Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Something Lego tomorrow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Loco

But more realistically LEGO® Builder's Journey

CatHorse fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
So I think I figured out a way to get game pass even cheaper than $1. if you cancel it with over a week left, it immediately refunds you and then you can just sign up again. I've done this 4 months in a row now and just had to swap between ultimate and regular each time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been slacking on my Bing dailies, speaking of.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

It's cool that Them's Fightin' Herds is free on Epic because it had rave reviews from fighting game fans but I couldn't bring my self to pay for a game about cartoon ponies.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Waffleman_ posted:

heh

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Waffleman_ posted:

I saved up three months worth of points. Imma give the codes out as Christmas presents.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Duderclese posted:

I saved up three months worth of points. Imma give the codes out as Christmas presents.

Well as long as the recipients know not to actually play the games, it’s a great idea! :colbert:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
They're game pass subs! I thought that gets a (forgive me) pass.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

You accrued points via labor. Not free!

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

So how do you people go about getting the cheapo game pass? Last time I tried it immediately bumped up my price after the first month. Bing scumming is a no go for me since I'm in Urp.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

So how do you people go about getting the cheapo game pass? Last time I tried it immediately bumped up my price after the first month. Bing scumming is a no go for me since I'm in Urp.

See if switching to Game Pass Ultimate will give you the cheapo price, then you can try switching back to regular Game Pass after it runs out.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

This trick worked for me the last few years:

Let your Game Pass expire if you’re already subscribed. Add a year (3 years max) of Xbox Live Gold to your account first, then pay for the $1 Game Pass Ultimate promo. All the Xbox Live time you added gets permanently converted to a Game Pass sub for the promo price.

12 months of gold costs $60 here, comes to $61 total for a year of ultimate. Can convert up to 36 months this way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MikusR posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Loco

But more realistically LEGO® Builder's Journey

It is in fact this.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
cool, Builder's Journey didn't quite click for me on iOS, but I've been wanting to give it another shot on PC.

clue for tomorrow is a radiation symbol, guessing a Fallout game?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm going to go with Stalker or Wasteland, Fallout doesn't really use the rad symbol in its iconography much, plus they gave away fallout 3 last month or so

E: oh drat, yes it's absolutely Duke Nukem!

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 21, 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i was thinking duke nukem

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
A little Duke Nukem at E3 to get everyone hype for tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

It's actually Fallout, but the old ones: 1, 2 and tactics. All of which I already have on GoG.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Well there's egg on my face!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

clue for tomorrow is... a muscular man's head and torso? idk

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Darn it, I always wanted to play the original Fallout games. Oh well, I guess I never will now.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
This dumb joke about you not being able to play a game if you got it for free is really getting old. Stop with this annoying BS.

Anybody with half a brain understands you can later go and buy that game on another platform and then play it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

clue for tomorrow is... a muscular man's head and torso? idk
Apparently it's Encased.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I'm going to stake everything on Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

The Kins posted:

Apparently it's Encased.

A great game.

That I never finished.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Darn it, I always wanted to play the original Fallout games. Oh well, I guess I never will now.
Encased is as good as the original fallout. Maybe better in many aspect thanks to modernized design and other inspiration. It also have the Stalker’s anomaly system for those who want to relive throwing stone at warp field.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

The Kins posted:

Apparently it's Encased.

I played through Encased a few times. Overall it was a good experience. You get a decent story with solid choices and the mechanics have a nice amount of solution variety. It even has special support for playing a dumb character (Brains stat 1 or 2).

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Yeah, Encased is a very underrated game. It is Fallout 1 clone and you might think there too many of those but I do mean clone and most other similar games are just inspired by Fallout. They rarely feature small tight world with systemic approach to the world and combat being truly optional. Arcanum and maybe New Vegas are kinda like that but most RPGs feel very disjointed.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Fallout 1/2 and tactics are free on epic right now.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

fit em all up in there posted:

Fallout 1/2 and tactics are free on epic right now.

woah

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
don't skip out on Fallout Tactics if you're at all interested in fallout / squad based shooters. I wish that game got more recognition or even a sequel, it's my favorite game of the series for real lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

texting my ex posted:

I wish that game got more recognition or even a sequel
A sequel was planned sometime around 2001 but got cancelled due to the first game not selling well enough. Sounds like it would have been set in Florida in a mutated "garden of eden" created by an irradiated GECK. So like, mutant gators and poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Kins posted:

So like, mutant gators and poo poo.

Where's the post apocalyptic part

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Where's the post apocalyptic part

Hell I can't throw a stone without hitting a mutant gator.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

texting my ex posted:

don't skip out on Fallout Tactics if you're at all interested in fallout / squad based shooters. I wish that game got more recognition or even a sequel, it's my favorite game of the series for real lol
I'd at least love Fallout mods to use the Tactics engine. At first glance, it seems to do everything Fallout 1 and 2 do, but so much more as far as squad options and (tautologically) tactics are concerned.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

EGS freebie today is indeed Encased. Clue for tomorrow is a letter M that looks like the one in the Metro series logo; probably the Reduxes but maybe Exodus

Also, Greak: Memories of Azur (2D puzzle-platformer with Lost Vikings/Trine-style character-switching, I think?) is free on GOG

https://www.gog.com/game/greak_memories_of_azur

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 23, 2022

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Well at least I can identify the Metro logo. Both of the games it's likely to be i already own :negative: I am not going to mentioning any other games it might be. Almost certainly both of the reduxes. So it goes.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

Clue for tomorrow is a letter M that looks like the one in the Metro series logo; probably the Reduxes but maybe Exodus

What we need to figure out is, is this the main M? Or is it perhaps…The Other M?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's useful that they are giving away encased because I actually backed the Kickstarter and never received my copy of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

texting my ex posted:

describe fallout tactics using the title of a different video game