Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Private Cumshoe posted:

Big Mad Catz fan over here

Worth the whole $12.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

L-M-A-O I bet none of you can even beat Dark Souls with a guitar hero controller that gives you a nasty shock if you aren't constantly wiggling the whammy bar

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Fur20 posted:

I don't like the trackpad, what can I say! Dualshock 4 Lyfe, by which i mean dualshock 1

The trackpad sucks for mouse/cursor input or anything like that, but If you use Steam Input the trackpad on the DS4/Dual Sense can be used for all the customizable UI stuff they created for the Steam Controller. It's rad.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I bought a steam controller for like $6 when they were liquidating them fast for some reason and I'm kind of afraid to open it, it looks so weird

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Private Cumshoe posted:

I bought a steam controller for like $6 when they were liquidating them fast for some reason and I'm kind of afraid to open it, it looks so weird

The steam controller is very good, but I guess they needed that space for servers full of digital trading cards

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Valve's good at putting out half baked ideas and then abandoning them afterwards, so the platform's got all these weird nubs and ends sticking out of it like some kind of mutant. Hey guys what level is your Steam profile at?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If I sold all my steam trading cards I'd have like 20 bucks in steam money but it's such a pain to sell them now

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I remember when i actually bothered to sell my cards a few years back one was worth like 60 bucks, I don't remember what it was and have no idea why it possibly would be worth that

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

tripwood posted:

That's what I did before it became impossible, the PS2 dualshock controller is the best controller ever made. :colbert:

Impossible how? still works fine for me op

the dpad on the ps2 is Bad though which is the main reason I replaced it

e:

precision posted:

If I sold all my steam trading cards I'd have like 20 bucks in steam money but it's such a pain to sell them now

this userscript adds a 'sell all cards' button to the steam inventory page (in the browser)
it basically just goes through all the cards and clicks sell on them for you

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 21, 2022

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

e:

this userscript adds a 'sell all cards' button to the steam inventory page (in the browser)
it basically just goes through all the cards and clicks sell on them for you

this seems cool, but steam apparently wants independent email confirmation on 200+ trading cards that this script just tried to batch-list. it sent me two hundred loving emails. there doesn't appear to be any way to automate confirming, or to confirm from inside Steam or the steam website.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

If you have the Steam app on your phone then confirmation goes through that instead, but you still have to manually run down the list and tick every listing

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

DontMockMySmock posted:

here's my unpopular opinion: if you didn't like HK's map system, then maybe metroidvanias are not for you. stick to linear games maybe.

Lol Metroivanias have had better map systems since Super Metroid decades ago. Hollow Knight made a bad map system just to be contrarian.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

galagazombie posted:

Lol Metroivanias have had better map systems since Super Metroid decades ago. Hollow Knight made a bad map system just to be contrarian.

HK tries to get you to learn and internalize the structure of the game world as you explore it.

If you don't like exploring and learning about the game world and its structure, then you don't like metroidvanias.

Super Metroid's map sucks. A bunch of identical pink squares does not make a very functional map. I can never remember where anything is in that game, despite playing through it several times.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Hollow Knight's map is just annoying, regardless of whatever game design justification is there. Also, anybody telling you to take notes on a pad of paper while playing a game is just deluded, the idea of pausing so you can write down some kind of bullet point list like you do at work or school or day is completely miserable.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i don't really know where to put this

british culture is evii.

gently caress it there it is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

roomtone posted:

british culture is evii.

you could have just said English speaking cultures

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

roomtone posted:

british culture is evii.

Mate

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

leave this poor thread alone with your shenanigans and talk about how boring and lame Breath of the Wild is instead

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

sorry i just truly hate you all

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Timberborn is an amazing strategy game, just incredible. Controlling rivers and building vertical grand beaver castles is just the chilliest thing ever

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I play everything with a mouse and keyboard! Yes, even Dark Souls.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Philippe posted:

I love leaning over a computer with my hands up on the desk typing and clicking things like I'm filling in a spreadsheet.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

you know what i like about kojima

absolutely fuckin nothin

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
How can you call yourself a true gamer unless you have this over-engineered piece of poo poo with a dedicated CPU and GPU that runs its visuals with the Unreal 5 engine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIYxlIEEt0

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

mouse and keyboard is worse than controller for everything except strategy and poo poo like that imho.

even first person shooters are better on a controller. i would rather pull a trigger and have rumble when shooting a gun than click a mouse button.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I legit, 100% unironically for real cannot imagine using a controller for a first person shooter. I can barely stand to use them for stuff like Dead Cells. I was a big console gamer when I was a kid but as an adult I find them to be just awful. My hands are prone to cramping though and that probably doesn't help.

Similarly, my nephew makes fun of me for being a y-axis inverter but I will do it until I die because I can't imagine not.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the only time I'll use keyboard and mouse in an fps is if it's online multiplayer. it's been 20 years since the first halo now, so i've had plenty of practice playing fps with a controller. weirdly i couldn't imagine playing stuff like dead cells on kbm.

you Y inverters are still weirdos but I do get it just makes more sense to some peoples brains that way.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Philippe posted:

i play street fighter with mouse and keyboard :twisted:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am reminded of playing Tony Hawk 3 online with keyboard players. Talk about a whoop assing.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

What are some games that can be played only on keyboard? Bonus points if they can be played with both hands on home row. Other than Typing of the Dead

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

giogadi posted:

What are some games that can be played only on keyboard? Bonus points if they can be played with both hands on home row. Other than Typing of the Dead

isn't the original dwarf fortress keyboard only?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

giogadi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1zKbgRIzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvLpircQe4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZIiVuWiu2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd68y5-pqm8

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i played a lot of amiga racing and flying games with keyboard only. i didn't have a joystick for a long time.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

giogadi posted:

Cook serve delicious is technically playable on controller but it's much harder and way worse than playing by typing.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

giogadi posted:

QWOP

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Clickety clack they say you can;t break IBM mechanicals but everything is possible.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

isn't the original dwarf fortress keyboard only?

It’s true! I actually tried to play it on my Mac last week but couldn’t get it to run 😞

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

mouse and keyboard is worse than controller for everything except strategy and poo poo like that imho.

even first person shooters are better on a controller. i would rather pull a trigger and have rumble when shooting a gun than click a mouse button.

See my problem is that I'm too used to aiming with a mouse. I can't hit poo poo with a gamepad cause I keep over-steering. I bought DOOM 2016 for Switch during a sale because it's loving DOOM running on that piece of crap. Couldn't hit the first imps you meet to save my life.
I have the same problem with flight simulators. I need my hot rear end or I'm just gonna have a miserable time.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

giogadi posted:

I played thousands of hours of FFXI with just a keyboard because the mouse was so janky in that game that it was completely unusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

A farting mink posted:

See my problem is that I'm too used to aiming with a mouse. I can't hit poo poo with a gamepad cause I keep over-steering. I bought DOOM 2016 for Switch during a sale because it's loving DOOM running on that piece of crap. Couldn't hit the first imps you meet to save my life.
I have the same problem with flight simulators. I need my hot rear end or I'm just gonna have a miserable time.

i think it probably just depends on what you played on more to start with. i played half life and some other PC stuff back in the day on mkb but i didn't really play fps games for hundreds of hours until like halo and cod4. i was just at the perfect point in time in my life when multiplayer console cod4 really took off, where i had almost unlimited free time and a bunch of friends who were the same. we used to play that game for like 9 hours straight over xbox live, often finishing at like 6am lol.