Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Sand had a town result from Hum's cop, Voodoo has negative gunsmith and is not the poisoner cause he visited circl n1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
To clarify I had a track on Voodoo n1 and he did visit Circl, it would have been a pretty bold gambit to pull claiming that early if he was the poisoner even before this confirmation

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Illusionis posted:

Sand had a town result from Hum's cop, Voodoo has negative gunsmith and is not the poisoner cause he visited circl n1

I can't follow this poo poo at all and am starting to actually be glad the gun got bounced back to me.

I'll check in later on to see if any new claims have come in and then shoot somebody, currently thinking circl or Hal or throwing caution to the wind and betting on TM having bamboozled me yesterday after all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lmao

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sorry, I'm behind. I haven't read anything since I last posted. I know, I'm the worst. I'll do the things for real this time.

But I was vanilla until last night. My role was changed to roleswapper. I swapped GW and Salad.

This is all I know.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm on vacation in 9 hours so I'll be back.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Idle Amalgam posted:

Sorry, I'm behind. I haven't read anything since I last posted. I know, I'm the worst. I'll do the things for real this time.

But I was vanilla until last night. My role was changed to roleswapper. I swapped GW and Salad.

This is all I know.

Could somebody smarter than me explain how this would have impacted mine and salad's actions.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Idle Amalgam posted:

This is all I know.

So your role was changed during the night and then you were able to roleswap GW and Salad during the same night?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

So your role was changed during the night and then you were able to roleswap GW and Salad during the same night?

It was all done for me. I had no part in it. It just happened and that's the extent of my knowledge in this game at this point.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But now that the clarification is made I do gotta get to work. Ciao.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh. Mmmm I think I get what happened

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
If both GW's and Salad's roles work how they claimed the end result should be:

Salad is the one giving out the vig.

GW redirects anything targeting her to her target.

So the vig should have ended with Salad.

OR

Salads redirect just made it so GW got swapped with herself

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh. Mmmm I think I get what happened

Please enlighten us, cause with how you said roleswapper to work IA should not have done anything if he had no targets at all for the night as vanilla.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Illusionis posted:

Please enlighten us, cause with how you said roleswapper to work IA should not have done anything if he had no targets at all for the night as vanilla.

My PM specifically said that if they had no targets, their targets are random. Just gonna wait for the second person to claim. So I know who is the OG roleswapper and they can verify if IA was actually vanilla.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Illusionis posted:

If both GW's and Salad's roles work how they claimed the end result should be:

Salad is the one giving out the vig.

GW redirects anything targeting her to her target.

So the vig should have ended with Salad.

OR

Salads redirect just made it so GW got swapped with herself

I think my redirect resolves early in the night so GW did in fact get swapped with herself. So practically there was no effect.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

My PM specifically said that if they had no targets, their targets are random. Just gonna wait for the second person to claim. So I know who is the OG roleswapper and they can verify if IA was actually vanilla.

Oh you targeted IA and X, X is the original roleswapper and IA then randomed GW and Salad as targets, something like that?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Illusionis posted:

Oh you targeted IA and X, X is the original roleswapper and IA then randomed GW and Salad as targets, something like that?

Yesh

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
On another note you'd think the Finnish national railways would be better prepared for lovely winter weather considering this happens every year. Over 2 hours of waiting for delays on a 1,5 hour train ride :negative:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I know just waking up is the best time to play mafia, but this night action roulette is beyond my tired brain right now.

I breadcrumbed my role early on, at least the main part.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CirclMastr posted:

Seriously though, the joke was a one-shot deal. I took it easy last game because I needed to recharge my mafia batteries.

My screaming back pain doesn't help but I will do my best.

noted

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Green Wing posted:

Hello-I am a universal backup, I absorb the role of the first town player to die. One shot abilities are not recharged.

I absorbed opop's JOAT, with the "give gun" ability still availible.

Saladscooper, please confirm you received a gun last night - is what I WOULD say if the gun-giving hadn't reflected back to me. That was my "this will clear me" thing but yeah I didn't account for it reflecting back to me somehow.

So I effectively gave a dayvig to myself. With an ability that can't target myself.

I have breadcrumbs for universal backup which I'll post in a bit. Or I could just shoot somebody.
This game is really confusing but at least this is provable.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I guess I might as well claim since everyone else has.

I am a doccish JOAT (flavor wise, a Botanist who does stuff with plants).

N1 I successfully protected Circl (this is why I was pretty suspicious of how Voodoofly claimed - I chose to act very differently despite having the same action).
N2 I successfully did something but would prefer not to say what I did or who I targeted. I will say that even though it was successful it did not have the intended effect and I suspect it was redirected by scum.
N3 I did nothing (it did not seem like a good time to use my remaining ability).

I have one remaining ability left, it is probably my most powerful one and I would prefer to not say what it is.

If there is anyone out there who can recharge actions I think it could be helpful to recharge me at some point. For the record, I regret not asking for this sooner.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

The vote last night reads weird. I think of one of AN / TM is scum. The fact that it ended up on nobody's favorite execution candidate is pretty telling.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

CirclMastr posted:

I breadcrumbed my role early on, at least the main part.
are you gonna say what it is?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

mega dy posted:

are you gonna say what it is?

Hint: it's not the part about back pain.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Though speaking of, I did finally get a new desk chair today, here's hoping it doesn't aggravate my back.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I do hope IA is OK irl.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
OH WHOOPS didn't see he posted today. I am the dumb.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ok I am still satisfied with my vote. Shows up to comment nothing and then disappears again

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

oh yeah I should also mention that I'm gonna start traveling for the holidays tomorrow through Tuesday and my availability is gonna be real sparse. would be nice to maybe have a Holiday shutdown in the thread this weekend or something.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ok I am still satisfied with my vote. Shows up to comment nothing and then disappears again

Is this revenge for Gnosia? Have the tables turned?

I'm just busy toiling in one of the many paper mines of Capitalist America, trying to make a living wage.

Your vote on me, any votes on me, are fine and reasonable but your insistence on a lurker is curious. Albeit, I dont have the full context of your other posts outside of you replaced Keane, and lol, lunch all replacements, but what about you, hmmm?

What do your posts say for yourself.

I'll find the truth of it.(after work when I'm shooting it breezy on vacation, lunch break over!)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I mean... there's two people here (me included) that can confirm IA so weird vote to rest on

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

I mean... there's two people here (me included) that can confirm IA so weird vote to rest on

wait how are you confirming IA again? and who is the other?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

mega dy posted:

I guess I might as well claim since everyone else has.

I am a doccish JOAT (flavor wise, a Botanist who does stuff with plants).

N1 I successfully protected Circl (this is why I was pretty suspicious of how Voodoofly claimed - I chose to act very differently despite having the same action).
N2 I successfully did something but would prefer not to say what I did or who I targeted. I will say that even though it was successful it did not have the intended effect and I suspect it was redirected by scum.
N3 I did nothing (it did not seem like a good time to use my remaining ability).

I have one remaining ability left, it is probably my most powerful one and I would prefer to not say what it is.

If there is anyone out there who can recharge actions I think it could be helpful to recharge me at some point. For the record, I regret not asking for this sooner.

Part of the reason I claimed was I was hoping there was a recharger and they might need a candidate.

Also I did nothing night 2 because I couldn’t figure out a good use for my roles. I too have one shot left but would prefer not to say what it is.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Has anyone actually gotten a recharge yet?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
What have you been up to Circl? Are you witholding thise recharges, are you giving them to scum or whats up?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

How am I missing all these claims

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I dunno it's a lot claiming to start the day, that roleswapper does sound like a role that would be useful for scum, interested to see who it is.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

Part of the reason I claimed was I was hoping there was a recharger and they might need a candidate.

Also I did nothing night 2 because I couldn’t figure out a good use for my roles. I too have one shot left but would prefer not to say what it is.
Hmm I am curious if your unused thing is the same as my unused thing. I will say that if mine is the same as yours then knowledge of what it is would suggest that we are both town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I guess never mind, if scum had a rolecop they could know too