Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Philouza posted:

There's some gold for getting 7 zones to 1000, then the merit badge for 10k. Might be a good time to chase that merit badge honestly, using Cat's Meow is getting me 10ish per bite.

7 zones to 1k stream is a billion silver, which isn't quite as exciting as gold but is absolutely appreciated.
Now is the time to go for the merit badge. 10k in a bunch of zones is pure tedium, might as well only have to work for it 25% as long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I’m on like t22 or something and see no new quests, and no way to access new fishing. And certainly don’t have 3k inventory space anyway.

So this is all a bummer. gently caress me for starting this game late I guess?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Saxophone posted:

I’m on like t22 or something and see no new quests, and no way to access new fishing. And certainly don’t have 3k inventory space anyway.

So this is all a bummer. gently caress me for starting this game late I guess?

I mean, the content will still be there when you get to that point. You get a huge boost inventory space at t100

E: maybe not some of the holidays stuff but there’s plenty that isn’t gated at the highest levels.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

bbcisdabomb posted:

7 zones to 1k stream is a billion silver, which isn't quite as exciting as gold but is absolutely appreciated.
Now is the time to go for the merit badge. 10k in a bunch of zones is pure tedium, might as well only have to work for it 25% as long.

It's even worse...only 1 million silver. Not sure why I thought there was gold for that

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Philouza posted:

It's even worse...only 1 million silver. Not sure why I thought there was gold for that

It’s a nice bump in the early game. I remember being excited to knock it out.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Is it just me or does the new fishing zone seem to be less silver per LN than PC?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Xerol posted:

Is it just me or does the new fishing zone seem to be less silver per LN than PC?

Remember that GMing something increases its sales price.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Curious if anyone knows how much more the new zone is worth, and if I should be scrambling to get there before unloading all my nets (I do not have an extra gold potato).

Edit: Chat says 10% so probably not the end of the world

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Kalman posted:

Remember that GMing something increases its sales price.

Apparently you have to collect the reward for this to count.

50 LN in the new zone: 595m silver
50 in PC: 528m silver

About 12.5% increase.

In other news I almost have enough AK to finish the current tower floors, and I have the silver to climb 5 right now but need to unload some AC and AP first. I want to grab 133 before spheres go up as ITOD.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Philouza posted:

I got that achievement right before posting, and I'm not sure where I got another three zeros.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Xerol posted:

50 LN in the new zone: 595m silver
50 in PC: 528m silver

This is handy to know, thanks! I was expecting a bigger jump so I'm just gonna offload my large nets into PC....plus it's the only place I can think of to grind out honey, which I need.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Also remember that the new zone opens up a bunch of new easy GMs that will provide a bunch of Gold/AK as well as just Silver. I didn’t really have to grind anything to open up the new zone other than LCrests for the other quest to get a Heart Piece, already have everything there GM’d (which pushed me over the 100 GM Merit Badge, which was another bunch of AK)

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I gained about 1300 AK between the masteries, GMs, and merit badge.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I suppose there's not much point into pouring effort into Intruders Beware's second half until my Macaw's built up the pirate gear, I've farmed/begged for enough Spiders to get the extra Cutlass, my Python's spat up another 30+ skull coins and...

...I've pried a super-rare out of the Small Cave? :stare:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
How’s everyone doing finding gold boots? :negative:

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
How many boots do we need? I'm still stuck on rice, rip.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Where the hell do the boots even come from?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

MarcusSA posted:

Where the hell do the boots even come from?

Manual fishing on LI

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Vasler posted:

How many boots do we need? I'm still stuck on rice, rip.

2. I have 1. You fish for them at Large Island.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

Manual fishing on LI

Oh FFS guess I'm doing that today

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
There 600 broccoli and 500 more rice after the gold boot/potato

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

2. I have 1. You fish for them at Large Island.

Nooooo, I also have 1.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Vasler posted:

Nooooo, I also have 1.

Still have 1 after like 1500 mealworms

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’m glad it’s not just me lmao.

I’ve never known a game that does this to me like this one. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen what’s needed and gone ‘absolutely gently caress that, no loving way am I doing that much clicking’. Then a bit later when I’ve calmed down I go, ‘well I’ll start and see if I can do a little bit of it’.

Then I get bored and sack it off again, then rinse and repeat.

monkeytennis fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 21, 2022

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

I’m glad it’s not just me lmao.

I’ve never known a game that does this to me like this one. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen what’s needed and gone ‘absolutely gently caress that, no loving way am I doing that much clicking’. Then a bit later when I’ve calmed down I go, ‘well I’ll start and see if I can do a little bit of it’.

Then I get bored and sack it off again, then rinse and repeat.

That was me for that damned langstaff crest. It took so long to get one, mindlessly clicking one explore at a time, bah.

Edit: Does streak do anything for the probability to get a gold boot or am I better off using mealworms?

Vasler fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 22, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Just use mealworms

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm way too new to access the new quests any time soon, but at least this event's taking some of the pain out of knowing Buddy's about to want a hundred gold fliers.

...There's no way to get a Model Ship other than spamming Small Cave and praying, right?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Yeah, looks like that's it

https://buddy.farm/i/model-ship/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

... I might be looking to do a corn job. Do I get it on my phone or computer? Or can I cross-platform this stuff?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Omg I just found out someone I know in game has a 215k streak in Farm Pond and a 160k streak in Pirate’s Cove. What the hell

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

widespread posted:

... I might be looking to do a corn job. Do I get it on my phone or computer? Or can I cross-platform this stuff?

Cross platform ftw.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Since it's live now I can post the alpha trip report. It took me around 3k LNs with meal buffs to GM 8 of the fish in the new zone.
If you think it's less silver than PC, keep in mind that you need the GMs for the bonus value first.

Gold Potatoes, boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew, if you can find any...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

widespread posted:

The smartphone app is essentially just a browser (for good and bad, ie you don't get logged out like you do in other similar games, but if you click to rapidly you just end up marking text and images instead of doing actions in the game)

It is also kinda unique in that some game mechanics works a lot better on your phone while other game mechanics works a lot better in your browser.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The time limited christmas questline requires 3k wheat.

Not sure i have time to get that even with using all my grape juice every day on it.

Seems kinda weird to have a quest that you don't have time to complete unless you already had stocked up on the required materials.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
That's been the case for several events with T100 gated requests. T100 gives you a flat 2500 inventory boost and the game reinforces heavy hoarding after that.

The base rule we teach new players, don't sell anything you can't easily acquire unless you're about to void it, applies to the entire game.

Edit: so basically what we tell people in Help chat is to stock up on all crops prior to events.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Problem is in the run-up to this event I spent all my grape juices hoarding high-value crops and pine trees for the other limited-time things. And while I have had a constant background trickle of broccoli from pet(s) most of that goes to feed.

Wheat isn't too bad, if I'm diligent I can get about 8 batches a day for about 430 after bonuses, and nearly as much broccoli from 7 grape juices. So it's at least doable even if it is almost a solid week of all my grape juices and grow time.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Aaargh I just dropped a proper bollock. Without thinking I turned all my pine tress into Xmas trees doing Buddy’s quest and I only needed to craft a few. Now I have no pine trees and need another 2000 to make the wreaths he wants. gently caress.

Edit: and finally after finding a golden boot I now need 600 broccoli for the new fishing zone quest. I made feed out of all my broccoli last week :negative:

monkeytennis fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 22, 2022

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Just unlocked the new fishing zone. Let’s go baby

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

monkeytennis posted:

Aaargh I just dropped a proper bollock. Without thinking I turned all my pine tress into Xmas trees doing Buddy’s quest and I only needed to craft a few. Now I have no pine trees and need another 2000 to make the wreaths he wants. gently caress.

Edit: and finally after finding a golden boot I now need 600 broccoli for the new fishing zone quest. I made feed out of all my broccoli last week :negative:

I did the same thing with like 2000 broccoli, a Christmas cookie and the new grape juice perk saved me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Still need a drat gold potato.