Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Imagine buying the forums to become the king of posting, only to get told by everyone to log off.

Imagine hopping on stage after a world famous stand-up comic, only to get a wall of boos so hard you can't say but three words and you mess up two of them

Imagine thinking you are so important that you have a stalker, only for him to go "literally who are you? Just pay for the dent you caused on my car, pal"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is Stephen King a good author?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

He's an author

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

stephen king is one of the authors of all time

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

cr0y posted:

Oddly enough this just came across my reddit scrolling.

The algorithm knows :tinfoil:

That's just one part of the batshit in Apartheid. South Africa never went for the "one drop" rule of whiteness that was common for American racists. Because most South Africans, even the light-skinned ones would not pass the "one drop" rule. Instead, they went for something far more arbitrary, and they put the arbitrary nature of racism into law. The rule was

quote:

“white person” means a person who in appearance obviously is, or who is generally accepted as a white person, but does not include a person who, although in appearance obviously a white person, is generally accepted as a coloured person.

and to make it even more obvious how arbitrary it was, the tests the government could never ever use to determine white VS coloured were blood tests and DNA tests. Sticking pencils into people's hair, and looking at the half moon shapes at the base of fingernails was officially approved but DNA and blood tests were not.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the good thing with the end of cheap easy money/venture capital, things like twitter are basically dead. Elon bought the play ground and can do what he wants but he isnt gonna be pumping billions into the company nor is he smart enough to find a way to turn a profit.

The best part is there will be no new twitter to take its place. because again the sheer amount of time and capital it took to build is alot more expensive.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

He's wrote a lot of books, some are good.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

He is a very persistent and hard working author. He is just constantly writing and occasionally the things he writes are really good, but the hit rate is not great and for every shawshank there are 10 weird books where random objects just start killing people and thats the whole book.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PinheadSlim posted:

for every shawshank there are 10 weird books where random objects just start killing people and thats the whole book.

Pls don't Maximum Overdriveshame

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PinheadSlim posted:

...there are 10 weird books where random objects just start killing people and thats the whole book.

These are his best books.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

dr_rat posted:

These are his best books.

hell yea they are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU4vR2uuVbM&t=36s

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

5? That's it?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
let me tell you a little something about love,

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Probe all George Hotz stan posters from earlier in the thread

Yes 85%

No 25%

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Elon is still bringing back nobodies like Naomi Wolf as a source of joy to the platform

https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/stat...ber%3D2101pti31

So glad he let her back on

https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1605321053038936065?s=46&t=H5cAUbKKTBKdye3ROI9DPw

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scorchy posted:

5? That's it?

On top of the client coding to learn, don't forget. I bet that would've been a real fun wakeup call for him to try and sit down on day-one and dissect how something most engineers would probably take a few months being trained into, at the very least, before they're doing anything productive.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Someone please use this to maneuver Elon into making tweets render HTML, I want to watch that hilariously break everything.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Endorph posted:

its so funny that THE TWITTER FILES arent even managing great likes numbers. like 60k is less than a decent right wing meme gets. this shits impossible to explain to your grandma and is literally only relevant to specifically rightwing twitter guys.

If you read the comments even chuds are telling him they don't care and to hurry up and post the "Epstein files" which obviously don't exist.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

He's going for some sort of Guinness world record, he's the stupidest person to ever be the world's (formerly) richest man, she's the dumbest motherfucker to ever earn a doctorate.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"Well, I can't find anyone stupid enough to want the job of CEO, guess I'll just have to stay."

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Knormal posted:

Someone please use this to maneuver Elon into making tweets render HTML, I want to watch that hilariously break everything.

"Elon, please also enable javascript and Flash in tweets, it would be so cool."
"Working on it."

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Elon Musk looks like someone took a big poo poo and wrapped it in a sausage casing

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Infinitum posted:

Is he trying to argue that users don't use a LOT of Twitter, and therefore should pay less for [Whatever bill he doesn't want to pay]?

The Dumb Never Ends

I want to get off Mr. Boer's Wild Ride.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Is it just me or are Twitter embeds not working correctly on Awful app now? Like the text loads as text but that's it.

I'm assuming Twitter is just grinding to a halt like a car running without oil.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Mx. posted:

Well there's no legal team

There used to be one though, a really good one. In fact, they were so good they managed to snare the [then] richest guy in the world into a contract so airtight that he was forced to spend a silly amount of money to buy a website that wasn't even profitable most of the time. He tried to wriggle out of the contract in every way imaginable, but in the end he had to pay the full price he had promised.

Even though Elon had first hand knowledge of how good this legal team was, he fired them. Probably because he thought they had been mean to him by being so good at their jobs or something. He probably still thinks he's the smartest guy in the world btw.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Offler posted:

There used to be one though, a really good one. In fact, they were so good they managed to snare the [then] richest guy in the world into a contract so airtight that he was forced to spend a silly amount of money to buy a website that wasn't even profitable most of the time. He tried to wriggle out of the contract in every way imaginable, but in the end he had to pay the full price he had promised.

Even though Elon had first hand knowledge of how good this legal team was, he fired them. Probably because he thought they had been mean to him by being so good at their jobs or something. He probably still thinks he's the smartest guy in the world btw.

lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Thundercracker posted:

Is it just me or are Twitter embeds not working correctly on Awful app now? Like the text loads as text but that's it.

I'm assuming Twitter is just grinding to a halt like a car running without oil.

Working for me on android

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jesus Christ, 500 new posts!

Did he get margin called?

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Offler posted:

I m half remembering so tell me if I m wrong.

Wasnt there a poisen pill in the contract that failure to buy/sell would cost the failing party to pay a billion dollars?

cause musk shoulda just ate that million dollars.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Ups_rail posted:

Wasnt there a poisen pill in the contract that failure to buy/sell would cost the failing party to pay a billion dollars?

I may also be misremembering this but I believe if Musk absolutely 100% refused to buy, he had to pay the full $44b regardless. Musk was incredibly stupid for backing himself into a corner with that contract but even a reasonable person would think "If I have to pay $44b anyway, I might as well get something in return for it" and go through with the deal. Of course, in retrospect, Musk actually would have been better off just eating the 44 billion loss because he keeps throwing more money into the fire, been made the laughingstock of the internet, and he's sunk Tesla's stock forever.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

davecrazy posted:

Jesus Christ, 500 new posts!

Did he get margin called?

he ignored the twitter poll he said he would abide by for like 36 hours, and finally tweeted out that he is willing to step down and only manage all the remaining teams but can't find anyone who will volunteer to hold the bag

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Asker-Zade, 35, is one of Putin's key allies as a presenter at the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK), and is also dating the warmonger's private banker, Andrey Kostin, dubbed "Putin's piggy bank".

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ups_rail posted:

That was if he failed to get financing or whatever. If he just decided he didn't want to buy it the courts would have just ordered that he go through with it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

She looks like she read how to smile in a book and this is her third attempt after some feedback.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That was if he failed to get financing or whatever. If he just decided he didn't want to buy it the courts would have just ordered that he go through with it.

Ah thank you, That makes more sense

also why you up so late Dane having trouble sleeping?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

another twitter user several years into the 'im not owned' death spiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uRCcEoGWxs

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Convex posted:

lol that's such a classic

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ups_rail posted:

Ah thank you, That makes more sense

also why you up so late Dane having trouble sleeping?

do i know you lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Convex posted:

Holy poo poo lmao thank you for sharing this, I hadn't seen it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Robo Reagan posted:

no no, there was cspam on the laptop

the Bidens are pro Ukraine tho