Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

does anyone else think its real loving gross how after badgering china to give up on covid zero for months the usual suspects are now all wow president xi personally murdering millions of chinese how dare he when the worst day for china in regard to covid is still like loving tuesday in the united states we just stopped bothering to keep track of how many people its killing anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I don't understand

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

indigi posted:

I don't understand

China bad

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I know who she is and I've watched the video several times but I don't get it???

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

does anyone else think its real loving gross how after badgering china to give up on covid zero for months the usual suspects are now all wow president xi personally murdering millions of chinese how dare he when the worst day for china in regard to covid is still like loving tuesday in the united states we just stopped bothering to keep track of how many people its killing anymore

if they didn’t open this wouldn't of happened

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

it's extremely gross yes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's okay if your packages get delayed a few days jeez.

I kind of get annoyed when I read Chinese forum posts complained about hard to find fever medicines and cough medicine in the last few weeks.

These loving Chinese, they have had convenience of getting easy 1 day delivery for so long they have completely forgotten the dark art of prepping. I have stashed cabinet full of emergency medicines and other poo poo in case of power outage since early 2020. When that Texas icestorm power outage happened, I got my water filters and propane cockwares.

when they say hard to find they usually mean they had to wait 3 days to get it delivered or something

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i had a coworker complain to me that ibuprofen was all sold out everywhere and almost impossible to find and then later that same day she was showing me her taobao cart to ask my advice on if she should buy the pack of 240 advil branded gel caps or the pack of 320 normal tablets (both in stock)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Some Guy TT posted:

yep it’s driving me nuts

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this is completely shameless (yet completely expected)

https://twitter.com/postopinions/status/1605408642366324737

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Advil/tylenol is like the only medicine you can find on shelves around me. if you want a decongestant or expectorant or a cough drop you're completely hosed unless you know someone who can yoink it directly from the shipment for you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Jon Stewart whaaa face

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

jealous of Chinese having COVID zero for at least a couple years.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

NeonPunk posted:

I know who she is and I've watched the video several times but I don't get it???

My brain has not been addled by constant anti-China propaganda so this is a guess, but I think the idea is that there isn't enough chicken (in that batch) to go around, and the kids are happily scrambling for it

It reads like parody but...

https://twitter.com/jenniferzeng97/status/1605030108401524736

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't this going to gently caress up supply chains way more than covid zero ever did.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

https://twitter.com/NafeezAhmed/status/1604798510234079232

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

If only the CPC never taken power, these children's parents or grandparents would have starved to death well before having these little brats...

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

atelier morgan posted:

because we don't build infrastructure

the average age of of us power generation plants has been unchanged (at 29 years, so the average power plant is only barely from the 90s) for over a decade now

things are only replaced as they break, not as part of any modernization efforts

wouldnt the average age remaining static for a decade imply that we are building some power plants? if we weren't building any at all the average age would be going up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

genocide

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

obviously blaming xi personally is very dumb, but if the cpc's new covid strategy is just the west's perception management strategy, days in china will be exactly as bad as anywhere else and tracking covid will be equally impossible. it's looking bleak.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

more like projection

Zodium posted:

it's looking bleak.

yeaj, real sad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TGTM_Official/status/1604672879563378688

I've mentioned this before, but how difficult would it be to find internet comments that amount to "let's bomb the fuckers", for any language, of any country?

it's so disingenuous because the implication is that this is a majority opinion in the country... and that China deserves whatever the West plans for it, because of the existence of the people making these comments

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the main difference is that it's objectively good to bomb london

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

smdh at these chinese people having bad opinions something that never happens in a democracy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Zodium posted:

obviously blaming xi personally is very dumb, but if the cpc's new covid strategy is just the west's perception management strategy, days in china will be exactly as bad as anywhere else and tracking covid will be equally impossible. it's looking bleak.

that’s not that part that’s gross. it’s the people who were screaming about how covid zero was a crime against humanity just 3 weeks ago instantly reversing that he’s taking about

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Truga posted:

the main difference is that it's objectively good to bomb london

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

fart simpson posted:

that’s not that part that’s gross. it’s the people who were screaming about how covid zero was a crime against humanity just 3 weeks ago instantly reversing that he’s taking about

did I say it's not gross?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

fart simpson posted:

it feels especially disingenuous to me because im one of the few americans actually meaningfully negatively impacted by the policy but at no point did anyone in my government so much as acknowledge that i existed let alone try to help me

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my departure from korea was poorly timed because i might or might not have been considered under south koreas covid visa agreement with china rather than the united states completely nonexistent one but ill never know for sure :(

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Zodium posted:

did I say it's not gross?

i inferred it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Yeah since I have family members live in China, it's hard for me to make decision and comment on what the "right" covid policy because you really don't know. It's disgusting for these people to just bashing the CPC on zeo covid 1 month ago and just do a 180 one day later and bash the CPC on the open Beijing policy. I mean don't these Falun Gong assholes have family in China? I guess they don't care whether their family members have a higher chance of dying from covid. They already made up their mind to blame the government on their relatives deaths.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i inferred it

it's gross

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

They already made up their mind to blame the government on their relatives deaths.

The Government could easily fix this by refusing to accept responsibility for the general welfare of the people, period. Works for us.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

has anyone called him xitler yet

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

how about china does a Xi-xit

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lobster shirt posted:

We already got Putler

Obviously its gonna be Mu-Xi-lini

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Absolutely incredible to see Western media turn on a dime like this after China does exactly what they've been demanding they do. This whole thing makes me very sad, like the Xi/orthodox groups within China aren't as dominant as I thought. The only good I can see coming out of it is to discredit these neoliberal-brained morons in places like Shanghai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Xitalin