Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

been running leader all day and getting crushed by patriot, surfer and mr negative decks, down to 94...are people actually winning with him in the high ranks? Missing dracula/patriot/brood/mr negative is really crushing me right now, I feel like they're all I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
"The fix to one card is don't play a variety of interesting decks" doesn't feel like a fix to me

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

No Wave posted:

You need to play cosmo. In everything.

And/Or Shang-Chi. The amount of times a well-timed Cosmo has given me 4 or 8 cubes are well worth the time he's at worst a 3/3. Shang-Chi too, I once sniped a Dino on turn 6 before Arnim deleted him, it was magical.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Pre-CL600, I've just been using t6 drop decks and destroy decks with control options to just hoover up cubes all day. First time I reach 90. Every other pre-600 deck is just way too predictable: On Going, Move, Infinauts, Dinos, all of them are way to easy to know when they hit their win conditions and are retreat magnets. Best thing is that if I use my destroy control deck, I can hundred percent bait dino decks when they do their obvious Moon Girl into t5 dino.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mierenneuker posted:

I think an upgrade cards challenge and a gain levels challenge. The upgrade cards one already happened this season, right?

Yes. It's always Upgrade 12 Cards in week 1 and Gain 20 CLs in week 3.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

If I want to break through the 600 barrier, how many credits should I build up? I'm up to 2500 atm, but dunno what's a nice cushion to have so that I can start losing ranks to leech/leader.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tekopo posted:

If I want to break through the 600 barrier, how many credits should I build up? I'm up to 2500 atm, but dunno what's a nice cushion to have so that I can start losing ranks to leech/leader.
Hit your rank goals for this season then level. No cushion will get you a big percentage of pool 3 so it doesnt really matter how much you save and is up to you.

I went to infinite then leveled and spent a few weeks kissing that sweet rank 100 floor.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Jedit posted:

Yes. It's always Upgrade 12 Cards in week 1 and Gain 20 CLs in week 3.

Good to know!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

No Wave posted:

Hit your rank goals for this season then level. No cushion will get you a big percentage of pool 3 so it doesnt really matter how much you save and is up to you.

I went to infinite then leveled and spent a few weeks kissing that sweet rank 100 floor.
Think I'll try to push for 100 now that I'm 90. Can't hurt to try.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Tekopo posted:

Think I'll try to push for 100 now that I'm 90. Can't hurt to try.

It'll be easier for sure if you're below 600.

The credit cap is 10k, which is 200 CL worth. In the 200 CL from 598-798 I got 12 cards, it's not a ton. Early pool 3 is kind of annoying no matter what, unless you get some extremely lucky pulls you won't have enough to fill out various archetypes. Just gotta wait for that slow drip.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Have the bits for a janky moon girl devil dino deck and it owns lmao

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Have the bits for a janky moon girl devil dino deck and it owns lmao

What are you using?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Tom Smykowski posted:

What are you using?

It has a whole lot of filler because I'm only CL200ish still, I'd swap out all the 3 drops with better cards. Namor was also filler but has won me a bunch of games by himself.

Just stuffing cards into your hand mostly. It's not perfect but any game I get Collector on 2 or 3, Moongirl on 4 and DD on 5+6 has been a total blowout

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Mantis
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Punisher
# (3) Groot
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) Namor
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFudGlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVF1ZWVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3Jvb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkN5Y2xvcHMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlB1bmlzaGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYWJsZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmFtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mushrooman posted:

Snapping on turn 6 when you’re well ahead but don’t draw your payoff card is a great way to convince your opponent to retreat.

Lmao just had someone try to do this to me and they waited out the whole timer hoping I'd take the bait. Sorry about the 4 cubes, friend. :sympathy:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

the_american_dream posted:

Hmm so me and my unfortunate opponent just learned that if you Storm limbo the game ends at 6 despite the counter still saying there’s a turn 7.

Rhino/Scarlet Witching my own Magik's Limbo in a C3r3bro deck can be so satisfying.

Mirth
Jul 23, 2008

We're all soldiers now.
I'm tired of getting dumpstered by Leech/Leader ((and the lovely emotes spams that come with it)) but don't own Patriot. What deck can I play that won't make me hate the game and the people playing it on the other end?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zodack posted:

"The fix to one card is don't play a variety of interesting decks" doesn't feel like a fix to me

The decks Leader preys on were suppressing a whole other set of decks. “Don’t do anything meaningful and then with the final turn when they can’t interact” is also not a great play pattern.

I think it’s likely to get nerfed because it is super unfun to lose to your own cards and Leader fits into so many decks as a single card solution to the big stats combo decks. Leader makes it a 5 turn game since the final turn is a foregone conclusion. I hope they find a better solution. But until they do, there are lots of options for beating Leader.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Mirth posted:

I'm tired of getting dumpstered by Leech/Leader ((and the lovely emotes spams that come with it)) but don't own Patriot. What deck can I play that won't make me hate the game and the people playing it on the other end?

Devil Dino comes down on 5 while they are playing a 3 power card. Silver Surfer if you play surfer on 5. Discard decks if you have Dracula. Any number of “good stuff” mid range decks that are ahead coming out of 5. Cerebero if you have it. Zoo if you get your boosters down by 5.

I am doing fine with a control deck that grabs initiative and holds it so the final turn doesn’t matter so much.

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 21, 2022

Mirth
Jul 23, 2008

We're all soldiers now.

doingitwrong posted:

Devil Dino comes down on 5 while they are playing a 3 power card. Silver Surfer if you play surfer on 5. Discard decks if you have Dracula. Any number of “good stuff” mid range decks that are ahead coming out of 5. Cerebero if you have it. Zoo if you get your boosters down by 5.

I am doing fine with a control deck that grabs initiative and holds it so the final turn doesn’t matter so much.

Thanks for these directions to try, I have Dracula, Devil Dino, and Silver Surfer, so I'll try some of those out and see if it leads me to no longer wish harm upon strangers.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I finally got a Series 4 card: Maria Hill.

So, put her in a Zoo deck? Dino? I can't explain adequately how absolutely underwhelmed I am right now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
My favorite Marvel Snap posts are the ones that weave an elaborate narrative about what the opponent is thinking.

Usually it’s just haha Agatha go brrrrrrr.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Donnerberg posted:

My Surfer deck from rank 40 to 60. It got a lot of 8 cube stacks from overconfident opponents.

# (2) Forge
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Groot
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Rhino
# (4) Namor
# (5) Sera
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ndWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNpbHZlclN1cmZlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJoaW5vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJGb3JnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJTaW5pc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmFtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdyb290In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifV19

I'm sure there's better ways to do it, but it's versatile and has some great highs with Rogue hijacking opposing Wongs.

I skip Namor unless there's a good location for him.
I like this, but I had to switch Sinister out for Scarlet Witch, since the former wasn't really doing much of anything.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I'm having a surprising amount of luck climbing in pool 2 with Strong Guy, of all people. I don't think people expect to see him actually used properly, and when I can drop an Iron Man and Blade in turn 6 to clear my hand, the board shifts a ton and they never expected that lonely strong guy to suddenly kill the devil dino

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Just opened 16 reserves and got zero winter variants. These things are ummm rare it seems.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Could I get some deck advice?

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Angela
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Maria Hill
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Nick Fury
# (5) Aero

This is what I'm running now. I have Mystique which could add another Dino. I feel like Angela just doesn't get used, swap in Mystique.Is there any changes that would work?

I do feel like this deck gets a full hand very fast, but I feel like it could use juuuust a little tweak.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No Wave posted:

Just opened 16 reserves and got zero winter variants. These things are ummm rare it seems.

They're going to need to give me more than 200 credits if this is how they're going to roll these out

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Who do I write to to have Hela not be in my opening hand every goddamn time?

Hela just needs company. I run 5-6 6 drops in my Hela Lockjaw deck and still take 50/50 shots on turn 1 sometimes when I run Blade. It makes the decision to bail on an early snap so much easier.

But I also like early indicators since I'm comfortable plodding along at a .28 cube average per game. This is 342 games with my Hela deck, ranks 40ish to 64:

Ubersandwich posted:

I finally got a Series 4 card: Maria Hill.

So, put her in a Zoo deck? Dino? I can't explain adequately how absolutely underwhelmed I am right now.

I bought her (LOL) and ran her in Hela Lockjaw for a bit since she's 2 Lockjaw treats while also only being 1 sub-optimal Lockjaw poop in the deck.

I have since removed her since even Lockjaw fodder needs to contribute on reveal, and putting a Gast in my hand is NOT contributing.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

No Wave posted:

I got extremely loving lucky and the first reserve I opened after the rollover was the winter Patriot variant. I don't even have the base card!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hit 70 :toot:
Was saving up credits and opened 3 or 4 caches today and no variants at all, though. I feel like this event wasn't super well thought out. Or I mean I suppose it was, if the idea was to sell more credits

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Vormir’s literal text is bugged. If your opponent plays on it, their card is destroyed and the text turns black, much like other Locations that have spent their ability. Except if you then play a card on it later, it will then trigger and destroy it.

may or may not have lost because of testing whether the text or ability is bugged.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 21, 2022

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Same. Though it was pretty obviously a visual bug.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is Vormir interacting strangely for anyone else when you play Bucky on it as your first card? I’m seeing a lot of slowdown.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

JackDarko posted:

Is Vormir interacting strangely for anyone else when you play Bucky on it as your first card? I’m seeing a lot of slowdown.

Yep. It takes 5-10 seconds to resolve the first card being destroyed. Bucky in particular takes awhile to respawn as Winter Soldier, but in general any card takes awhile. Really annoying.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Deadpool slows things down there too. Even more fun, Bucky followed by Angel swooping in from someone's deck takes twice as long at least.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

JackDarko posted:

Lots of locations that involve destroying things will cause slowdown occasionally, it's weird. The "cards here FIGHT!" one is really bad about this.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I've been playing this control deck and so far it feels real comfortable.

Really easy to lock in a lane with Spider-Man/Prof X. Downside is the power is on the low side. Should I replace Jessica Jones with something like Destroyer?

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.

Victor Vermis posted:

Hela just needs company. I run 5-6 6 drops in my Hela Lockjaw deck and still take 50/50 shots on turn 1 sometimes when I run Blade. It makes the decision to bail on an early snap so much easier.

But I also like early indicators since I'm comfortable plodding along at a .28 cube average per game. This is 342 games with my Hela deck, ranks 40ish to 64:

I bought her (LOL) and ran her in Hela Lockjaw for a bit since she's 2 Lockjaw treats while also only being 1 sub-optimal Lockjaw poop in the deck.

I have since removed her since even Lockjaw fodder needs to contribute on reveal, and putting a Gast in my hand is NOT contributing.

What's your current Hela Lockjaw list? I recently got lockjaw but haven't used him in much yet.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Radioactive Toy posted:

What's your current Hela Lockjaw list? I recently got lockjaw but haven't used him in much yet.

Up 34 cubes tonight with this in mid 60 ranks. Not an ideal fit with the current location but Jubilee plays well with it and Hela/Dr. Doom can always squeeze stats into hard to reach places if you choose to just ignore it.

Helicarrier has been fun sometimes but probably isn't much better than the Magneto I ran before.

If I had Dracula I would definitely include him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Deadpool slows things down there too. Even more fun, Bucky followed by Angel swooping in from someone's deck takes twice as long at least.

?? How do you get Angel in your deck? Shuffle effect?