Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Grimthwacker posted:

I'm going to need help with Seraph Station. I can't figure out how to progress a ways into the whole scanner section, specifically getting through the trap room.

With the hacking buff up, you can see the safe path through the window. It also shows you the three terminals you need to hack in the room above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Junkenstein posted:

With the hacking buff up, you can see the safe path through the window. It also shows you the three terminals you need to hack in the room above

That's the problem. I can't find the way in, and I've looked everywhere.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

lol at acting like weird XP calculations and wonky drop rates are sinister hosed up secrets.. it’s a video game you guys

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Grimthwacker posted:

That's the problem. I can't find the way in, and I've looked everywhere.

There should be a door right next to the lower window on the right. if it's not open you probably have to put the buff in a terminal somewhere nearby.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Sounds like a Reddit thread up in here. I don’t get most of the complaints this game gets

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Booties posted:

Sounds like a Reddit thread up in here. I don’t get most of the complaints this game gets

This mf gets it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Destiny gets worse the more you play it, and the people in a Destiny Thread tend to play it a lot

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

It's getting better for me, but I am a relatively casual player.

The last few days have been especially good - the Thunderlord catalyst dropped, and grinding Wellspring for the Dawning event got me the last red frame to round out the Witch Queen crafted weapon set

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Destiny gets worse the more you play it, and the people in a Destiny Thread tend to play it a lot

I have 2,500 hours in D2 alone—it climbs up to 3,000 if you include D1—and I disagree. I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone and clearly a lot of people in this thread should not be playing it, but it’s a fantastic game

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Who is out here posting Rookie Numbers ahahaha

You finish WQ campaign yet, big guy??

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Riptide with Chill Clip is so good with the FA changes. You can kill a barrier champ from full in one clip. Then pair it with Vex and Stormchaser and ROF and we're cooking.

I keep alternating between -

Contraverse Hold
Rain of Fire
Osmiomancy Gloves
Fallen Sunstar

I use CH mainly because overcharged void grenades are so insanely good now but switch between osmiomancy and sunstar depending on burn. Almost never do solar anymore

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1605286621234057226?t=CELD-ugN6_bizOmMfe4v5w&s=19

Is this in the normal or legend version?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
My gosh. I used Kill Clip for the first time tonight. THIS is what your regular play is like? No wonder this game is called fun.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Cheese Forever showed it in a video, didn't mention anything about legend. There may be multiple locations that can be opened.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Destiny is great. I play it a lot and there is still so much I don’t even get to do and that’s ok.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

I got it in normal, it opens a second chest at the end with season loot.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Im getting a late start to this season so sorry if this has already been answered but,

are heists supposed to be this hard? It says recommended power 1550, I have 1577 but everything hit like a truck and seemed to take way more damage than it should if I was 20 levels above the level it was

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Yeah, Heists are set to always be 5 levels over you. So no matter what your light level, you're facing tougher enemies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just make sure you've got 100 resilience and 2 "Damage Resist" mods on your chest and you should be able to shrug off the incoming damage

For killing dudes more goodly, use more of your special/heavy and less of your primary! Enemies have a lot of health these days and primaries are really just a backup gun for when you're outta bullets

Apologies if you already know this, but resilience was reworked and is totally cracked now. Tier 1 gives you 1% damage reduction, but Tier 10 gives you 40%

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
oh no I knew all that about resilience and have 100 + the 2 mods, I played the last 3 seasons, I was just shocked at how hard stuff was hitting because I missed the "its 5 levels above you always" memo and hadn't stepped into it until today.

Now that I know that, and what to prepare for in terms of enemies, itll be easier. Thanks.

e: Eriana's Vow will cover both champion types if I arm slot unstoppable hand cannons right?

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 21, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I got it in normal, it opens a second chest at the end with season loot.

Seems like the drones can show up in more the one location. I saw them once in early in the mission in a vertical room with a lot of turrets, and the on another run in the hanger after the space walk. In both cases you need to get a scanner and back track a bit. The one in the hanger is a bit weird because there's a barrier that would normally disable/strip augments, but doesn't seem to remove Scanner. (It's probably designed to only stop you from bringing extra Operators forward)

Also, a few spots blocked off by lasers that you can eager edge past (Thruster and Icarus Dash may work too, but are far less reliable) - we're supposed to get an upgrade later in the season to get past these, one spot somewhat early into the mission has a secret chest past the lasers.

Both secret chests seem to be once a week, per account. (Or maybe one time ever) They might be more likely to give red frames?

Also, be sure to do the seraph node stuff - if you've done all the ones up to now, you can start doing the ones on the station after you've finished one run. I think the station ones seem like they give guaranteed red frame Ikelos weapons. (I got one of each, and I'm nearly certain my friend did too, with the node at the end of the mission both giving us the HC.)

fast cars loose anus posted:

e: Eriana's Vow will cover both champion types if I arm slot unstoppable hand cannons right?
No, Anti-Champion weapons will only do the champion they're default for. No doubling up. There's some weird edge cases like exotics that have special conditions for their anti-champion application, like Le Monarque, which counters champs only on precision, but equipping overload bow makes it work regardless, IIRC.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

No, Anti-Champion weapons will only do the champion they're default for. No doubling up. There's some weird edge cases like exotics that have special conditions for their anti-champion application, like Le Monarque, which counters champs only on precision, but equipping overload bow makes it work regardless, IIRC.

on the one hand I understand but on the other Im very sick of champions so boo

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

I really like the new exotic mission

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it’s very substantial and very good. I’m glad they reused the Braytech environments, we haven’t had to go in there since Beyond Light

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Paracelsus posted:

Cheese Forever showed it in a video, didn't mention anything about legend. There may be multiple locations that can be opened.

Yep, drones can spawn in one of four different spots. Some are easier to bring Scanner to than others >_<

Mission's real good, tbh

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I tried to take the spacewalk route from the raid back to 8-track's room, but sadly there was nothing I could find even though the whole section is still navigable.

I took the Rangefinder/TTT Liminal Vigil I got from the dungeon last week for a spin on Europa to do the weekly challenge and it is the snappiest little thing.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
error coded three times now halfway through the mission and of course there's no checkpoints

that'll teach me to play when my internet's spotty I guess

e; four times. can't even get past the spacewalk. whatever I'll try tomorrow

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 21, 2022

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

ex post facho posted:

Riptide with Chill Clip is so good with the FA changes. You can kill a barrier champ from full in one clip. Then pair it with Vex and Stormchaser and ROF and we're cooking.

I keep alternating between -

Contraverse Hold
Rain of Fire
Osmiomancy Gloves
Fallen Sunstar

I use CH mainly because overcharged void grenades are so insanely good now but switch between osmiomancy and sunstar depending on burn. Almost never do solar anymore

As an fyi for anyone without a chill clip riptide they added a new omolon fusion with reconstruction and chill clip if you want to gamble some engrams. You should probably gamble them on random ikelos first though.

https://d2gunsmith.com/w/963710795

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The new mission is :discourse:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

new mission extremely good. legendary absurdly fun. no match game or champions, so use whatever you want.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I am very happy that the legend version of the mission opts for difficulty challenges that aren't Match Game or More Champions, the final encounter's infinite spawns make it so there are always 7+ lantern bois five seconds away from catching up to you no matter where you are and forcing you to be constantly on the move is so much better a choice to design a difficult encounter. More of this poo poo please.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
My one gripe is that areas where you’re expected to die at least a couple times (microwave room, spacewalk) should have zero spawn timer.

But yeah, mission good, and the skybox with the traveler floating over earth is gorgeous.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

PERMACAV 50 posted:

My one gripe is that areas where you’re expected to die at least a couple times (microwave room, spacewalk) should have zero spawn timer.

As someone who was doing it solo and miscounted or cut corners a few times, the microwave room was awful with this.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

After I died the first time to the microwave room, I very carefully drew a map to make sure I wouldn’t die again.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

death cob for cutie posted:

As someone who was doing it solo and miscounted or cut corners a few times, the microwave room was awful with this.

Between this

Mazerunner posted:

error coded three times now halfway through the mission and of course there's no checkpoints

that'll teach me to play when my internet's spotty I guess

e; four times. can't even get past the spacewalk. whatever I'll try tomorrow

and this and not having witch queen so I can't do nightfall this is one of my least favorite weeks in the 9 months I've been playing this game. I'll be doing the bare minimum and moving on

edit: and I completely forgot about buggy things not being highlighted so I run around in circles for 10 minutes until the game decides to show me the thing correctly

Capped fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 21, 2022

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Mill Village posted:

After I died the first time to the microwave room, I very carefully drew a map to make sure I wouldn’t die again.

Haha pretty much did the same thing except with a screenshot.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I'm glad they're doing more of this "soft intro to raid life" with this. Hope they set an exotic mission in the black garden sometime

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally showing off what the new engine improvements and upgrades can do. Remember when there were only like 3-6 enemies out at once? Having 20+ enemies in the final room sets the pace to be frantic. And supremely fun when they all explode.

Good mission!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've developed an interesting glitch with the game randomly not recognising crouch commands. It's not my controller because the same button was unsummoning menus absolutely fine, and I fixed it by going into controller settings, binding and unbinding crouch, and it was fine.

Hilariously it started doing this just after the elevators where you have to go into the vent, rip my warlock for temporarily having no knees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Another fun glitch in the mission: you cannot slide under lasers, even the ones you can crouch walk under. Also very fun to discover