Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

That episode of Futurama where Fry is trying to give a speech and the stock ticker keeps plummeting but its Elon

alternatively

Darkest Dungeon with Elon getting 100 stress and gaining an ABUSIVE affliction

smoobles posted:

Why is Tesla crashing? Did it see a school?

Poor Tesla, saw a horse on the road and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Frank Frank posted:

Stanford Universty! Explain yourself to this petulant manbaby billionaire RIGHT NOW!

Has there been any responses to this sort poo poo of them just laying out the facts and why they said what they did to shut him the gently caress up?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean at this point, if people think there is going to be a margin call, and people think other people with Tesla stock think there is going to be a margin call, isn't the best option to just try and get out as quick as you can anyway, as either way there's going to be a big rush to sell?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sydney Bottocks posted:

My favorite riff from the MST3K of that is when Dr. Z is looking at his insane serial killer chart/board/whatever, and Tom Servo goes "I really need to simplify my masturbation ritual."

I was always a fan of the moment where the awful sheriff is calling the black scientist BOY and Crow sings "I'm glad I'm not in Dixie! Hooray! Hooray!"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Stanford! I demand to know why you made American a cuss word according to this right winger's dishonest spin I just glanced at!

STANFORD? ANSWER ME! I AM LEOM NUSK! YOU MUST RESPECT ME!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Stanford, I showed you my underfluffies, pls respond

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

dr_rat posted:

I mean at this point, if people think there is going to be a margin call, and people think other people with Tesla stock think there is going to be a margin call, isn't the best option to just try and get out as quick as you can anyway, as either way there's going to be a big rush to sell?
It’s not that big a deal. The entire loan balance is $6.25 billion (or was at the time of purchase) and he’d only have to immediately pay part of it back. If he was forced to sell stock, it’d be an amount smaller than what he sold a week or so ago.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I don’t know what they hell elno is wearing in his hilariously inaccurate profile picture, but it reminds me of a pair of Spider-Man pajamas I had when I was five. I imagine he’s crammed into a pair several sizes too small too, rear end-flap open, waiting for mom to come button it up.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Almost Smart posted:

I don’t know what they hell elno is wearing in his hilariously inaccurate profile picture, but it reminds me of a pair of Spider-Man pajamas I had when I was five. I imagine he’s crammed into a pair several sizes too small too, rear end-flap open, waiting for mom to come button it up.

It's a Halloween costume but his mom 100% helped him put it on

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Vox populi, schmox populi

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Elon would have been a great developer for Space Station 13

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Polio Vax Scene posted:

That episode of Futurama where Fry is trying to give a speech and the stock ticker keeps plummeting but its Elon

alternatively

Darkest Dungeon with Elon getting 100 stress and gaining an ABUSIVE affliction

Poor Tesla, saw a horse on the road and died

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Outrail posted:

Elon would have been a great developer for Space Station 13

His company already got the AI role spot-on

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ghostlight posted:

no surprises - the guide recommends against using "American" to mean a US citizen because it is implicitly biased against the other 41 countries in America.

Don't most of those 41 other countries refer to US citizens as American?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

this is it guys. i can feel it.

trump was just a warm up.

THIS is the populist movement that's gonna change the world!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

kazil posted:

I don't think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonyms_for_the_United_States#International_use

surc
Aug 17, 2004

kazil posted:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/norteamericano

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

confused posted:

Or, you know, someone who has been building engineering teams in SV startups for the last 25 years who might know more about it than someone who says, "LOL! Elon isn't a real engineer!"

No you didn't.

quote:

I could spend a good hour telling you how bad leader, manager and human being Elon Musk is based on stories of people who worked directly for him, but I could never claim he was a bad engineer.

No you can't.

I wonder if the hardcore coders have been allowed to sleep yet. I assume they're all pulling massive hours trying to get the 'only blue can vote' edict working.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/rear end in a top hat

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

kazil posted:

Sounds like it's a catch all rule to stop stuff like some stupid fuckwad going up to a Hawaiian Samoan or a indigenous Alaskan and going "you are an American really" and then being shocked when they get punched out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

My money market account's APY is 3.25%. If your current savings account is only giving you 0.1% then you need to find a new bank.

Elon's still full of poo poo though. The most obvious tell is the rest of the stock market not following TSLA's 8% plummet.

I just checked and it’s actually 0.07%. USAA has really turned to poo poo over the last few years.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

When I lived in Mexico it was always Americano/a but that was a while ago :shrug:

learnincurve posted:

Sounds like it's a catch all rule to stop stuff like some stupid fuckwad going up to a Hawaiian Samoan or a indigenous Alaskan and going "you are an American really" and then being shocked when they get punched out.

Makes sense. I know it's 100% more nuanced than a NY Post headline though

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Yeah, my Marcus online savings account, which I pay nothing for and took 5 minutes to get, has an APY rate of 3% right now. Everyone should be using online savings instead of getting five hundreth of a percent.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BlackIronHeart posted:

Yeah, my Marcus online savings account, which I pay nothing for and took 5 minutes to get, has an APY rate of 3% right now. Everyone should be using online savings instead of getting five hundreth of a percent.

once I get my severance in March, I'm gonna put some stuff aside for a cushion and some car repairs and stuff, and then throw a whole bunch in a money market

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BlackIronHeart posted:

USAA is online savings lol

support are troops

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Are you saying I'm an rear end in a top hat or just linking another common term?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I can't find the post now but a few pages back, there was some NBC(?) Twitter post that basically said Musk was looking for a new CEO for Twitter and had been for some time now even before his poll. This was great for Musk because it was completely unprompted and exactly what his investors would want to hear. ALL HE HAD TO DO was shut the gently caress up and let people maybe thing that was true for a while but nope, he had to respond with his dumb laugh/cry emoji. Great job, Elon. Fantastic.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

I can't find the post now but a few pages back, there was some NBC(?) Twitter post that basically said Musk was looking for a new CEO for Twitter and had been for some time now even before his poll. This was great for Musk because it was completely unprompted and exactly what his investors would want to hear. ALL HE HAD TO DO was shut the gently caress up and let people maybe thing that was true for a while but nope, he had to respond with his dumb laugh/cry emoji. Great job, Elon. Fantastic.

🤣🤣🤣

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

surc posted:

Are you saying I'm an rear end in a top hat or just linking another common term?

The latter

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Luv too keep my money in an account whose APY is less than cost-of-living inflation

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tbh the only thing I keep in savings is an emergency fund but it looks like I’m still getting ripped off

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/firstadopter/status/1605263222579384320?s=20&t=eZ6up7ch4NDqr1sYap4_sQ

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Data Graham posted:

Luv too keep my money in an account whose APY is less than cost-of-living inflation

Lol my whole entire adult life I've never heard of an above inflation savings account for anything less than rich people until like the past 6 months

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Interesting

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Someone help me my company is dying

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

learnincurve posted:

https://twitter.com/Popehat changed name to donehat and deleted all his tweets, only you can see how broken twitter is from what is refusing to delete.

If you want to read his takes still, he is on Mastodon

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I'm hesitant to click it or link it. so as not to ruin my algorithim, but there is a stream on the front page of youtube with elon saying he is resigning as CEO of twitter. May just be him joking, or lying. Funny either way.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

big black turnout posted:

Lol my whole entire adult life I've never heard of an above inflation savings account for anything less than rich people until like the past 6 months

You can buy inflation proof bonds from the government. Only $10k per year but its something.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

egg_dog posted:

This is my new favourite thing to search for
Hm, that's very...

...What's word I'm looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1605341207109939201?s=20&t=1fPg-HU8KdIuskdZp_JhGw

Boy Wonder quits with nothing accomplished, who coulda saw that coming