Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wembamyama is a strong influence on the bottom teams for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pels are looking awesome this year, do not sleep on them. Possibly in the Cavs tier of Wannabe Contender even.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vox Nihili posted:

Last year's Championship Warriors team was a lot better than this one, and the two best players on the team are out. Without Curry and Wiggins this team stinks.

otto porter jr and gary payton 2?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Knicks are playing the best D in basketball right now and Brunson ended up being worth every dollar they spent on him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m not even remotely ready to say Jonas valenciunus is good

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

otto porter jr and gary payton 2?

Yeah, they were both really loving good. OPJ had moved into a starting role by the end of the Celtics series. His biggest issue was limited minutes due to injury management. GPII was a flat out better defensive player than supposed DPOY Marcus Smart. The bench defense went from elite to zero when they left.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

would New Orleans trade the lakers pick and Valenciunus for embiid ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think they would at this point

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol jokic jfc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

To say it another way so you don’t get confused : lakers pick is more valuable than embiid

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that was one of the sickest passes ever seen

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah, they were both really loving good. OPJ had moved into a starting role by the end of the Celtics series. His biggest issue was limited minutes due to injury management. GPII was a flat out better defensive player than supposed DPOY Marcus Smart. The bench defense went from elite to zero when they left.

Marcus Smart is like the fourth best defender on that team lol

Robert Williams, Derrick White, Tatum, and maybe even Horford are all better on D

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

so your saying this season the warriors took the kid glove off?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Marcus Smart is like the fourth best defender on that team lol

Robert Williams, Derrick White, Tatum, and maybe even Horford are all better on D

Well I don't know about White, but otherwise yeah, it is known.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ex post facho posted:

that was one of the sickest passes ever seen

it was cool as heck

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

To say it another way so you don’t get confused : lakers pick is more valuable than embiid

No it's not

Right now the Lakers have the 9th best odds of getting the #1 overall pick and the likely #9 pick is a player named "Gradey Dick"

So unless you are prepared to trade Embiid for Gradey Dick and Jonas then idk

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I mean it was a no look self nutmeg to a teammate for a dunk. lol globetrotter poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did you know Anthony Davis just got hurt and is out

I’m not being snarky maybe you missed it . I miss things now too without Twitter

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I’m not being snarky maybe you missed it . I miss things now too without Twitter

Yeah he has a mystery injury that might be really bad, Lakers are slow walking the details

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah he has a mystery injury that might be really bad, Lakers are slow walking the details

woah. anthony davis is injured? how could this happen

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
KCP seems like a good get

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I still don't think the Lakers will bottom out. Lebron is playing great lately, Westbrook is better off the bench, and a lot of players like Schroeder and Thomas Bryant who didn't play at the beginning of the year are making a real positive difference

I don't think LA will make the playoffs but I think they still have some juice in them without AD, enough so that when he comes back their record shouldn't be horrible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the lottery odds are stretched out now . so you don’t have to have the worst record to have a good shot

lakers could get to 5 I think . they are really bad ans Lebron could check out at any moment to work on movies

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Scott Henderson is apparently really special as well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

man Orlando could get one and two

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

the lottery odds are stretched out now . so you don’t have to have the worst record to have a good shot

lakers could get to 5 I think . they are really bad ans Lebron could check out at any moment to work on movies

Well saying that a 10% chance at Vic and an 12% chance at Scoot Henderson is better than Embiid, a top 10 player in the NBA in the prime of his career, is still wrong. That's a 78% chance of drafting a guy who is just okay to very good. Embiid/Harden/Maxey/Harris still gives them a remote chance of contending

There have been more shocking NBA champs than this year's 76ers. 2004 Pistons and 2006 Heat come to mind, as do the 2011 Mavs

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ex post facho posted:

I mean it was a no look self nutmeg to a teammate for a dunk. lol globetrotter poo poo

https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1605421365363736576

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

depends how much left you think embiid has.

he talks like he’s going to be done sooner rather than later. I don’t see a Duncan career arc for him at all

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Yeah, LeBron doesn't really "check out" of seasons like that. He's only going to play harder as we approach the playoffs.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Shaq was past his prime with the Heat and he still helped them win a title at 34. I think Embiid's trajectory could be like his given how fragile/dominant he is

Maxey is obviously no D. Wade but there will be free agents and draft picks in the next few years

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe. he’s looking better and better

he actually smiled on the court last game so maybe he’s not going to quit in two years .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it’s kind of guaranteed that the nba will give San Antonio the first pick tho

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

popovich will threaten to use a cia heart attack gun on nate silver if he doesn't get the first pick

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i think the 76ers should draft wemby

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1605425370915708928

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lol a coinbase ad

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i dont know which person on the nuggets is responsible for this but they have held the grizzlies to less than 90 points up until the final two minutes which seems like an indication that their defense is pretty good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i dont know which person on the nuggets is responsible for this but they have held the grizzlies to less than 90 points up until the final two minutes which seems like an indication that their defense is pretty good

nuggets just played harder than usual, plus they played Christian Braun and Zeke Nnaji instead of DAJ

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
13/13/13 and more importantly he basically became head coach for the nuggets just telling his team how to play even when he didn’t have the ball. When you see jokic yelling and pointing as someone else is dribbling it’s a bucket 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

looks like I’m not the only one who thinks the nuggets are screwed

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1528837527771172867?s=21&t=uHtlXEE8i7xRFpn4NUVqdw

euphronius posted:

the GM of the nuggets quit the team before they had to sign jokic to that franchise killing deal

what is the first move he made once he was free of jokic

euphronius posted:

btw what does it tell you the the GM of the nuggets quit the month before signing jokic to a stupid deal?? and then his first move after leaving the nuggets was trading for gobert !!

what does that tell you !!! Denver is tucked

euphronius posted:

it’s interesting that the nuggets GM leaves Denver and the first thing is he does is trade for gobert.

smart man