posted:

The best way to describe Sumeru, I think, is that it's an iterative improvement on the same ideas as Inazuma. The puzzles are less annoying, character upgrade materials and bosses are available immediately instead of gated behind completing long quest chains, even the grapple-clovers are basically just an unfucked version of Inazuma's electro-grapples. It's Inazuma but sensible.

The only area in which I wouldn't say it's a direct improvement is boss design -- Sumeru has the absolute worst cube fight, its one trounce domain isn't great, and the world bosses are fine but forgettable. And even then, if you really hated the Inazuma trounce domains (I don't, but I realize I'm an outlier there) it might just break even.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 20, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

C14 yanfei??? I see why you took a break.

Raiden Bennett Xiangling Xingqiu is still the most popular comp in the game and Haitham Fischl Kuki Yelan is spreadsheeting really well in case that interests you. The major relevant update to the meta for you is that a level 90 kuki with max EM is absolutely overpowered when she's run with the dendro+hydro reaction.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 20, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

I love how she seems to have become the official big sister to every single kid or kid like character in Inazuma including the ones that arent from there. Truly the friend of all children.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm glad her banner was the best selling of all time, Yoimiya deserved it

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The best way to describe Sumeru, I think, is that it's an iterative improvement on the same ideas as Inazuma. The puzzles are less annoying, character upgrade materials and bosses are available immediately instead of gated behind completing long quest chains, even the grapple-clovers are basically just an unfucked version of Inazuma's electro-grapples. It's Inazuma but sensible.

The only area in which I wouldn't say it's a direct improvement is boss design -- Sumeru has the absolute worst cube fight, its one trounce domain isn't great, and the world bosses are fine but forgettable. And even then, if you really hated the Inazuma trounce domains (I don't, but I realize I'm an outlier there) it might just break even.

The two angry ladies can still be a bit of a pain in the rear end sometimes. Especially Super Raiden. I'd say I mostly have Signora down to a routine now. Its mainly the final 20% or so that can sometimes feel like its turning into a DPS race.

Theres definitely going to be another Trounce Domain in Sumeru though. Maybe an avatar of King Deshret somehow or we actually get to fight one of those giant Ruin Guardians somehow.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 20, 2022

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Now that Alhaitham has been severely overnerfed I should probably just save my guarantee for Yelan. Dunno if I will, but I should.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Sumeru has the absolute worst cube fight
No way, cryo cube is way worse. Dendro's super easy with the right sort of team at least, it's just you really need want dendro and electroin the team and the former won't be doing anything useful during the actual fight part of the boss fight.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Eimi posted:

Supposedly coming next patch.

Tae posted:

They wil, next patch

Oh hell yeah. :buddy:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Asimo posted:

No way, cryo cube is way worse. Dendro's super easy with the right sort of team at least, it's just you really need want dendro and electroin the team and the former won't be doing anything useful during the actual fight part of the boss fight.

it's not about easy or hard, it's about boring

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Xalidur posted:

Now that Alhaitham has been severely overnerfed I should probably just save my guarantee for Yelan. Dunno if I will, but I should.
The nerf wasnt as bad as it looked. 40% of his damage was from spread and thats totally unaffected by talent multipliers. And dendro carry means supports do most of the damage in any case. But absolutely roll yelan yes.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

I'm glad her banner was the best selling of all time, Yoimiya deserved it

Specifically in China on IOS only which is the only real data we really get plausibly accurate estimates for.

Supposedly Yelan gets glammed up with more detailed fingernails next patch too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

No Wave posted:

C14 yanfei??? I see why you took a break.

Raiden Bennett Xiangling Xingqiu is still the most popular comp in the game and Haitham Fischl Kuki Yelan is spreadsheeting really well in case that interests you. The major relevant update to the meta for you is that a level 90 kuki with max EM is absolutely overpowered when she's run with the dendro+hydro reaction.

Okay, but if the comp doesn't have Beidou, I'm not really interested. I'm a casual player. I don't do high level abyss. I do story, collect things, and look at all of my pretty ladies.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's not about easy or hard, it's about boring

The worst boss fight in the game is that water boss on Liyue.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Asimo posted:

Cryo is cake though? Hit it with fire a bunch, ideally have someone with a sword to hit its bullshits back, hit it with more fire. It helpfully ices itself up, so you get to see the word melt a bunch, very exciting.

It's not really interesting, but the most interesting thing a cube's done is the rock-paper-scissors attacks the electro one has, so that's just par for the course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

The worst boss fight in the game is that water boss on Liyue.

Absolutely fair, but also not a cube!