Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Welcome back combustion !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

"Fixed an issue that caused currency from your stash to not be used if, while your stash was open, you used all of a specific currency from your inventory while holding shift."

god this was annoying the poo poo out of me

I expected a little more from the first set of Sanctum notes, I am happy with the mechanic as is and having a blast but I know a lot of folks are not at all and "Players being close take even less damage to Resolve" isnt much of a note to inspire your melee gamers!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I wish they would do anything at all to make failed runs more rewarding, or full runs easier to complete. I'm in low reds, have yet to complete a sanctum, and in total I've probably made at most 10c off the mechanic

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

euphronius posted:

Welcome back combustion !!!

time to shuffle my links again

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've gotten comfy with throwing Hextouch Flammibility on my Frenzy setup you can't make me change now. I refuse!!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I only have one free gem slot so no combustion for me :ohdear:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Is it really worth another button click for -10 fire res

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Papercut posted:

I wish they would do anything at all to make failed runs more rewarding, or full runs easier to complete. I'm in low reds, have yet to complete a sanctum, and in total I've probably made at most 10c off the mechanic

Sanctum does its best to be a roguelike within the confines of an ARPG, but at the end of the day the way you do better in it isn't really by skill or relics but by instakilling everything with overwhelming DPS. You don't need to dodge mechanics if they don't have time to exist before being blasted into oblivion. The guards and minibosses do need to have better actual item drops and they should loot fountain at the end of a floor like in delve/ritual/blight.

I did some chain running t1 strands for essences and low stress play and I had an incredible sanctum run (which scored me 2 div, 2 ex, 24 chaos, 20ish stacked decks). Going back to yellows and reds with my non-gear and suddenly every guard lasts 5 times longer and its actually challenging. (but the other strat is to have 150% movespeed so yeah even zpds can succeed if you're zoomy enough)

Really I think they just needed to make relics drop way more often. I feel like I massively lucked out in getting a pair of the 2x2 coffer relics with "Gain 40ish inspiration when you gain an affliction". Since you're guaranteed 2-3 per floor it gives you a crazy amount of extra health.

Which I need because I eat flaming boulders like I'm loving pac-man.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Sanctum does its best to be a roguelike within the confines of an ARPG, but at the end of the day the way you do better in it isn't really by skill or relics but by instakilling everything with overwhelming DPS. You don't need to dodge mechanics if they don't have time to exist before being blasted into oblivion. The guards and minibosses do need to have better actual item drops and they should loot fountain at the end of a floor like in delve/ritual/blight.

I did some chain running t1 strands for essences and low stress play and I had an incredible sanctum run (which scored me 2 div, 2 ex, 24 chaos, 20ish stacked decks). Going back to yellows and reds with my non-gear and suddenly every guard lasts 5 times longer and its actually challenging. (but the other strat is to have 150% movespeed so yeah even zpds can succeed if you're zoomy enough)

Really I think they just needed to make relics drop way more often. I feel like I massively lucked out in getting a pair of the 2x2 coffer relics with "Gain 40ish inspiration when you gain an affliction". Since you're guaranteed 2-3 per floor it gives you a crazy amount of extra health.

Which I need because I eat flaming boulders like I'm loving pac-man.

Yeah as soon as I saw how resolve worked, it was obvious that chain running sanctums way below your power level would make the entire thing braindead easy. I'm working on atlas completion but already know to avoid sanctum in maps that are pushing my limit, because it's a guaranteed resolve death basically. It feels real bad.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Patch notes look great - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3332640

I really gotta use my BV occultist to farm some logbooks and make currency. I got a Storm Burst totem Hiero to 90, and it's fantastic for Sanctums but not quite there when it comes to T16 maps. If I can save up for a Coward's Legacy and a Wrath watcher's eye, I can tell the damage is going to start being seriously impressive for bossing though. And that's the goal at the moment - totems for Sanctum and bossing, Cold BV for speed mapping and logbooks.

And then save up for Third Build . . . STR stacking something maybe? I have a 6L Iron Fortress laying around somehow . . .

edit - Replica Alberon's are only 10 divines this league? OK, I know what I'm saving for.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 21, 2022

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Fixed a bug where healing to your Resolve received by gaining increases to your Maximum Resolve did not persist through area transitions.

Fixed a bug where some beam skills, such as the one used by the final form of the Sanctum Boss, could pass through walls.

Fixed a bug where the Azure Assassin Sanctum Guard's Vortex skill could linger after they died.

Good.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Papercut posted:

They really need to make relics just... spawn more or something, because yeah, 100% this. I basically checked out of the league because I never got any decent relics and felt like all the currency basically got shifted into Sanctum, so if I don't do it I'm kind of hosed.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Papercut posted:

Yeah as soon as I saw how resolve worked, it was obvious that chain running sanctums way below your power level would make the entire thing braindead easy. I'm working on atlas completion but already know to avoid sanctum in maps that are pushing my limit, because it's a guaranteed resolve death basically. It feels real bad.

Yeah that was my experience with my first character (cold BV occultist). It's only rewarding enough to be worth your time if you know you can complete full runs. I do like the mechanic, enough that I built my second character specifically because I wanted to complete it, but I'm pretty sure that any fast mapping build can get more currency per hour by just . . . ignoring Sanctum entirely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nexous posted:

Is it really worth another button click for -10 fire res

Two gem slots too.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Sanctum is repetitive and unrewarding and once you have a great build for it completely unchallenging. They'd have to put a lot of work into it to make it a good core addition.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
the first five relics you get should be semirandom (more likely to drop the longer you dont get one) and have an extremely limited pool of only good mods

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I did some chain running t1 strands for essences and low stress play

I need to spam the poo poo out of some corrupted essences for an upgrade and I got the time for some chill play over the next few days, so is there a strategy to this beyond "grab all essence nodes, run easy maps?" Like, should I be full-clearing or just kill the trapped monster and leave? Are there any other nodes I should be speccing into?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
not sure about hexblast mines, im sure the damage will be there but detonate mines and the mana softlocking issues feel a bit unsmooth.

EAB feels very smooth laying totems, its just janky waiting for the damage delay. Hexblast mines have very good damage output but the outgoing minelaying is just a little bit off

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I’m curious what people are finding very good builds for sanctum. I’m loving cold dot trickster in maps/heist/delve, but it’s a pain in sanctum with the low enemy density and the effect spam from vortex. Thinking I might roll another EAB elementalist just for sanctum, but that feels poopy.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Arivia posted:

I’m curious what people are finding very good builds for sanctum. I’m loving cold dot trickster in maps/heist/delve, but it’s a pain in sanctum with the low enemy density and the effect spam from vortex. Thinking I might roll another EAB elementalist just for sanctum, but that feels poopy.

Either something incredibly high DPS and incredibly mobile, which lets you delete the enemies before they act while just running too fast to get hit by traps/lasers, or basically any totem/ballista totem build because you can just plop them shits down and kill everything while you hide around a corner.

Like apparently even Flicker is fine if your DPS is absurd enough.

Edit - Oh yeah you can place totems to eat the fireball trap maze hits by the way, ez tech.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 21, 2022

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Poison SRS kills everything instantly and tanks traps for you, its super easy once you get it going. If your dps is a bit lower you can still kill guards from around corners or offscreen and focus almost completely on dodging during boss fights

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Estraysian posted:

Poison SRS kills everything instantly and tanks traps for you, its super easy once you get it going. If your dps is a bit lower you can still kill guards from around corners or offscreen and focus almost completely on dodging during boss fights

Do you have a link to a build guide/video?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
One thing I can't figure out about poison srs just from looking at poe.ninja: are they doing anything to convert the damage of srs to be usable with poison or is it literally just a delivery system for the flat damage of covenant + envy?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Is there a good video that tells me exactly what to do with syndicate so I can try and get some white sockets on my bow?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
EAB is free wins in the sanctum, but I think the most useful thing you can do is to just stack +inspiration when afflicted relics.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Arivia posted:

Do you have a link to a build guide/video?

My char is similar to Balormages char here, though not quite as optimized. Im not sure if he's made a real guide for it but he did post a budget version on his youtube here. Last I checked a bunch of streamers were jumping on the srs train so there's probably a few different versions floating around by now

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Crit hexblast totems trivialized the sanctum mechanic even on the cheap before I had overwhelming damage. Freeze + passive damage uptime is incredibly strong, anything that does that should be really good for it.

J
Jun 10, 2001

In case anyone is wondering, if you have 1 maximum resolve and take the pact to trade 50% max resolve for something, it rounds down to 0 and ur ded

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

J posted:

In case anyone is wondering, if you have 1 maximum resolve and take the pact to trade 50% max resolve for something, it rounds down to 0 and ur ded

That's pretty interesting. I had 56 max resolve, took a room choice that came with an affliction of -100 max resolve, and it set my max resolve to 1 and let me continue and beat the run. I guess the "percentage" instead of flat is what rounds down to 0?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I'm not seeing a bugfix listed for the 'Gain 3 boons / You can't gain any more boons' pact. Unless they already fixed it, but I definitely got screwed by that a few days ago.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

OH MY GOD NO NO WHAT DID I DO

OH, phew, it's okay.. ahhh my heart

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Prob a tough question, but roughly how many 5 ways would I need to join to go from say 92 to 96? They look like they're 1 div for 3 runs on tft.

I'm having too much fun altar farming atm to do something safer for more xp lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Lol, treasure hunter has great flavor text

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Now I have to go eater influence. That is too much

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Reiterpallasch posted:

EAB is free wins in the sanctum, but I think the most useful thing you can do is to just stack +inspiration when afflicted relics.

I just won a sanctum easy even with my trash gear pconc pf because I have +99 inspiration when I get an affliction. Even accidentally doing some rooms at lvl 78-80 just meant i had to run in more circles. Biggest resolve/inspiration loss for me was still just face tanking 300 damage worth of boulders because I can not avoid them running at 200% move speed. Nothing compares to adding that huge upside to afflictions since you're going to get 5-10 in any run no matter what. It also means you can take otherwise harmless ones as a free heal.

I'm not getting any good relics doing low level sanctums but the $$$ is still there

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Prob a tough question, but roughly how many 5 ways would I need to join to go from say 92 to 96? They look like they're 1 div for 3 runs on tft.

I'm having too much fun altar farming atm to do something safer for more xp lol

that's probably enough, honestly. they say like 5 bars of 99 to 100 or something, and the xp increase is exponential with 96 being like the halfway point.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

totalnewbie posted:

OH MY GOD NO NO WHAT DID I DO

OH, phew, it's okay.. ahhh my heart

gently caress you this is illegal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

goferchan posted:

The goons in chat are telling me this bow that showed up in ritual might be a potential high-ticket item. Unfortunately I was a little short on tribute and had to defer, but any thoughts for when it comes back around? Not really sure how to go about pricing something like this.

Ok I have secured the bow and I think I'm going to try my luck crafting it. I've devoted one of my stash tabs to creating a space that manifests positive energy towards the crafting process -- I was able to 6-link the bow with under 200 fusing orbs, so I am willing to deem this successful so far. Once I finish a second blood-filled vessel to complete the leftmost Divine Effigy I will start to use my Screaming Essences of Woe.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

goferchan posted:

Ok I have secured the bow and I think I'm going to try my luck crafting it. I've devoted one of my stash tabs to creating a space that manifests positive energy towards the crafting process -- I was able to 6-link the bow with under 200 fusing orbs, so I am willing to deem this successful so far. Once I finish a second blood-filled vessel to complete the leftmost Divine Effigy I will start to use my Screaming Essences of Woe.

That's great, with this setup how can you fail :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
This has been my luckiest character in some time, including dropping 3 div raw, 6-linking in only 40 fusings (my first crafted 6-link for the account after 1k hours via the steam achivo) and a bunch of other great drops. Running EAB and doing more damage than all my previous builds combined. Testing my luck I had a sanctum with double downsides and -10 resolve per flask, but completed for a perfect relic for my build: