Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Elon’s voice sounds like plain white toast taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Murdstone posted:

The stack. It’s part of the framework. You gotta have a nice lean stack. That’s what you aim for if you know what you’re talking about, as I clearly do.

Elon has squirreled his way into management by learning the programming buzzwords and technobabble, but when actually asked to explain what he means he resorts to insults instead as a means of deflection.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Saying things like "We need to just rewrite the whole stack, throw it all out and start over from scratch" is the perfect know-nothing thing to say

Makes you sound like a Big Brained Idea Guy who's Not Afraid to Make Big Moves, and Has The Money to Make it Happen

It's also completely bereft of any need to understand anything and it puts the onus on his hapless devs who now have to rewrite 15 years worth of established technology from scratch in probably like 3 months, without the benefit of any of the knowledge of the people who wrote it the first time (because they're all fired)

Yeah we're going to the moon again. You're not allowed to look at any Saturn V technology. Go

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

The Alchemist posted:

This could have been the rest of your life, but you chose to yell at internet instead

Just tweeted that exact same picture at him, lol.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

The Alchemist posted:

This could have been the rest of your life, but you chose to yell at internet instead

Thanks! I needed to lose a boner fast

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the the gently caress is up with his face in the soccer pic? even the white lump boat pic looks more human and less 90s fps game/Steven Seagal

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Withnail posted:

you should not body shame elon

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1517707521343082496

lol bill gates shorted tsla

I looked at the date expecting this to be from 2014 or something... it was 8 months ago lmao

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Every loving day. Every single loving day when i come home this little Elon just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Elder Postsman posted:

https://twitter.com/pwnsdx/status/1605442608603463680

lmao as if you needed more evidence that Elon has no loving clue about anything at all

• Lay off the 50% of the workforce with the fewest lines of code, then complain about complicated code
  • Tell someone their work is "crazy", refuse to elaborate, then kick them out when they ask for an explanation
  • Look at a big complicated system, don't understand it, and assume that it's too complicated and the people who wrote it made it complicated because they are stupid
  • Don't know your employees names or what they do
  • Have work meetings with the CEO and top engineers hosted by an intern that quit the previous day after accomplishing nothing

"amazing engineer"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

The Alchemist posted:

"Yes father, I shall become a fat."

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

PhazonLink posted:

the the gently caress is up with his face in the soccer pic? even the white lump boat pic looks more human and less 90s fps game/Steven Seagal

Did you mean this one? It's edited to make him rounder and (I think) redder. I'd refer to the unedited version but I haven't actually seen it in a few days.

https://twitter.com/proudbugman/status/1604629145765511172

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Lol it flags that as potentially sensitive content

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Given how incredibly stupid Elon has proven himself to be thus far, I'm not entirely sure that "confused" wasn't just Elon posting on here himself, thinking "surely the SA goons will adore me"

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

PhazonLink posted:

it's slightly shopped so he'd look like the full moon face emoji 🌝 The original isn't that much flattering, for what it's worth https://twitter.com/DimaZeniuk/status/1604488931067805696

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Elon Musk: A Ridiculous Stack

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a good rule of thumb is that all conservative men end up looking like a thumb by their 50s

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Ignis posted:

it's slightly shopped so he'd look like the full moon face emoji 🌝 The original isn't that much flattering, for what it's worth https://twitter.com/DimaZeniuk/status/1604488931067805696

gently caress that, I like the one that inflates him further

https://twitter.com/BilliamBezos/status/1604674033743810560

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

BigglesSWE posted:

Zuck consumes him.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
When you are high on coke but think you can maintain in public.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Teratrain posted:

gently caress that, I like the one that inflates him further

https://twitter.com/BilliamBezos/status/1604674033743810560

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/dec/21/firefox-and-tumblr-join-rush-to-support-mastodon-social-network

quote:

At the weekend, Musk briefly banned all links to the rival service and suspended users who tweeted out their Mastodon usernames, but has now admitted the apparent move to prevent Twitter users migrating was an error. “That one was a mistake,” Musk said on a Twitter livestream with a former intern on Tuesday night, adding: “loving post Mastodon all goddamn day long, I don’t care. From an evolutionary standpoint, how’d that work out for the mastodons?”

Interesting!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Stocks nosediving again.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Lol BIG MAD

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Stonks zooming towards 135

The Postman
May 12, 2007

His own mom logged on to defend this stupid policy only for him to be like "I never actually cared" lmao

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
and here we have it, the musk fanboys have finally realised they hosed up and lost life savings in the comments https://stocktwits.com/symbol/TSLA

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why is Hotz an intern at Twitter as opposed to like a paid employee? Dude has been in the software dev business for quite a few afaik?

Google says he's 33

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y posted:

Why is Hotz an intern at Twitter as opposed to like a paid employee? Dude has been in the software dev business for ages afaik?

he offered to be an intern at Twitter

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

Why is Hotz an intern at Twitter as opposed to like a paid employee? Dude has been in the software dev business for ages afaik?

Because Gig economy and these chucklefucks thinking they can just show up and they too can bathe in the money fountain.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
He really went there, he roasted Mastodon by saying mastodons are extinct! Buuuuuuuurnnttgtjjbbbbnnnvvbb

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
only thing propping TSLA up today is the 2% pump that the major indexes got this morning. Watch how much it dumps once the broader markets start to sell off (already happening now)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

He sounds physically painful to listen to because it seems like he struggles to articulate even basic thoughts let alone complex ones. Like verbalizing is legitimately difficult for him. I could not imagine trying to have even a simple conversation with him because I think it would basically end like that Twitter call did, "Oh my god, you're a loving moron. Stop talking!"

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Should Twitter be accessible from traitor web browsers like Firefox? I will abide by the results as soon as I figure out how

Yes

No

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

quote:

adding: “loving post Mastodon all goddamn day long, I don’t care. From an evolutionary standpoint, how’d that work out for the mastodons?”

Yes, any expert can tell you that the ancient mastodons were done in by too much cross-posting. The ease with which Elon can hold his own with experts in any field is just astonishing.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

cr0y posted:

Why is Hotz an intern at Twitter as opposed to like a paid employee? Dude has been in the software dev business for quite a few afaik?

Google says he's 33

Because you don't have to pay interns and Musk suckered him like his other brain dead chuds.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Nikola Tesla died by dodging a speeding car, and this coked up deep one thinks it's smart to bring the irony of names into play. Let that sink in.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Santa was invented by loving Coca Cola 100 years ago.

That's an easily disproved myth, but marketers love selling the story of how influential they are so they keep spreading it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

E the Shaggy posted:

Because you don't have to pay interns and Musk suckered him like his other brain dead chuds.

California has some VERY strick intern labor rules and my guess is they aren't following them lol

lawsuits for days!

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Nikola Tesla was obsessed with birds and died alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

spunkshui posted:

Nikola Tesla was obsessed with birds and died alone.

Is this bad?